VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 16:09:55 09/15/14 Mon
Author: Kel
Subject: Let's talk about Dugal!

I must admit, I am a bit smitten by Dugal so far! I know the whole thing of course, but loving seeing his character developing.
The first episode where everyone fights, and he is still all put together. His play time with Hamish.
When Jamie steps up to take the oath, and he puts his hand on his knife. Stopping the guys from raping Claire in the hallway, but then stealing a kiss. Weren't these the same guys that then first grabbed Jamie when he tried to bring Claire back the secret way?
Then his caring over Georgie as he dies and his thanks to Claire. Trying to figure out if she is friend or foe.
"Playing" the game with Jamie - the "I taught you" "You taught me well". Lots going on there!
Sticking around when it wasn't safe for him at the tavern, alone surrounded by redcoats, and his rescue. He must have been nearby to listen for anything if she needed him. If she had told all, he would have been killed.
His planning on a marriage - talking to Ned before all of this. Of course, it benefits him for Jamie to be married to her, but still....
And he is just by gosh a great looking man!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I agree with everything you say, Kel. I've always loved Dougal but only after Jamie. -- Florence, 17:40:09 09/15/14 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> I could never truly trust Dougal in the book and would go back and forth.....and I find in the series Im the same way. Although I find him more likable in the series. Im looking forward to scenes with him and Geillis, but thought I read that would be season two. -- M-another-M, 20:53:29 09/15/14 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Looking forward to those scenes too. Seemed like Dougal put G up to all those questions she was asking, more than just another curious TT. Why would she even suspect C of TT at this point, so I think D put her up to finding out about C. -- Kel, 11:44:11 09/17/14 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Sorry for spelling Dougal incorrectly - won't lePFRWJt me edit! oops! -- Kel, 11:45:30 09/17/14 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> If you login you'll get a "head" and then you can edit. -- kgp, 11:37:47 09/18/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> Definitely, yes! I always loved Dougal's complexity in the books (in fact, I thought we was THE ONE, at first), and TV!Dougal is absolutely great. He's not a cruel man, and he's honourable (by his own rules :) ), but totally commited to his convictions, and that makes him ruthless and dangerous. A riveting mixture of qualities and faults. It would be quite a challenge to tame that man. And I think Claire could do it, if the books had gone that way (though I don't regret they didn't. Jamie first! :) ). Graham MacTavish is GLORIOUS as Dougal. -- Rita, 13:06:05 09/18/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> I still have a hard time not associating Dougal and Aislinn.......I miss that couple -- M-another-M, 14:16:42 09/18/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I know. I feel like I'm cheating on her because I think he's hot. : ) -- Reilly, 18:00:13 09/18/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> I think Aislinn would share! :) -- M-another-M, 20:47:51 09/18/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.