VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 12:08:44 10/18/02 Fri
Author: Russ
Author Host/IP: host217-45-7-250.in-addr.btopenworld.com / 217.45.7.250
Subject: Little Hope

I have got to say that I for one was very disappointed by the England Ladies performance last night. Pinchon's goal was well taken although it came from an error when Fay White had a rush of blood to her head and charged out to close down a midfield player. Pinchon cleverly spun out into space and showed her class with the finish. Where was the full back though? Golden rule number one for defenders, if one of the centrebacks gets drawn out then the full back has to get across.

I was more disappointed by the lack of creativity on show. They seem to pick players who are "battlers", who run around alot but do not actually do anything of note. I felt really sorry for Fara Williams, who looked like the only one who could make things actually happen. We hardly put more than two passes together then it was the big punt up the field to no one in particular.

You cannot tell me that these are the best female players we have to offer - I just don't believe it. There is something going seriously wrong with the coaching at National level. We seem content with two lines of four and two battlers upfront - totally without imagination.

Any thoughts people?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+1
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.