VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]
Subject: Re: Historical Societies

Author:
Rayne
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 13:46:42 02/07/07 Wed
In reply to: Bettie Stello 's message, "Re: Historical Societies" on 16:36:07 02/04/07 Sun

We don't have a local historical page for the Historical Society, but our family history data and other information is on our hood's website (so you could use that link if you wish). Our society is fairly small and we're working on collecting all the family histories in the hood for a Historical Celebration. I'm friends with the other member so we don't have many "meetings" either.

I think we're going to have a local historical park/memorial garden. I think the only reason our proposal passed was due to the discontent over disappearing tombstones in the hood after new deals were signed and creating a place where we can honor our ancestors without collecting all the tombstones. I think we may have a vase of flowers for each passed ancestor and a large statue to represent each family-not too sure about the plans yet.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Post Password:
Keep password cookie for 24 hours

Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.