|[ VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9,  ]|
|Subject: uses for current parliaments|
|[ Next Thread |
Previous Thread |
Next Message |
Date Posted: 11:47:56 10/31/04 Sun
In reply to: Ian (Australia) 's message, "It's nicer inside than out, but I do think it's silly to hide a building under a hill" on 16:37:32 10/22/04 Fri
i would have the current NZ national parliament become the NZ state/prov parliament.
The Australian parliament, government buildings and jobs could be turned into a civil service or administrative hub for the FC in the southern hemisphere (Aus and NZ with dependencies etc).
- it could be made a priority to redirect and setup federal agencies departments (for Aus and NZ) and even headquarters in the city.
- There is still the option to move the NSW parliament to Canberra but i seem to remember the building used in Sydney is quite nice.
Previously I said that Westminster should be the federal parliament and perhaps something similar to what i have proposed for Canberra should happen in Ottawa. That is still and option but how about:
The federal parliament being swapped between the Palace of Westminster and Parliament Hill every two terms of gov (so every 9 or 10 years) or perhaps 3 terms.
The length of stay needs to be much longer than the current situation with the EU parliament (about every 6 months?).
- when one building is not being used for parliament it could be used to generate money as a tourist attraction
- important and substantial building work, security features etc could be carried out and installed.
- the two (original) CANZUK countries with highest populations would have democracy closer to home.
- the governemtn would appear less UK-centric
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
|[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Cardiff|
[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: 13:08:15 11/02/04 Tue
IF we gave Canada a time with the capitol we would have to give it to Australia also. Its bets to keep it one place. The most obvious place is London, though perhaps Cardiff, simply because people wont be worried about Englash dominance that way.
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Forum timezone: GMT+0|
VF Version: 2.94, ConfDB:
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.