VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:26:46 09/15/14 Mon
Author: HollyC
Subject: Conmama, how come I always agree with you :-) inside>>>
In reply to: conmama 's message, "Wow, that flogging scene was so intense. Inside" on 05:30:35 09/15/14 Mon

I thought the same thing about the virgin line. Cait was great - really nailed the gee don't you have a girlfriend somewhere bit. She did think of herself as a little more mature than Jamie until she got to know him better (at least thats how I remember it) and they've captured that by showing her thinking her feelings for him are kind of 'fondness'. But Sam either mumbled, or swallowed the line, I don't know what, but like you I thought it could have had more pizzazz. I do think Sam might be intentionally bringing Jamie into focus gradually: first he's just an overeager injured kid, then a nice guy, then some mystery to his backstory in terms of being an relative of the MacKenzies with a price on his head. I remember on first read when Jamie tells Claire on the wedding night that there are secrets she and he can both keep, I still wondered if he was going to be a 100% 'good guy'. So far I think Sam has kind of been in the shadow of Cait's incredible acting - it will be interesting to see what happens in the next 2 weeks!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> Well, I feel a bit better knowing its just wasn't me, HollyC. Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one who felt that. If I didn't know that line was coming, I might have missed it....not much pizzazz as you say. If he fumbles Oh Holy God I'm going to be cursing, too. -- Conmama, 14:02:30 09/15/14 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Reading through some blogs, it seems that most of those who had not read the books were floored by his admission of virginity. So it seems to have come across fine to those unfamiliar with the story. -- Kim G, 19:58:15 09/15/14 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Well that is good. For me, that scene in the book was the start of the page turning. It was my OMG moment, and was anticipating it with glee...to be mildly disappointed. Glad the non readers were surprised. -- Conmama, 02:58:24 09/16/14 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.