VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 19:09:30 09/13/14 Sat
Author: M-another-M
Subject: Brian Fraser

Who else looked for him in the crowd?????? They didn't mention him, but he was there... the name was in the credits! I didn't catch the actors name. I have to get a screen cap of the crowd and credits when I can get it online.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I did! Didn't see him, though. -- Shads, 19:15:57 09/13/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Found him...and it was who I thought it was...(link inside) -- BluEyedDaizy, 08:57:07 09/15/14 Mon

"‘Outlander’ executive producer talks season 2 plans and reveals"

[ Edit | View ]

[> That's who I kept looking for! -- BetsyG, 19:37:27 09/13/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> I got so caught up in the Claire/BJR discussion I forgot about him punching her! I thought.....oh he's gonna be nice *g* -- M-another-M, 19:47:55 09/13/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> Andrew Whipp -- M-another-M, 20:00:59 09/13/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Brian Fraser up there! -- M-another-M, 20:01:24 09/13/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> wow he is big and handsome Black Brian for sure!!! Couldn't you just see a movie about Ellen and Brian??? -- BetsyG, 10:07:00 09/14/14 Sun

Last edited by author: Sun September 14, 2014 10:07:53   Edited 1 time.

[ Edit | View ]

[> I was wondering if he was the man standing behind Dougal. Close enough that they would both have their eye on Jamie, but I wasn't sure since they highlighted the fainting soldier and not "man in crowd having stroke". -- LadyStormwing, 20:05:24 09/13/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> I saw him. He was standing behind and to the left of Dougal, as we were facing Dougal. The actor's name is Andrew Whipp. If you look his picture up, you'll be able to recognize him in the show. He's beardless in the episode. -- Nifty, 20:06:50 09/13/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> I thought about him but would have no idea which actor was him. -- CarolE, 20:06:52 09/13/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> I just paid close attention to all the extras in the flogging scene the second time I watched it and made note of likely candidates. I looked up his photo later. Brian will be well dressed, middle aged, and ideally will have black hair "like a silky" or Brian Dubh would not work as a nickname. He will be important later, so you know there are a few shots of him and he will be dressed well. Sure enough, I spotted him! -- Shads, 20:30:34 09/13/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> Yes! I looked for him too - and spotted him behind Dugal! -- Kel, 20:36:49 09/13/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> Oh, I forgot about Brian Fraser being at the flogging. I'll look for him on my re watch. -- Florence, 22:25:33 09/13/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> I was looking for him too, when BJR said a soldier fainted, I thought they were going to put Brian's stroke in the episode instead. I'm 100% for the show and everything about it,but.....If the character I saw that is Brian, my picture in my head has always been a younger, more handsome man-like Jamie with black hair. -- LadyBlair, 05:15:22 09/14/14 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Yes, he was not how I pictured him - I alsways thought of him as a big very handsome man looking like Jamie with black hair. Enough to have Ellen run off with him. While this man is nice looking, not one that stood out as a big handsome Brian I had pictured. Although the actor playing Murtagh is much better looking than I pictured the character from teh books. -- Kel, 15:51:28 09/15/14 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Totally agree with everything you said. I pictured Brian Dhu to be very, very handsome. Swoon worthy enough to sneak away from the Mackenzie Brothers handsome! This man is nice looking, but not my Brian at all! -- conmama, 05:39:37 09/16/14 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> Did anyone see Murtagh in the flogging scene? -- M-another-M, 21:05:38 09/14/14 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> No, I was watching Dougal - now I'll have to watch it again -- kgp, 03:08:08 09/15/14 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> No. I looked and looked but I didn't see him. -- Shads, 23:14:25 09/15/14 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I think I saw him blurrily over Brian's right shoulder. Not sure but can't stand to watch it again. -- kgp, 07:22:29 09/19/14 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> Yup, I looked for that Silkie! They can put him in later using CGI right? Did I use the correct terminology, even? -- shy gal, 11:51:52 09/15/14 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> I watched again with my DH…but I have to admit it was hard finding him when you are watching through your fingers. OMG they did such a fantastic job with this scene. -- Ceilidh, 12:12:35 09/15/14 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> he appeared several times actually. ONce, behind and to the left of Dougal then later, behind and to the right. -- Colly, 12:50:26 09/15/14 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> I will have to rewatch. Wonder what else I missed by not being able to watch the entire flogging. -- shy gal, 13:45:43 09/15/14 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.