[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: 04:17:53 04/22/15 Wed
At Spring Forum this past weekend, the 'leadership team' was announced.
Steven Oliveri is Pres and ED. Tim O'Guinn is Treasurer AND Judges Chair.
All the power in two people.
And scholarships were not announced, because there are none. They lost their funding from the city of Mansfield, their major sponsors, and are not a 501c3 anymore.
The theater demands up front payment, which is at least $20,000, so the money the girls raised from ad sales will be used to fund that. Last year they spent $106,000 on production and made $49,000 in ticket sales.
They can't cover their costs, how in the world will they fund any scholarships??
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
- WTF x 1,000 (NT) -- No name, 05:21:09 04/22/15 Wed
- these 2 people that used up PH scholarship money for whatever. WTG MA (NT) -- No name, 06:12:35 04/22/15 Wed
- Who's judging this train wreck? (NT) -- No name, 10:18:10 04/22/15 Wed
- Tim O'Guinn 'does the books' for SO. And he's the judges chair as well, so it's just as if SO is judges chair. SO is effectively running the entire program… just like Mr. Haskell. (NT) -- No name, 11:30:46 04/22/15 Wed
- they are worst. lol (NT) -- No name, 06:55:54 04/23/15 Thu
- Check out the long post regarding this on Ohio Voy: http://www.voy.com/209959/ (NT) -- No name, 12:00:23 04/24/15 Fri
- Under the license agreement the original holder is required to transfer all accounts, opertaing and scholarship to the successor licensee who will use the operating funds as it sees fit and administer the scholarship funds per the obligations but have full access to any excess. The original group agreed to those terms and is obligated to transfer the funds. Secondly, any organization can apply for 501 c 3 status and does not need years of financials. As a brand new organization it has no such history and is obligated only to create a budget as part of the application. Once applied, the applicant can inform people that they have applied and while their donation is not deductible until the determination letter says it is, once that letter arrives they can inform all donors of that fact and their donations are in fact deductible. Sorry to be the bearer of what you probably perceive as bad news but those are the objective facts. (NT) -- No name, 13:28:34 04/24/15 Fri
- First, according to the attorneys who reviewed the document, those are not the terms of the contract. Second, I just spoke with one of the top non-profit attorneys in the state and indeed, Oliveri will have to submit documentation for a non-profit. Third, we are in agreement- Oliveri can tell everyone he's applying, make any kind of promise to anyone, and it doesn't change the fact their donation is NOT tax deducible. No donation will be deducible during the 2-3 year application process. And you're assuming he will eventually be successful in receiving non-profit status, which is in no way guaranteed, or even probable in this case, so any promise is worth as much as Oliveri's reputation. (NT) -- Interesting that you replied here, rather than on Ohio's board Mark., 15:01:27 04/24/15 Fri
- First of all I am a lawyer. secondly I am not Mark and no, I am not from Ohio. Just offering comments. .the license agreement does require the transfer and in fact, MAO is supposed to be listed on all accounts so when the license is terminated MAO should have the immediate right to take over the accounts. Secondly, the Ohio folks can set up a c 3 that is not based on the operational elements of the oageant so individuals can take deductions. this could be their own scholarship foundation. It does not take two to three years to acquire. Most are completed in six to nine months. For the operational entity they can set it as a c 4 and that status can be self-declared. Like I said. I have no dog in the fight. I think it is terrible what is happening to Ohio. Shame on MAO for giving the pageant to these guys. (NT) -- No name, 17:20:33 04/24/15 Fri
- You can go online and look at the application for a c 3. It requires the organizing docs, the by laws, a budget with no back up, just numbers on a paper. As a brand new entity thee are no financials to submit and they cannot submit another entities financials as their own. Sorry. You got bum advice. (NT) -- No name, 17:23:20 04/24/15 Fri
- WOW. What is wrong with any body. (NT) -- No name, 11:05:54 04/27/15 Mon
- once again Steven is begging for money and no one is biting. (NT) -- No name, 07:52:33 05/06/15 Wed
- Please MA can you please tell us why you gave this porgram to them. They are messing it up again. Please take it away!!! (NT) -- No name, 05:45:28 05/08/15 Fri
- Wondering if they've found any money yet besides what they've gotten from the contestants/families?? (NT) -- No name, 10:20:24 05/13/15 Wed
- Ohio has not announced any scholarships, updated the web site with the winners from March, or put up headshots that they have had for nearly a month. (NT) -- No name, 14:16:57 05/13/15 Wed
- they have no money. (NT) -- No name, 15:46:14 05/13/15 Wed
- Get it together Ohio: 40 states have posted their head shots. Of the 34 other state pageants on or before June 20th, 23 have already posted their head shots. Also, of the 42 states I have stats for, 34 have more contestants than Ohio, with WV and WY having one less. Idaho- a state of 1.6 million people has more state contestants than Ohio with a population of 11.6 million. (NT) -- Since this was deleted from you-know-where..., 06:02:36 05/17/15 Sun
- Ohio is a disaster. I know of at least two other groups that submitted a proposal, and they were all ready to roll with websites and theaters booked. This is a disgrace. (NT) -- No name, 14:23:29 05/17/15 Sun
- you are so correct this is a shameful because Steven and his gang do not care only fro control. Please remeber that. (NT) -- No name, 16:53:36 05/17/15 Sun
- How do people know that bids are open to submit a proposal? (NT) -- No name, 00:05:59 05/18/15 Mon
- MAO sent out an email to a very narrow group of people back in late October/ early November. The only reason it went public at all was that the Mansfield News Journal picked up on it. (NT) -- No name, 07:13:04 05/18/15 Mon
- Why do you use the words "went public"? Are you saying it was intended to be private to just those it was emailed to? It was posted here, on guru, and the state board as soon as it came out. The News Journal picked up that the board's license was revoked by the MAO. I think from there they learned of the RFP. (NT) -- No name, 20:12:25 05/18/15 Mon
- I don't think it was intended to stay completely private, but note that there was no open media blitz in any of the big cities. Note that there was no announcement sent to universities. There were no press releases sent to student newspapers, commercial newspapers, or television / radio stations. It was just public enough to put out the illusion of "open bidding" without actually having open bidding. (NT) -- No name, 21:22:26 05/18/15 Mon
- The reason I asked is because we're supposed to be in the same position (a new franchise agreement) in CA. Nobody has heard anything about an RFP. It seems inappropriate or sneaky to solicit certain people that MAO might want as new director and/or CEO of a state org without opening it up to all who may be interested. Why all the secrecy until it's too late and then we end up with more scoundrels. (NT) -- No name, 12:59:51 05/19/15 Tue
- From someone in Ohio, don't waste your time. They already have the new ED; they're just going through the motions. I really believed in this program, and I'm brokenhearted to find out how the MAO really operates. Unprofessional is a compliment. The people that applied spent over $1,000 in printing and shipping, and at LEAST 400 hours preparing RFPs which required planning the entire year (pageant, scholarships, venue, events, fundraising, etc), 3 year financial plan, by laws, creating a board-- on and on. One was 100 pages; the other 60 something. It would have cost a minimum of $20,000 EACH to have these done by a consultant. I'm not even sure the 'winning' bidder submitted a proposal. I'm not sure the 'licensing committee' even knew there was a license up for bid! more. (NT) -- No name, 14:42:59 05/19/15 Tue
- The group they picked has lost all the major sponsors; lost the 501c3; have a HORRIBLE reputation in the town the pageant has been held for 40 years, and has said they don't have the money for scholarships. Well, so much for an RFP which asked for increasing scholarships! People in Ohio are sickened and pissed. I don't care if the MAO goes up in flames- as in is exposed in the media to the American public, to the IRS, and to the Attorney General. I'm confident that's the only way any shred of integrity will be ever be restored to this program. SH is an abomination, as is everyone that works for him. Yes, I'm bitter. I defended the MAO as the one TRUE pageant that was about more than T&A. It is, but those running it are SOLELY in it for themselves, and what they can make from gaming on who wins Miss America. Innocence shattered. (NT) -- No name, 14:52:34 05/19/15 Tue
- I have to agree with much of what you have written. I used to think badly of USA and Donald Trump's antics fir sensationalism. However, as I learn more about USA, and see the huge ratings, huge number of "likes" on FB and Instagram. There's no comparison. It's an efficiently run business. At least it's above-board that directors and the Donald all make money off it. They're not hiding anything. (NT) -- No name, 16:23:15 05/19/15 Tue
- Your words could have come out of my mouth, from start to finish. Disgusted, pissed, bitter, furious, and sickened are just a few words that describe how I feel about the situation. What MAO has done to Ohio has shattered all faith I had in this program (which used to be A LOT). I'm finished with it, as are many, many others in Ohio. So sad. (NT) -- No name, 19:09:40 05/19/15 Tue
- that is not true. please know the facts before printing. (NT) -- No name, 10:23:15 05/18/15 Mon
- Community Service Day this past weekend at this dirty old camp. (NT) -- No name, 16:24:41 05/18/15 Mon
- WOW thank you. You are one special person to speak the truth about SO and his group and the MAO. (NT) -- No name, 15:26:19 05/19/15 Tue
- they are crowning teen contestants in the parking lot in Zanesville now. What a joke. (NT) -- No name, 15:30:24 05/21/15 Thu
- not only our they crowning them in parking lots the deadline was over. they used a title that was already taken and cannot use it. (NT) -- No name, 18:36:47 05/21/15 Thu