VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]3 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:24:12 01/25/07 Thu
Author: Fred Baker
Subject: Re: Reality and our hobby
In reply to: Chris Fischer 's message, "Reality and our hobby" on 08:53:27 01/25/07 Thu

Chris,

Attempting to portray yourself as a third-party is somewhat deceptive, since many of us know that you and John are friends. One's view of the hobby is as individual as one's view on politics and religion. One is not any more correct than another.

We all know this isn't real but that doesn't mean we can't do our darnedest to get it as close to real as we can. The tenor of John's remarks were defensive toward an academic figure he respects and I can appreciate that. However, in a day and age of cyber-warriors it's easy to post things that rile folks up and then skulk away. Clearly some parties would prefer the age of the duelo when an exchange of letters and pistol fire would settle this.

As to your suggestion that I ban third parties from attending who have threatened varying acts, I am in no position to do so. Many of these men live nomadic lives, checking email infrequently from scattered points, often from random points across the country. I know John and have spoken with him several times and posted what I did for his own safety. He's a good lad who maybe was a bit overblown in his defense of Dr. Silvadi and that riled some folks up.

At any rate, this board is not here for a debate of the legal system nor of one's rights. It's hear to talk about the event. Silvana and I have exchanged emails and all is settled there. Since she is at peace with things I'm satisfied that we're all okay. Folks such as yourself with at best a very peripheral interest would be better served carrying on email correspondence with whichever parties you care to rather than running these threads up and down the full range of non-event-related topics.

Kind regards,

Fred Baker

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.