VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:22:30 09/23/14 Tue
Author: conmama
Subject: Another thing I love about the series....

First, we are all so excited to discuss the show that newer replies are getting lost in the posts. Anyway..what I love about Outlander is the young, sweeter Jamie. Oh, I loved older Jamie, too of course...but sometimes I enjoy visiting 22 year old Jamie and will do an Outlander reread just for that. I love "visiting" him on the series and look forward to seeing how he "ages" and changes. I"m really crossing my fingers that they renew it for Voyager. As much as I love the whole story and could watch for year, if it ended at Voyager, I would be OK with that. We MUST see that reunion.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Conmama, this show brings back the excitement I felt twelve years ago, upon discovering "Outlander," and I very much relish seeing my favorite book in the series come to life. I would be perfectly fine if they stop filming at Voyager, with the screenwriters' version of the reunion. God only knows what they'd do with the Chinese foot fetishist; the serial killer in the whorehouse; and Laoghaire and daughters bursting into the bedroom while J&C are in flagrante delicto. All that, frankly, I can do without. But yes, I want to see what they'll do with Claire going back to Frank; and yes, The Reunion when she returns to the past. I have a feeling we'll get a more fleshed out view of the impact her 1940's reappearance has on certain citizens in Inverness. -- Lemora, 12:40:30 09/23/14 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> I agree, conmama, seeing how they've aged has been a joy of the series. I have wondered how the actors would look as older J&C - thank goodness for make-up! I totally agree that the series should go to at least Voyager - such good stuff in DIA and Voyager both. -- MaryJ, 12:40:55 09/23/14 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> I LOVE young Jamie! While watching RENT I actually felt happy just watching him, sitting with the men laughing at the ribald jokes, As much as he already had a troubled life at that point, that would be the last time he could be so carefree. From then on he will always be responsible for someone, and he would never ever again be just one of the men. He would soon shoulder the burden of responsibility and 8 books later he's still doing it. -- Rita, 13:29:41 09/23/14 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.