VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]

Mrs & Ms Pageant Chat Board

Subject: Do directors and judges do research on contestants anymore? There seems to be an awful lot of contestants, high placers, and winners who shouldn't be there according to all the publicly posted rules and regulations of pageants. False bios, non-existent service that's created and rewarded, questionable photos and history that is overlooked, and paid-for titles when patronizing the right people. Is this where pageantry is headed now?

Author:
And before someone says "sour grapes" that I see a lot, I'm not a competitor yet, but doing my homework and wondering if it's worth it
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08/30/15 11:57:42am

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Galaxy Pageants 2015

Author:
PCB Mod
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08/ 1/15 12:37:23am

Crowning 2016 Galaxy Queens
Teen Miss, Miss, Ms. & Mrs. Galaxy 2016

The Galaxy International Pageants will be held from August 5-8, 2015 in Orlando Florida at the Caribe Royale Resort.

For more information visit: http://www.galaxypageants.com

Mrs. Galaxy 2015, Amanda Pennekamp Bluestein

Ms. Galaxy 2015, Sydney Lipsey

Miss Galaxy 2015, Sylvia Leszanczuk

Miss Teen Galaxy, Kelsey Medina

Replies:
Subject: Mrs. Universe 2015 Is CROWNED

Author:
PCB Mod
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08/30/15 10:44:33am

Mrs. Universe 2015 has been crowned.

Results:
Mrs. Universe 2015 - Mrs Canada - Ashley Burnham
1st Runner up - Mrs South Africa - Sarah-Kate Scott
2nd Runner up - Mrs Ukraine - Iryna Zaitseva
3rd Runner up - Mrs Costa Rica - Karol Uzaga Valerin
4th Runner up - Mrs Gibraltar - Serika Garcia

Mrs. Universe 2015 & royal court

Mrs. Universe 2015, Mrs Canada - Ashley Burnham

Replies:
Subject: Crowning Ms. America 2015

Author:
PCB Mod
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08/19/15 10:46:20pm

It's time for the crowning of Ms. America 2015. Join Dr. Stephanie Mills, Ms. America 2014 on August 29th as she crowns her successor. Which one of these 38 beautiful ladies will capture her crown?

MS. AMERICA PAGEANT
August 29, 2015
7:30 pm PST - - 9:30 pm CST - 10:30 pm EST

1 Civic Center Circle
Brea, California 92821

6:30 - RED CARPET
7:00 - Doors Open
7:30 - Pageant Begins

The Ms. America Pageant will be Streamed Live (FREE) on AlertTheGlobe - www.AlertTheGlobe.com.

Replies:
Subject: Is it just me but does the winners in the Big 3 for their states seem to go from one to the other and usually win?? It seems like a circle the the outsider can never win.

Author:
curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08/29/15 8:53:20am

Subject: And the Winner is?

Author:
PCB Mod
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07/25/15 11:19:39pm

Mrs. International 2015, Farabe Algor of Texas joins the Mrs. International Family of Queens.

Congratulations. Have a wonderful reign.

Replies:
Subject: MOD....are you able to post photos of the Ms America contestants since the pageant is coming up August 29th and is being livestreamed for free? Many are not aware of this.

Author:
Would love to see the contestants
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08/19/15 8:20:13pm

Replies:
Subject: What are you worried about the most

Author:
Katherin Jennings-Vermeille
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08/13/15 1:37:29pm

A few of my friends felt that I should start my own Pageant coaching classes. I stated helping girls in pageants in 2013 but never took it to a business level.I was modeling for awhile, then got into pageants. It was easy to teach others but I could never win for my self. Now that I finally won a crown for my self Ms. Caribbean Gemz 2015. I think I am ready to start teaching as a profession but I am not to sure where to start.

I remember the hardest part for me during the pageant was speaking but I am not to sure if that's the main thing I should focus on.

What's Your thoughts?

Replies:
Subject: Wasn't US Continental this past weekend? any one go? thoughts? who won

Author:
considering it would love comments
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08/13/15 11:50:34am

Replies:
Subject: From FB Posts

Author:
Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08/ 3/15 10:19:02am

Good morning! We have returned from Jacksonville and unfortunately find it necessary to address the malicious rumors being spread about our new Mrs. International.
After seeking legal counsel we have found that the inappropriate photos associated with her name are not her.
As many of you know, identity theft is very real and can affect more than just credit cards, as in this case.
As an organization we have demonstrated in the past how serious we take nudity and have taken a title for nude photos.
Our new Mrs. International is a woman of strong faith and good character, a mother and a wife. She does not deserve the hateful rumors being spread about her.

Replies:
Subject: I want to post about my last pageant I competed in.

Author:
Don't waste your money.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08/ 8/15 12:36:48pm

I have competed at state level pageants before so I was really excited to go to a "national" pageant. I picked US Universal because the director was awesome about getting back with me and answering all of my questions.

I will say that the director is great about returning your calls, emails or facebook messages. Even after she has your money.

A few things I think she might want to change are the following:

We had orientation Monday morning, so most arrived on Sunday. Our rooms for Sunday and Monday were not paid for. We had to check out of our rooms on Thursday (pageant day) and into a new room with our family or whatever. That day was covered, but we couldn't stay in the room that was paid for. The hotel was a nice hotel, the rooms the contestants stayed in were small and in the older part of the hotel. But some of the contestants stayed with family in the main part of the hotel and said their rooms were big and nice.

Our orientation consisted of a tour around the hotel, which was nice because the hotel was so big it was like running a maze to find the different rooms and places where we needed to be. After that we did a group photo shoot in one of the lobbies outside the ball rooms. We also had individual pictures taken as well. That was nice.

This was from 10-3:30 during this time we did not get to eat at all. After orientation and the photo shoot we had some time to get ready before we went to Jurassic World.

The theater we went to was one of a kind. We got to see the movie in 3D, (so if you get motion sickness it wasn't great) But the chairs reclined and were very comfortable so if you needed a nap and if you can sleep during movies, it wasn't bad. After the movie it was back to the hotel for bed. Oh and if we wanted popcorn or drinks, we had to buy it ourselves.

Tuesday was a long day. Some of us were up at 4am or earlier to get ready. We had to be at the pool by 6:30 am for another photo shoot. After our swimsuit photo shoot we then changed into evening gown and went out front of the hotel and had our evening gown photo shoot. By the time both photo shoots were over it was around 9:30 am. We then had to be at rehearsal by 9:45 am, we were told it we were late they would deduct points off our scores, so we dare not be late. meanwhile some of us still had not eaten anything and were extremely hungry. Rehearsal ended around 2-2:30, we had to be at the directors penthouse suite by 3 pm for our forum (platform presentations). This is where each lady was allowed 3-5 min. to share about her platform. I had time to change and rush to get up to the suite. So by now I was so hungry I felt light headed. But we were told there would be a snack tray provided. So I felt okay not grabbing something before I rushed over there.

The forum started, and even though it said 3-5 min, some ladies took 15-20 min. It was really long. The snack tray was carrots and some cupcakes that one of the contestants brought. Not exactly what I was thinking for "snack tray" but I ate it. After our forum which ran late, we didn't get out of there until 6, we were free to go do whatever. Remind you, some of us had been up since 4 am. and had only carrots and a cupcake all day to eat.

Wednesday was interviews. There were local salons that "sponsored" our hair and makeup. But it was suggested to tip them anywhere between $50-$75. After I had my hair and makeup done I was in tears. I had about 15 min. to get changes and try to fix my hair and makeup before my interview. After your interview you were free until 3 pm. We then had rehearsals from 3-9:30 pm. Again no dinner was served.

Thursday was pageant day, we started off with rehearsals at 9 am. We had a 45 min break to move all our stuff out of the room we had been staying in, to our new rooms. then we had to go back for roll call and the cocktail party where we had to try to sell tickets to the pageant. Finally by 6:30 we had to be back stage getting ready for the pageant at 7 pm. Again we were served no food all day.

By the time the pageant was over I think we were all so tired and hungry no one wanted to stick around for pictures. Oh and for the amount you pay to enter this pageant we received a sash (if you wanted rhinestones it cost extra) and a crown. Then at the pageant we were given a smaller competition sash with a sash pin that broke because it was so cheap. And our hotel rooms were paid for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, but we couldn't stay in our rooms Thursday night.

I was so disappointed in the amount of money I paid and what I received in return. It was not worth the money. I forgot to say that if we wanted a printed version of the program book we had to buy it, but it was free from us online.

Replies:
Subject: Songs that women like to be crowned with

Author:
Director
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08/10/15 3:27:30pm

Hello, I a Choreographer for pageant and would like to know what songs do you like to hear when the winner has been announced and they start to play a song for her crowning and waving to the crowd?
Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars
Roar by Katie Perry?

Any song suggestions for the announcement of Runner-ups?
Or suggestion of where to find pageant music?

Replies:
Subject: National Ms. Pageants 2015 August 6th ~ 8th

Author:
PCB Mod
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08/ 1/15 9:13:40pm

National Miss/Ms/Mrs/Teen 2015 will be held from August 6th to August 8th. Pageant finals are on August 8th at The Kimball Theatre in beautiful Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia.

Join Carrington Baily, National Miss Teen - Brittney Clark, National Miss - Jeannette Josue, National Ms. - Kimberly Foerster, National Mrs & Taylor Loven, National Ms. Ambassador as they crown their successors.

National Ms. 2014 Royalty

2015 Delegates:

Breakdown:
Miss Jr. Teen - 1
Miss Teen - 1
Miss - 3
Ms. - 3
Mrs - 8

For more information visit: http://www.nationalmspageants.com

Replies:
Subject: Mrs. International 2015 - Who will she be?

Author:
PCB Mod
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07/19/15 12:40:02am

The 2015 Mrs. International® Pageant - July 25 & 26, 2015 at the Times-Union Center for the Performing Arts in Jacksonville FL. Show begins at 7:30 each night.

Join Maggie along with 67 beautiful women all vying for her crown. Which one of these lovely ladies will it be?

Maggie Throne, Mrs. International 2014

2015 Mrs. International Delegates:

Replies:
Subject: Seeing photos on FB for Ms. and Mrs. US Continental Nationals going on this weekend! Are the numbers usually that low? I think I only see about 6 or 8 competitors if that! Is this not a good system? Looking for an Mrs. pageant in Fla. to compete in with no drama, no favorites and no dishonest directors! If there is such a thing..

Author:
curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08/ 8/15 2:23:35pm

Replies:
Subject: Janice McQueen Ward Resigns

Author:
Taken from the Mrs. US Facebook Page
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08/ 5/15 10:16:04pm

Hi everyone - after 16 years of dedication to Mrs. United States Pageant, I am resigning as a Director. I love Isabella Ilacqua, her family and pageant systems. However, I have decided to evolve and return to my true love - Pageant Coaching! I am stepping down as the Director of Mrs. California and Ms. Woman United States. It was a hard decision, but with a demanding job, and a need to spend more time with family and career, this was the right choice for me. I love you all and I am here for you as friend, sister queen, and you are part of my family....always! I made recommendations to Isabella and I know she will choose a great successor. I am here to always support and love you!

Subject: Mrs. US Pageant Talk Voy Forum is back up and running

Author:
Board Moderator
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08/ 5/15 9:57:16pm

You can visit the Mrs. US Pageant Talk Voy Forum for all Untied States information.

Board has been updated, but is moderated.

http://www.voy.com/234184/

Subject: The New Mrs. United States Pageant Formats

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06/18/15 2:45:21pm

Prelims:Mac Duggal Fashion Show, Swimsuit Competition Costume (NO GOWN)

Finals: Opening number (silver dresses), Evening Gown Competition (ALL Delegates), Announce Top 15(All Previous Scores Now Discarded), Re-compete Swimsuit (Top 15), Change back into Gown, Announce Top 5, On stage Question (Top 5 Only), Crowning

Looks Like only the Swimsuit score and on stage question will count at the final for the crowning,

These are drastic changes to an established system with history, tradition, and a solid reputation for fairness.
It looks like a search for a Miss type swimsuit model
(this format is similar to the Miss United States format)
Not a coincidence since Cris Wilmer and Tony Ilacqua are running the show now. I don't know how state directors will be able to attract contestants now. Too all those who wanted a change from Isabella - your wish has been granted!

Your Thoughts Please!!!

Replies:
Subject: Doing more for your crown...

Author:
Bee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08/ 4/15 8:30:50am

I see so many comments on here complaining about someone not doing more with a crown that they won. Is there an official organization like the NCAA that monitors that kind of thing? Can we write tickets for those women who fail to meet our standards? Is there a Supreme Court to decide if showing up at the Local Tiny Miss Recycling Day in full regalia counts as an appearance or does it have to be digging ditches and picking up trash at the side of the road and you can just wear a short cocktail dress and banner for that one?

I am being fascitious, of course, but truly- why do you care? The director is the only one who can say whether her title holder is living up to the expectations of the crown. If he/she has no issues, then why would we?

If you do LOTS and LOTS of things with your crown then YAY! I wouldn't necessarily call showing up unasked in your crown and banner at a tourist spot on vacation as an appearance. But then if their director does then that's all that matters.

How about we cheer on our sisters in competition and cheer them during their year. If they didn't do exactly what you would have done with the crown remember that they won (hopefully, fair and square) and it's their year and their life. If you get a chance to win it next year- ROCK THAT THING!!!

Because we never know what is going on in a person's life- esp Mrs who balance family, sick/aging parents, school, Mom life, and work we should just let people live and let live.

Subject: Looking for pageant

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06/30/15 8:41:00pm

For inexperienced ms contestant. East coast location of Georgia, sc, nc, or Virginia. Interview heavy. No swim. Suggestions?

Replies:
Subject: Florida Mrs Pageants!! Are there any pageants in Fla. that are fair ? I have noticed the Big 3 in Fla. seems to be a click of the directors favorites who you see those certain ladies with them at parties ect. throughout the year and those ladies seem to be the ones in the top at competition time!!! Done with the pageant click group would like a legit Mrs pageant!! Any suggestions??

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07/21/15 10:11:47am

Replies:
Subject: http://image-zone-cute.blogspot.com/2012/04/farabe-cottingham-photos.html?m=1 This was taken in 2012. She is fully nude below the waist and you can see it all. Stop minimizing this saying she just posed for swimsuit photos. This is a clear Playboy wannabe shoot. If that's what you want to do l, live your life! But please don't expect to get my respect as a national titleholder in what was the top of the top. She shouldn't step down but Mary should do something.

Author:
CLICK IN. Mrs. Intl PHOTO
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07/29/15 2:53:20pm

Replies:
Subject: What happened to the Ms. Woman United States Page??

Author:
??Its gone.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07/31/15 3:40:25pm

Can anyone tell what happened? Its down.

Subject: American Beauty 2015 - June 22-26 ~ Orlando Florida

Author:
PCB Mod
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06/27/15 9:41:45am

Final Event, Orlando, Florida June 22-26, 2015

Tiny Miss American Beauty, Little Miss American Beauty and Miss Pre-Teen American Beauty will be crowned on Wednesday June 24, 2015 at 11:00 AM

Jr. Miss, Miss Teen and Miss American Beauty will be crowned on Wednesday June 24, 2015 at 3:00 PM

Ms., Mrs. and Elite American Beauty will be crowned on Wednesday June 24, 2015 at 7:00 PM

Tickets will be available for sale 30 minutes prior to the show.

Who will capture the crowns?

Leilani Tayaba, Ms AB 2014

Michaela Poole, Mrs AB 2014

Lauren Monahan, Elite AB 2014

Replies:
Subject: American beauty vs mrs america

Author:
Help me!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07/21/15 12:18:59am

I've heard people talk about American Beauty becoming a more established pageant, and an excellent option as a smaller pageant. However, I am debating between mrs america or mrs american beauty. I would not call myself experienced but I've done 4 Miss level pageants. Two of them were local fair pageants and I won both of those. My first pgeant was a miss usa prelim and I did not place, but my interview score was 5 points shy of perfect. I most recently competed in a state level miss United states pageant and I did not place but won interview. I am newly married, and I will be having my first child in late November. So my prep time is limited. My walk needs work, I know that. The state level for American beauty is in Feb 2016, and the state level for mrs America is June 2016.

My questions are 1) given the time frame that I have, which pageant is more worth it for me? 2) american beauty does have a fitness wear option, is this pgeant going to be more "winnable" for me?
Pros and cons to both? Opinions?
Also, AB is $300 fees and $100 ad page
So far America is $750 fees

Replies:
Subject: Mrs. International Question: How many of the top ladies (16 or 10) are returnees?

Author:
Does a repeat performance with improvements = success in that organization?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07/26/15 11:33:36am

Replies:
Subject: Crowning Mrs. United States 2015.

Author:
PCB Mod
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07/ 6/15 10:33:00pm

2015 MRS. UNITED STATES NATIONAL PAGEANT

July 19-22, 2015
South Point Hotel & Casino
Las Vegas, Nevada

Elizabeth (Beth) Isbell, Mrs. United States 2014

Replies:
Subject: Texas wins Mrs International! 1st - Midwest, 2nd - Colorado 3rd- Ohio, 4th- Florida

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07/25/15 10:21:33pm

Replies:
Subject: Top 16

Author:
2015 pageant
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07/25/15 8:45:48pm

Atlantic States Christine Blake Australia Piper ONeil CA Melissa Vanni Canada Jennie Mercanti
CO Kimberly Dufrane East Coast Deanna Linz FL Tiffany Ubele GA Trinity Pearson
HI Tiara Lando Midwest Heidi Scheer NE Shannon Norman OH Brittany Humble
OR Shakelah Morgan Russia Anna Oris TX Farabe Algor UT Rebecca Hanson Peoples Choice

Replies:
Subject: Crowning Ms. Woman United States 2015 - Who will she be?

Author:
PCB Mod
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07/20/15 11:01:48pm

Watch as Jayne Wood, Ms. Woman United States 2014 crowns her successor at the Orleans Resort and Casino. Orleans Showroom, Las Vegas Nevada this Friday, July 24th at 7:00 pm.

Tickets are $25/$35 and available by calling-702-365-7070
If you cannot attend, the event will be streamed live for a fee of $12.95. Get your virtual ticket by visiting: http://iehdproductions.cleeng.com/ms-woman-united-states-2015/E186547615_US?id=1436922458.

Jayne Wood, Ms. Woman United States 2014

Class of 2015 Ms. Woman US Delegates:

Row 1
Arizona - Traci Phillips
California -Shelly Munoz
Colorado - Tedi Haid
District of Colombia - Jennifer Welborn
Florida - Brenda Piccirillo

Row 2
Georgia - Dedra Curtis
Hawaii - Sabrina Iha
Illinois - Laura Buhmann
Michigan - Midori Watassek
Minnesota - Dr. Sonja Fisher

Row 3
Nevada - Cassandra Jones
New Mexico - Annittra Atler
New York - ​Gelsah Salazar
North Carolina - Kimberly King
South West - Jennifer Drews

Row 4
Texas - Regina Bailey
Virginia - Stormy Knowles
West Coast - Kathleen Ray
Western States - Kathy Lauer

For more information visit: http://www.mswomanunitedstates.com/

Replies:
Subject: 3 years in a row for texas....

Author:
Mrs. US 2015
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07/22/15 10:53:25pm

Subject: OHIO MRS PAGEANTS 2016

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06/ 9/15 10:27:56pm

I am a newlywed pageant girl looking to get into Mrs divisions. I am wanting to start out in a smaller system. I have heard wonderful thins about Miss Royalty International and the Galaxy system. Any other thoughts or recommendations?

I do not want to spend over $500 in fees. This really narrows it down for me.
HELP!!

Replies:
Subject: Ladies, how do you deal with this.... your a queen or competitor, and you enjoy pageants, going, participanting, and working your platform. how do you deal with questions like, Why are you doing this? aren't you a little old to be in pageant's? what's a great explanation.

Author:
help is appreciated
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04/15/15 7:11:56am

Replies:
Subject: Link to watch Ms. Woman United States July 24th, 7PM PST

Author:
Janice McQueen Ward, Director
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07/18/15 10:34:14am

Click here to buy your ticket to watch Ms. Woman United States online. No commercials and no advertisements, just Pageantry!
http://iehdproductions.cleeng.com/ms-woman-united-states-2015/E186547615_US?id=1436922458

Subject: New Mrs Florida International Tiffany Ubele

Author:
anyone know what happened to Lindsey?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06/ 7/15 3:16:24pm

Replies:
Subject: International board http://www.voy.com/241692/

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07/13/15 11:06:40am

Archives: 12345678 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a new public message:
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2015 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.