VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:24:48 09/20/14 Sat
Author: Rita (aka FW)
Subject: Bridal jitters...

So I'm getting bridal jitters... I'm sure SH's bum will be very nice, and all that, but a bum, fine as it may be, is no novelty at this stage of life, and that's really not why I'm SO VERY WAITING for this episode.

This is THE wedding, and though by now I don't doubt they'll gift us with a beautiful episode, with all the more important parts of the story, there are some not so important details I would very, very much like to be featured:

- after so many voice-overs, some even a bit redundant IMO, I want the "unflagging joy" voice-over. I want to hear it in Claire's voice. Not only it's a lovely quote, but it's so revealing of her state of mind. So, wish #1.

- I want the scene when first Claire, and then Jamie step out of the room to find all the drunk men in the tap room, and I want to hear those jokes. A thousand rereads after, they still make me smile!

- I want Jamie explaining how he was surprised they did it face to face.

Now, I'm sure in the episode they'll do it more than once, but I want the book dialogues! Verbatim (Jamie would be proud of my Latin!).

- I want Jamie asking if Claire won't mind if they do it a second time (oh, Claire, the ordeal! Really, just close your eyes, and think of England).

- and I want the scene with Jamie asking the "does it happen every time?"; because I love it.

Well, got it off my chest. :) Had to post it here, as I don't have any "captive audience, of sorts" to endure the ramblings... Back to silly grin mode, now.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Oh, Rita! For a second I thought I was on the Kirk board and that you were a nervous bride needing some prayers! I too cannot wait for tonight's Wedding! I understand everything that you want to see and hopefully it will all be there. I know that Diana has had them put lines into the show knowing that we'll be looking for them. Let's hope she's had a hand in the Wedding too! Cannot wait to discuss this in the morning! -- Mia, 12:53:20 09/20/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> I have devoured everything I could find about the wedding today. Too old to remember if I was nervous on my wedding day (LOL!), but sure am nervous for this one. I think the dres swill be spectacular. Such a clever way Ned found it! Can't wait to watch it the first time and then immediatelly watch it the second time with CC. -- Lady Linda, 13:16:45 09/20/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> I'm excited about tonight's episode, but I can't say that the main source of my excitement is watching them have sex. Jamie and Claire have a deep physical connection, no doubt, and I know it's part of their relationship. I don't think I've ever skimmed over one of their sex scenes in the book. Still -- When the show was first being announced, the books were always described as romance novels, and even still, the various critics and reporters tend to harp (in my opinion) overly much on the characters' sexy times. Whatever -- sex is part of adult relationships. Why is everyone so googly-eyed about it? I'm looking forward to night's episode: want to see her in her dress and him in his finery, want to see the blood vow. I want to see the scene when Claire steps out of their room in the middle of the night and is met with ribaldry from the Scots. But I'm certainly hoping there will be more to this episode than just 52 minutes of them getting it on. -- Nifty, 14:49:48 09/20/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> Last week, she was looking at the marriage contract - I want to know when she finds out he is not McTavish! And her look when she sees him in his full regalia. And didn't she and Frank marry in that church (could be poor memory)? I purposely have not done a re-read! -- Kel, 14:59:06 09/20/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> I wonder whether Claire will be drunk as a besom and screechin' like a parrot! And will they be married in the little kirk? -- shy gal, 15:33:45 09/20/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> Nice to see you, Rita, and I hope all of your wishes up there come true because I would love to see/hear all of those scenes/lines, too! Plus seeing the blood vow is definitely something I'm looking forward to. And as of this posting, the countdown to the episode is in minutes. :-) -- LadyJay, 17:06:07 09/20/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.