VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums:

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]89 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 12:39:14 01/29/04 Thu
Author: JT
Subject: I give up

This season couldn't be any worse.Ive never seen a team give up so many wide open 3's, playing like that they deserve to lose.I can't wait for Blackwood to get here so I never have to see lenny or t-ron play D again.I give a pass to Chiera cause he's playing great with the injury. And Howie please recruit some big men who can play next year cause without Robinson it appears to be all down hill from here.And Obie please stop dribbling cause thats not your game.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: I give up -- ScottS, 15:29:27 01/29/04 Thu

I feel your pain. I never thought the program would regress to this point, especially after the 01-02 season. But that's what happens when quality players (Battles, Scott, Popofski, Clarke, Morin) leave the program early. I feel like we're back in the Mark Adams era just praying for victories.

Lenny did a pretty good job on Monroe last night. TRon's been a mess so far, but I'd like to hope he'll be a much different player next season.

The team desperately needs some more big bodies. Pittman's going to be asked to do way too much next season with no Robinson.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: I give up -- Moose, 16:09:22 01/29/04 Thu

I know how you feel. When SHU took scholarships away, I didn't think we could keep up in D-2. When They made the announcement to go D-1, I thought it was going to take a long time to get things right again. It has taken 6 years, but, We are getting better. Next year maybe different. Do you have any big bodies in the fold for next year?

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Let's not overreact -- J.J., 17:51:02 01/29/04 Thu

I agree this season is a huge disappointment so far and I can't figure out why. But letís remember there have been some bright spots (UMass, Niagara, Providence) and there are about a dozen more games to go. This team is very young and sometimes lessons are learned the hard way. Many of these young guys will be that much better next year.

Also, I agree that we need another big man in the pipeline. I think in a mid-major conference like the NEC a big body like an Edwards or a Robinson is a huge advantage. But itís just very hard to recruit that kind of size (with any talent) to the NEC. I think it would have been nice to grab that big kid from Bristol who signed with UMass, because I really doubt he is a legit A-10 talent, but he would of fit nice here. Maybe they coaching staff can find a hidden gem or a JUCO player in the spring signing period.

Speaking of UMass, lets not forget they are less than 10 years away from a Final Four appearance and now they are a doormat of the A-10 who we have beaten two years in a row! CCSU has established a solid mid-major program. We are about 10 years removed from one of the worst programs in all of DI. So lets not say things are even close to approaching the embarrassment of the pre-Dickenman DI era! Yes, I can clearly remember attending Central and opening up the USA Today's Sargin rankings and reading CCSU was dead last at 316.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Re: Let's not overreact -- LarryL9797, 18:36:25 01/29/04 Thu

I completely agree!!!!! CCSU needs a new BIG MAN... And CCSU Will be a better team because of last night!

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> Re: Let's not overreact -- JT, 23:09:04 01/29/04 Thu

This team really isn't that young, their starting five with Lenny,Chiera,pittman,robinson and obie being the only freshman.It shouldnt be a excuse.But I agree Demario and Obie are good young players, Demario appearing to have the most upside. I hope chiera can stay healthy cause demario seems to play better and give a spark when he comes off the bench. Anybody know whats up with Mcmillion, if he cant get minutes under these circumstances, can he ever?

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> Re: Let's not overreact -- inside, 10:07:43 01/30/04 Fri

not young? There are two upperclassmen on this roster...that starting five you mentioned has one freshman, two sophomores, one junior and one senior and that is not young? how about when the three guys coming off the bench in that game are freshmen...that's a young team. But like you said it is not an excuse, these guys now have a lot of college minutes under their belts and they will be better players because of it. But they are still a young team...

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.