VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]3 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 17:11:03 01/27/07 Sat
Author: Mrs. Lawson, Civilian Coordinator
Subject: Re: Getting in shape for BGR?
In reply to: Joe Smotherman 's message, "Re: Getting in shape for BGR?" on 17:39:35 01/26/07 Fri

>> I've been told that as the head of my household I
>>was responsible for our firewood, sinks, and water, so
>>I thought I should try to get in condition so that I
>>could accomplish those things.
>
>Delegate, ma'am, delegate.
>
>Joe

Like Joe said, delegate.

If you'll read the 'call for participants' more closely (a portion is below) , you'll find that YOU are not responsible. Your household is responsible. You are the Head of that Household.

That means you direct the work, coordinate what y'all bring, see to it that y'all plan adequately so that you have enough to eat, and so forth. This does not mean that you have to do it all yourself.

Nowhere in there does it say you need to dig sinks. It does say you need to have and be able to transport your own chamber pot to the outhouse. Way back in that original call for participants, it says that My Job is the safety of the common water supply and the cleanliness of the outhouse.

Y'all do have to drag up dead fall and chop it up. Either that or feed it to the fire wholesale. If you are worried about that task, make the choice to utilize a period brazier and a bring adequate correct supply for it. Its what I'll be using for the first part of the week, as my 'family' will be arriving in bits and pieces.

And, Y'all do have to haul water to that water barrel you are bringing. Y'all can do it in big buckets or little buckets--whatever you can lift. Your choice. And, you can choose to use a good bit of water, or not much at all. No harm comes from licking a plate clean if you are the only one eating from it.

And, if you've got concerns about your household's ability to accomplish civilian life tasks, you might try asking them over on the civilian list for this event---the civilians aren't hanging around over here much. Those that aren't on my phone when I drag in from this godawful tax season job I've got right now, are in my email........

Households shall:

(1) Live and cook together, from a mixture of event provided rations and any period foods you wish to bring.

(2) Be capable of performing daily chores, including chopping wood, hauling drinking and washing water over considerable distance, and transporting their chamber pots to an outhouse.

(3) Provide their own shelter. Tentage is allowed, but households are encouraged to build pre-fab structures, assemble them on site, and then remove on the last day of the event.

(4) Entertain themselves in various period chores and pursuits.

Kind Regards,
Terre Lawson

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.