VoyForums

[ The Zak McKracken Archive]
The Zak McKracken Forum
VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Thursday, Nov 09
Author: Chris
Subject: Re: Proposals to revive Zak McKracken?
In reply to: Claudio 's message, "Proposals to revive Zak McKracken?" on Thursday, Nov 09

>has anyone got any idea with regard to a business
>plan to start work on a new commercial sequel to Zak
>McKracken? How many good programmers are out there and
>how much are they willing to be paid to produce
>something like that in 1-2 years? I understand there
>will have to be copyright rights to deal with
>especially LucasArt's but that shouldn't be a problem
>given the fact we're talking of something that is
>almost abandon-ware?

I think the copyright issue is the most important. There is a lot of love for the old Lucasarts classics, but people won't put in serious time and effort while copyright is a problem. I often visit the "underground" section of Adventuregamers.com, where fan games are made, and some of the fans are very talented - e.g. the recent Sierra remakes are excellent. If the copyright problem was resolved, then I think it would not be hard to find fans who would commit to a serious game. But they would want to promote it, and nobody wants to make a game and then be told they have to shut it down for legal reasons. I think the copyright issue is the key. There are probably two ways to solve this: either present Lucasarts with a lot of money, or become friends with insiders at Lucasarts and develop a relationship of trust. So we need wither someone with deep pockets or someone with determination and people skills!

I wonder what the effect will be when the first of the two big fan sequel is released. It should increase awareness, but I don't think it would do anything to make Lucasarts more open to releasing the intellectual property. it could go either way.

- Chris

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.