VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat for Free
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

The Unofficial MAO Pageant Board

Congratulations to Miss America 2015, Kira Kazanstev of New York!

State Websites Message Boards Twitter Accounts Blogs

Thank you to the moderator of the New England board for the links to all the other boards.
NOTE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS:
Problems? Contact the moderator at maoforummoderator@gmail.com

NOTE: You will be banned for bumping ridiculously old and long threads with nothing substantial to add to the conversation.

Subject: Help with shoes/sandals

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:19:40 05/08/15 Fri

It looks like I am developing a bunion on my foot, and it's gross. Does anyone have any suggestions on some good shoes or sandals that would cover it? The last thing you want to see is a bunion. It's not completely formed but the bone kind of pushes out. What I am saying it's not like an old person's bunion but they're very unattractive to me. Also, has anyone had success with preventing them from getting worse? Like, are there any treatments for them to stop protruding worse?

Any help is appreciated.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Ohio

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:17:53 04/22/15 Wed

At Spring Forum this past weekend, the 'leadership team' was announced.

Steven Oliveri is Pres and ED. Tim O'Guinn is Treasurer AND Judges Chair.

All the power in two people.

And scholarships were not announced, because there are none. They lost their funding from the city of Mansfield, their major sponsors, and are not a 501c3 anymore.

The theater demands up front payment, which is at least $20,000, so the money the girls raised from ad sales will be used to fund that. Last year they spent $106,000 on production and made $49,000 in ticket sales.

They can't cover their costs, how in the world will they fund any scholarships??

WTF MA?

Replies:
Subject: News- Kate Shindle was elected president of Actor's equity. http://variety.com/2015/legit/news/actors-equity-election-2015-1201502826/

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:06:58 05/21/15 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Was Miss VT tonight? Any news?

Author:
ChicoChika
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:02:27 04/25/15 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Last year's Miss VT 1st RU

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:40:54 03/31/15 Tue

We lost her to Miss USA.

Replies:
Subject: Prom dresses restricted

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:45:33 05/11/15 Mon

Here's one for the debaters on this board:

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/05/11/just-days-before-prom-shelton-high-school-warns-students-of-dres/21181961/?icid=maing-grid7%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl18%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D1516688139

Please watch the second video as well. It is about a Catholic school in PA where the nude look ala Kirsten Haglund is being banned. I think this debate is very interesting. I fall in the middle of this. I have seen some very risque prom dresses where I thought it was unbecoming to the TEENAGER wearing it. If a trashy celebrity ala Lopez or Kardashian puts it out there, some teens will aspire to it. I think there is a way to be sexy and express that while still keeping your body covered. Do I think it is wrong for a public school to try and keep a dress code? I think it's more appropriate for a private school. However, I think that banning the nude toned dresses is a bit much. It is not nudity, it just suggests it. And where do you draw the line between let's say a beige dress and a nude one? Too much open for interpretation. On the other hand, I do think teenagers are not astute enough at times to understand good decorum. I don't think it is wrong to try and have some standard of appropriate dress. Lord knows NOTHING is done in our media to encourage self-respect when it comes to dressing. I have a feeling at least some of the girls in question would look back 20 years later and not be happy about their choice in gown. And that's where I think it is at least okay to have some standards of dress. The problem is, where do you draw the line? What is okay and what is not? I personally don't feel showing a bit of midriff or sides is bad, but I draw the line with low cleavage.

And keep in mind, some of these women are old enough to compete at the Miss America pageant.

Wherever you fall, I think going forward in the future, schools need to be quite clear about this starting maybe in January. And I think if need be, they need to send home guidelines to parents that they need to return saying they understand the guidelines. If not, the student cannot be permitted to purchase prom tickets until it was signed. I do not think it is fair for parents to be out money like this for something they may not even know about. Look, I was a teenager. Many of us neglected to share things with our parents if we felt it cramped our lifestyle.

So, fun topic. What say you?

Replies:
Archives: 12345678910 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a new public message:
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (optional):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.