VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 20:35:33 09/20/14 Sat
Author: Kel
Subject: When it began and they were already married I almost wondered if I missed an episode! Maybe by the flashbacks they could explain at the same time show? Is Dougal married on the show? I don't know if he is or not? Makes that kiss in the hall when C was going to run a bit different after he makes a pass at her on her right after she is married. She doesn't tell J either (yet). Wonder if that will come into play.
In reply to: Lady Linda 's message, "I am simply shocked to admit this. I was disappointed with this episode. I have thought each of the first six episodes were fabulous. This one disappointed me perhaps because I think it may have flowed much better in a linear fashion rather than in flashbacks. Don't think I recovered from the first scene being post wedding in the bridal chamber. While I realize that the first time for a virile young man can be like a bottle rocket going off, there was none of Claire's "guidance." It just seemed a little too base for me. The come on from Dougal at the end was a shocker but a rather interesting development, perhaps for the future?" on 20:24:24 09/20/14 Sat

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> Not exactly disappointed, but this was a prime example of why one should read the book first... >>> -- Rita (aka FW), 04:51:07 09/21/14 Sun

I can see why they chopped the sequence, and made the wedding day into flashbacks. I guess on TV, half an hour of Jamie and Claire in the bedroom, repeatedly doing their thing would be a bit excessive -- not only by cheapening the scenes, but this way the progression of Claire's feelings was made clearer: the first time, reluctant; the second time, not reluctant; and the third time, verra willing. I thought it was cleverly done.

I really didn't like the Lord of the Ringish finale. Watching those fingers picking the ring, I kept waiting for the "one ring" litany... Nope, didn't work for me.

The pearls didn't look at all as they do in my mind. They may be true to the period style, I don't know, but they seemed jazz-era-like to me.

Loved the dress. Really beautiful and classy. Wish we could have had a better look as the sun came out in the person of James Fraser. Went by too quickly.

And my main gripe: I don't understand how they could cut the "tell the truth" dialogue. Unless they moved it to the next episode. It is absolutely essential to the story, and something that is even remembered in later books. For me, it was the big miss in this episode.

I loved at lot of things.

The contrast between Frank, who married without even telling his parents (who were waiting for them, to meet Claire! classy, Frank!), and Jamie thinking about his mother and wishing she could be there. Guess who'll make the better husband and family man, can you?

Jamie taping his fingers as he was thinking, after his first time... Of course, he was adorably endearing throughout the whole episode :)

Dougal. Dougal. Dougal. And Murtagh, beaming with happiness.

And the wedding planners. My family owns a venue for parties and marriages and such, and I tell you from years of experience: those men are more efficient than most of the people we have to work with. Plus, they're funnier! :)

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> I agree with all that. I think there was too much hype for the wedding and thats why a lot of us are a bit disappointed. I think they did pretty good, I have a feeling the honesty speech has been moved. -- M&M, 08:22:35 09/21/14 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> I think you are probably right, Michelle. I think the speech will show up later. I also think the unflagging joy line will appear in VO later. NO WAY will these folks skip over those lines completely. Still, I wonder if they are going to show up before the break. The secrets/lies bit may come AFTER Jamie rescues her from BJR, so it might be in the second half of the season. -- Shads, 08:47:20 09/21/14 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> Crossing my fingers for the extended versions on the DVDs. Like, 2 hour episodes including all the things we miss would be a good start. -- Rita (aka FW), 09:07:29 09/21/14 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> The thing is we KNOW that Diana says something when they skip a line that the fans love, so thats why I dont get too upset about that stuff because Im sure its going to end up later, since they have already re-shot a scene due to them not using a line. -- M&M, 14:31:08 09/21/14 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> Yes, you may very well be right! [sigh of (hopeful) relief] I read somewhere they didn't intend to include the "you need not be scairt of me" line, and Diana said it was a fan's favorite. Well, if you go and watch the youtube fan videos (guilty!) that scene is in about 90% of them. So there's hope for the "let it be the truth" and also for the "there's the two of us now". I think it's a tribute to the series that we want to have those scenes. If the series was bad, I wouldn't care one bit. The voices in my head -- Claire and Jamie's, I mean, not the OTHER voices ;) -- would be enough. -- Rita, 14:45:24 09/21/14 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Glad to see you still agree with me on Frank too! And yes, I canna wait for extended DVDs. Today one of the Starz channels is showing all 7 episodes in a row. guess what I'm doing? I will be bereft when next week is over and we have that long wait until 2015 for the second half. -- Valerie L., 13:52:01 09/21/14 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> We don't know that Frank and Claire actually went into the courthouse and got married there, keeping his parents ignorant and waiting. They only talked about doing that. It may not have happened that way, afterall. -- Lemora, 14:29:02 09/21/14 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> I think we see them entering the building in another snippet? I'll have to rewatch. Oh, the sacrifices we do for accuracy ;) -- Rita, 15:16:16 09/21/14 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> They do go inside, because I watched Claire's shoes slide on the floor, but we don't see the actual ceremony, so who knows! -- TracyAnn, 16:10:06 09/21/14 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.