VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
FUND FREE MAMMOGRAMS
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

The Unofficial MAO Pageant Board

Congratulations to Miss America 2015, Kira Kazanstev of New York!

State Websites Message Boards Twitter Accounts Blogs

Thank you to the moderator of the New England board for the links to all the other boards.
NOTE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS:
Problems? Contact the moderator at maoforummoderator@gmail.com

Subject: OPINION POST!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:00:29 10/14/14 Tue

In a southern state a girl won her college title for a second time. She is now representing the University again and reaping the many benefits of such a title.

I am personally of the opinion that this is bad etiquette and somewhat tacky. This title comes with many other honors that have nothing to do with the MAO. It is quite the conversation because of this reason.

I just want simple opinions. What do you think? YES or NO?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Are the finalist's order announced?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:38:25 10/07/14 Tue

On GURU today a thread that has now disappeared about Miss TX. It was stated at the TX Winter Meeting last week that Monique Evans was 13th place at Miss America. The TX message board also claims that she was announced as such at the visitation after the final pageant.

Is this true? What other placements did girl's get?

Replies:
Subject: WOW!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:26:43 10/09/14 Thu

Guru calls out two IPs for supporting Kira.

<< As far as this board, the only support for Kira continues to be from 2 IPs - one in Shrewsbury, MA, and the other an AT&T mobile number that show the AT&T server in Houston. I am tired of those 2 berating all the posters who have legitimate questions. You know who you are, so quit it. You are not helping anyone. (NT) -- Pageant Guru, 07:23:43 10/09/14 Thu >>

WOW! I'm shocked by that.

KATE SHINDLE, if you read this, STAY away from the Guru board. Do you really want to affiliate yourself with someone hateful enough to bash posters and post their IPs because they dare to support the reigning Miss America???

Replies:
Subject: Kira's apology

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:36:49 10/19/14 Sun

Hopefully, all the haters will shut up about it now.

Replies:
Subject: Kira's apology

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:49:55 10/19/14 Sun

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2014/10/18/miss-america-domestic-violence-help-column/17367073/

Subject: William Francis Sullivan

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:03:21 10/19/14 Sun

What really happened with him? He was found guilty of stealing his client's funds and was disbarred. Did he got to jail? Did he have to pay back the money? Has it ever been investigated if any of the stolen money ended up with the pageant? I am shocked to have read this all and surprised this didn't come out sooner.

Subject: 5.5.8 determine the best method of preparing me for the next level of competition. I understand that the organization does not endorse nor promote the use of individuals nor businesses who act as pageant coaches, etc., whether they are paid or offer services at no charge. I agree to work with my organization and refrain from the use of pageant coaches in preparing me for competition.

Author:
pageant coach ban taken directly from the new contract
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:05:52 10/14/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Just an observation, folks....

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:55:38 10/10/14 Fri

We are fortunate enough to have this board for open discussion and sharing of opinions, and to have a fair and responsive moderator. But I feel like we are wasting the opportunity. We seem to spend a lot of time complaining about and reporting on "the other board" or its moderator, or accusing our own posters of being sent by the guru or of being the guru. These so-called board wars are counter-productive and make us all look petty and childish and probably keep us from getting new posters. The boards are different, which is a good thing. There is something for everyone, and you know, that board has its good points too. But by now, everyone knows the drill, and it is YOUR choice to participate there or not. Repeatedly venting here when you are banned or censored is frankly boring to the rest of us and takes away from any sort of intelligent conversation we might be able to have here.

I would love to see us focus more on opinions and ideas for changes to make our organization better, ideas for local pageants, photos of local and state reps, less complaining about other boards, and maybe someday, a little cross promotion of the boards, which would be to everyone's advantage. Thanks for reading.

Oh, and P.S. I would love to see "Name that Girl" come back! I did it a few times, but it is HARD to come up with a challenging one!

Replies:
Subject: Guru keeps deleting my comments.......no free speech there. There should be a disclaimer at the top of the Guru page, "If I like what you write, I'll keep it posted, if I don't, I'll delete it." Too bad for Guru we all know exactly what's going on.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:21:21 09/22/14 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Now for some humor with good points about the MAO

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:17:53 09/24/14 Wed

How embarrassing that their website says "We Fun Scholars"

Replies:
Subject: Thank you!!!!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:39:09 10/02/14 Thu

Thank you Moderator for featuring our new MISS AMERICA, Kira, on top of the page. Shame on moderators of other boards for still crying in their beer and refusing to acknowledge her.

Replies:
Subject: How can Miss America be changed for the better?

Author:
Noel Breen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:45:30 09/28/14 Sun

I am looking to do a piece on the ways the MAO can be reformed for the better. I was wondering if there are any matters beyond the recent book and articles worth looking into?

Thanks and Many Blessings

Replies:
Subject: CTexas- Anyone know what is actually going on? There was a thread on Guru but looks like it was pulled.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:40:25 09/28/14 Sun

Replies:
Subject: just added my points for at-home scoring...

Author:
best guess
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:55:30 09/14/14 Sun

Here is how I have the top 5 finishing:

Winner:
Massachusetts

1st Ru:
Arkansas

2nd Ru:
Florida

3rd:
Virginia

4th:
NY

How is everyone else comparing?

Replies:
Subject: Gaspar's Facebook post

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:29:35 09/18/14 Thu

"So this will be the only time I clarify and put an end to the rumors, gossip and message board posts as to why I was unable to do hair and make up backstage at Miss America this year. I along with a few others who were classified as "coaches" were told we were not able to receive a badge. They have had my name for 3 months and they wait till Sunday to tell me that I wouldn't receive one. Not only was it in bad taste it was also complete sabotage to the ladies that booked me.

With that said I feel like it was someone in the office who didn't want me in there because they don't like the idea of anyone making money off of the contestants. (Or they don't want any "out" homosexuals too close too call out all the closeted homos!)

What most of you involved in MAO the local directors, state directors, board members and thousands of volunteers nationwide don't seem to understand is that you are all the soldiers in this organization. Without you they couldn't survive let alone produce every local and state pageant nationwide. All of you work so hard to raise money for CMN, purchase season tickets at Miss America, sell those $2000 ad pages for the national book and $40 badges don't realize is that yes you are "volunteers" but your CEO Sam Haskell makes $500,000 a year, that's half a million dollars! He sits in that air conditioned office in Atlantic City at the prettiest hotel in the city (while the rest of the hotels shut down) to tell all of you that "You can't make any money as a "volunteer" while he collects his hefty paycheck!

Either slap me now or explain the logic!

Without all of you raising the money to pay him and the people in the office where would they be?

I've always felt if you are going to lead people "Lead by example" I would never ask anyone to do anything I wouldn't do myself.

On a final note if you don't want to be called out as a closeted homosexual stop wearing more make up than your wife and stop getting up on stage and acting like a total fruitcake, with the hand gestures and telling stories about the things your mom use to tell you!

I've been a local, state and national director for different organizations and I have never once gone on stage to be seen! All the moms, contestants and titleholders that know me know they have never seen me get on stage! I believe in making it about the contestants only not me!"

Replies:
Subject: Guru wiped clean

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:55:45 10/01/14 Wed

The entire Guru board has been wiped clean.
All the archives empty.
Not a photo posted.
Not one word about Kira.
Maybe whoever posted that they were saving screen shots and sending them to Kira for any potential law suit against Guru and its posters, got through to them.

Replies:
Subject: Any updates out of Nevada? Or Texas? These seem to be the states with the "scandals" this year. Prelims should be starting soon...any in the works for these states?

Author:
Wondering
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:35:19 10/03/14 Fri

Subject: Great Blog on the Kira drama...http://noelbreen.blogspot.com/2014/09/fear-and-loathing-in-atlantic-city.html

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:40:02 09/26/14 Fri

Replies:
Subject: What We've All Learned From This Year's Miss America

Author:
pageant flan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:37:20 09/14/14 Sun

1) When the judges say they're looking for someone with a strong interview and a good attitude and they don't care about SS or talent, they aren't kidding. That was won 100% in interview and personality. Kira is pretty, but I don't think it would have mattered if she weren't.

2) The one-panel system produces results that are what you'd get if a monkey on crack just threw darts at a list of states. CT and TX should not have been cut after swimsuit. IA had the best gown in the whole pageant. As for talent, if MS (by far the best of the top 10) and (OH talent prelim winner) don't make it but FL (where the nicest thing you can say about her dance was it was better than Oklahoma's) does, the pageant is basically meaningless. The judges are just marking time until they anoint their preselected winner.

3) You would think, for a panel focused so much on interview, that the top 5 would be amazing in OSQ. You would be wrong. Of those, only NY aquitted herself well, although VA also did fine. FL was embarrassing. Did she really plug her platform in OSQ, a playform that has nothing to do with the issue? She did indeed. You didn't hallucinate that.

4) The host should never ask a question like "Hoe are you feeling right now?" because it's just not possible to give an answer that isn't patty and bland. "Oh, I'm so excited. It could be any one of the 53 of us! We're all like sisters!" I was rolling my eyes, but really, what else could they say.

5) I like Kira, but I would have paid money to see the faces of the other girls.

Replies:
Subject: Michael Phelps got busted for DUI

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:21:54 10/01/14 Wed

Should he be stripped of his Olympic Medals?

Replies:
Subject: Interesting blog post from Kira. http://kirakazantsev.com/2014/10/love-conquers-hate/

Author:
http://kirakazantsev.com/2014/10/love-conquers-hate/
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:45:09 10/01/14 Wed

Subject: SICK AND TIRED OF THIS

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:15:44 09/23/14 Tue

In the 15 years now (yes, it's been that long) since these boards were around, I have NEVER seen such unabashed bashing of a new winner. This isn't so much about what goes on here, but there are people with an axe to grind and they don't give it up. Now they've got one. I don't defend Kira's actions. But this has been going on since the minute she was crowned.

Here's the truth: I think a lot of the harping is coming from the old school group. They can't accept that Miss America has only been from the deep South twice in the last 10 years and won't return anytime soon. She worked for Planned Parenthood, the bastian of evil for the pro-fetus crowd. And gasp! she didn't get up and sing an aria from Carmen. I saw a post from Oklahoma saying as much last night, asking for the pageant to be restored to what it was. Oh, and who in the media is beating the drum on this? The same FOX NEWS that was after Kira in the first place. Their piece on it today cited Jezebel as the source. None of this is factual with confirmed people, places or things.

I will be the first to admit that Kira's conference did not go well, and I don't think she did a very good job. Too many holes and not a good explanation. She wasn't emphatic about denial, she seemed at a loss to give a good explanation. But this isn't about this as much as it is about the constant and unabashed bashing of Kira. I don't EVER want to hear anything about how Nina was bashed. It makes the bashing that Teresa went through look like 4 year olds whispering. And it's got to stop. I'm sick of even coming to these boards because all it is is pages and pages of complaints.

Replies:
Subject: Pam Mclevey Miss Kansas 3rd Runner up to Leanza Cornett

Author:
no name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:46:15 09/28/14 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Why does Miss CA never wear her crown? She's the only one! Did she leave it at home? Embarrassing!

Author:
?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:35:19 09/04/14 Thu

CA just scrambles their way here. First, her wardrobe is "lost" in the mail, and now she doesn't bring her crown?
She had ONE job! Checklist: Sash, lipstick, dress, CROWN!

Replies:
Subject: The aftershow

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:15:53 09/21/14 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Interview

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:43:35 09/28/14 Sun

As I am not a die-hard MAO fan like many of you and relatively new to following the pageants, I have a question...

I keep hearing that the competition is won in the interview room. The only interview I have ever watched was Katie Stam's. I do not think that was a good interview. Based only on that one experience, how can it be won in the interview room? Or am I totally of mark on my standards of what makes one a good speaker?

Subject: From the USA board...

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:38:48 09/26/14 Fri

<< There is another new scandal today, an all out *war* between Mallory Hagan and Gaspar Cruz.>>

Where the hell was I? Anyone want to tell us what happened?

Replies:
Subject: The petition

Author:
Haha
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:01:35 09/25/14 Thu

So there's 15 people who have signed the petition... Up 3 from yesterday! That tells you a lot about how many people are actually going crazy.

Replies:
Subject: What Should be done About the Judging System?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:02:19 09/27/14 Sat

So From What I Can Tell The Pageants Are Fixed? I keep hearing the term "throwing points" Is that really fair? Someone had mentioned they should just have a interview competition and forget the rest.

Is it really fair to already have your minds made up after the 12 min interview? You can wear a potato sack and sing totally off key and still win the pageant because they like your speaking abilities

Here is my list of Past Miss Americas Who totally were picked after the Interview

2015 , 2014, (2011 for sure) 2005, 2003, 1999. 1996 forsure

Subject: How Would You Feel

Author:
Curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:23:59 09/24/14 Wed

If you won a prelim award would you expect your name to be called in the top 16 or so? Is it misleading to give someone false hope that they have a greater chance to be called than others?

Another question: Has there ever been a Miss America who was a double Prelim winner. It seems lately that the recent past chosen Miss America's didnt win any prelims the runners up do The last person I recall that won the most prelims was Faith Jenkins in 2000

Miss Louisiana-Faith Jenkins, Shreveport

1st-Runner Up $ 40,000.00 Scholarship
Talent Preliminary $ 4,000.00 Scholarship
Swimsuit Preliminary $ 1,000.00 Scholarship
Quality of Life $ 10,000.00 Scholarship

Replies:
Subject: CT

Author:
??
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:52:55 09/25/14 Thu

Who is the designer of Miss CT's preliminary gown? Does anyone have a photo?

Subject: Are they nuts on the PG board? Is its owner so consumed by this year's drama, they are reduced to "phishing" for scoop from alleged Hofstra students? One must wonder what they are drinking in Falwell-land or wherever, to think it is going to succeed. If I were KK's lawyer, I'd be going after the board owner to get IP addresses soon. It may be hard to sue as a public figure, but methinks they have crossed the threshold. Why won't they just stop? She is not going to go.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:37:16 09/24/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject: This Is How NY Won

Author:
no name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:44:21 09/20/14 Sat

So the judges can fall in love with you in the interview and no matter if you arent the best in SS EG or talent, they will throw points your way to make sure that you win.

The key to many surprise wins is the all-important preliminary interview, held in the days before the TV broadcast. Unlike swimsuit or talent, judges don’t announce interview winners — but it clearly steers their decisions about who should be in the finals.

Sure enough, judge Marc Cherry, creator of ABC’s “Desperate Housewives,” said the judges were impressed with Kazantsev’s answer about the Ray Rice situation in early rounds of the competition. “I think a lot of us started to fall in love with her during the very first interview,” Cherry said. (Kazantsev: “In the United States, the justice system is driving the getaway car for abusers.”)

On that note, Kazantsev may have been lucky to have picked an unusually timely “platform” — the advocacy cause all contestants must pledge to support through their reign if they win. Her social cause is titled “Love Shouldn’t Hurt: Protecting Women Against Domestic Violence.”
Plus, Kazantsev did pretty well with the televised interview portion when asked about female lawmakers in the Senate — she brought the issue back around to discuss sexual assault in the military. While it wasn’t the most elaborate answer, she did more with her 20 seconds to respond than contestants like Miss Virginia and Miss Arkansas, who stumbled a bit over questions about ISIS and gun control.

And the fact that she represented over-represented New York state? Former Miss America 1998 Kate Shindle suggested on Twitter that the California native, who moved east to attend Hofstra University, might have won because of it, not in spite of it.

Replies:
Subject: OFFICIAL: JILLIAN TAPPER is the new Miss NY 2014

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:41:42 09/23/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: There is a story on the Guru board about Kira being kicked out of her sorority for hazing!?!?! Does anyone know if there is any truth to this?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:32:56 09/22/14 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Are the allegations in the Jezebel article true?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:06:01 09/22/14 Mon

http://jezebel.com/miss-america-was-kicked-out-of-her-sorority-for-abusive-1636095561. Here, by the way. It's since been picked up by the usual tabloids, including the NY Post.

The reason I'm not sure what to believe is there are no specifics in there, just a lot of rumours. Kira did appear to get kicked out of her sorority, but so did last year's Miss Montana, and from what I could tell from reading THOSE articles, it was just power-tripping and stupid clique stuff. Nothing about actually doing anything wrong. I have no first-hand knowledge of sororities, but it's clearly possible for some girls in one to hate other girls in one and kick her out.

The source is "a tipster close to Kazantsev." Which could mean hazing victim or someone on a power trip who hates Kira. THEN there's a whole paragraph about disgusting sorority hazing rituals, which even the jezebel article couldn't link to Kira's sorority, let alone Kira. And I suspect if they really had something juicy on Kira, they wouldn't need to pad out the article with things like that.

And again, the "source says" Kira and a friend were kicked out for dirty pledging. The MAO is stonewalling, though. which would seem to point to there being some merit. So who knows.

Hey, people want Miss America to be a celebrity and now she is. Only with celebrities and public figures do people care about unprovable allegations that make you look like a horrible person but don't have anything to do with your job.

Subject: test

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:13:20 09/22/14 Mon

Subject: Why isn't this a bigger deal?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:57:14 09/20/14 Sat

http://abc.go.com/shows/jimmy-kimmel-live/video/unnecessary-censorship

A clip of Miss MA with her swimsuit blurred out to make it look like she's naked.

Replies:
Subject: Talent Selections in Atlantic City

Author:
please help
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:29:05 09/16/14 Tue

Please help us update the talent "selections"(name of song,etc) that were performed in Atlantic City. Some of this list is what was performed at state, so please help update this list. (This will go on Wikipedia so we would like it to be accurate)

AL -Caitlin Brunell –Ballet ep -“Let It Go”(Frozen)
AK -Malie Delgado -Vocal -“Mercy on Me”
AZ -Alexa Rogers -Dance -“You’ll Be in My Heart”
AR -Ashton Campbell -Vocal -“Via Dolorosa”
CA -Marina Inserra -Vocal -“Bring Him Home”
CO -Stacey Cook - Tahitian Dance -“Bruno Mars’ Runaway Baby’”
CT -Acacia Courtney -Ballet ep –“Don Quixote”
DC -Teresa Davis -Piano -“White Water Chopsticks”
DE -Brittany Lewis -Dance – “Let There Be Love”
FL -Victoria Cowen -Dance –“Note to God”
GA -Maggie Bridges -Vocal -“There Will Come a Day”
HI -Stephanie Steuri -Hula dance - “Feelin Good”
ID –Sierra Sandison –vocal –“Forget About the Boy”(Thoroughly Modern Millie)
IA -Alysa Lou Olson -Vocal -“If I Loved You”
IL -Marisa Buchheit –Operatic vocal -“Je Veux Vivre” (Romeo et Juliette)
IN -Audra Casterline -Vocal -“Over the Rainbow”
KS -Amanda Sasek -Vocal -“Out Here on My Own”(Fame)
KY –Ramsey Carpenter –fiddle –“Orange Blossom Special” “Sally Goodin”
LA -Lacey Sanchez -Vocal -“God Help the Outcast”(Hunchback of Notre Dame)
MA -Lauren Kuhn -Piano -“Valse Dramatico”
ME -Audrey Thames – monologue -
MD -Jade Kenny -Ballet ep – “Everybody Dance Now”
MI -KT Maviglia -Dance -“Be Italian”
MN -Savannah Cole -Vocal -“House of the Rising Sun”
MO -Jessica Hartman -Lyrical dance -“The Prayer”
MS –Jasmine Murray –vocal – “Something’s Got a Hold on Me”(Burlesque)
MT -Victoria Valentine –Vocal / Harp -“Danny Boy”
NE -Megan Swanson -Vocal -“You Raise Me Up”
NM -Jessica Burson -Dance -“Steam Heat”
NV -Ellie Smith -vocal -“Queen’s Somebody to Love”
NJ -Cierra Kaler-Jones -Dance -“Listen”
NH -Megan Cooley -Vocal -“On My Way”
NY -Kira Kazantsev -Vocal -“Pharrell’s ‘Happy’”
NC -Beth Stovall -Operatic vocal -Je Veux Vivre”(Romeo et Juliette)
ND -Jacky Arness -Vocal -“Feelin Good”
OH -Mackenzie Bart -Ventriliquism -"Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious”
OK -Alex Eppler -Dance -“Titanium”
OR -Rebecca Anderson -Vocal -“Let It Go”(Frozen)
PA -Amanda Smith –Vocal - ”Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again”(Phantom of the Opera)
PR -Yarelis Salgado -Ballet ep –“Flamenco Fusion”
RI -Ivy Depew -Flute -“Carnival of Venice”
SC -Lanie Hudson -Clog dance -“Aretha Franklin’s ‘Think’”
SD -Meredith Gould -Ballet –“Hedwig’s Theme”(Harry Potter)
TN -Hayley Lewis -Vocal -“I Who Have Nothing”
TX –Monique Evans –Ballet ep –“Requiem”
UT -Karlie Major -Dance -“Forget About the Boy”
VA -Courtney Garrett -Operatic vocal -“Parla Piu Piano”(Speak Softly Love from The Godfather)
VT -Lucy Edwards -Vocal -“I am Changing”
VI -Ashley Gabriel -Vocal -“Rolling in the Deep”
WA –Kailee Dunn –Vocal –“Someone Like You”(Jekyll & Hyde)
WV -Paige Madden -Vocal -“Gravity”
WI -Raeanna Johnson -Ballet ep -“Hallelujah”
WY -Jessie Allen -Dance –

Thank you!

Replies:
  • MT -- No name, 14:38:45 09/21/14 Sun
Subject: Desiree and Jamie both declined the Miss NY crown. Look at their FB pages.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:55:00 09/20/14 Sat

Subject: What Happened to Mississippi

Author:
no name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:26:04 09/17/14 Wed

I was expecting her to make top 5 especially after her talent. I guess I 'm the only one that feels that way. Just curious

Also surprised Alabama didn't make it either

Replies:
Subject: Go KIRA !!!

Author:
Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:28:28 09/17/14 Wed

Kira is fantastic.

All of the sour toilet bowls who thought they needed to send a clone or pageant patty robot are upset. Obviously, the judges preferred someone who is intelligent and has made strides in her life, even if she does not pursue law school where she has been accepted.

When certain INVOLVED people stop interferring with who judges want to select on their state level, then maybe they will receive some goodness in return. One in particular just KNEW they had a Miss America with a staged talent performance. Sadly, she does not bring alot of upstairs quality to the table. But the old doctor and Dave can live with THEIR choice for the rest of the year---if she gives them anything worth living for this year.

Kira can sing. She just outsmarted everyone who did NOT notice her.

Replies:
Subject: The video of the judges' press conference. Let's analyze it to death!

Author:
pageant flan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:12:08 09/11/14 Thu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk0fbEs28-w It gets going at around 6 minutes.

Marc Cherry said they grilled thew girls and asked "tough, probing questions". So . . . interview queen? Who wants to be a lawyer and knows about politics this year?

Marc Cherry: It's not just about the bodies, it's how they comport themselves and elegance and style. So to me that means an old-school Miss America and she won't be the prettiest girl.

And "interview is ABSOUTELY the most important". Talks about rising above the pageant stereotype.

Lee Meriwether: Goes to talent. Not sure what that means in this context.

Gary: Looking for communication skills on social media - not for someone funny or controversial. But the judges don't check the contestants' social media. Talks about the girl who can make the most of her platform, rather than the one with the best or most relevant platform itself. Call me crazy but that sounds like Alabama.

Football guy: Looking for a role model. Beauty, intelligence, charisma. Impressed by their intelligence. Asked a lot of current events questions.

Kathy: Servant's heart. "Representing the brand of Miss America, in line with those values". So, treating it like a job interview.

Shawn: Seems impressed by academic achievements, intellect.

Military lady: Leader, inspiring. So, platform queen?

For what it's worth, Marc Cherry seemed to dominate the panel. On the whole after watching this I'm expecting an interview/platform queen. Think Teresa part 2. Alabama?

Replies:
Subject: Who exactly is Brent Adams? Such a handsome young man that works for Sam Haskell.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:38:06 09/15/14 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Who won Road To Miss America?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:14:03 09/18/14 Thu

Subject: Miss America Crown

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:05:13 09/16/14 Tue

I love the design and style of the Miss America Crown, but can we get a new maker of the crown. It looks so cheap!

Replies:
Subject: OMG! Did anyone see Gasper's Facebook post

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:29:51 09/17/14 Wed

His FB post was hilarious

Replies:
Subject: You know what I just realized?

Author:
pageant flan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:50:23 09/16/14 Tue

Remember how before the pageant we were discussing platforms, and whether partisan or controversial platforms would be penalized by the MAO?

Well, in this pageant, two girls had abstinence platforms. And one made the top 10 and the other the top 5. That should settle that issue.

Replies:
Subject: Thursday prelim: SS-MD (um...sure...) T-PA (no idea what she sounds like) Good for both, was expecting to see other ladies, but whatever. I don't expect all the prelim winners to make finals, but could always be wrong.

Author:
It'll be hard getting up for work Monday regardless!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:03:59 09/11/14 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Miss America on Kelly & Michael

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:06:11 09/16/14 Tue

I get it now. She is absolutely adorable and she looks great. She was so natural and likeable and I didn't see any sign of nervousness or pretention. Of course, they did the cups thing together and they had so much fun with her and I think they loved her. (Michael was hysterical). I still hate that a lot of the immediate media is making fun of her and MAO, but maybe with the new Dick Clark connection and more visibility, people will get to see why the judges fell in love with her. I think she can turn all this negativity around.

But please MAO, redesign that crown so that it fits the shape of a head! It seemed huge on her and with that flat bottom, it wobbled around so much it was distracting. Sorry, but it looks like a crystal candy dish sitting on top of her head. The state crowns fit the girls' heads so much better.

Congratulations Kira!

Replies:
Subject: MAO local volunteers are...odd

Author:
czhar
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:24:58 09/15/14 Mon

I have met some interesting local MAO people this past week. Most of them were exceptionally kind, but some OMG were NUTS!!! Like scary overzealous. My question is how do these women get to be involved in MAO? If I and you can see that they are not mentally right after a 5 second conversation, how can MAO not see it? I was so glad they don't run a local in my state. YOWZA!And also, is it ok for a local director to have her kid(s) compete at a different local in the same state?

Replies:
Subject: This girl can speak!! Good for her.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:12:44 09/16/14 Tue

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3788100315001/miss-america-2015-kira-kazantsevs-journey-to-the-crown/#sp=show-clips

Replies:
Subject: Here are 10 things you need to know about Miss America Kira Kazantsev

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:01:22 09/16/14 Tue

Here are 10 things you need to know about Miss America Kira Kazantsev

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/meet-america-kira-kazantsev-article-1.1939672#ixzz3DVTHB3xe

Subject: I'm not a pageant person, but enjoy reading these boards and hearing from the experts. I was traveling last night so didn't get to see the telecast and forgot to TiVo it. After reading the absolute hysteria over the winner (98% on the other board), I finally had a chance to see a clip of her talent. And...I think she's adorable. Personality plus and kind of cute and geeky--so much more approachable and personable than past winners like Laura and Nina. While not conventionally 'pageant glam,' she has a certain radiance and is very pretty IMO. The new MA looks like she will enjoy every second of her reign.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:20:25 09/15/14 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Was Anyone Surprised of The 3 Peat? And............

Author:
unknown
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:06:34 09/16/14 Tue

Since it has been in the news a lot lately , do you think her platform of " Love Shouldn’t Hurt: Protecting Women Against Domestic Violence" gave her an advantage?

Also, PLEASE announce who the 1st runner up is. I taped the pageant and watched it later. I had to rewind it to find out who the 1st runner up was!!!

Replies:
Subject: No one's talking about OSQ's...Who stood out?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:12:05 09/10/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Did Guru just get hacked!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:48:07 09/15/14 Mon

Because there's a weird message on the front page and you can't reply to anything in archives.

MWAHAHAHAHAHHAA

Subject: Oh Miss Nebraska....twitter is trending her panty shot.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:50:47 09/14/14 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Overnight ratings :(

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:56:21 09/15/14 Mon

Of course, these are not final, but they won't change too much

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/09/15/tv-ratings-sunday-sunday-night-football-dominates-night-miss-america-down-american-dad-up/302655/

Surprising given all the promotion ABC did

Replies:
Subject: So the next question up...who will take NY or better yet, who SHOULD take NY?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:05:39 09/15/14 Mon

Subject: The prpblem with Miss America

Author:
pageant flan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:57:23 09/15/14 Mon

Fine. ONE OF the problems with Miss America.

We are asked to pick a girl who's "the total package". That means, beautiful face, fantastic body, professional-level talent, great academic record, can give an informed, cogent answer on every subject, and witty and charming in any situation.

And I'm sorry, but that girl doesn't exist. Well, she does, but if she has all that going for her she's a big celebrity or clerking for Justice Robetrs or otherwise has no need for our little pageant.

So every year, the judges pick and choose. They might take, for example, someone with a great face and great speakingf skills, and ignore her soft body and weak talent. Or pick the one with the strong talent who knows about politics and ignore how patty she it. Or I suppose they could go with a solid B in all areas. Or, as they did this year, pick the interview queen and damn the rest. So we never get a Miss America that's great at one thing, or two things, and that's it. And there's no real way to change that, because I defy anyone to come up with 10 beauties who also have amazing talents (leaving interview out of it for the moment). It just doesn't happen.

Subject: I'm going with FL

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:25:06 09/14/14 Sun

I don't care what anyone says, Miss A should have above average looks/body. Let's face it, that's the first thing you notice. Next, I want her to be friendly and caring. I would like to see our Miss A truly take an interest in the person she is talking to. I don't care about her platform. She gets to do very little with it anyway because she has to promote CMN. I got to meet Nina this year. She's nice but I was not impressed. She is average looking and is NOT friendly. I felt like she was only at the appearance because she had to be there. Well, I guess we will know in a few hours who our next MA will be. I hope they get it right!

Replies:
Subject: Miss Virginia

Author:
TT
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:01:50 09/14/14 Sun

Can someone talk about Va. and how she has done this week? There have been some very touching photos of her and her disabled brother.

Subject: Tuesday Prelim thoughts

Author:
pageant flan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:11:05 09/10/14 Wed

So, FL in SS and OK in talent. What do you think that means?

It's too early to say for sure, but it looks like this year they'll be going for a throwback. A very traditional Miss America. FL is the kind of girl most people outside the pageant world picture when they hear "beauty pageant." Perfectly put together, bleached blonde, whose beauty doesn't come from classical facial features or bone structure but in looking like an idealized homecoming queen or cheerleader. She looks like she could play Miss America in a movie. And that was a pretty strong SS group, so the judges must have liked her interview.

As for OH, in recent years, the pageant has tried to avoid anything hokey or homespun. (One recent exception - HI Laura's year). They like their talents traditional. So when a ventriloquist wins, it must mean the judges loved her. The chatter from people there was that it was entertaining rather than technically good, so that probably means good things for Mackenzie.

Either way, the trend lately has either been for an academic Miss America, or for what Sam thinks of a modern, "cool" Miss America. FL and OH are more traditionally-pageanty than we've seen lately.

Replies:
Subject: Who will be the biggest Miss America dark horse and why?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:51:14 09/07/14 Sun

Replies:
Subject: That cool breeze this morning

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:30:59 09/14/14 Sun

Is it that hell froze over? I don't think Ericka Dunlap is in Atlantic City this year.

Subject: Nice job, ABC!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:51:22 09/14/14 Sun

Watching Good Morning America and they have been promoting THE HECK out of the pageant all morning. So far, showing the contestants in a really good light, with most of the on-air personalities commenting on various clips. Love it.

Subject: MAO on Good Morning America in case you missed it!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:43:10 09/12/14 Fri

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/miss-america-find-contestants-watch-25455610

Subject: Dear Mallory

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:27:49 09/09/14 Tue

Mallory, if you're still reading, I'm curious about your thoughts on this year's contestants. Who do you think the MAO is going for and who would you like to see win? I know you're working with a few of them, but I'm sure you can be objective about the others.

Replies:
  • ttt (NT) -- No name, 11:36:21 09/12/14 Fri
Subject: California's intro

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:43:53 09/11/14 Thu

What was California intro?

Replies:
Subject: Wednesday prelim results

Author:
pageant flan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:30:08 09/10/14 Wed

SS - OK

Talent - KY (fiddle, Orange Blossom Special).

Twice in a row they picked an entertaining, non-classical, non-traditional talent. (And I wasn't there so I can't say for sure, but the live tweets indicate neither was the technical best). There's a definite trend here. I heartily approve of this, by the way. I like the entertaining talents.

And I like Orange Blossom Special. It's not overplayed if you've never heard it before, and how many people outside the pageant world are actually familiar with fiddling?

Replies:
Subject: Prelims start tonight. Any news on the Tony Bowls dresses or are girls wearing their own tonight? Have the Tony Bowls dresses made it to Atlantic City yet?

Author:
cathy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:16:59 09/09/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: RI apparently fained on stage. It doesn't look like an ambulance has been called. I hope she's all right.

Author:
pageant flan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:20:53 09/09/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: A Must See Retrospect About Kimberly Aiken Miss America 1993

Author:
viewer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:50:13 09/07/14 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Preliminary Night Photos

Author:
Jeff
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:59:49 09/09/14 Tue

Used to be a great guy from VA who would post pictures during each night of the competition as well as after the show each night. Does anyone have a link to where he posts his pictures?

Replies:
Subject: Scoop : CT phoney nice. she is an ass kisser . girls started betting how long it would take for her to zoom over to talk to the ptb at each event. Mississippi was in full diva mode, rarely talkies to anyone, made snide remarks was above it all with an attitude. florida is beyond boring. Cannot hold a conversation and does not come across as very intelligent. Illinois was bright and engaging and funny and real but there is sooooooooo much negativity toward her state director from everyone, what is up with that. TN is very pretty but she wears tons of make up...tons they said with stripes down the side of her nose and her hair never moves. NY was adorable. Very friendly and beautiful, TX was like a deer in the headlights! seemed intimidated by the moment which happens sometimes when you dream about something for so long? the white evening dress with the long earrings with the feathers barely held her huge breast in (their words). SD and Cal looked like skeletons. I will post more .

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:41:07 08/04/14 Mon

Replies:
Subject: From talent rehearsals

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:43:52 09/09/14 Tue

The general consensus seems to be the best talents are Illinois, Ohio, and New Jersey. Heard good things about Iowa as well.

Subject: Miss CT's video

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:55:36 08/22/14 Fri

Miss CT's video just made me like her a whole lot less. She comes off as a caricature of a girl from Connecticut: rich (classical ballet and horseback riding are not cheap), blonde and obnoxious. She was my pick for frontrunner, but now, I don't know...

Replies:
Subject: What actually matters when competing for Miss America?

Author:
pageant flan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:53:38 09/08/14 Mon

We keep seeing on the boards, people complaining that a girl moving to the middle of every photo is ruining her chances because everyone sees her as pushy and obnoxious. Or it hurts her if she doesn't show up in every photo, because she's not making the effort to stand out. Or it matters what state she's from, how well Sam Haskel gets along with her local director, or what her platform is.

But when it comes to actually picking the winner, does anyone really care about that stuff? For that matter, do they care about SS, talent, or facial beauty? If she has a STEM background? Do they even follow social media or try to find out what these girls are really like, or to they just go with their impressions in the interview. And how involved is the MAO anyway? How much do they choose the winner, compared to the judges?

From people who actually know, what actually matters when picking a winner?

Replies:
Subject: nina's arrival ceremony outfit

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:35:32 09/09/14 Tue

i was just wondering what nina was in for the arrival ceremony, i know it's JR but I'd like to have it myself.

Subject: Alabama should be thankful Joan Rivers is dead

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:13:29 09/08/14 Mon

And the picture of Indiana in that group selfie, I have no words.

Go under Miss America Facebook and tonight's pictures.

Replies:
Subject: Prelims webcast

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:47:20 09/09/14 Tue

So apparently, that ass the Guru refuses to posts about the lack of prelim webcast to stay. It's so stupid that they can't webcast because of so-called royalties for talent. Yet most state pageants manage and Sweetheart managed.

Subject: This will surely be deleted soon from Guru so let's discuss here:

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:52:29 07/21/14 Mon

http://sheridipitous.wordpress.com/2014/07/20/is-this-toddlers-and-tiaras/

Interesting blog post from Miss Montana 2013 Sheridan Pope. Takes some pretty big swings at the dethroned Miss Delaware Amanda Longacre.

Replies:
Subject: Anyone hearing anything out of DC?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:34:12 09/02/14 Tue

Who is standing out, who is liked, who is hated, etc?

Replies:
Subject: Seatfilling is Actually Fun at Miss America

Author:
Anthony
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:59:50 09/07/14 Sun

We were seatfillers at the pageant last year and had a blast and had amazing seats. We also never moved once and have already signed up to do it again this year. If you want to sign up, just go to their website, www.seatfillersandmore.com, its free.

Subject: What are the contestants saying?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:11:20 09/07/14 Sun

Surely someone has had to heard from their titleholder by now. Who do they think will win? Who is nice, who is nasty, etc.? And they usually do have an idea of who is going to do well.

Subject: Top talents at Sweetheart tonight were Nebraska, NY, NJ, Indiana and the opera singer who went second..forgot who she was. Disappointed in OK and FLA.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:05:05 08/29/14 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Who do you think wants to be MIss A the most? With their heart, mind, and soul, all in the competition?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:06:56 09/02/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Sending gifts

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:23:30 09/06/14 Sat

Packages/mail should not be sent to the hotel. All delivered mail for the contestants, including cards and non-organic packages must have a return address & a clear, legible full name of the sender delivered to: Boardwalk Hall, 2301 Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ 08401, Attn: Miss (State), (Contestant Name)
Please note that organic packages of any kind will not be accepted especially flowers, food, fruit baskets, etc. If organic items are delivered, the package will be received, but it will be discarded and the attached card will be forwarded to the contestant - there are no exceptions.
All walk-in packages/mail for the contestants will be directed to the Loading Dock located behind Boardwalk Hall at Georgia and Pacific Avenues between 9:00a and 5:00pm, Monday through Saturday, ending Friday, September 12th. Boardwalk Hall Public Safety and Security will not accept any package or mail that does not have a return address or properly identify the contestant as outlined above. All packages/mail are inspected by the Atlantic City Police Department. No packages are permitted to enter the facility until checked through the outlined procedure. Please limit deliveries to only items needed during this time. Processing may take up to an additional day before a contestant may actually receive the item.
No items, packages, deliveries/mail for contestants or staff may be delivered to any other entrance, nor handed directly to a contestant. Please note, packages, deliveries/mail will not be accepted after Friday, September 12, 2014 at 4pm.

Replies:
  • Bump (NT) -- No name, 15:01:22 09/06/14 Sat
Subject: Beautiful message from Miss Nevada!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:05:51 08/31/14 Sun

missnevada2014
7 minutes ago · #ellieformissamerica
I can't believe it. Tomorrow, I leave for Miss America. I never thought I would ever type those words- especially not at only 17 years old. I've never worked harder for anything in my entire life, and this summer has been unlike any other. I am grateful that I didn't have to prepare for this by myself, and am extremely humbled to have such an incredible team behind me. My family especially touched my life throughout this process- they believe in me and my abilities from the beginning. They haven't stopped since. My sister, Amy, has been my rock and my best friend and supporter throughout this entire journey through the Miss America Organization. I truly wouldn't be here without her. She's my biggest fan, and the best, bravest, and truest Miss Nevada's Outstanding Teen I've EVER seen. As I go for my last workout, pack my last few suitcases, and write this post, the only thing on my mind now is my Lord and Savior. He's carried me through it all, and His Word will be on my mind for the next two weeks. "Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial- for having stood the test, they will receive the crown of life that The Lord has promised to those who love him." -James 1:12. I am YOUR Miss Nevada 2014. The real, fair, and true Miss Nevada. I am ready to make my state proud and I am going to put everything into this pageant. Get ready America, and don't underestimate the 17 year old. Wish me luck and HERE WE GO!

Replies:
Subject: Miss Florida

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:29:11 08/30/14 Sat

Is Miss FL's platform related to abstinence? Who was the last abstinence advocate to make a splash at nationals?

Replies:
Subject: Celebrity Nude Photos

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:46:07 09/04/14 Thu

Just curious about this whole issue. In 2002 the pageant had to deal with it because of Rebekah Revels boyfriend. While it may not be directly relevant to this year's contestants, this may come up in interview. And I would say that it does affect any future contestant that decides to take a nude photo, suggestive photo, etc. Even Elyse Umemoto had those drunk pictures taken with her crown. And let us not forget that lewd photos cost Vanessa Williams her title 30 years ago.

Today's world is such that you cannot expect privacy. Yes, no one has the right to have their personal property taken. But, if you are the public eye, is it irresponsible to take nude photos of yourself? If you don't want them leaked, then I think you must act responsibly in this matter. I am a flaming liberal and I am having a hard time seeing the victims in all of this. While I support women's rights fully, and I don't want to see women slut shamed, I also feel that you can't make bad decisions like this unless you want to deal with the consequences. Are these women victims? Are they volunteers? Is it hard to feel sorry for Kate Upton, who sells her sexuality and her body?

I'm guessing this comes up in interview somewhere. And it's a quite divisive issue. As I said, I am a flaming liberal and a strong supporter of women's rights, but I just think if you don't want the pictures out there, don't take them in this day and age.

Replies:
Subject: RUE ROYALE COUTURE TRUNK SHOW

Author:
RUE ROYALE COUTURE
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:42:59 09/05/14 Fri

RUE ROYALE COUTURE WILL BE AT MISS AMERICA SEPT 10-14TH! WE WILL BE HAVING OUR OWN TRUNK SHOW AT TRUMP PLAZA (ROOM TO BE ANNOUNCED)

DESIGNER GOWNS ON SALE FOR 30% OFF: JOVANI, TONY BOWLS, TERANI, CLAIRE'S, TARIK EDIZ AND MANY MORE!

DESIGNER SHOES AND ALL JEWERLY WILL BE ON SALE FOR 20% OFF!
CALL TODAY TO SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINT AT 732-996-3203.

GIFT CERTIFICATES AND/OR OTHER DISCOUNTS WILL NOT BE HONORED
WITH SALE PRICES.

THANK YOU
RUE ROYALE COUTURE
24 MONMOUTH ST, RED BANK
WWW.RUEROYALECOUTURE.COM

Replies:
Subject: So...still no photo of the reigning Miss America on a board that calls itself MAO forum? In the final two weeks while the pageant is about to gear up? Okay...just checking but okay

Author:
this is why the traffic is not like other boards
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:01:28 09/06/14 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Nevada MAOT

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:20:15 09/01/14 Mon

Please study the TV message by channel 3 Las Vegas 8/29. It states the truth. What I gather is that , Yes, the winner was asked to (unfairly) compete along with Amy Smith at Nationals and could not compete unless she signed a legal agreement by MAOT attnys that if asked anything about the Nevada situation she would have to respond with a statement that was completely false. All because The Smiths had a lawsuit (and I think ) possibly threatened bad media coverage. Look at the TV message! You can figure it out.

Replies:
Subject: Who would be best?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:23:57 09/04/14 Thu

Regardless of who has the best shot to be crowned, who do you think would be best at the actual JOB of Miss America? My picks are New Jersey and Kansas, but I also think they'll make at least the top 10.

Replies:
Subject: Guru and the Nevada mess?!?!?!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:47:14 07/23/14 Wed

Anybody else wondering if the Guru mod may somehow be involved in the Nevada mess? Mighty odd that every single mention is removed--and a friend just told me she has been banned for asking an innocent question about how they'd handle two OTs. Nothing inflammatory, just a simple question. Maybe some of this is hitting close to home??? Perhaps friendships are at stake here?? Perhaps favors are being called in???

Replies:
Subject: The 1st Miss America who was not Greeted After her walk

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:20:13 09/04/14 Thu

After her walk no one ran up to her why was that

Replies:
Subject: Pic trying to resize and post

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:13:16 09/03/14 Wed

http://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/t31.0-8/10479664_10152809294532573_6670365097367732925_o.jpg"height=400>

Replies:
Subject: 1993 & 1999 crownings

Author:
breezy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:36:22 08/31/14 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Miss America 1993 Talents

Author:
no name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:00:38 08/19/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: REALITY CHECK!!! For all those delusional folks who look at a homely contestant and declare her to be stunning here is a dose of reality: CT one wonky eye, average looks. FL lights are on but nobody is home. Ohio is not making top ten. PR looks like someone's mother and wer

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:50:01 09/03/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Is it true?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:37:33 09/03/14 Wed

Is Miss OK injured? Just heard she was, but don't know if it's all rumor. What could have happened that she injured herself? Rehearsals just started today and she was supposedly injured in DC.

Replies:
Subject: Could this occur?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:10:31 08/03/14 Sun

If Olivia McMillan were a Miss State. Looking and acting just like she did this week at MAOT, how would she do?
Could a larger girl win?

I ask this not to bash Olivia or anyone. I ask it because would a talented, smart, wellspoken girl, who wasn't larger than a typical pageant girl, be able to be Miss America.

Please discuss

Replies:
Subject: The contestant flight

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:57:49 09/02/14 Tue

To: All of you

I am not sure if this is the right flight or not. However, this is the only flight around this time that is headed from Washington D.C. to Atlantic City. If you want to track it, here you go:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/RBY802

Note: There are storms in the area and they are running way behind, so it might take a while. Check in after 9 eastern.

Replies:
Subject: Fun video

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:24:17 09/02/14 Tue

Cute video from DC today. Miss WV, MS and GA interview Obama.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/reliable-source/wp/2014/09/02/miss-america-contestants-highlight-the-pageants-wonkier-side-with-video/

Replies:
Subject: How to dodge a bad judges question!!!!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:06:02 08/31/14 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Arrival Ceremony

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:11:18 09/01/14 Mon

2015 MISS AMERICA CONTESTANTS MAKE THEIR DEBUT WHERE THE LEGACY BEGAN ON THE FAMED BOARDWALK IN ATLANTIC CITY, SEPTEMBER 3 AT 4:30 P.M.

Public and Media Invited for Introduction of all 53 of
2015 Miss America Contestants

WHAT: A chance to meet the 53 incredible young women competing for the coveted crown upon their arrival in Atlantic City - at the birthplace of the nation's most prestigious pageant for the 2015 Miss America Competition.

WHO: Joining the contestants for this ceremony will be a host of organizational and governmental luminaries, including the honorable Kim Guadagno, New Jersey's Lt. Governor and Secretary of State; Don Guardian, Honorable Mayor of Atlantic City; John Palmieri, Executive Director of the Casino Reinvestment Development Authority; Liza Cartmell, President of the Atlantic City Alliance; David Tilton, President and Chief Executive Officer of AtlantiCare; Sam Haskell, III, Chairman & CEO of the Miss America Organization; Sharon Pearce, President of the Miss America Organization.

Miss America 2014 Nina Davuluri will speak as the Ambassador for Atlantic City

WHERE: Kennedy Plaza, The Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ

WHEN: Wednesday, September 3 at 4:30 p.m. ET

Subject: Miss Nevada franchise revoked

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:44:47 08/30/14 Sat

Deleted off Guru because Guru is an idiot. The NV franchise has been pulled due to cheating.

http://www.mynews3.com/content/video/default.aspx?videoId=5306586&navCatId=32042

Replies:
Subject: Scoring - so why is talent such a big part of the score? I would think interview should be more like 40% because we listen to her speak not perform her talent at places.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:38:49 08/26/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: THE SECOND ANNUAL CONTESTANT CLIPS ARE UP

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:53:21 08/31/14 Sun

http://www.voy.com/209312/
There are over 300 clips of your favorites in interview, talent and more! Stop by and spend some time reviewing your favorites, the ones that are getting the most hype, and the ones you know nothing about!

Subject: article on Miss America 1998 Kate Shindle's book "Being Miss america: Behind the Rhinestone Curtain

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:02:08 08/31/14 Sun

Miss America winner writes book documenting experiences

By ELISA LALA Staff Writer | Posted 2 weeks ago

Miss America 1998 Kate Shindle won’t be in attendance at this year’s competition in Atlantic City; she doubts she’d be welcome.

The former titleholder recently wrote a memoir, “Being Miss America: Behind the Rhinestone Curtain,” in which she shares her experiences of the year she spent living under the crown and the history of the organization that she says “changed her life.” But it’s not all sparkles.

And for that, the Miss America Organization may be unhappy with her.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if the Miss America Organization unilaterally doesn’t embrace this book because I’m critical of the internal struggles of the institution,” Shindle said. “My goal was to tell the story of Miss America through my lens. Every time a Miss America writes a book or makes an appearance they send out alerts, but they’ve been pretty radio silent on my book, and I have a feeling they know what they’re in for.”

In “Being Miss America,” which will go on sale Sept. 1, just days before this year’s Miss America finals on Sept. 14, Shindle shares what she sees as “mismanagement and leadership instability” over the course of the organization’s history and unethical moves made to maintain television ratings and make money, including partnering with Children’s Miracle Network hospitals.

“Keep Children’s Miracle Network around; it’s a great group that does wonderful things. But stop balancing the books on the backs of kids with terminal illnesses. It’s not only ethically reprehensible, it’s borderline fraudulent,” she said.

Shindle explains that under the terms of the agreement with Children’s Miricle Network, Miss America herself is to serve as an ambassador for CMN during her year, and the Miss America Organization receives “reportedly as much as 60 percent” of the joint profit.

Shindle, a native of South Jersey who currently lives in New York City, said her goal wasn’t to write an expose.

“I love Miss America and I want it to succeed. This organization changed my whole life, it made (me) a really passionate activist and gave me literally a platform to bring awareness to my passions, and there aren’t many nonprofit organizations that can do that for a 20-year-old, but it becomes frustrating when it seems clear to an observer that there are issues,” she said.

Her mission said was to create a road map for how this organization has evolved as a nonprofit and where “I think it has to go.”

She writes: “If Miss America is to survive, she will not survive because the Almighty God of Television somehow brought her enough viewers and advertisers in one particular year, or even in a string of years. She will not survive because she successfully panders to the lowest common denominator; this approach is antithetical not only to building a brand, but to crafting Miss America’s brand in particular. Miss America will only survive if she decides exactly who she is, develops a lasting identity, and rejects the many temptations that run counter to that identity.

“But before any of that can occur, the organization needs to get its act together. Stop rewarding mediocrity. Let go of staff members who have been promoted to their level of incompetence. Organize the former Miss Americas who want to be involved, and send them out as ambassadors with a specific marketing message. The pageant has spent almost a century creating strong effective female leaders, but them it doesn’t really do much with them aside from inviting them to the show each year. It’s not only a waste of resources; it indicates that the people in charge don’t understand what the program accomplishes in the lives of very real women.”

As she predicted, the Miss America Organization isn’t too thrilled about the book.

In a statement to The Press of Atlantic City, officials said, “We have not had the chance to read the book. We were disappointed to learn from a reporter at the A.C. Press that a former Miss America, from 17 years ago, has chosen to take this path to advance whatever issues she might have.

“The Miss America Organization is the largest provider of scholarships for young women in the world, making available $45 million in scholarships each year. We are proud of the thousands of young women who participate at the local, state and national levels to advance their education, careers and service to their communities. We look forward to celebrating this great American tradition this September here in our birthplace in Atlantic City.”

Shindle said, “Miss America has instant name recognition but there are a lot of versions of what is. This is mine.”

Contact Elisa Lala:

609-272-7260

elala@pressofac.com

@ACPressLala on Twitter

Subject: Olivia

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:53:41 08/02/14 Sat

Miss America's Outstanding Teen 2014:

Replies:
Subject: Predict America's Choice

Author:
pageant flan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:54:03 08/26/14 Tue

Every year, it goes to the girl who's gotten the most attention in the media (for autism, for being in the military, from the reality show, etc). When there isn't a girl with a story, it goes to a big sash state. I haven't noticed anyone breaking through into the mainstream media this year.

So I'm guessing Alabama. Every year, Alabama is enthusiastic about their girl, but this year it seems off the scale.

Replies:
Subject: Advice for MISS NEVADA

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:46:16 08/29/14 Fri

She's lovely, but someone please tell her that the more she goes on and on about going to college this fall, the more it looks like she's not considering herself a serious contender for Miss America. Now don't get me wrong, I think it's great that she's excited about college, but when you're a state titleholder and you want to be taken seriously for the crown, you need to present yourself as someone ready to take the year off to step into the Miss America shoes. By the sound of her tweets, I'm afraid taking a year off would devastate Ellie.

Replies:
Subject: Did Gaspar "out" a client??

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:08:50 08/30/14 Sat

Is it true Gaspar outed a client on the guru board, saying she was not happy with her Tony Bowls gown and had to spend hundreds to have it altered? Someone told me about it but I can't find the thread...he didn't name names but since he is only working with a very few MAO girls for Miss America, he has cast suspicion on them. Anyone read the thread before it vanished?

Replies:
Subject: Found this to be an interesting article - a book written by Miss America 1998 Kate Shindle http://m.pressofatlanticcity.com/missamerica/miss-america-winner-writes-book-documenting-experiences/article_4fedf854-2646-11e4-b54c-001a4bcf887a.html?mode=jqm#.U_IW5T10Ovw.facebook You will probably have to copy/paste to get to the article. What do people think - is she on target?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:11:48 08/30/14 Sat

http://m.pressofatlanticcity.com/missamerica/miss-america-winner-writes-book-documenting-experiences/article_4fedf854-2646-11e4-b54c-001a4bcf887a.html?mode=jqm#.U_IW5T10Ovw.facebook You will probably have to copy/paste to get to this article.

Subject: Holding a Local Title Twice

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:00:47 08/27/14 Wed

Is there still a rule that states that you may not hold the same local title more than once? Or did they do away with that rule?

Replies:
Subject: Interesting piece from TX's 1st RU, Christine Tang

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:29:09 08/28/14 Thu

http://www.thepageantguy.com/from-heartache-to-hope/

Replies:
Subject: Sweetheart webcast has started!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:25:36 08/29/14 Fri

http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/schools/hoopeston-area-high-school-hoopeston-il

Subject: Miss CA interview

Author:
what do you think?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:02:30 08/28/14 Thu

http://www.kusi.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=10525137

Do you see Miss America in her?

Replies:
Subject: Most Overacting Crowning Moment for 2015 Pageant

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:29:53 08/22/14 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Is it true the contestants are going to DC to the White House before the pageant?? Details? It was deleted from Guru

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:07:12 08/27/14 Wed

Subject: What the hell is the matter with the MAO????

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:53:23 08/15/14 Fri

Sick baby in bed. Nina smiling like an idiot with a crown on her head. It's things like this that make people roll their eyes at pageants.

Replies:
Subject: Truth about MNOT

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:37:26 07/23/14 Wed

I will make this as short as possible: The Smith sisters received special treatment and broke rules from the minute they were crowned at their preliminary. The Smith family has a very close personal relationship with the former ED, Amy Hacker. She allowed them to break rules all along – some that were broken at the pageant were: having/using cell phones, leaving their room without a chaperone, their mother going backstage and speaking with production staff and mandatory paperwork not being handed in at check-in.
Haleyann was the preliminary talent winner for the teens. In such a small pageant (14 contestants), this holds a lot of value. The prelim talent winner is “usually” either the 1st RU or the winner. When the top 5 was announced and Haleyann did not place, red flags went up. Amy was not a stand out and an unexpected winner, therefore, more red flags went up. Immediately following the pageant, the President of the board resigned. Most of the parents and directors, along with others, all submitted complaints to MAOT and MAO requesting the ballots be audited and the broken rules/regulations be investigated. The Miss NV Board was allowed to basically investigate themselves and the lies continued. They audited themselves and surprise, the results came out the same. When MAOT finally requested the ballots and audited them, it was found that the scholastic scores were all incorrect. The entire Miss Nevada Board was fired. Amy Hacker claimed that Haleyann never submitted her transcripts, which was a lie and there is proof that they were submitted. Once these scores were added in correctly, the top 5 changed, leaving only two of the original top 5, one being Amy Smith. Haleyann was now in the top 5. The judges were sent ballots with the new top 5 and were asked to rank them. The winner was Haleyann. End of story. Haleyann should be the only MNOT. The reason Amy Smith won was that the Miss Nevada Board cheated and changed scores so she would win. It wasn’t a close race between the two. The Smiths have hired an attorney and are refusing to have Amy step down. Not sure how they are getting away with it, but they are insisting she still competes along with the real winner at MAOT, which is ridiculous. Again, she is not the winner – Haleyann is the winner and they are turning the whole thing into a circus. Do the right thing and step down, Amy. You and your family have all caused the other contestants and their families enough heartache.

Replies:
Subject: How about NAMING the states that actually have their gown?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:00:29 08/20/14 Wed

It sounds as if OK has hers, and now some are claiming that they have theirs but won't name who. Unless this is all some big game to those that have theirs already, and I'm not sure why that would be, how about if your titleholder has one, just say the name of the state. I think this gown idea is bad but at least give credit where credit is due. It doesn't hurt to say "I live in _____ and our Miss has hers".

Replies:
Subject: Re Kate Shindle

Author:
Yes I always want to spend time in a bathroom stall with another girl BIZZARO !!!!!!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:24:32 08/22/14 Fri

Comments on Kate shindle's book are entertaining. Especially this one from an out-of-state board member (to remain anon). This is excerpted from Pageant Central's Facebook page: I'm not really surprised by this. And I'm sure it's juicy and I may or may not read it. It's just that I lost a whole lot of respect for Kate when she - not once but TWICE - was caught violating the very specific rules about not being allowed to be with contestants during Miss America week in 2010 when she was coaching Miss NY, Alyse Zwick. That's the real reason she hasn't been welcome back at Miss America in recent years. One night, after all the contestants had gone to bed, they were all awakened and had to do a room check because Alyse's roommate reported her missing. Just when they were going to call the police, Alyse was found in Kate's room with her. They warned her then to stay away. Then, a couple of days later, while the girls were in rehearsal, Alyse asked to go to the restroom. And later, a chaperone discovered her and Kate in the bathroom in the stall together!! Kate got in deep doo-doo for that. And the sad thing is she probably got Alyse
disqualified. Alyse won SS, but didn't make the cut on Finals night. And obviously, we'll never know if she would have made it on her own or not, but many were surprised she didn't make it. (And she's the only Miss NY since like 2007 to not make the cut.) The Miss NY organization stopped working with Kate after that. I also know of a former state contestant (not from Indiana) who reached out to Kate to inquire about coaching her and was told, "For 10 grand I'll make you Miss America." But Kate wouldn't even talk to her until she was willing to pony up the 10 grand. So while I'm not all that enchanted with MAO myself these days, I gotta say that I'm considering the source on this one. And it's too bad. I used to LOVE Kate Shindle.

Replies:
Subject: JUDGES

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:31:39 08/14/14 Thu

Mark Cherry
Shawn Johnson
Lee Meriwether
Kathy Ireland
Donald Driver
Anne McDonald (military)
Gary Vaynerchuk (Entrepreneur, never heard of him)

Replies:
Subject: My take on the many of the contestants

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:28:16 08/18/14 Mon

AL--Love her video, just wish she didn't sound like a 12 year old girl

ARK==Bad video. Could no one in ARK help her with this?

CA--Not attractive. Think she will follow in 2012's footsteps instead of last years CA.

CT--Pretty. Video is so planned though Makes me wonder if she can be spontaneous. Like ARK, could no one in CT help her film this?

DE--Very strong speaking voice. Like her story!

DC--Favorite video. Interesting girl though a little quirky. Want to know more about her

FL--Good video. Haven't liked her much until now. Hope FL doesn't change her a lot. They usually do

GA--Natural and pretty. Like her video. Her accent is very thick though at times.

HI Darkhorse. This girl is very well spoken, warm and pretty

ID--Fresh. Pretty. Wellspoken. Borders on overdoing the platform though

IL Fresh, fun, nice vibe. Seems to have talent. Want to know more about her.

IN After her over-the-top crowning, I was interested to see how she would portray herself. Sadly, she hasn't changed.

IA LOVE! This girl is my favorite. Natural ability on camera. Fresh. Young. Knew nothing about her and now I am a huge fan. IA may just do it this year.

KS Great job! Pretty, nice speaking voice. Great story. Interesting that she is holding the camera herself, but unlike CT and AR, you focus on what KS is saying, not that she is holding the camera.

KY GREAT story and good storyteller. Natural, well spoken.

LA Too speechy. Very nasaly voice.

ME After last year, I hoped they would be on a roll

MS Very poised, but forced. She clearly has the skills, but I have yet see her connect. Maybe in person she does. On camera, she does not.

MO--Very short film. Wanted more. Love the ice idea.

NV--Way too young looking and sounding. I know Scanlan won at 17. This girl is no Scanlan.

NJ Strange. Video was badly shot and she performed it like she was telling us something that she shouldn't be saying. Too close and horrible outfit choice and camera angle

NY Fresh, lovely, well spoken, great story. NY is going to give it another run. She is standout

OH Pageant girl from the 1990s. So disconnected. Odd video. What happened to her dummy? Thought at the end, she was going to be tackled.

OK Well spoken. Telegenic. Pretty. Great job. OK brings it year after year. She should continue the trend.

PA She is this year's Kelsey Griswold, without the star quality and the girl next door quality

RI Horrible speaking voice. Needs to breathe

SC "Hey" A prettier version of Miss CA. Talks so fast though, she cuts off ends of words

SD Pretty with gravel voice and Midwestern vowels

TN Pretty, but doesn't shine on camera. Video is a bit borning.

TX Very pretty, but comes off as a bit young. A little too planned. Kept wanting to yell out "Monique the camera is right here" She was always looking just off camera.

UT High pitched voice with little energy

WA Fresh, young, fun. Would like to see her be more featured on camera, but she is very real. Love to spend time with her

WV Please help her West Virginia. She has much promise and I want to love her, but someone needs to work with her

WI Possibilities. She speaks well and radiates on camera.

Replies:
Subject: I find it interesting that no one ever talks about Nina. Why is that?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:09:46 07/13/14 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Beauties

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:31:03 08/02/14 Sat

Replies:
Subject: MWSO finances in disarray update - Blog created with documents mentioned in original post at http://www.mwso-questions.blogspot.com/

Author:
concerned in Washington
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:49:51 08/09/14 Sat

A blog has been set up to post the documents mentioned in the original post about MWSO finances. http://www.mwso-questions.blogspot.com/ Take a look and see if you agree there are issues about the record keeping in the state. They continue to delete any posts on their message board about this and refuse to address any questions. If there is nothing wrong then why won't they say so and show us?

Replies:
Subject: AC Press:Being Miss America - Behind the rhinestone curtains

Author:
Cannot Wait
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:46:37 08/18/14 Mon

Miss America winner writes book documenting experiences

2 images
Kate Shindle stars as The Mad Hatter in the Broadway musical ‘Wonderland,’ currently playing at the Marquis Theatre in New York City. Shindle’s parents live in Brigantine.
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on pinterest_share More Sharing Services
By ELISA LALA Staff Writer | Posted 11 hours ago

Miss America 1998 Kate Shindle won’t be in attendance at this year’s competition in Atlantic City; she doubts she’d be welcome.

The former titleholder recently wrote a memoir, “Being Miss America: Behind the Rhinestone Curtain,” in which she shares her experiences of the year she spent living under the crown and the history of the organization that she says “changed her life.” But it’s not all sparkles.

And for that, the Miss America Organization may be unhappy with her.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if the Miss America Organization unilaterally doesn’t embrace this book because I’m critical of the internal struggles of the institution,” Shindle said. “My goal was to tell the story of Miss America through my lens. Every time a Miss America writes a book or makes an appearance they send out alerts, but they’ve been pretty radio silent on my book, and I have a feeling they know what they’re in for.”

In “Being Miss America,” which will go on sale Sept. 1, just days before this year’s Miss America finals on Sept. 14, Shindle shares what she sees as “mismanagement and leadership instability” over the course of the organization’s history and unethical moves made to maintain television ratings and make money, including partnering with Children’s Miracle Network hospitals.

“Keep Children’s Miracle Network around; it’s a great group that does wonderful things. But stop balancing the books on the backs of kids with terminal illnesses. It’s not only ethically reprehensible, it’s borderline fraudulent,” she said.

Shindle explains that under the terms of the agreement with Children’s Miricle Network, Miss America herself is to serve as an ambassador for CMN during her year, and the Miss America Organization receives “reportedly as much as 60 percent” of the joint profit.

Shindle, a native of South Jersey who currently lives in New York City, said her goal wasn’t to write an expose.

“I love Miss America and I want it to succeed. This organization changed my whole life, it made (me) a really passionate activist and gave me literally a platform to bring awareness to my passions, and there aren’t many nonprofit organizations that can do that for a 20-year-old, but it becomes frustrating when it seems clear to an observer that there are issues,” she said.

Her mission said was to create a road map for how this organization has evolved as a nonprofit and where “I think it has to go.”

She writes: “If Miss America is to survive, she will not survive because the Almighty God of Television somehow brought her enough viewers and advertisers in one particular year, or even in a string of years. She will not survive because she successfully panders to the lowest common denominator; this approach is antithetical not only to building a brand, but to crafting Miss America’s brand in particular. Miss America will only survive if she decides exactly who she is, develops a lasting identity, and rejects the many temptations that run counter to that identity.

“But before any of that can occur, the organization needs to get its act together. Stop rewarding mediocrity. Let go of staff members who have been promoted to their level of incompetence. Organize the former Miss Americas who want to be involved, and send them out as ambassadors with a specific marketing message. The pageant has spent almost a century creating strong effective female leaders, but them it doesn’t really do much with them aside from inviting them to the show each year. It’s not only a waste of resources; it indicates that the people in charge don’t understand what the program accomplishes in the lives of very real women.”

As she predicted, the Miss America Organization isn’t too thrilled about the book.

In a statement to The Press of Atlantic City, officials said, “We have not had the chance to read the book. We were disappointed to learn from a reporter at the A.C. Press that a former Miss America, from 17 years ago, has chosen to take this path to advance whatever issues she might have.

Replies:
Subject: Sweetheart videos at http://www.newsbug.info/hoopeston_chronicle/sweetcorn_festival/

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:43:43 08/20/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Branding Problem

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:52:45 08/06/14 Wed

I saw another post you-know-where and because we know that the teens, their program, and everything about it is untouchable, I'll say it here.

Some people seem to think the title of "Miss America's Outstanding Teen" is lame, bad, etc. I wholeheartedly agree. I do understand that there are other systems with better names. But when I think of Miss America's Outstanding Teen, it just reminds me of the girl in high school that you hated. It doesn't even sound fun. It sounds like an overachiever, the one whose nose was in a book, who had to get into the best college, who was the president of everything. I almost think Sweetheart would be better, but that is also taken. Furthermore, I hate sitting through OT pageants because instead of referring to them as even City/County everything has to be said with "outstanding teen" at the end of it. I just think with a different name, it might be a better reception.

What would you like to see it be called? I think something that was lyrical, something maybe like "Miss America's Legacy" or "Miss America's Future".

Replies:
Subject: The Miss America pageant is in a few weeks and we can't get a decent picture of the current Miss America at the top of this board? In fact before the teen winner there were other random photos at the top. This board sure is unofficial alright but officially irrelevant.

Author:
unbiased my a$$
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:18:26 08/22/14 Fri

Replies:
Subject: How Ironic Chris Harrison Asks Miss Alabama Who ended up winning a question

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:49:32 08/20/14 Wed

BTW Please dont ever call the girls in this slow method again.

Replies:
Subject: Is it true no state has a Tony Bowls gown yet? If so this is shocking.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:00:11 08/18/14 Mon

Replies:
Subject: I wonder what's going on with the new MAOTeen?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:59:37 08/15/14 Fri

During Rachel Wyatt's year as MAOT she created the Instagram Rachelmaoteen. When you are the national titleholder your are required to deactivate your Facebook account and any other personal social media.
However, I assume that since Instagram is just pictures with limited words she was able to get approval for an Instagram account. Probably because Instagram is a huge way that teens interact with each other and see what's going on with their friends. When Leah Sykes became MAOT Rachel turned over the account to her and changed the name of the Instagram to leahmaoteen.
Leah did an amazing job at communicating through this outlet and keeping everyone up to date all year with what she was doing.
On Saturday night when Leah crowned Olivia she posted one last time giving thanks, reflecting on her year and saying "Welcome to the sisterhood, this Instagram is officially yours. The name changed right away to Oliviamaoteen.
Many days pasted with no post at all from Oliviamaoteen. Not a "thank you" not a "wow I'm excited for the year ahead" nothing.
It seemed so odd considering that both Leah and Rachel were so active.
Then all of a sudden 2 days ago the Instagram name changed to maoteenorg. Olivia's name is gone.
Does anyone know why?

Replies:
Subject: 2015 Pageant Requests

Author:
no name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:42:10 08/17/14 Sun

After being bored I re watched the 2014 pageant and yes it was nice to see AC again. However, here is what I would like to see this year

1. Get Rid of the loser lounge , its old and outdated, I'm sure the girls dont like it

2. If you are going to have formers there at least show their faces, last year they scanned the camera after the contestants where doing their production number but you saw no one

3. Go back to live indoor introductions and stop saying I am______ your Miss_______Announce your age

4. If you are going to announce prelim talent winners who did make the cut, show them!!

5. Stop skipping the announcement of the 1st runner up. Give her her moment.

6. Stop making all the finalists get into their talent outfit only not to be called, thats very dissappointing

I'm sure there are other changes, but those were the ones that bugged me the most

Replies:
Subject: To the person who posted about Rob Richards on the other board

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:03:05 08/17/14 Sun

I am not the moderator, but please, post your picture here. It probably will not be deleted. I think it was cruel to delete that. And here's why.

Miss America DOES have a relationship with our men and women in service. Since the 1960s, there was a USO Troupe. Our Miss Americas have traveled overseas a few years ago to cheer up the troops. Countless cadets over the years have escorted our young women to their local and state pageants. Miss Americas have visited military bases all throughout their reigns. So, if we lose one of our special young men, we all grieve.

Post the picture, and I promise we will all respect him and post our condolences.

Subject: What will happen if the contestants don't receive their gowns in time?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:53:18 08/07/14 Thu

There has been a lot of talk about the problems with the Tony Bowls process. It is 35 or 36 days from the crowning of Miss America. I don't know specifics, but I have been hearing that some contestants haven't consulted with him, dresses are not ready, etc. Of course, the contestants that play the game will say that their experience has been wonderful, etc. But to me, this has been a disaster in waiting from day 1.

So, if a contestant has to leave for Atlantic City, and they do not have a gown, should their be a backup plan in place? If you were a contestant, would you take a gown along? At least your state gown? I almost think you would have to. I really don't believe this is going to go off. You can't POSSIBLY do 53 gowns well in that short amount of time. The only other option is that a contestant gets a Tony Bowls gown at a local shop at this point, and have the alterations there. From what I understand, the local shops are doing the alterations, anyway.

Replies:
Subject: TOP 10 Thread:

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:56:23 08/08/14 Fri

Alphabetical order:

1) Alabama
2) California
3) Connecticut
4) Florida
5) Georgia
6) Idaho
7) Mississippi
8) Oklahoma
9) Texas
10) Virginia

Miss America 2015--toss up between CT and FL!!

Replies:
Subject: Question for those of you in the know, how true is it that MAO is cleaning out Florida and bringing in Tel Air (Florida USA owners) to take it over. Tel Air has been all over the Florida board the past couple weeks and says "Jersey" is in talks with him to take over the state! As a former for both systems I cannot tell you how horrible this would be for MAO!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:29:46 08/01/14 Fri

Replies:
Subject: One panel or two panels?

Author:
pageant flan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:53:10 08/14/14 Thu

After changing it up last year, the MAO is back to having the same people judge prelims and the final telecast. Does it change things? Does it mean they were unhappy with the result last year?

I think I prefer the two-panels approach. That way, the judges see what the audience sees. The judges are working from the same information as the viewers and won't keep choosing someone with a weak SS or Talent or something because they fell in love with her interview, the interview the audience can't judge because they weren't there.

Given that the vast, vast, majority of the people who watch Miss America only have exposure to her the night they watch the show, picking a winner that makes sense to them probably helps ensure people still watch.

Also, no professional singers, dancers, or instrumentalists this year. That's new. I'd say it means talent won't matter, but honestly, when does it ever?

Subject: MAOT 2015 Top 12

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:30:01 08/02/14 Sat

1. PC - North Dakota
2. PC - Virgin Islands
3. Colorado
4. Virginia
5. Nebraska
6. Georgia
7. Michigan
8. Pennsylvania
9. Texas
10. Florida
11. Tennessee
12. Alabama

Replies:
Subject: Favorite photo out of Disney

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:42:48 08/02/14 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Ernie

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:31:12 08/14/14 Thu

Before a major kerfluffle happens, can you please confirm if Lee Meriwether judged Marina Inserra or not? Now granted, the tin foil hat people are not going to believe you anyway, but perhaps reasonable minds will get what you are saying.

Subject: Judges

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:34:33 08/12/14 Tue

Has anyone heard anything about judges yet? There are 32 days until the pageant, and the contestants leave in about 2.5 weeks. Usually they have announced it on GMA in the past. I even checked the MAO site and they don't even announce that they are having an announcement. Didn't we usually know by now in years past?

Replies:
Subject: Washington State finances in disarray?

Author:
concerned
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:05:14 07/28/14 Mon

As a long time supporter of the Miss America and Washington programs I was alarmed when I received an email with very disturbing contents showing documents that support concerns on the financials of the MWSO organization. Based on censorship and unresponsiveness at the state level I would like to “hold the feet to the fire” of the Miss America organization to address these concerns by posting this on the message board. Here are the contents of the letter in the email. If you care about the Miss America program and want to preserve the integrity of the program these concerns need to be fully addressed and not swept under the carpet. . I dread having the media turn a spotlight on this issue before it is resolved.
To the MWSO Board of Directors:
Four sets of Miss Washington Scholarship Org. (MWSO) financial documents for the year ending 2012 are enclosed (UBI 60198600). Part of the documents were provided at the fall meeting while others are public documents.
NONE of the 2012 financial figures match. The total income, expense and net gain/loss figures do not match.
“A” = The 2012 IRS 990 tax filing states a $10,000 net loss.
“B” = The 2012 income and expense report provided by your president to other states a $10,000 net gain ($20,000 difference, along with a myriad of line item discrepancies (see report for list of discrepancies).
“C” = the 2012 Miss America report states a $25,000 net gain. (a $35,000 difference from the IRS form)
“D” = Secretary of State Charities Division application states yet another set of 2012 income and expense figures.
Which document is factual? Is it the 2012 report sent to the Miss America office stating $25,000 net GAIN or the IRS 2012 filing of a net LOSS of $10,000? Or is it the 2012 income and expense report of $10,000 GAIN? Has the board been apprised of these discrepancies? If so, has anything been done to have an open review of the books to find out what other discrepancies there are.
A not-for-profit board of directors should be receiving regular financial reports that match the monthly bank account to unequivocally confirm no egregious mistakes or fraud is occurring on the board’s watch. In MWSO’s case it has been 7-8 years of no financial reports provided.
The questions surrounding the lack of transparency have become widely known to the MWSO family and is spreading beyond our community. Amid concerns that state agencies are now being asked to look into MWSO’s practices, it is incumbent upon you to insist on having an independent outside audit performed of the books for the past several years, and to take appropriate action based on the findings of the report. Doing so prior to a state agency becoming involved will help diffuse the board’s inaction and I hope provide you some personal legal cover.
Please know that Directors and Officers insurance does not provide any legal cover when directors have not done their job of forcing transparency in the face of none. Board inaction relieves D&O insurance companies from covering board member. Retiring from the board also does not provide cover. Directors are held responsible for any years they were involved.
As a director, “trusting” alone is very problematic. A board’s fiduciary responsibility is to verify, not simply trust. With people privately questions why the board has stayed quiet on something so vital, it’s imperative you now become the majority vote and take a stand for financial openness and transparency.
It is my understanding that the Washington Scholarship Foundation (WSF) has asked MWSO for financials, (your only 501©3 charitable option for sponsors) but MWSO leadership has declined. If WSF terminates their relationship with MWSO, it not only looks suspect to the pageant family, but to the sponsors and community at large.
For your own sake, it is imperative that you restore the financial integrity and transparency of the organization.
CC: (For transparency, you may forward)
MWSO Local’s Association Executive Board
Miss Washington’s Outstanding Teen Co-Executive Director
Miss Washington Alumni Association President
Washington Scholarship Foundation President
Miss America Organization

Replies:
Subject: Help me understand this board, please

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:57:09 08/08/14 Fri

Why/how are old threads bumped and there's no new material in them? I'm looking at one that had the last post in July - yet it appears towards the top, while one that had a post today is several threads below. How does this happen?

Replies:
Subject: Do you people need a sky writer before you get the message?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:18:19 07/28/14 Mon

These are the two IP addresses from which all the anti-Smith posts originate.

ip70-180-176-117.lv.lv.cox.net/70.180.176.117

ip68-104-47-45.lv.lv.cox.net/68.104.47.45

It will not be tolerated. You will be permanently banned if I see another post going after the Smiths.

Replies:
Subject: Now that MAOT is over,when can we expect a new board for Miss Nevada and NVOT? I noticed the local scheduled for this month has been put on hold...

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:27:37 08/06/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Just to clarify. Nowhere in ANY state contract is there an exception to the NO COMPETE clause. As of a year or so ago, ALL STATE CONTRACTS in the MAO are the same. They state that once a contestant wins a local title they are NOT allowed to hold any other title in any other pageant system. There are no exceptions. All contestants sign this contract. As a result, if a MAO titleholder won their state while also holding another title in another system, the MAO would NOT allow her to compete at the national level. It's all in writing, you can find it on many of the state websites. These "verbal Okays" by state boards to compete regardless of other titles is unethical and goes against their state contracts.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:59:06 07/25/14 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Ladies

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:58:14 08/02/14 Sat

Replies:
Subject: MAOT Awards- Congeniality

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:51:59 08/02/14 Sat

I don't know all of the award winners from the post pageant festivities. However, I did find out who congeniality is and felt the need to share it here.

Miss Congeniality at MAOT was Miss Nevada's Outstanding Teen. That's right. Amy Smith won congeniality. If that doesn't speak volumes about herself, as well as all of the teens that stood by her side through this whole ordeal, I don't know what does.

Please keep this in mind next time you want to bash any other teenager, especially (but not only) this one. If 53 teenagers can stick together through craziness and still stay supportive of each other, who are we to judge and be hateful behind an anonymous message board?

Replies:
Subject: Great article about the new MAOT

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:22:24 08/04/14 Mon

http://www.macon.com/2014/07/31/3227240/grisamore-northside-high-senior.html

Subject: I was banned from guru for saying I can't believe Nina said Mallory was fat...... LOL

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:21:45 08/02/14 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Awards at OT

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:50:08 08/02/14 Sat

Photogenic: Miss VT OT
Non-finalist Interview: Miss AR OT
Teens In Action award: Miss NV OT
Congeniality: Miss NV OT (very happy about this, given the past week)

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone think Smith will place in top 10 or 5?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:27:15 07/29/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: New Topic: the Miss contestants

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:09:35 08/01/14 Fri

There's two reasons I'm posting this here: One, if you don't agree with the general consensus on guru, you can get torn to shreads and two, I'd like to delve into lots of discussion about the Miss contestants that has nothing to do with the Nevada OT situation.

So today, as I'm sure many of you know is the by day between prelims and finals for the teens. It's also the day that the miss contestants get to spend the day at Disney World. These girls were on the bus headed to Disney World at 6:00 am. That's right. They had 14 hours put in today enjoying the park, filming for their pageant and showing their Disney Side. Of course in the midst of that, there was plenty of social media posting done. After scoping out many, many Instagram accounts, I finally felt like I got some girls. I got to see what they really look like. I got to see personality. And let me just say, I loved it. I so wish I could post photos but unfortunately, I will never be able to do that on these boards.

So anyways, a couple of girls caught my eye and I want to focus on the good from what I saw today. So here are my standouts as of now:

Georgia- In all honesty, I wasn't a fan of Maggie's until today. I wanted to like her so much but I just couldn't. But in the pics I saw of her today, she seemed fun! I wanted to be around her. And on top of that, as the transition of the day came and her hair went from down to up (I'm assuming thanks to the hot weather and being outside for so long) I found her much more appealing. In what is considered the "hot and sweaty" state, she looked so naturally beautiful and that is a hard feat to pull off. So I'm happy to say, I'm now on the Maggie bandwagon and if she can channel the personality I saw at Miss America, I can see her going very far.

New York- Kira is another one I just haven't gotten. Then all of a sudden I see her pics out and about today and I got it. She, too, seems to have such a fun-loving personality and I could totally see her pulling a three-peat for NY. She even took a chance and wore Bermuda shorts today, instead of the typical, mid-thigh to shorter shorts the girls usually wear and poked fun at herself for it. She has exuded confidence this week and her styling has been on point for the most part and definitely rememberable. I'm glad to say this beauty has proved me wrong too!

Florida- I didn't really know much about Victoria until she was Miss Florida and Elizabeth Fechtel wasn't. And I adored Fechtel all the way back to her teen days. But Victoria has looked stunning in Orlando and stood out just as much in candids. I'm expecting great things out of this girl.

Oklahoma- I know nothing about Alex. Absolutely nothing but what I've read on pageant boards. And most of it has said she had a weak talent. Throw in the fact that I have been a fan of her look at all this week and I started to think "is this really Oklahoma?" But then I saw candids today and am starting to change my tune. Alex is quite a beauty in natural light and I expect she will convey that perfectly once September hits. Throw in a video of her dancing with Prince Charming and I'm sold. I suspect the naysayers are wrong and she'll make OK proud.

So who are some of your new favorites after this week?

Take a chance to check out the girls Instagram accounts, too, if you get the chance!

Note: These aren't my only faves, but they stood out to me the most out of what I saw today.

Replies:
Subject: Miss Teen USA

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:10:51 08/02/14 Sat

Erin Brady hosting!

Replies:
Subject: Another article

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:01:08 07/25/14 Fri

By MIKE WEATHERFORD
LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL
They crowned the wrong teen queen. Now two Nevada girls may be headed to Miss America’s Outstanding Teen Pageant in Orlando, Fla.

After parents of other contestants challenged the results and pushed for an audit, national pageant officials agreed there were “scoring irregularities” in the June 1 state competition that crowned 15-year-old Amy Smith of Henderson as Miss Nevada’s Outstanding Teen.

Contestants including Smith begin gathering in Orlando Friday for the contest that culminates Aug. 2.

A news release attributed to Donna Bozarth, chairman of the pageant’s national board, said the “unfortunate situation” has resulted in the decision that “there could be two winners,” and that “each of them individually would receive the recognition and awards for being Miss Nevada’s Outstanding Teen and would compete separately in the national competition in Orlando.”

However, the rightful winner — said to be Haleyann Hart of Henderson — was not named in the release, and only Smith and her family had agreed to the proposal on Thursday.

“An agreement has not yet been reached with the other young lady, but we are hopeful that a resolution can be reached so that she can participate in the national competition and represent the state of Nevada as well,” the statement continued.

Hart’s mother, Marcia Cope-Hart, said Thursday she could not comment on the situation.

Amy’s father, Rick Smith, was traveling to Orlando on Thursday but emailed a statement to the Review-Journal. “Amy was crowned Miss Nevada’s Outstanding Teen on June 1. Since that time she has continued uninterrupted in that capacity and will represent the State in the national (pageant). Other questions are beyond me, and would need to be directed to national organization.”

Amy Hacker, state executive director of the Miss Nevada Organization, could not be reached for comment Thursday.

The state competition already was newsworthy for the rarity of having two sisters win twin titles. Ellie Smith, a previous Miss Nevada Outstanding Teen, was crowned Miss Nevada in the competition for ages 17 through 24 and will go on to compete in the Miss America pageant.

The sisters live in Henderson but traveled to Elko to compete in a less-crowded preliminary, the Miss Northeast Nevada Contest.

When Amy Smith also won the state finals competition held at the Las Vegas Academy, parents and other pageant officials challenged the results based on several factors. Primarily, Hart was the announced winner of the teen talent award, so the proportionate percentage of scoring for that award should automatically have placed her among the five top finalists.

Instead, the five finalists excluded Hart and included three 13-year-old first-year contestants, which parents cited as another red flag.

After the contest, it was determined that Hart won the interview portion of the competition as well.

In a July 17 letter obtained by the Review-Journal, Bozarth told parents: “I have spoken to most of you in the past 2 days with the news that there was a scoring error due to an incorrect ballot being used in the Scholastic Achievement portion of the competition. When our national auditor in Orlando reviewed the ballots for a re-audit of the scores, he immediately noticed the error because the scores were so inflated.

“Our auditor, using the original ballots, re-entered the Private Interview, Lifestyle and Fitness in Sportswear, Talent, and Evening Wear & Onstage Question on to the tally sheet. He then entered the correct Scholastic Achievement Scores, which resulted in a different top 5.”

Contact reporter Mike Weatherford at mweatherford@reviewjournal.com or 702-383-0288.

Replies:
Subject: Current Miss Favorites...

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:37:33 08/01/14 Fri

Top 5

TX
MS
CT
CA
ID

Replies:
Subject: I'm trying to find out how to get access to the MAOT webcast tonight. Also, when does it start?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:37:59 08/02/14 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Just a thought, but maybe all state pageants should be held by May 1st.

Author:
Then if there is ANY issues, it can be addressed without worrying about Nationals .
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:48:53 07/27/14 Sun

Replies:
Subject: New article in Review Journal... Only one Nevada teen competing in national pageant

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:49:07 07/29/14 Tue

By MIKE WEATHERFORD
LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL
An unusual offer to have two Nevada teens compete side by side in Miss America’s Outstanding Teen Pageant did not come to pass, leaving only one Nevada contestant in Orlando, Fla., this week.

Last week, national pageant officials confirmed “scoring irregularities” resulted in the wrong winner being named Miss Nevada’s Outstanding Teen. The proposed answer was to declare “two winners” and to invite the second one to compete separately in the national pageant with previously announced winner Amy Smith of Henderson. But on Tuesday, a statement from Steve Frocchi, the pageant’s vice president of marketing and business development, said, “We have one representative from each state.”

A July 20 email shared with the Review-Journal, attributed to Donna Bozarth, chairwoman of the pageant’s national board, states the actual winner is Haleyann Hart and Smith is runner-up.

Replies:
Subject: You all wonder why everyone goes to the Guru board and it's because MNOT is still being discussed. What's happening at MAOT?!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:41:40 07/31/14 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Since you're NOT allowed to express an honest opinion on GURU:

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:25:26 07/30/14 Wed

Re Miss candids:

Oklahoma--very pretty but looks 37.
Connecticut--very beautiful face and hair.
Texas--pretty but disappointing.
West Virginia--NOT pretty at all
North Dakota--OK--hair is too much
New York--seems like a nice girl but very strange looking face.
Louisiana--NOT a looker to say the least.
Mississippi--hair looks great but her eyes are weird looking.
Minnesota--no.
Oregon-cute but mousey looking.
Virginia--I like her a lot.
North Carolina--NOT pretty.
Ohio-ok, that's it.

Replies:
Subject: Who looks good for MAOT talent tonight for prelim #1?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:04:28 07/29/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Capitalization of Phases of Competition for a Pageant Script

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:12:32 07/30/14 Wed

So, I have a strange question, but being the perfectionist I am, I need some insight from some of you grammar experts regarding some capitalization rules. I am writing a script for our local pageant, and I'm wondering what letters (if any) in the different phases of competition should be capitalized. For example: if the sentence read, "We now present our contestants in the Lifestyle and Fitness in Swimsuit Competition." Should all those letters be capitalized? Or should it be "We now present our contestants in the Lifestyle and Fitness in Swimsuit competition." Or is it acceptable to write "We now present our contestants in the lifestyle and fitness in swimsuit competition." In my mind, none of the letters should be capitalized. I referenced the Miss America judging manual, and they were very inconsistent with what words were and weren't capitalized. I know that the only person reading the script is the emcee, but I've just been hung up with this, and want to know what is the correct form to be consistent throughout the entire script. Thanks for your help!

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone have any predictions for night two prelim winners at MAOT?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:15:50 07/29/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Solution to NV OT situation

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:41:09 07/26/14 Sat

I posted this on Guru but it was taken off in 10 minutes.
However, in all fairness, I think it was because someone posted a bad reply. I was not banned. It was gone before I saw the whole thing
but they had already forced me to pull out my "Angry" emoticon and trust me, I don't do that often.
In any regard, my solution to the NV OT fiasco, if of course, I was the national ED would be this....
First off, fire the entire existing NV committee. Second, cancel all upcoming local OT pageants. Third, send Smith to compete this year since she has already been crowned. Next year crown the other girl in a special ceremony on the Miss Nevada stage to give her her "moment", then send her to nationals. The upside for the second girl would be she would have and entire year to get prepared, plus you could order the NV committee to pay the entire wardrobe/trip expense for the girl and her family.
Well, I think that about wraps this up. Got another problem for me to solve?

Replies:
Subject: My prediction of what will occur

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:39:57 07/26/14 Sat

Only Amy Smith will represent NV at the pageant.
The true winner's lawyer will file a huge lawsuit against MAOT and Amy Hacker on the first prelim day.
The media will converge and will want to know what Amy Smith, her parents and Amy Hacker (all of whom at in Orlando) knew.
The true winner will go on all the national shows and tell her story. We will learn she won every single category, but was not included in the final ballot.
The Smith family will file a huge lawsuit after both daughters do nothing at their national pageants.
MAO will lose a lot of money.

Replies:
Subject: Dear Moderator, Are you really going to let the I Hate Amy person continue to run your message board? Can we move onto other things please?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:03:52 07/28/14 Mon

Subject: Letter from Donna Bozarth July 20th....(more MNOT info, winner announcement)

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:54:59 07/27/14 Sun

First, I would like to apologize to all of you for the incredible confusion and heartache this unnecessary incident has caused. Please be assured that there has not been a minute in the past 72 hours and beyond that I was not trying to bring this terrible situation to a fair conclusion. After hours of working with our attorney, we have determined that there is really no fair way to settle this but we have chosen what we feel is the fairest.
I am pleased to announce the following placement of the teens from the ballot on Saturday, July 19, 2014:
Winner – Haleyann Hart
1st RU – Amy Smith
2nd RU – Baylee Bernstein
3rd RU – Nasya Mancini
4th RU – Lauren Watson
Each of these teens will receive the prizes as announced at the pageant held in June. I believe the scholarship prizes are listed in the program book.
There will be an announcement in the next few days regarding Haleyann and Amy.
CONGRATULATIONS TO EACH OF THESE OUTSTANDING TEENS!!! Donna Bozarth

Replies:
Subject: Hope this isn't deleted again....Wow

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:49:56 07/27/14 Sun

Standing up for what's right these days and doing the right thing doesn't always prevail but, it looks as if progress is being made of this very messy matter. Now let's start looking more into the NV Miss also.

Replies:
Subject: Letter from Donna Bozarth July 17th (regarding MAOT, more info)

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:39:05 07/27/14 Sun

July 17, 2014

Dear Miss Nevada’s Outstanding Teen Parents,

I have spoken to most of you in the past 2 days with the news that there was a scoring error due to an incorrect ballot being used in the Scholastic Achievement portion of the competition. When our national auditor in Orlando reviewed the ballots for a re-audit of the scores, he immediately noticed the error because the scores were so inflated.
Our auditor, using the original ballots, re-entered the Private Interview, Lifestyle and Fitness in Sportswear, Talent, and Evening Wear & Onstage Question on to the tally sheet. He then entered the correct Scholastic Achievement Scores, which resulted in a different Top 5.
As we spoke of yesterday, the decision was made to have the correct Top 5 re-compete in front of the original judges and have the judges rank the correct Top 5 from 1 to 5.
Every effort has been made to bring the original 5 judges back to Nevada on Sunday to participate in this competition. Unfortunately, we are having difficulty getting this done on such short notice, although 3 of the 5 have committed to be available on Sunday and have already made their travel arrangements.
After consulting with counsel, we feel that it is not advisable to do this with only 3 of the 5 original judges. Counsel has suggested that we make arrangements for the following:
• A new final ballot will be produced with the correct Top 5 names.
• An independent auditor will send the ballots to the original five judges via email along with
instructions.
• The judges will individually rank the 5 contestants in the order they choose.
• The ballots will be returned to the auditor who will then send the decision to me.
• At that point, an announcement will be made regarding the results.
• If there is a change in the winner’s position, arrangements will be made to crown the winner.
Please keep in mind that these 5 judges have already seen all of the contestants in each phase of the competition.
Each of the Top 5 will receive the prizes that were given to the original top 5. The original Top 5 will keep all prizes.
I realize this is yet another change in an effort to be as fair as possible to everyone. We greatly appreciate your patience as we strive to right this wrong and maintain the integrity of the Miss America’s Outstanding Teen Organization.
Sincerely,
Donna Bozarth
Miss America’s Outstanding Teen, Inc.

Replies:
Subject: Miss West Virginia and Miss West Virginia's Outstanding Teen

Author:
Not sure I did this correctly... but they sure are pretty.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:37:51 07/27/14 Sun

Subject: OKay......fun post and survey

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:39:58 07/26/14 Sat

Well, it seems you haven't really arrived until you've been BANNED (at least once) by the fool running the Guru board....maybe we need to start a support group. LOL!! So, on that note, post here if you've been banned by Guru and for what "offense." Ready, set, go!!

Replies:
Subject: A message to all

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:54:09 07/24/14 Thu

I've been trying to decide what to do about allowing the posts about NV on the board without anything official being sent out. I decided to give a lot of leeway, but someone is now taking it too far. I will allow discussion about this. I will not allow this board to be used to shame a teenager into giving up her crown when it appears she has a legal right to keep it. This is for the lawyers to fight, not someone on a crusade. And I say someone because 95% of the things said about this girl and her family is coming from one poster. You can discuss it, but leave the teens alone.

Replies:
Subject: Absolutely! If the ED eliminated 3 of the 5 top five just to get a result of the girl she wanted as a winner, what do you suppose she probably did to the Miss contestants?? Hmmm, not to hard to figure out, right?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:57:51 07/22/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Miss Nevada investgation

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:15:46 07/24/14 Thu

Finally!!! There is another news source reporting on this so important story. If you google Vegasinc you will find the article about the two teens competing in the MNOT and about how haileyanne was indeed leading the scoring in the competition. It's amazing to me that they don't even mention the name Hailey at all....yet we all know who their talking about. Unbelievable what's going on here. Truth is getting out there!!!

Replies:
Subject: Cinderella Internationals

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:39:42 07/23/14 Wed

Could someone explain the judging system at Cinderella Int'ls? I don't quite understand how they do it if they don't use points when there are 75 or so contestants in a division.

Replies:
Subject: What the Nevada decisions could mean to MAO

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:50:19 07/24/14 Thu

If indeed MAO/MAOT has allowed the original winner and the leader after prelims to both compete at nationals, doesn't it hurt their other decisions this season?
Miss DE and CO's OT both had their titles removed because of not fulfilling age requirements. Both clearly stated their ages and were okay by state (and in DE's case local) boards. They were not given an exception.
Miss FL was removed because of a tabulation error. Her state director knew about this for days, but still allowed Elizabeth to drop out of school and make significant changes in her life. Elizabeth wasn't given an exception.
Now, NVOT crowns a girl who was the clear points leader after prelims and who the Teen Director removed from the Top Five list. She was rightfully given the title, but the announced winner, who most likely wouldn't have beaten her in the final ballot is allowed to keep her title.
Why was she given an exception?
And more importantly, will MAOT/MAO making that exception not weaken their cases in all the other decisions they have made this summer.
I forsee more lawsuits and two Miss DEs being allowed to compete.

Replies:
Subject: How can this be?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:14:04 07/23/14 Wed

If both the actual winner and the original winner of Nevada OT can compete, why can't both Miss Floridas compete?

Why are they letting the name NVOT compete when she wasn't the actual winner?

Replies:
Subject: Mallory named one of the 30 Under 30, changing the face of fitness

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:35:40 07/21/14 Mon

http://www.fitocracy.com/knowledge/30-under-30-the-young-professionals-changing-the-face-of-fitness/

Way to go, Mallory!

Replies:
Subject: Miss Nevada investigation

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:19:04 07/22/14 Tue

The Smith Sisters also did indeed know the rules and broke many of them. Sharing the same hotel room....Abuse of cell phones...etc. There will be much more to come on this stuff, believe me. Oh, and the MAO shouldn't be as worried about a lawsuit from the smith Sisters as they should about a class action lawsuit from the other parents. Do the right thing!! Take there Crowns. They did not win fairly.

Replies:
Subject: what's the latest with the NVOT saga?

Author:
what a mess
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:22:23 07/22/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Miss DCOT, Cydney Taylor Hill is raising money to help offset the costs of traveling to Orlando to compete. Her mother has been diagnosed with breast cancer for the third time and any little bit of money would be greatly appreciated. To donate or read her story, visit this link: http://www.gofundme.com/DCOutstandingTeen (NT)

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:10:18 07/23/14 Wed

Archives: 12345678910 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a new public message:
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (optional):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.