VoyForums

Friday, December 04, 06:40:46amLogin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 20:57:26 07/02/12 Mon
Author: Larnsturt
Subject: Hello again!

Hey guys! I know it's been forever since I've been here (like...2010? I'm the worst) but I have some good news!

I've really, actually, truly finished my novel! I'm now going through that wonderful stage of letting/making people I trust read it. And going though various publishing houses and looking at agents and what not. It's enough to make the room spin.

Anyways, I'm sure this has been asked before, but I haven't been able to find anything like it in the archives, so I'll ask it again.

Any one here that's published and has words of wisdom? I've been all over Preditors and Editors, Literary Market Place, etc., but does anyone had success with a particular house or agent? Or, miracle upon miracles, know an agent or house looking for new manuscripts?

Trying to avoid standard romance publishers, as my book's in the first person and most romance houses require it to be in the third person. I'm looking mostly at women's lit and the like. It's got sexy times in it, but it's more of a place-under-the-sun kind of novel. I think it may be a hard sell to traditional romance publishers.

I'm sad/relieved this one is done. ON TO THE NEXT ONE! And I do plan on hanging out around here more often. I missed you guys, and I only have myself to blame!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I swear I are good at grammar. Jeeze. -- Larn, 20:58:58 07/02/12 Mon

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> CONGRATS!!! - and fingers crossed for finding a publisher! -- Oatcake, 16:34:57 07/09/12 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> Congrats, Larn. Its good to see you. I haven't been around in forever myself so its nice to come back and "see" you. Wish I had words of wisdom. Good luck!! -- susiej, 14:54:07 07/10/12 Tue

>Hey guys! I know it's been forever since I've been
>here (like...2010? I'm the worst) but I have some
>good news!
>
>I've really, actually, truly finished my novel!
>
I'm now going through that wonderful stage of
>letting/making people I trust read it. And going
>though various publishing houses and looking at agents
>and what not. It's enough to make the room spin.
>
>Anyways, I'm sure this has been asked before, but I
>haven't been able to find anything like it in the
>archives, so I'll ask it again.
>
>Any one here that's published and has words of wisdom?
> I've been all over Preditors and Editors, Literary
>Market Place, etc., but does anyone had success with a
>particular house or agent? Or, miracle upon miracles,
>know an agent or house looking for new manuscripts?
>
>Trying to avoid standard romance publishers, as my
>book's in the first person and most romance houses
>require it to be in the third person. I'm looking
>mostly at women's lit and the like. It's got sexy
>times in it, but it's more of a place-under-the-sun
>kind of novel. I think it may be a hard sell to
>traditional romance publishers.
>
>I'm sad/relieved this one is done. ON TO THE NEXT
>ONE! And I do plan on hanging out around here more
>often. I missed you guys, and I only have myself to
>blame!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Yay! Congratulations! -- JustGina, 17:15:28 07/13/12 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> Hey Larn! Congrats! The only thing I can think of is to go to your public library and get the latest and greatest list of publishing houses and writing markets. Sorry I can't be of more help. And please do stop by more often. We miss you. Hugs! -- Myxtress, 10:54:53 07/16/12 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Hello again! -- Darren, 00:42:14 07/17/12 Tue

Huge congratulations! It is a massive achievement to finish a novel. And you would be surprised how many would-be authors you have put yourself in front of purely by finishing :)

I am represented by Curtis Brown Lit Agency in Australia and, very recently through their referral, by a very respected agent from Westwood Creative Artists in Canada and the States. I don't know if these agencies are looking for new clients, or if they represent your genre, but they are large and therefore tend to have a look at a lot of stuff.

If you haven't already done so, check out an excellent online North American agents' database: www.agentquery.com

Very best of luck!

[ Edit | View ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.