VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time ]
Subject: An open letter from a friend of Allen's

Author:
John Kenney
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 19:48:34 10/12/06 Thu

Good to hear from you John... you asked me to write about Allen so I will try to do so even though it is still so very painful.

Allen had no idea that he had so many friends that cared so deeply for him. He was one of a kind. A remarkable musician and caring man who endeared himself to everyone who knew him. I have known Allen for around 10 years as he was married to Linda Simpson who is my daughters mother in law. My grandchildren thought the world of him and so did my daughter and her husband.

As fate would have it, we ended up working together for the last 11/2 years managing an apartment complex of 153 units. He was my assistant. I remember him teasing my grounds guy unmercifully but he loved him anyway. He tried his best to be an honery cuss. Smiles

I had the honor only once to share in a jam session with Allen and our boss Maddy. Because of that jam session, the three of us became fast friends... kinda like the three musketeers. We spent hours giggling together, sharing our hopes and dreams, and loving every minute. I think we all looked forward to the times we shared together. The jam session was awesome... wow.... what a gifted musician he was. He would play his guitar and fill in while i played the keyboard.. I was so mesmerized by his playing that I would stop and just listen... Allen would say..." Keep playing you silly goose" He was quite the entertainer. Then he would wink or do something goofy to make us laugh. As you might know.... We loved him with every fiber of our being. It was a special time in my life to have shared with Allen the daily giggles and tribulations of running the complex and the th ree of us were so close. To know Allen was to love him...

Unfortunately, we never got to have another jam session and I regret that. It was an awesome nite like no other i have known.

If you knew Allen, then you know what kind of person he was.... very caring and thoughtful. He was always worrying about me and tried to give support when needed. He loved to share his material things with the people he cared for... that gave him much Joy. Reminds me of that song called Joy. He sent that to me to listen to. His favorite part of that song. "good, bad, good bad good bad"

My days are spent in constant reminder of the loss of a dear friend. He touched a lot of peoples lives and will be severely missed.

Patty Flores

Hi John... I cried thru most of writing this but i wanted to share the Joy he gave the people who loved him and was honored to be his friend.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.