VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:12:43 03/19/03 Wed
Author: Hansi
Subject: Nationals in Atlanta

Hi everyone! I sat down a couple of nights ago and wrote out this long story about what an honor it is to be the United States Ms of America 2003 and National Ambassador 2003. I thought that I had submitted it to the website but guess I messed up. LOL
\n
\nI wanted to say thank you to everyone who supported me and tell what life is like so far! I also wanted people who have not considered pageants before to take a close look at PPP. I would like to share my experiences while in Atlanta.
\n
\nPPP was only the second pageant that I had ever competed in. I have been to others pageants and have judged some, so I have been around them. By far Perfect Production has come in first with me. The people are outstanding!!! Not just the Directors and staff but the contestants also. I have never been so honored to represent such an extraordinary group of women! The fact that I have won still is not sinking in completely. It is like living a fairytale day after day.
\n
\nI started out of Asheville, NC on Thursday afternoon on my way to Atlanta, GA by way of Birmingham, AL. I arrived late in Atlanta on Friday night. I had to attend my grandmother funeral in Birmingham, AL earlier that morning.
\n
\nI had a burning desire to make it to Atlanta and knew that my grandmother would not have wanted me to miss the pageant. However, about an hour and a half out of Atlanta my car suddenly lost power. I had to have it towed and could not get it back till Sunday. Thank goodness my sister had been just ahead of me and came back to pick me up.
\n
\nI figured this would be the end of my problems for the weekend, WRONG! On Saturday, just before the competition, I had the bright idea to try on my gown and make sure that everything was just right with it. The zipper broke and we had to cut it out to get it undone!
\n
\nI was so upset that that I wanted to go home right then. I just felt like I could not take anything else going amiss. Claudette, Angela, Nicole, Melissa, and Mrs. Saluh all told me to stay that everything would be alright. I personally did not see how they could be right. (This truly is not giving you the full picture of everything they were trying to do to make my dress alright!) Mrs. Saluh decided it would be best to SEW me into my dress. She sew the dress part of the way up before the show.
\n
\nWhen the show came we had a fire alarm! Maybe since I am a firefighter it was someone’s way of telling me I needed to be there. Who knows. Thanks to everyone I stuck it out! Walked proudly and nervously onto stage sewn into my gown! Later hearing my name called. I was tied with Claudette for Ms Congeniality, man did I ever feel like had just stepped out of Sandra Bullocks shoes. Then National Ambassador and thinking that it was over and being proud of the titles that I had won, I heard my name again. I truly thought that they were going to say runner up…. But to hear United States Ms of America, what an honor!
\n
\nI write all of this because I want to tell you DO NOT GIVE UP. When things look there worst it is because they are on the verge of being the best!
\n
\nIf you ever have any questions or just want to talk, please do not hesitate to write.
\n
\nHugs,
\nHansi

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.