[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 17:31:07 11/10/07 Sat

Dear fellow Brothers and Sisters of the MA DOC and HOC,

This is to inform you of the formation of the “Hurt In The Line Of Duty” (HITLOD) support group. HITLOD was created out of the dyer need to learn and share information about the I.A. system, your Healthcare treatment and your over all Rights. HITLOD was created by and for those who are affected by it. We are mostly Unit 4 members and we’re not asking for handouts BUT we do need and want your support.
* You can help by signing up on our emailing list and pass this message on.

The following are some basic RIGHTS and first steps to take when HURT IN THE LINE OF DUTY…
*If you were injured in the line of duty seek medical help for real serious injuries get to an ER for treatment and if able let your Boss and Union know you got hurt a.s.a.p..
* No matter who first helps you medically follow up immediately with your Primary Care Physician (PCP). Explain exactly what happen and list all of your injuries no matter how trivial.
*Most important do not let your PCP farm you out to any outside overall healthcare providers i.e. a workman’s comp clinics also known as “occupational health clinics” of any type without a clear understanding of your Rights.
*The only healthcare providers you should be seeing outside your PCP are specialists referred by your PCP for your specific injuries and or those you choose to see. Note; you could be ordered by the boss/system to see their doctors but you still have rights.


[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Subject Author Date
Re: BASIC RIGHTS (NT)Do you guys have an office or meetings? Whrere do you get legal support from.13:38:49 11/16/07 Fri

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.