Saturday, June 25, 2016 - Member logins with Firefox should now be operational.
VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567 ]

The Unofficial MAO Pageant Board

Congratulations to Miss America 2016, Georgia's Betty Cantrell!

State Websites Message Boards Twitter Accounts Blogs

Thank you to the moderator of the New England board for the links to all the other boards.
NOTE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS:
Problems? Contact the moderator at maoforummoderator@gmail.com

NOTE: You will be banned for bumping ridiculously old and long threads with nothing substantial to add to the conversation.

Subject: Last night's pageants

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:50:08 06/26/16 Sun

So, who are your standouts from last night? For me, definitely Rachel Wyatt winning SC. I also love that Laura Lee Lewis finally won MS. Seems she's been competing for years. What did the rest of you think of the state pageant results?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Subject: Watch the post crowning interviews........

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:06:41 06/25/16 Sat

They are very telling! Some girls communicate beautifully, some are just so-so, and some have a long way to go to be Miss A-ready. Who do you think looks ready to go?

Replies:
Subject: Are Mallory and Claire at Miss NY?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:17:39 05/29/16 Sun

I'm not in to all the gossip and past history, but I'm assuming that they are there? I see Kira is hosting, but maybe Claire and Mallory can't participate because they have clients competing??

Replies:
Subject: What happened here?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:26:05 05/10/16 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Hello

Author:
Helllo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:33:38 05/09/16 Mon

Replies:
Subject: CMN Donations

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:19:31 05/02/16 Mon

So, I donated to the CMN accounts to several girls in my state to help them meet the goal for competing at the next level. I did not receive any type of acknowledgement of this from any of them. I did this not only to help CMN, but because I also know of the expense required to compete at state, and I thought this could be some way that I could help them out. Is this typical that girls don't at least acknowledge this, even if it's an e-mail reply, as you're required to give your e-mail address when you make a donation. For girls that are suppose to be role models for doing the right thing, this doesn't seem very right to me.

Replies:
Subject: Can a teen compete in the same local as she held a title for the previous year? In other words compete for the same title

Author:
question
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:54:46 06/19/16 Sun

Replies:
Subject: SWEETHEART?!?!?!?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:39:08 04/29/16 Fri

EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️The Hoopeston Jaycees are pleased to announce a final decision has been made to continue the tradition of hosting the National Sweetheart Pageant in this year's 73rd National Sweetcorn Festival over Labor Day Weekend. Specific details will be shared within the next few weeks, with the application process then opening on May 15th. We want to thank everyone who has supported us throughout these past few difficult months and ask for your patience and understanding during the restructure and development of our 2016 pageant. Please share to help us spread the word. We are #sweetheartstrong ❤️

Replies:
Subject: If you are the owner of a gown shop can you judge?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:50:13 05/08/16 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone know the voy # for Miss IL America?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:14:06 06/16/16 Thu

Subject: What's wrong with voy?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:05:16 06/08/16 Wed

Subject: Saw Miss America in the parade today. I thoiught she did an amazing job on the song and looked beautiful

Author:
Jay
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:48:50 05/30/16 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Coaches, Donors, and scholarship dollars to the program.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:23:03 05/04/16 Wed

Why is ohio allow to have Henri's sponsor, coach, and etc. a special teen contestant on the program. We thought this was not allowed.

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone know why the Kentucky state ED stepped down?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:08:40 03/20/16 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Betty's Instagram states she will be a country singer? I'm not sure what changed her mind, or if it's for better or worse. What happened to Broadway?

Author:
Curious?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:40:02 05/25/16 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Well I guess I am behind, but I just read an article on line about Atlantic City probably defaulting on its debt this weekend. It says the revenue in the city has reached the point of being so bad that Atlantic City is expected to file for bankruptcy very soon. This would certainly explain wht they were suddenly so welcoming when the Pageant came back from Las Vegas. With an economy like that, any tourists, even the few thousand that Miss Maerica brings to town for a week, is better than having no one at all. Maybe its time for Miss America to say farewell to Atlantic City once and for all and move to a city where it would be welcomed and supported---say Nashville, Dallas, Atlanta, or Oklahoma City. Thoughts?

Author:
all for dumping A.C. like they dumped us when they thought they didnt need us
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:18:58 04/29/16 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Sam

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:22:44 04/20/16 Wed

With all the issues this pageant has, MAO is led by a nasty and catty little self-promoter still has the time to divert into things that do not matter. An example is all the effort he has devoted into sabotaging DEFINE, much less all the other consultants he has decided he does not like. Though I have no skin in that game, that alone defines what is wrong with his pageant.

The brand is dying. Though there may be some issues with the current girl's marketability, it's doubtful that this team would succeed with a budding superstar. The focus of the brand identity is gone, there is a rotating door in terms of sponsors, and sentiment aside , what organization with any future, chooses to join itself at the hip to Atlantic City?

Then there is the question of television ratings. Though it's admirable that ABC has allowed the pageant to buy time on a dead ratings night, you have to wonder who Sam can apologize to this year to pump up the ratings? In order to bring relevance to Miss America , it's leadership needs to be semi-receptive to all that has happened in the 21st century. That goes beyond posting selfies during the national broadcast. It means some focus on a platform component that is truly spoken of. It means seeking out contestants that are great communicators, able to project them selves adequately in speaking engagements and broadcast television.

Finally there are the optics of how things are done. There have been serious issues and abuses in many state organization. There has been a conscious effort to 'pay back" folks like Kate Shindle and Mallory Hagan for going rogue, and much less known attempts at economic retaliation against long respected figures like Valerie Clemons. The business relationship between CMN and MAO is south of transparent. The business of scholarships is well documented. The purging of hundreds of strong supporters in the volunteer ranks has decimated the grass roots of this program.

There is a culture of arrogance and cynicism towards any person or idea that might just help. Even uttering an unapproved thought, will buy it's author a blackball. That in and of itself is a recipe for disaster when things are going well. By every measure, things are not going well. In order to save this program, there needs to be leadership that is transparent, accountable, and competent. Instead we have this nasty little man, with his inexperienced and incompetent staff, and enabled by a stacked board of directors, who has forgotten the meaning of the term fiduciary responsibility.

Replies:
Subject: Way to go Shelli Yoder, Miss Indiana 1992! Beauty, talent and brains! http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/elections/indiana/2016/05/03/yoder-hollingsworth-win-9th-district-primaries/83602674/

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:49:44 05/04/16 Wed

Replies:
Archives: 1234567 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a new public message:
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (optional):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.