VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:48:13PM
Author: SgtSlag
Subject: Re: GOOD WAY TO CLEAN CARBS
In reply to: Wayne In Nj 's message, "Re: GOOD WAY TO CLEAN CARBS" on Wed May 07, 2014 11:53:54AM

I hate to beat a dead horse, but... ;-)

SeaFoam is only $6-$9 per 16 oz. can ($6 on sale, $8-$9 otherwise); it will preserve gasoline for up to two years; it absorbs water in fuel; and it dissolves varnish. I've used it for around 8 years, with great results.

The StarTron product is around $12 per bottle, if I remember right. I do not remember what all it does, though. Sorry. What I do remember is that it claims to prevent issues from ethanol fuels. It was a bit of a nebulous claim, but I never did research it beyond reading the label.

Bottom line: if it works for you, stick with it. I would suggest keeping your fuel tank topped off with treated gasoline, though, to prevent air space where condensation can take place, no matter what product you use. I add SeaFoam to my gas cans which I use to refill my snowblower, and my two lawnmowers. It finally occurred to me, last Winter, that if I add SeaFoam to my gas cans, I will never have to remember to treat my small engines prior to storage, and I will never have to worry about the gas in my cans getting stale. They are all 2-3 gallon cans, which I will use to top off my bike in the Autumn, when I store it for the long Winter season, so this way I am always safe using the canned gasoline. Cheers!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.