VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
FUND FREE MAMMOGRAMS
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 20:19:14 02/13/10 Sat
Author: Maddog (None of your businesss)
Subject: Blue boerboels, irish mark, white??

I have seen a few of the standards discuss blues and the curious coloration of it in boerboels. However i have never seen hide nor hair of one.I have seen a few blue brindles in person, but their peds are verified for sure. Has anyone seen any "blue" boerboels?
Also, this whole irish mark thing. I have a boerboel that has an irish mark, but he is pet registration only because i guess there is too much white on him. I have heard this look comes from some infusion of st. bernard back in the day, which could also be attributed to the piebald boels. I recently looked at a breeders website and they had one of their dogs on there that looked extremely close to a german short haired pointer, in build and color. If breeding an irish mark boel, would you typically get pups also that have irish mark? Is that a weak or dominant marking?

I have seen "cream" and "white" boerboels, but i already know what i know about that.
Dont get me wrong, gang. I am of the school that believes the importance of color has no bearing when compared to temperament and functionability, but i am really curious about this stuff.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Post Password:
Keep password cookie for 24 hours

Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.