VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5678 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 10:31:46 10/09/07 Tue
Author: Will Shade
Subject: Re: Transatlantic Bullshit
In reply to: Eddie 's message, "Re: Transatlantic Bullshit" on 09:19:06 10/07/07 Sun

I'll write a more in-depth review for the website itself, but for now, can you say "agenda"? Geez... I know Germans are insecure because they have no truly great rock 'n' roll bands (I love the Petards and Lords, but a few great trax does not a Great Band make), but to claim the Monks as the product of Teutonic genius is ridiculous... Mr. Post had an agenda going into the project and fulfilled it... and by "sucking the mystique out of the Monks" (as one poster put it in a previous thread) the movie does the band a huge disservice... the members of the band come across as slightly befuddled simpletons... and it's obvious that without the guiding hand of the German managers, "Black Monk Time" would have never happened... gimme a break... the movie's a piece of crap... 'nuff said... I hope to the heavens that this is not the last celluloid word on the Monks... and as for the, ahem, tribute album, the less said, the better... Monk songs are not user friendly... they aren't like "Gloria" or a Chuck Berry tune... it's impossible to replicate the Monks chemistry... there's no point in even trying to do a cover of the Monks without holding a seance to ask Roger to lay down that massive foundation...

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Forum timezone: GMT-11
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.