VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 05:30:40 09/21/14 Sun
Author: LadyBlair
Subject: I loved the episode, I've had to let go my expectations of it being "just like the book" such a beautiful adaptation. I always cry at weddings and this was no exception. I won't go on and on in detail, I'm sure no one's really interested in my opinion, I have lots of favorite scenes, mainly when Jamie is walking to Claire, it took my breath away. All the emotion captured in a way the book did not, I loved it.
In reply to: Conmama 's message, "Excellent, fantastic, Bravo!" on 18:59:15 09/20/14 Sat

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> I'm interested in your opinion :-) , and I like your point about letting go of expectations. I do think its capturing the right emotions in all sorts of subtle ways - Cait's reflection as she reached for the gold ring on the floor - to me that summed up a lot! -- HollyC, 08:36:03 09/21/14 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> LadyBlair, I'm interested in your opinion too :) I haven't talked about anything Outlandish in such a long time! So many new POVs to consider. While having felt some failings in the episode (compared to my unrealistic expectations, I concede) I totally agree with what you say about the emotions. Caitriona and Sam (especially Sam because he had a more subtle and wide mix of emotions to convey IMO) were OUTSTANDING in what must have been a very difficult episode to film. -- Rita (aka FW), 09:13:21 09/21/14 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I feel the same way about letting go of expectations. I love the book, and I'm loving the show. I'm grateful that they are generally staying true to the essence of the characters and the story, while steering clear of a literal translation. Some deviations have worked well for me, others less so. But overall, EVERYTHING is working well for me and I'm enjoying this immensely. I thought the wedding episode was great. I thought it was a great "relationship building" episode. Up until now, they have LIKED each other, but this was an episode in which they were truly beginning to know one another. I could sense how stilted she was at first, and then how she became lost in the moments, and then how she was rudely brought back to reality at the end by Frank's ring rolling across the floor. Great episode. -- Nifty, 09:28:42 09/21/14 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> One thing I have always loved is that Claire and Jamie talk to each other. Really talk and use each other as sounding boards. I loved how they seemed to start that with the flashbacks and getting to know each other. I was startled with the changes, but I have seen it four (yes 4) times now and it's really helping me to see them change into a couple. I loved the final love scene, such a change in Claire. -- TracyAnn, 10:28:48 09/21/14 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> I'm guessing that nonreaders had an easier time watching this than those of us who not only read the book but could quote passages verbatim. *G* Yep, it's much more enjoyable when you can let the expectations go and just immerse yourself in the story taking place on screen. The visuals really cement a lot of the scenes more firmly in my mind. I thought the awkwardness and slow build were realistic. I like the way the flashbacks served not only as a testament to Jamie's character but also fleshed out many of the secondary characters even more. Really I thought this episode showed a nice evolution of J&C's relationship from beginning to end, plus it deftly contrasted it with her relationship/wedding to Frank. -- LadyJay, 11:47:30 09/21/14 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.