VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 16:59:16 04/23/13 Tue
Author: rabw
Subject: Re: How many Fire Chiefs ?
In reply to: Ward6 's message, "Re: How many Fire Chiefs ?" on 16:33:32 04/23/13 Tue

Simply put, I don't view there being a problem. The mayor was able to settle contracts that were being held up by an outside legal firm who's only interest was prolonging the process thereby increasing their bill. The contracts, when looked at, were not bad for the taxpayers of the city.
As for the Fire department, I don't know enough about job responsibilities to know whether they are "top heavy" or not. And the civil service "pass over" was news to me. But the appointment of James Fortin was a wise move according to most memmbers of the department I have spoken to. The mayor had confinence in a relatively young candidate, and so far the returns have been positive.
The reason we started going back and forth was because I was questioning the validity of your concerns when you had presented to evidence, just speculation. And it appeared as though there was a clear anti union, anti civil service and anti Mayor flavor to your posts, which didn't have much basis in reality!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.