[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Thu, Jul 18 2024, 4:53:49Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9]10 ]
Subject: Jimbaran Hills Club : What can I do

CH Chan
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Wed, Jul 13 2005, 0:58:39

Dear All,

I bought a membership of Jimbaran Hill Club in Bali through a company, "Sail and Soar" in Hong Kong. I am cheated and I find it hard to use the service.

Every year, I need to pay the maintenence fee, and in order to use RCI serivce, I need to pay for membership fee. I really want to sell it. I know many are cheated by the resale company.

I don't know how to do....I want to stop paying for this again and again. Please share advice with me. In Hong Kong, less people are involved in this timeshare issue than in Singapore, but can anyone help me?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[> Subject: Re: Jimbaran Hills Club : What can I do

[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Fri, Jul 15 2005, 23:30:30

Hi CH Chan

In Singapore once you stop paying RCI, you cannot use their exchange services, I don't know whether the same thing applies in Hong Kong and I don't know whether you bought this timeshare with a Singapore registered company or Hong Kong registered company.

I don't know Hong Kong law, perhaps you want to find out for yourself to know how you can work around your situation .... in Singapore an individual will be declared bankrupt for total amounts owing to one or more party $10k and above. If below $10k with no interest bearing elements tagged with the signed contracts, then it's up to you whether u want to ignore them, hire a lawyer or join the rest of the victims here to hire a lawyer.

Weigh it... the timeshare companies will not want to issue a lawyer letter which will cost them couple of hundreds per person to chase your yearly maintenance of couple of hundreds? Think they'd rather spend couple of hundreds to chase 4 or 5 figure amounts.

Please take time to read all the messages posted here and you will definitely have a clearer picture on what to do for yourself because only u know your situation best.

Open your inner eyes

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.