VoyForums

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]78910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 16:13:57 04/19/06 Wed
Author: Masq
Subject: ATPo news

I just got an email from our wonderful benefactress, Liquid Ram. She is no longer going to be able to host ATPo for the wonderful yearly charge of FREE. Every domain she has been hosting will now have to be "outsourced" for $10.00 a month ($120.00 a year), including ATPo.

She said she'd understand if I took my site elsewhere. Well, truth be told, the actual website All Things Philosophical has been mirrored over at geocities for free for like, forever. That includes my episode analyses, metaphysics, etc. It's actually a pretty small set of files that don't take up much room.

What takes up all the room--and is NOT mirrored--are the board archives and the Existential Scoobies site, which is technically another website, although it all falls under the rubric of atpobtvs.com. That would cost $$ to host no matter where I host it, and Liq is a long-time ATPoer. I'm staying.

I don't want these resources to go away because they are the sturdy foundation that holds up the Voy board (free), the LJ community (free) and the home we all have on the web (priceless). $120.00 a year isn't going to break my back, but if people are so inclined, they can help defray the cost by surfing on over to the main ATPo page and scrolling down to the Paypal button there.

http://www.atpobtvs.com/

x-posted to LJ

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.