VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time ]
Subject: Rod's whereabouts & Ratpack Website, etc

Author:
Babs
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 15:10:53 11/23/04 Tue

FYI, in response to some recent chatter on this bulletin board. I've received e-mail from Rod (once) but he has elected NOT to write often nor provide his whereabouts, etc. He says he has computer problems. I think he's probably in Dublin, Texas (rumored from a reliable source). Meanwhile, I want to say how WOW'd I am about how this bulletin board has TAKEN OFF!!!! I plan to send photos to Joe Whitenton (on a CD) and a then/now picture for the website that he is building just for "us." Most of y'all have seen my collection of pics, so I hope that most everyone else will contribute something, too. Please add the new website to your "favorites" list:
http://www.asqhouston.org/reunion.htm
As for Nancy's question about what type of music I listen to now -- well it's country & western, mostly, including Shania Twain and Toby Keith. Debby Sander is probably gagging right now, although she keeps company with wonderful C&W musicians like Robert Earl Keene. I'll let her tell y'all, HERSELF, who else she rubs elbows with in her Nashville crowd! I still love the golden oldies, but only when I'm "in the mood." And, I MUST share with y'all that I am privileged enough to possess a CD from our own John Kenney and it is WONDERFUL. He is way too humble -- go ahead and write him for a copy. B-T-W, a few of his songs are on one of the DVDs that I put together. John says that he and Valorie are planning on relocating to Corpus in February (from California)! Yea! Pete & Pam have started something with their move, it seems. In answer to Allen's general question about careers over the years -- my experience has been mostly administrative (banking/ engineering/ customer service/ secretarial/ personnel). I left the corporate world in 1993 (glass ceiling) to work for the Arlington Fire Department for 10 years (the longest time at any one job). It was my favorite job -- like having an extended family while working with (and serving) real-life heros. As a single mom from 1985 to 2000, I often worked two jobs but found time for my son and for volunteer stuff. I'm too old for all that, now, though I've gained some invaluable computer and "people" skills! No -- I don't go-go dance (in public) anymore, but am still very active with a little golf and a lot of water sports since Tom and I are fortunate to live on a beautiful lake.
That's all folks!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.