VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 17:29:58 10/08/10 Fri
Author: Eros
Subject: Update
In reply to: Ileana 's message, "Congrats on your New Friesian" on 11:49:17 09/23/10 Thu

I thought I'd wait a while before updating a little on my new partner and first Frieisan. She is great and a pistol. Character galore and SUPER people friendly. She is learning at a nice pace and groundwork is going well. I noticed she's got a bit of dry skin, and my trainer suggested head and shoulders shampoo...any one wish to chime in on that? Also she's been rubbing the hell out of her tail and I will get some MTG tomorrow, and get started on that. She has always been by herself prior to me purchasing her, and has never been in a herd ...her only interaction was with humans, which is why she's so people friendly, I suppose. But it took her about 2 weeks and she is fully integrated into the herd and made friends with all 6 horses. She looks funny amongst the others, because she is black and stocky amongst 2 Paints and 3 Saddlebreds, and 1 QH mix...she sticks out, that's for sure. She is very docile, and easy going and gets frustrated if she makes a mistake...too funny ! We are bonding nicely, and every day is a new adventure with her. She is not under saddle yet, but we have to work on groundwork first..as you all know :) I am looking for any and all advice you can hand out concerning taking her to her Keuring for Studbook next year. She will be 4 in April, and that gives us plenty of time preparing for it, but I have no idea what to expect and where to start...so any advice is greatly appreciated. I will update again soon, and in the meantime, if you'd like to check her out, she even has her own Facebook web page:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=100001554204315&v=wall

Thanks in advance for all your advice :)

>Well congratulations you’ll love the breed. Let us
>know how you and your new Friesian are coming along.
>
>
>
>>Hi everybody....I thought I'd say hello and jump in on
>>this topic, bc I too am a new and 1st time Friesian
>>owner. She is 3 Years "old" and ready to learn. She
>>will come to her new home in 2 weeks, and I can't
>>wait. She is not my first horse, just my first
>>Friesian...I always dreamed of owning one and now this
>>dream has come true, and I am overjoyed.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.