VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 06:32:36 01/11/12 Wed
Author: Megan
Subject: Have a skin biopsy done
In reply to: Reid 's message, "Is this scratches?? help!" on 17:36:29 12/15/11 Thu

Hello!

I'm sorry I didn't see your post until just today. The best thing I can suggest is having a skin biopsy done by your vet. It is on the pricey side (a few hundred dollars) but it's worth it to know what your horse hasand what can be done to treat it. I had a similar instance with my friesian. For almost two years he was misdiagnosed with having scratches. When I finally got the skin biopsy done because NOTHING was helping, it turns out that he had mites!! It mimicked scratches so closely that even out Vet could not visually tell the difference. So after his biopsy came back positive for mites, our Vet prescribed Frontline spray and that was the end of his mites. We still treat him every winter because the mites seem to come back in the winter. They thrive in the cold weather. I hope this helps your case. Get the biopsy done, and then you'll know for sure. :)

Megan

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.