VoyForums

Sun, November 19 2017, 12:59VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: - Tuesday - 01/13/15 - 11:20am
Author: Lawrence Hall
Subject: Anxious, Eh?
In reply to: Colby 's message, "Looking at a Mariner 31-- Do I go for it?" on - Sunday - 01/ 4/15 - 1:54am

Hello, Anxious Colby.

Appreciate RR's input and counsel re your consternation. A sailboat can be/is an expensive proposition in extrapolated costs...berthing fees, for example, not to mention essential restorations and improvements. It's also a consuming, noble life-passion (Cap "P"). Have and maintain the Passion and come to terms with the definition of "B-O-A-T" being "Bring-Out-Another-Thousand." Get used to it. Long live Passions!

I am steward to my fast-approaching "Bristol" M31 vessel, "Venture." Supporting the passion of Venture (#158), I live and work in Dubai...fly back and forth every few months working on the boat and/or coordinating work by others on same. The passion reached interesting proportions last year...to the extreme that I've taken a sabbatical for a year, live on Venture, sail her pants off, continue with updates and upgrades. Such a personal Passion! "Bring Out Another Thousand!"

The ubiquitous problem of soft decks on Mariners is simply a given. Will soon take an essential step backward (?) and tear 'em up, replace. FYI, I spent a huge amount of "Boat Units" on a full canvas body glove for Venture...keeps her fully protected and the water out when static...and lends to keeping the extensive bright-work bright!

G'luck. Happy to correspond with you. Maintain the passion!

Lawrence Hall

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> get? -- Stephen (curious), - Friday - 10/23/15 - 3:13am

Did you find/ get your money pit?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.