VoyForums

Friday, November 27, 09:59:04amLogin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 15:44:06 08/23/11 Tue
Author: Esther
Subject: Hey Lady Morilka! It's great to see you! >>>
In reply to: Lady Morilka 's message, "Option 2" on 06:51:31 08/21/11 Sun

I've read some beautiful poems here on the LIT board. I've also greatly admired those that can write poetry, and not just because it is something I have never been capable of. I've stated before that I just don't get poetry, and I now suspect it's because of the way I look at things.

The great thing about your post is that I have a clearer picture of the process now, and while I doubt I'll ever be able to put my thoughts into prose the way you do, at least I have a better understanding of where you are coming from.

You, my dear, have a poet's heart.

I had a few revelations while reading your post. You are so right - it's not the character that's involved in a poem. It's an emotion. And emotion, those true feelings, cannot be engineered or written into being. They just are. Characters and stories can be judged, manipulated and conjured from a blank page, but emotions, the way someone feels, can not be made into being. And that is what makes them precious and real. That is the power of a poem. It's immediate and the why of it isn't as important as the fact that it just is.

Inspiration is all around us, and it is indeed writers that do more than merely observe what is happening around us. We put that inspiration into words. It takes ability to do so, and I must say it's a talent you posssess in abundance.

Thank you for taking the time to share your insights. I appreciate it!

Hugs

Esther

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> [> Glad you got something out of my posting as it was actually quite personal and I was hesitant to post it at all. -- Lady Morilka, 03:08:55 08/25/11 Thu

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.