VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:09:12 05/25/11 Wed
Author: Ileana
Subject: YES IBOP IS GOOD FOR STALLIONS
In reply to: Amerins 's message, "IBOP" on 13:47:20 09/26/10 Sun

I am sending my 4 year old stallion through the keuring this year and doing the IBOP test. I understand why mare owners would opt for an IBOP test but heard conflicting views on the benefit of IBOP for foal book stallions. Finally, I asked FHANA to offer insight on this topic. I would like to share their reply: "Much good can come from putting your stallion through the IBOP. The judges can use this criterion to help make the always difficult decision of inviting him to the 70 day testing. If they like what they see in the evaluation, and then they also see him move in the IBOP this could help make the decision. It could also help if the stallion was short on the ster status to push him over the edge and the judges could grant ster status based on the IBOP score. It is also good to display the suitability of the horse with the IBOP.

This year we are also kicking off an IBOP Cup this is being done for both ridden and driving. We are calling it the Iron Spring Farm ridden IBOP cup and the Dream Gait Friesians Driving IBOP Cup. The highest score at each site will receive an official cooler, and the overall winner will receive $500 with the reserve champion receiving $250 nationally.

I would please consider signing your stallion up for the IBOP."

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.