VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time ]
Subject: Zachary Thaks @ Beerland - Austin TX - Sat., 8/13/05

Author:
Dede Thompson Saenz
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 19:42:04 07/17/05 Sun

Hello.

I'm not sure how many of you will remember me, but I know and remember quite a few of you. I lived in CC from 1952-1969, and went to Carroll High School, (lived on Tripoli), and moved to Austin in 1969 my Senior Year (graduated from Reagan HS in 1970), and have been here ever since.

Beth, I ran into you last year with my Daughter @ CPL. It was really good to see you.

I was looking @ the MC High School Reunion page today, (http://www.marycarrollhighschool.com/) and it now has a link to the ZT's website. That's where I saw they are playing in Austin next month. I would love to go see them, so hopefully we'll make it. (I found the Sherwood Forest Gang link from the Thaks' website.)

I'm married to Phil Saenz (graduated from Carroll). We have 2 kids, Nicholas, just graduated from UT & Angela, 11th Grade. I'm a Secretary @ the Texas Workforce Commission (formerly Texas Employment Commission), and have worked there for 34 1/2 years.

We used to go to the Carousel, Elks & Rogues Clubs, etc. in CC. In Austin, we would go to the Armadillo (peace to Ken Featherston), Mother Earth, Vulcan Gas Company...

When I was @ Carroll, I was good friends w/Suzanne McMullen, so some of you might remember her too. Phil was good friends w/David Rockwell, Don Smith, etc. We were in CC in April, and I talked to David who's made a Christian CD, He plays music @ his church, Yorktown Baptist w/Richard Painter, I believe, and at another Church on the West Side.

Some of you might also remember Jeff Burke, Mike Gershmann (plays drums on David's CD), who live in Austin, and Chip Dill, who I understand lives in Wimberley.

It is so wonderful to read all the messages posted, and see how everyone is doing. Times have changed, but my 60's days in CC, will always have a special place in my heart.

Take care.

Shalom,
Dede

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.