VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time ]
Subject: Please Explain

Author:
TYNE'E
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 20:48:56 10/28/03 Tue

Do I expect to much or have others noticed too?

Way back when the mustering was very young the RAAF didnít really want to know us unless there was some shit work to do. At times I think it was even embarrassed by us.

We were young ill equipped and inexperienced, for a lot of us Vietnam fixed the experience part. One thing I think was that even though we used to fight a lot amongst ourselves we did have some pride in the mustering and in our own little family of ADGIES.

After all these years has anything changed? It is obvious the mustering is now a lot better equipped and organized. I see from Poms web site here the mustering has served in Timor, Afghanistan and Iraq. Iím sure they carried out their duties in a professional manner that would make us old and bold very proud.

My point is does any one outside the mustering give a stuff, every day in the paper we read about the exploits of SAS (nothing changes) but I have yet to see any mention of our blokes even being there. Anyway I think people who care must get my gist now.

All the best you young fellas and well done.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.