VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

Pageant Guru Message Board

Not affiliated with any pageant system

No Bashing and No Political Discussions

State Websites Social Media Message Boards Community

Subject: Agency under fire for downplaying beauty pageants’ sex appeal

Author:
Lisa Fickenscher (NY Post)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:17:13 01/17/17 Tue

WME/IMG’s first real chance at putting its fingerprints all over the Miss Universe, Miss USA and Miss Teen USA pageants is rubbing some people the wrong way.

Some local officials in the Miss Teen USA competition are upset that the talent agency is putting less emphasis on sex appeal and a greater focus on fitness.

Among its first moves as the new owner, WME/IMG eliminated the swimsuit portion of the Miss Teen USA contest — which features competitors ages 14 to 19 — in August, replacing it with an activewear segment to highlight the teens’ fitness over sex appeal.

“The girls are very proud of their bodies and work hard to get that way,” said Paula Miles, a state director who oversees the pageants in Louisiana, Alabama and the Carolinas.

“We are in the South and have beaches everywhere,” said Miles, reacting to WME/IMG’s decision to nix the swimsuit competition and replace it with contestants wearing tank tops, bicycle shorts, leggings, sneakers and the like — to show off their athleticism.

While upset about the change, Miles knows that going forward, “we have to [embrace] the activewear.”

For the Miss Universe pageant, which airs Jan. 29, the swimsuit competition will remain — but WME/IMG will have contestants walk out on stage in groups of four rather than one by one.

Michael Antinoro, the talent agency’s head of production and programming, thinks the changes are long overdue.

The beauty pageant business is about much more than “women walking on the stage in swimsuits and gowns and not messing up a question,” said Antinoro, who oversees the Miss Universe Organization, which includes Miss USA and Miss Teen USA.

The agency owned Miss Universe for just four months when last year’s pageant was held — not enough time to make major changes.

For this year’s pageant, to be broadcast by Fox, IMG’s changes will be clear.

The agency bought the pageants from President-elect Donald Trump in September 2015 after the New York billionaire got into hot water during the presidential campaign by denigrating some Mexican immigrants.

Broadcast-rights owner Univision dumped the shows, and NBCUniversal — which owned 51 percent of Miss Universe — looked to sell.

The snit resulted in a lawsuit. It was settled 11 months ago with Trump gaining full ownership.

He then flipped it to IMG for a reported $22 million.

Also, WME/IMG is looking to bring in more fashion designers.

“Anecdotally speaking, beauty pageants are not politically forward-thinking,” Antinoro said, adding that “we want to empower women to get away from [stereotypes like] ‘you look like a beauty queen.’”

The three-hour broadcast will also include more stories and video clips about the individual contestants.

Over the past year, producers traveled to 40 countries, filming about half of the 87 contestants in their daily lives.

Contestants will be asked more topical, weightier questions on subjects like gun control and politics.

One thing from 2016 will remain the same: Steve Harvey will be the host. Last year, Harvey created some instant viral video by announcing the wrong winner — before quickly correcting himself.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Speaking of Radio~Jasmine Murray past Miss Mississippi

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:10:04 12/27/16 Tue

Heard Jasmine Murray's new single "Fearless" on KLTY in Dallas. Did anyone know that she had signed a record deal? I didn't.

Replies:
Subject: AR Contestants

Author:
PageantGuru
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:16:34 10/14/16 Fri

Barfield, Kathryn (Texarkana Twin Rivers) (New)
Burrow, Hannah (Central Arkansas) (New)
Collins, Jade (Diamond Lakes)(2016-Top 15)(2015)(2014)(2013)
Collins, Kelli (Univ of Central Arkansas) (2016)(2015)
Copeland, Carly (AR Valley)(2016-Miss America State Scholar Award(2015)
Cornelius, Brook (Greater Little Rock) (2016-2nd R/U,Sloane Roberts Overall Dance Award,Hudgens Business Leadership Award,"We Are More" Award)(2015-Top 10, Hudgens Business Leadership Award)(2014-Anne Hardin Non Finalist Tapper Award, Miss America Community Service Award)(2015-Top 10 Semi-finalist, Prelim Alpha B Interview Award)
Dahlem, Darynne (University of Arkansas) (2016-Sarah Slocum Overall Interview Award,Mary Jane Mullins Non-Finality Interview Award)(2015-Top 10 Semi-finalist, Prelim Alpha B Interview Award)
Kuykendall, India (Lights of the Delta) (New)
Mitchell, Ebony (North Central Arkansas) (New)
Moses, Bailey (Northeast Arkansas)(2016-3rd R/U,QoL Award,Prelim SS Award)(2015-1st R/U, Katie Bailey Overall Swimsuit Award, Prelim SS Award)(2014-1st R/U, AR Sweetheart, National Sweetheart-4th R/U, Overall & Alpha SS/EG Awards, Prelim Alpha Talent Award, Alpha Interview Award)
Oliver, Hannah (River Delta) (New)
Oswalt, Madison (Ozark Mountain) (New)
Pitts, Emma (Johnson County) (New)
Purtle, Ashton Skyler (Ouachita River) (2016-4th R/U,Prelim SS and Talent Awards,Bringing Beauty to Life Award)
Raffo, Claudia (White River) (2015-3rd R/U, Overall EG Award)(2014-Overall Alpha Talent)
Rottinghaus, Mady (South Central Arkansas) (New)
Sylvester, Raygan (Northwest Arkansas) (New)(2014-Arkansas Collegiate)
Weatherley, Christian (Batesville) (New)
Wheelis, Reagan (Apple Blossom) (2016)(2015-Prelim Alpha Talent Award)
Williams, Kenzie (Metro) (2016)
Winn, Jacey (Gateway to the Ozarks)(2016-Top 15)(2015-4th R/U)(2014-Top 10, Overall Alpha Interview)
Yarbrough, Ashton (Heart of the Ozarks) (AROT - 2014,Non-finalist Interview in Orlando)

Last edited by author: Mon January 09, 2017 06:27:59   Edited 6 times.

Replies:
Subject: Do states require the local Miss organizations have an outstanding teen competition?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:40:37 01/16/17 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Question about first runners-up....

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:19:44 01/15/17 Sun

I was thinking about some of the great contestants from the 1980's who almost won Miss America, finishing as 1st runner-up. Does anyone know how many times the following competed on the state level before winning?
Paige Phillips (Alabama), Sandra Truitt (Illinois), Desiree Daniels (Tennessee), Suzette Charles (New Jersey), Melissa Bradley (Ohio), Sherry Thrift (South Carolina), Julianne Smith (Virginia), Patricia Brandt (Louisiana), Mya Walker (Colorado) and Virginia Cha (Maryland).

Replies:
Subject: NY Contestants

Author:
PageantGuru
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:28:03 10/12/16 Wed

Abdagic, Amanda (Revere) (2016)(2013)
Bolella, Rose, (Manhattan) (2016-People's Choice)
Chambers, Cedar (Pride of New York) (2016-Miracle Maker Award)
Chandak, Neetu (Seneca Falls) (New)
Davis, Ashley Marie (Richmond County) (2016)(2015-Top 10)
DeLuca, Allison (Staten Island) (New)
Federhen, Alexina (Metropolitan) (New)(2014-VTOT; Most Photogenic in Orlando)(2013-Miss Vermont High School America)(2012-USA Ambassador Jr Teen)
Graves, Heather (Fulton County) (New)
Grant, Olivia (Thousand Islands) (2014)
Hollingsworth, Brittney (Brooklyn) (New)
James, Sara (Fonda Fair) (New)
Manuel, Madison (Mohawk Valley) (2015)(2014)
Meadowcroft, Stephanie (Greater NYC) (MD - 2016-1st R/U, Overall Talent Award, Prelim SS and Talent Awards)(2014-3rd R/U)(2013-3rd R/U)(2012-Top 10)(MDOT - 2009)
Molella, Lauren (Copper City) (New)(2011 - NYOT)
Perpich, Mackenzie (Queens) (2016-4th R/U)(2015-4th R/U, Prelim Talent Award, Overall Interview Award)
St. Jean, Taisha (Apple Festival) (New)
Silen, Emma (Cosmopolitan) (2015)
Sinisi, Meghan (Central New York) (2016-2nd R/U, Prelim Talent Award)(2015-NFT Award)
Zesky, Nina (Liberty) (2016-Top 11, MAO Community Service Award)(2015-2nd runner up, NY Sweetheart, Top 15 @ National Sweetheart)(2014)

Last edited by author: Sun January 15, 2017 07:41:53   Edited 11 times.

Replies:
Subject: Sure, I'm a Pageant Girl

Author:
Lane Farrell
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:53:50 01/16/17 Mon

Everyone who competes in pageants has a story; I am no exception. This year I competed with over 180 other girls for the title Miss New York USA. The Miss Universe program is acknowledged as the most competitive pageant system, and the state of New York is one of the hardest to win. A record one hundred and eighty six girls competed this year.

My biggest take away from my first pageant was that you need to extensively research your competition. The Miss USA pageant is nothing more than a beauty pageant. They allegedly have a scholarship program, but that is a stretch. The scholarship is small and awarded only to an unremarkable school in upstate New York. I would be surprised to hear that any winner actually used their prize money.

If you have a career, extensive schooling and anything that passes as a talent you need to be competing in the Miss America system. More on that later.

Miss USA is not a scholarship program; however, it is an excellent beauty pageant. The competition is made up of three parts: interview, swim wear and evening gown. The interview is only two minutes long. The judges could not care less about your accomplishments, they only want to see that you can string a few words together without sounding daft (an accomplishment for some girls). You could say anything in interview if you answer the question they ask, and answer it confidently.

Anyone considering Miss New York USA should know that at least eighty percent of the girls have never competed in a pageant before. Quite a few girls posted on social media that they “qualified” and “were selected” to compete. Don’t be fooled, there is no selection process to become a state finalist. Anyone can pay to play, and pay you will… If you pay early you can compete to the tune of $1,300. If you wait you will pay $1,500. Miss USA is a business. They would have double the number of girls compete if they could. You are not special because you are selected, you are special because you chose to sign up.

The swimsuit competition is your chance to hit the runway. I don’t know many people that are thrilled at the prospect of strutting the stage in what may as well be lingerie. Deciding to step on the runway is a massive accomplishment. The pageant asks that you wear a solid color suit, and if you want to win you will wear a bikini that shows off your fabulous spray tan.

image1

During this portion of the competition it becomes obvious how many girls are uncomfortable with their bodies. I cannot count how many vegan, calorie counting machines I met competition weekend. Fortunately, I am a long distance runner and that takes care of my body well enough. I didn’t diet extensively for the competition. To fuel my body for long distance running I have to feed myself well. I do not run so that I can compete. Running is my lifestyle, the pageant was a two-day event. The pageant certainly motivated me to be a more diligent runner, but that is just the beginning. I will run for the rest of my life.

I witnessed so many ladies making changes in their lifestyle just for the pageant. What good is it to develop new, healthy habits if they do not last?

image2-1
The second most prevalent mistake I noticed were girls competing who could not afford to. If you are going to compete in the Miss USA system you need to have at least $2,500 readily available. The entry fee is too steep to halfway commit. You need a professionally done headshot, hair and makeup (unless you are a makeup artist or stylist yourself), and you need a stunning gown. If you can’t afford it don’t compete, it is most likely going to lead to regret. A girl this weekend told me she was feeling pessimistic about the finals, and that she was upset because this was her vacation money… I gave her the best advice I could, “It’s not about being pessimistic, it’s statistics. You have a 1 out of 186 chance of winning. That’s less than a one percent.” There were at least fifty girls this weekend competing that won the genetic lottery. Any of one of those fifty could have won and nobody would have batted an eye, the prettiest girl there had a 2% chance of success.

If you don’t have the money compete in Miss America system. They only ask that you fundraise $100 dollars to compete. That is a much more palatable entry fee. Miss America is truly a scholarship program, not an enterprise. They want girls who have talent, they want girls with a resume. If I compete again it will be for their Miss Manhattan title.

I competed for Miss New York USA because I am proud of myself. I am proud of my body. I am proud that I am successfully recovering from sexual assault. I am proud that I have a career. I walked away from this weekend realizing that I am a winner because unlike most girls I have an incredible life waiting on me. My title for the weekend was Miss Wall Street which said it all. I am blessed beyond reason. I love my life, I love my family and friends, and most importantly I love myself just the way I am.

If anything, do it for the photos! I can't wait to get the professional ones.

Replies:
Subject: 2017-18 MAO "CROWNING" DATES

Author:
Dame-Edweena
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:16:34 01/02/17 Mon

Happy New Year, Darlings! As promised, here are the 2017 State Pageant 'Crowning' Dates (less a few that are currently unknown). Enjoy!

APRIL
21 - VT
29 - NH

MAY
27 – RI
28 - NY

JUNE
8 – AK
10 – AL, HI, ID, KS, NE, ND, OK
17 – AR, DE, GA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NM, NV, OH, PA, SD, UT, WI
18 – DC
24 – AZ, CO, CT, IA, LA, MD, MS, NC, SC, TN, VA
25 - WV

JULY
1 – CA, FL, KY, MA, OR, TX, WA

SEARCHING FOR CROWNING DATE ???
ME – MT – PR – WY

[I will continue to 'edit' as we learn the date(s) for the remaining pageants...]

Last edited by author: Thu January 12, 2017 08:58:00   Edited 9 times.

Replies:
Subject: Miss NH Contestants (original info from Pageant Guru)

Author:
Collage Queen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:28:22 01/14/17 Sat

Belanger, Alainna (Kingston) (2016)(2015-NFT Winner, Prelim Talent Winner)
Bogardus, Emma (Littleton Area) (New)
Burke, Bonnie (Strafford County) (New)
Cunningham, Megan (White Mountains Region) (New)
El-Sayed, Jana (Winnipesaukee) (2016)(2015)
Flahive, Kacie (Gate City) (New)
Gatchell, Brooke (Souhegan Valley) (2016)
Gile, Shawna (Lake Sunapee Region) (2016)
Henry, Elizabeth (Lakes Region) (New)
Iacuzio, Stephanie (Bedford) (2016)(2015)(2014-Top 10)(2013)
Kurto, Kylee (Merrimack) (New)
Larocque, Mariah (Greater Derry) (2016-3rd R/U)(2015)
LoDuca, Alexa (Greater Plaistow) (New)
Mackes, Samantha (Exeter) (2016-Top 10, Prelim SS Award)(2015)(2014)
Marsh, Ashley (University) (New)
Masso-Glidden, Katie (Capital Area) (2016-4th R/U)
Mastin, Delaney (Rockingham County) (2015-4th R/U)
Mills, Brooke (Weirs Beach) (New)
Missert, Kaley (Londonberry) (2016)
Murphy, Reagan (Berlin-Gorham) (New)
Orfao, Grace (Hooksett) (New)
Patnaude, Laura (Liberty) (2016)
Percy, Lauren (Auburn) (2016-1st R/U, Overall Interview Award)(2015-3rd R/U)(2013)(NHOT - 2011)
Smith, Katie (Goffstown) (2016-2nd R/U, Prelim SS Award)(2015-NHDYW)
Soucy, Kaitlin (Manchester) (New)
Stone, Blair (Granite State) (New)
Tubbs, Sarah (Seacoast) (2016-Top 10)(2015-1st R/U, NH Sweetheart, People's Choice @ National Sweetheart)
White, Sarah (Portsmouth Area) (2016-Top 10)

Replies:
Subject: State hopping Miss Americas

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:56:31 01/16/17 Mon

Which Miss Americas competed in more than one state? The ones that come to mind are Debbie Maffett (Texas & CALIFORNIA), Kaye Lani Rae Rafko (Ohio & MICHIGAN), Debbye Turner (Arkansas & MISSOURI), Marjorie Vincent (North Carolina & ILLINOIS), Kim Aiken (North Carolina & SOUTH CAROLINA), Tara Holland (Florida & KANSAS), Heather French (Ohio & KENTUCKY) and Nicole Johnson (Florida & VIRGINIA). Any others???

Replies:
Subject: GA Contestants

Author:
PageantGuru
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:14:37 10/15/16 Sat

Ayala, Faith (NE Georgia) (New)
Barden, Jazmine (Presidential Pathways) (New)
Beasley, Alyssa (Southeast GA)(2016-2nd R/U,Overall Talent Award,Prelim Talent Award,Prelim SS Award)
Boyette, Faith (Wayne County) (New)
Brooks, Taylor (Yellow Daisy Festival) (New)
Burrell, A'Leah (North Georgia) (New)
Burrell, Taylor (Apple Capital) (New)
Campos, Rosa (Stone Mountain) (2016-Top 15)(2015-Top 10)
Caruth, Austin (Hummingbird Festival) (2015)(2014)(2013)
Davis, Bryanna (Classic City (New)
DeLoach, Sarah (International City) (2016-4th R/U, Prelim SS Award)
Gargiulo, Stephanie (Coastal Empire) (2016)(2015)
Griffins, Allie (Historic Southern Plains) (2016)
Guzman, Chari (Cobb County) (2016-3rd R/U, Prelim Talent Award)
Harlow, Emily (Gwinnett County) (2016-NFT Award)
Heide, Michaela (Paulding County) (New)
Hercules, Seychelle (Columbus County) (New)
Hillman, Sydney (Rome)(2016-Top 15)(2015)(2014)
Hinesley, Courtney (Magnolia) (2015-Miracle Maker Award)(2014-Non-Finalist Interview)(2013-Prelim SS Winner)
Hinton, Charlotte (Cherokee Rose) (New)
Johnson, Megan (Middle West GA) (2016)(2015)
Jorgensen, Annie (Historic Buford)(2016-Semifinalist)(WIOT - 2011)
Kenerly, Jameson (Capital City) (New)(GAOT - 2012, 3rd R/U in Orlando, Preliminary Talent, Advertising Award, Outstanding Achievement in Academic Life)
LaVant, Destiny (Altahama) (2016)
Little, Savanna (Lake Lanier) (New)
Marable, MacKenzie (Macon) (2016-Prelim SS Award)(2013-NFI Award)
Murphy, Shannon (Kennesaw) (New)
Pritchett, Gillian (Pickens) (New)
Richardson, Lindsey (Warner Robins) (New)
Sherrod, Brittany (Emmanuel County) (New)
Smith, Paula (Atlanta)(2016-Semifinalist)(2015- OK Top 16, Prelim Talent Winner-Rookie and Overall)
Todd, Malloreigh (Heart of the South) (New)
Tyler, Emily (Shorter University) (New)

Last edited by author: Tue January 10, 2017 04:24:11   Edited 18 times.

Replies:
Subject: SC Contestants

Author:
PageantGuru
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:04:50 10/20/16 Thu

Davidson, Briana (Blythewood) (2016)
Mobley, Reagan (Charleston Southern) (New)
Murphy, Mikeya (Greenville Scottish Games) (2016-Overall NFT Award,Prelim Talent Award)(2015)(2014)
Sill, Sydney (Greater Greer) (SCOT - 2012)
Stritt, Alexis (SC Peach Festival) (New)
Tyler, Diamond (Orangeburg) (New)
Westberry, Allura (Coastal Carolina University) (New)

Last edited by author: Sun December 25, 2016 15:13:30   Edited 8 times.

Replies:
Subject: What is the minimum scholarship amount that can be awarded at the local level?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:58:37 01/15/17 Sun

I saw a response in a thread that said $500. Is that correct?

Replies:
Subject: Local title collages

Author:
Collage Queen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:16:57 01/17/17 Tue

I have been going through many state locals that have been completed so far to save headshots for my state pageant collages, and I must say that this year's contestants in all states are so beautiful! We are going to have some gorgeous Miss States in 2017! A few of the states that have stood out to me as far as beauty while going through photos were AL, AZ, SC, NC, LA, and OH. WOW!!!!! I am SO excited for state pageants this year.
Well, let me know when states have completed their pageant seasons so I can jump into making their collage. I hope you liked the NH one. What did you like/dislike about it so I can make an even better one next time? Also, any collage requests? Thanks so much for your support guys, I love editing the photos and learning more about the local titleholders as I go!
Also, as many of you may or may not know, I am actually eligible to compete in the organization and will be competing in my state's open/sweeper pageant in March! So maybe I'll be editing my own headshot into a collage this year!

Replies:
Subject: Improve Your Public Speaking for the Q&A Category!

Author:
Ashley Futrell
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:41:06 01/17/17 Tue

Do you want to improve your public speaking skills for your next pageant? Your Genuine Voice is here to help you. We have a single mission: to help you introduce the best version of yourself to the world. Do you have an upcoming interview or presentation? Are you preparing for a pageant or audition? Do you want to train your child to develop public speaking skills at an early age? If so, than we can help. We approach each of our clients with fresh eyes and develop custom-made strategies to help them become comfortable speaking to audiences of all backgrounds and sizes. Let us help you develop your genuine voice. Visit www.ashleyfutrell.com for more information!

Subject: Please be nice with your insults.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:16:16 01/13/17 Fri

Replies:
Subject: TN Contestants

Author:
PageantGuru
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:23:50 10/09/16 Sun

Bobinger, Hannah (Nashville) (2016-Top 10)(2015-Top 10, Miss America State Community Service Award, CMN Miracle MakerAward, Prelim SS Award)(2014)
Boling, Naomi (Music Row) (New)
Butler, Madison (Tipton County) (2016)(2012)
Coleman, Grace (Decatur County) (New)
Compton, Callie (Memphis) (New)
Dalton, Nicole (Sullivan County) (New)
Davis, Caty (Lexington) (2016-1st R/U,Miss America State Quality of Life Award Prelim SS Award)(2015-Top 12)(2013)
Everhart, Hannah (Greene County) (2016-Top 10)(2015)
Garcia, Yvannah (Dixie PAC) (New)
Gonce, Tessa (Volunteer) (2016)
Hale, Elizabeth (Music City) (2016)
Harris, Sarah (Chattanooga) (OK-2016-4th R/U, Prelim Rookie Talent Award, Prelim Overall Talent Award)
Higgs, Laura Ann (TN Soybean Festival (2016-Top 16,Peoples Choice
Hubbard, Chloe (Queen City) (New)
Jordan, Kailey Alexis (Jackson) (2016)
Mason, Brianna (Tennessee Waltz) (2016)
Munsey, Morgan (Historic Jonesborough) (New)
Reed, Amber (Collierville) (New)
Roberts, McKenzie (Fall Fest) (New)
Rush, Melanie (East Tennessee) (2013)
Sanderson, Shayla (McMinnsville) (New)
Shelton, Whitney (Johnson City) (2016)
Smith, Katelynn (Kingsport) (New)
Smithson, Hillari (Parsons) (New)
Snipes, Madison (Tennessee Valley) (2016-Top 10, Prelim SS Award,CMN Miracle Maker Award,QoL Award)(2015-Top 10, People's Choice Award, Prelim Talent Award) (TNOT - 2011)
Stiles, Aria (Shelby County) (2015-Top 10, Prelim Talent)(Miss TN 2014 - Top 12; Preliminary Talent)
Timberman, DeLaney (Mid South) (2016-Top 12)
Tucker, Anna (Austin Peay) (New)
Tucker, Jordynne (Capital City) (New)
Wallen, Morgan (Knoxville) (New)
Wilkins, Brenna (UT-Martin) (New)
Williamson, Christine (Scenic City) (2016-3rd R/U)(2015-2nd R/U)(2014)
Wilson, Peyton (Watauga Valley) (2016)
Wolkonowski, MaryGrace (Gallatin) (2016-Top 12)

Last edited by author: Mon January 09, 2017 04:40:44   Edited 20 times.

Replies:
Subject: DE Contestants

Author:
PageantGuru
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:02:17 10/15/16 Sat

Beale, Emily (New Castle County) (2016-2nd R/U, Community Service Award, Spirit Award, Miss America Academic Award)(2015, MAO Academic Award)
Bruce, Chelsea (Newark) (New)
Buckler, Rachel (Diamond State) (2016)
Gasperetti, Rebecca (Wilmington) (2016-People's Choice, Top 8, Congenality Award)
Ley, Michelle (Christiana) (New)(DEOT - 2015)

Last edited by author: Mon January 09, 2017 05:16:44   Edited 3 times.

Replies:
Subject: NC Contestants

Author:
PageantGuru
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:47:50 10/04/16 Tue

Bridges, Taylor (Johnston County) (New)
Brown, Rose (Piedmont) (New)
Carrington, Bryana (Greater Sandhills) (New)
Dirig, Grace (Statesville) (New)
Hubbard, Autumn (Gaston County) (2015)
Jhant, Andrea (Shelby) (New)
Lee, Kacy (High Point) (2016-2nd R/U,Prelim Talent Award)(2015-4th R/U) (2014-4th R/U, Prelim Talent Winner)
Matrazzo, Laura (Randolph County) (SC-2016) (2015 NCUSA NF)
Norris, Mary Scott (Rowan County) (New)
Smith, Courtney (Goldsboro) (New)
Smith, Tiffany (Stanly County) (New)
Spruill, Kaylee (Greater Carolina) (New)
Stutts, Macy (Gastonia) (2014)
Walsh, Lauren (Garner) (New)

Last edited by author: Thu December 29, 2016 23:29:07   Edited 12 times.

Replies:
Subject: WY Contestants

Author:
PageantGuru
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:02:01 10/20/16 Thu

Replies:
Subject: 4 Reasons Not To Try A Pageant

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:55:24 01/16/17 Mon

http://ktwb.com/blogs/miss-south-dakota/18034/4-reasons-not-to-try-a-pageant/

Subject: IL Contestants

Author:
PageantGuru
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:10:42 10/20/16 Thu

Bagley, Brianna (Capital City) (2016-Miss America State Academic Scholarship)
Baucus, Shannon (Kankakee) (2016)
Dearwester, Stephanie Ann (Quincy)(New)
Gehrs, Peyton (Southern Illinois) (New)
Harner, Janna (Heartland) (2016-2nd R/U)(2015-4th R/U; Prelim Talent Award)
Hughes, Elizabeth (Blackhawk Valley) (New)
Hurtig, Sheridan (Land of Lincoln) (New)
Hutcheson, Antonia (Metropolis) (New)
Jog, Isha (Northern Suburbs) (2016-NFT Award)(IL DWY-2013)
Miller, McKena (Volunteer) (New)
Mugavero, Amelia (Central IL) (2016-1st R/U)(2015-Top 11)
Reinhardt, Alyssa (John A. Logan College) (New)
Robbins, Summer (Springfield) (ILOT - 2011,Preliminary Evening Wear/OSQ)

Last edited by author: Mon January 09, 2017 11:30:36   Edited 10 times.

Replies:
Subject: VA Contestants

Author:
PageantGuru
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:09:01 10/09/16 Sun

Braxton, Julia Anne (Greater Prince William County) (DCOT - 2010)
Luzynski, Kasia (Loudoun County) (2016)
Murray, Dominga (Roanoke Valley) (2016)
Reynolds, Taylor Nicole (State Fair of VA) (2016-3rd R/U, QoL Award)(2015)(2014-Top 11)(2013)
Shepard, Casey (Apple Blossom) (New)(VAOT - 2014, 3rd R/U in Orlando)
Smith, Cameron (VA Highlands) (2016-Top 11)(2015-Top 11,Prelim Talent Award,CMNH Miracle Maker Award)
Weber, Cecili (Arlington) (2015-Top 11)(OH-2014)(OH-2013-1st R/U)(2010 - OHOT, Top 10 in Orlando, Prelim EG/OSQ Awards)

Last edited by author: Fri November 11, 2016 04:59:02   Edited 3 times.

Replies:
Subject: OH Contestants

Author:
PageantGuru
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:13:24 10/05/16 Wed

Atchison, Bry (Maple City) (SC-2016-T15)(OH-2015)(2013-SC)
Chrisman, Matti-Lynn (Akron Canton) (2015)
Clapper, Sarah (Clayland) (2016-4th R/U,Prelim SS Award)(2015-3rd R/U, Prelim SS Award)(2014-Top 10, Theresa Ann
Hitchens, Amelia (Northwestern) (2016-Top 11)(2015-Top 10, Prelim SS Award)
Wagner Commitment to Excellence Award)(2013)
Wiers, Paige (North Coast) (2016-Top 11)
Ulasevich, Karolina (Miami Valley) (2016-2nd R/U)(2015-2nd R/U, Overall Interview Award, Community Service Award)
Tumbusch, Hanna (Lake Festival) (New)
Zimmerman, Hannah (Montgomery County) (2016-1st R/U, Prelim SS Award, Spirit Award)(2015)

Last edited by author: Mon November 14, 2016 07:11:39   Edited 6 times.

Replies:
Subject: FL Contestants

Author:
PageantGuru
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:06:00 10/15/16 Sat

Albritton, Casey (Ocala) (New)
Dennis, Kyndle (Apopka) (2015)
Graham, Courtney (Gainesville) (New)
Hargrave, Jessica (Manatee River) (2016)
Hyatt, Samantha (DeSoto Heritage) (2016)
Neilson, Lauren (Orange County) (2016)(2015)(2014)
Sartain, Katy (Orlando) (2016)(2015-Top 15)(2014-QoL Winner)
Savage, Kelly (Winter Park) (2016-Leadership Award)(2012)
Waiters, Jercoiya (Manatee) (2016)(2015-NFT Award)

Last edited by author: Tue December 13, 2016 01:54:59   Edited 6 times.

Replies:
Subject: AL Contestants

Author:
PageantGuru
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:04:44 10/05/16 Wed

Abston, Summer (UWA) (New)
Andrews, Shelby (Circle City) (New)
Bryan, Thomason (St. Claire County) (2016)
Chapin, Harley (UAB) (New)
Dugans, Mikaylah (Childersburg) (New)
Edburg, Payton (Greater Gadsden) (2016-Miss America Academic Award)(2015)
Gathings, Maddie (Phenix City) (2016)(2015)
Harper, Shiann (Northeast Alabama) (2016-Top 12)(2015)
Hayes, Lexi (Cahaba Valley) (2016)(2015)
Holt, Brooklyn (Auburn University) (2016)
Jacks, Cassidy (Iron City) (2016-2nd R/U, Prelim Talent Award)(2015-Prelim Talent Award)(2014-Top 10)
Kennon, Bailey (Hoover) (2016)
Kontos, Stella (Center Point) (2016-Top 12)
Lancaster, Riley Kate (Tuscaloosa) (2016)
Lazenby, Braden (Birmingham) (New)
Locke, Charlton (Smiths Station) (New)
McDougal, Mary Ann (Coastal Alabama) (New)
McGuire, Meg (Gardendale Magnolia Festival) (New)
McKinney, Loreanna (Hamilton) (New)
Moore, Mary Beth (Troy University) (New)
Mordecai, Chandler (West Central Alabama) (2016)
Moreno, Julianna (North Jefferson Area) (2016)(2015)
Montgomery, Celeste (Jefferson State) (New)
Nuwayhid, Allyson (Jefferson County) (2016-Prelim SS Award)
O'Rear, Emily (Quad Cities) (New)
Ozment, Annie (Covered Bridge) (New)
Procter, Jessica (Leeds Area) (2016-4th R/U, Miss America Community Service Award, Prelim Talent Award) (2015-3rd R/U)(2013-ALOT, 2nd R/U in Orlando, Preliminary Lifestyle and Fitness, Preliminary Evening Wear/On Stage Question, Troy University Millennium Scholar's Award)
Repasky, Kxayla (Trussville) (2016)(2015-PA Top 11)
Shields, Chandler (Tennessee Valley) (2016)
Sumler, Chassidy (Shelby County) (2016-Prelim Talent Award)(2015)(2014-Prelim Talent Winner, NFT)(2013-MS-Prelim SS Winner)(2012-MS-3rd R/U)
Walker, Callie (University of Alabama) (2016-1st R/U, Prelim Talent Award)(2015-Top 12, Prelim Talent Winner)(ALOT - 2012)
Yarber, Chelsea (Marshall County)(2016)(2015)(2014)
York, Aly (Samford University) (New)

Last edited by author: Tue December 13, 2016 01:48:29   Edited 10 times.

Replies:
Subject: MISS NORTH CAROLINA 2017 TO BE BROADCAST LIVE ON ABC11

Author:
Great News!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:51:47 01/16/17 Mon

The Miss North Carolina Organization and ABC11, an ABC affiliate, announced today plans to live broadcast the 2017 Miss North Carolina pageant. The event will take place June 24 at Raleigh’s Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts and telecast live on ABC11’s local programming channels. Also, the broadcast will be streamed world-wide on ABC11.com.

Subject: CO Contestants

Author:
PageantGuru
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:45:18 10/14/16 Fri

Replies:
Subject: MS Contestants

Author:
PageantGuru
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:07:05 10/13/16 Thu

Addison, Joy (Riverland) (2014)
Branch, Aysa (All-America City) (2016-Prelim SS Award)
Brown, Callie (New South) (2016)
Brown, Katelyn (Pontotoc Ridge) (New)
Brumfield, Colby (Warren County (New)
Bryant, Kaci (Red Carpet City) (2016)
Bullock, Brooke (Jones County) (2016-Top 10)
Buys, Anne Elizabeth (Vicksburg) (2016-1st R/U,Prelim SS Award)(MSOT - 2013)
Cockrell, Emily (Lee County) (New)
Dale, Arrielle (Belle of the Bayou) (2015)(2014)(2013)(2012)
Daugherty, Hannah Lynn (Southern Grace) (New)
Fant, Tanner (Meridian) (New) (2015-DYW of MS,Top 10 at National DYW)
Gibson, Leah (University) (2016-Top 13, NFT Award, Alpha Talent Award)
Hall, Mia (Hattiesburg) (2016-4th R/U)(2014-Top 11)
Harrington, Holly (Dixie) (2016-3rd R/U)
Judge, Allison (Heart of Dixie) (2016)(2015)
Leflore, Hannah (Delta State University) (2016)(2015)
May, Molly (MSU) (2016-2nd R/U, Prelim Talent Award)(2015-Top 10) (MSOT - 2012; 4th RU/Prelim Talent in Orlando)
McCaa, Mary Katherine (Heart of the South (2016)
Meador, Annalise (Mid-South) (New)
Mitchell, Macy (Deep South) (2016-Top 15)
Nix, Charley Ann (Desoto County) (2016)
O'Neal, Vivian (Pride of the South) (New)
Olson, Caitlin (Heartland) (New)
Overby, Madeline (Delta Blues) (New)
Pearson, Kasey (Armory) (2016)
Roberts, Alivia (Monroe County) (2016-Top 10)(2015 Top 10/Talent Prelim Award)(2014)
Schultz, Maggie (Brandon) (2015)(2014)
Shumaker, Rachel (Madison Metro) (New)
Smith, Macken'z (Rolling Hills) (2016)
Thomas, Meredith (Northland) (2016)(2015-4th RU)(2014)
Tingle, Emily (North Central MS) (2016)
Walters, Abigail (Hinds Community College) (2016)
Wesley, Dana (Tupelo) (2016)
Wolfe, Kaelyn (USM)(New)

Last edited by author: Sun January 15, 2017 20:33:10   Edited 20 times.

Replies:
  • Miss Dixie - Holly Harrington (2016 - 3rd RU) (NT) -- No name, 10:36:52 01/15/17 Sun
  • Miss Northland - Meredith Thomas (2014)(2015 - 4th RU) (2016) (NT) -- No name, 10:40:23 01/15/17 Sun
  • Miss Rolling Hills - Macken'z Smith (2016) (NT) -- No name, 10:41:23 01/15/17 Sun
  • Miss Pontotoc Ridge - Katelyn Brown (new) (NT) -- No name, 10:42:18 01/15/17 Sun
  • (NT) -- Congratulations to Miss Rolling Hills, Macken'z Smith; Miss Pontotoc Ridge, Katelyn Brown; Miss Northland, Meredith Thomas; and Miss Dixie, Holly Harrington, 20:35:17 01/15/17 Sun
  • Subject: NE Contestants

Author:
    PageantGuru
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:52:41 10/09/16 Sun

Anderson, Nikki-Catrina (Scotts Bluff) (New)
    Freeseman, Shaniah (Chadron) (New)
    Hinrichs, Krista (Kool-Aid Days) (New)
    Michael, Wellesley (Omaha) (New)
    Murphy, Kogan (Douglas County) (IL 2015-3rd R/U, Prelim Talent Award)(IL 2014-2nd R/U, Prelim Talent Award)(IL 2013)
    Pelland, Courtney (Fur Trade Days) (New)
    Shakespaere, Jaicelyn (Queen of the Plains) (New)
    Shultis, Jessica (Kearney) (New)
    Tietjen, Allison (Heartland) (2015-1st R/U, Overall SS, Miss America Community Service Award, Miracle Maker Award) (2014-3rd R/U)
    Wecker, Tristen (Old West Balloon Fest) (New)
    Wahonik, Jenni (Nebraska State Fair) (2016-3rd R/U, Prelim Talent Award)

Last edited by author: Sun January 15, 2017 20:15:12   Edited 4 times.

Replies:
    Subject: IN Contestants

Author:
    PageantGuru
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:06:18 10/11/16 Tue

Anderson, Kearston (Ft. Wayne) (2016)(2015)
    Ballew, Ollie (Harvest Homecoming) (New)
    Begay, Haley (Metropolitan) (2016-Semifinalist)
    Bruner, Kayla (Central Indiana) (2016)(2015)
    Butler, Lauren (Limberlost) (2015)(2014)
    Dallas, Alexandra (Northeast) (New)
    Davenport, Kirsen (Wabash) (New)
    Eakins, Maddy (OH Valley) (New)
    Eckert, Morgan (Crossroads to America) (New)
    Foster, Kelsey (Auburn Cord Dusenberg) (New)
    Franxman, Lindsey (Three Rivers Festival) (New)
    Green, Ashley (Vincennes University) (New)
    Haase, Grace (South Bend) (New)
    Johnson, Demie (Great Lakes) (New)
    Johnson, Samantha (Ball State University) (New)
    Martinez, Dyna (South Central) (New)
    Merchant, Alexis (Collegiate Indy) (New)
    Merida, Laura (Capital City) (2016-2nd R/U, Prelim Talent Award)(2015-Top 10)(2013-People's Choice)
    Olson, Charlotte (NW Territory) (2015)
    Robbins, Samantha (White River) (2016)
    Seifert, Madison (Collegiate North) (2016-Semifinalist)(2015-Top 10)
    Smith, Chelsea (Duneland) (2016-Semifinalist, Peoples Choice)(2014)
    Taylor, Tiarra (IN State University) (New)
    Tremaine, Lydia (Southern Heartland) (New)
    Vogel, Katelin (Kosciusko) (2015)

Last edited by author: Sun January 15, 2017 20:00:49   Edited 10 times.

Replies:
    Subject: MI Contestants

Author:
    PageantGuru
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:20:43 10/17/16 Mon

Adams, Allison (West Michigan) (2014)
    Althaus, Tara (Sanilac County) (2012)
    Birgy, Emily (Huron Shores) (New)
    Bouterse, Rachel (Allegan County) (New)
    Bretz, Samantha (River Raisin Festival) (New)
    Chambe, Vanessa (St. Clair Shores) (MIOT - 2015)
    Davis, Jaeleen (Heartland) (2016-Top 10)(2015)(2014-Top 10)(2013)
    Fellows, Elisabeth (Southwest) (New)
    Gooch, Kelly (Stateline) (2015-Semi-Fiinalist)(2014-2nd R/U, Prelim SS Winner)(2013-Top 10)
    Harrison, Allison (Danish Festival) (New)
    Kendrick, Heather (Washtenaw County) (2015)(2014)
    Kennedy, Erica (Midland) (New)
    Kennedy, Katlynn (Greater Grand Rapids) (2015)
    Lambert, Brooklynn (Oakland County) (2016-NFT Award,Prelim Talent Award)
    Lentz, Shelby (Greater Kalamazoo) (2016)
    Martin, Emma (Great Lakes) (2016)(2015)
    Maser, Ashli (Spirit of the State) (2016-2nd R/U, State Academic Scholarship Award,SS Prelim Award)(2015-Top 10,Interview Award,STEM Award)(2014-Top 10)
    Massie, Leah (Ludington Area) (New)
    McPherson, Shelby (Downriver) (2014)
    Newcomer, Alexis (Monroe County) (New)
    Petersen, Carly (Jackson Crossroads) (New)
    Pugh, Andrea (Bridge Fest) (New)
    Rivard, Mallory (South Central) (2016-Semifinalist, STEM Award)(2015)(2014)(2013)
    St. Souver, Shelby (Mid-Michigan) (2016)
    Sholtis, Patricia (Capital City) (New)
    Siegler, Allie (Tip of the Mitt) (New)
    Smith, Emily (Sunset Coast) (2015-1st R/U, Excellence in Interview Tie)(2014-NFT)(2013-NFT)
    Smith, Mollie (Wayne County) (2016-NFI Award, State Community Service Award, CMNH Ambassador Award)(2014)
    Terry, Kara (Saginaw County) (New)
    Wilson, Alana (Bay County) (2015-Prelim SS Award)
    Zhong, Vivian (Lakeshore) (2016)(2015 - MI DYW)

Last edited by author: Sun January 15, 2017 19:57:10   Edited 15 times.

Replies:
    Subject: WI Contestants

Author:
    PageantGuru
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:03:29 10/12/16 Wed

Bande, Haylee Michelle (Burlington Area) (2015)(2014)
    Elmblad, Elise (Southern Lakes) (2013-NFT Award,Four Points Award)
    Haldeman, April (Northern Lights) (2016)(2015)
    Krause, Mattie Mae (La Crosse/Octoberfest) (New)
    O'Brien, Erin (Onalaska) (2015-IN)(2013-IN)(2012-OH)
    Swanson, Ryann (WI Rapids Area) (New)
    Weaver, Christina (Sparta) (New)
    Weinzirl, Brynn (Racine) (2016-Top 11)(2014-Top 11)

Last edited by author: Sun January 15, 2017 19:41:38   Edited 9 times.

Replies:
    • (NT) -- No name, 05:35:18 01/09/17 Mon
    • (NT) -- Congratulations to your Miss Northern Lights 2017, April Haldeman!, 19:43:39 01/15/17 Sun
    Subject: Flower man

Author:
    Archive ghost
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:37:19 01/13/17 Fri

I have ask the question before but I will ask again. Who is the guy that usually hands the flowers to the winner st Miss Texas USA? He also handed Miss Oklahoma, Sarah Klien, her flowers this year? Just curious. Thanks.

Replies:
    Subject: Miss America 2007 talents and final questions Lauren Nelson Winner

Author:
    viewer
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:30:04 01/14/17 Sat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eYInx009gk

Subject: LA Contestants

Author:
    PageantGuru
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:54:09 10/05/16 Wed

Blake, Anna (LA Tech) (2016-Top 10)(2015)(2014-T10)
    Bonacquisti, Laryssa (Shreveport) (2016-Top 10,Prelim Talent Award)(2014-TX 4th R/U, Prelim SS Award)
    Crews, Meagan (Spirit of Ruston) (2016-TOp 10)(LAOT - 2014)
    Edinger, Eva (Louisiana Watermelon Festival) (2016-Top 10,Prelim SS Award)(2015-4th R/U and Prelim SS Award)
    Ford, Lauren (Heart of Pilot) (2015-Top 10, Prelim Talent Award)(2014-Top 10)(2013-Top 10)(2012-Top 10)
    Gilbert, Eleanor (Holiday in Dixie) (Gilbert)
    Gray, Christina (Union Parish) (2016-NFT Award)(2015)
    Gulino, Alexandra (Dixie Gem Peach) (2016-4th R/U)(LADYW - 2011)
    Hammons, Courtney (Louisiana Jazzland) (New)
    Henderson, J'Lyn (Taste of Twin Cities (2016)(2015)
    Huffman, Baylea (Monroe) (2016)(LAOT - 2013)
    Humphries, Molly (Spirit of the Ouachita) (New)
    Kelly, Erin (Spirit of the Red) (New)
    Lanford, Ashlynn (ULM) (2015-Non-finalist Talent Award)
    Randon, Emily (St. Tammany Heritage) (2016-2nd R/U,Prelim SS Award)(2015-2nd R/U)
    Reynolds, Abigail (Minden) (New)
    Seeley, Colleen (Slidell) (New)
    Tanner, Morgan (Pride of Monroe) (New)
    Teutsch, Hannah (Louisiana Port City) (2016-NFT Award)(2015)
    Ware, Macy (Southern Oaks) (2016)(VA 2014)

Last edited by author: Sun January 15, 2017 07:23:47   Edited 8 times.

Replies:
    Subject: According to missamerica.org the following is supposed to be the website for Miss Hawaii. What the heck is wrong with it?

Author:
    No name
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:45:43 01/07/17 Sat

http://www.misshawaii.org

Replies:
    Subject: Local titleholders

Author:
    Collage Queen
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:48:30 01/13/17 Fri

Hello, pageant fans! Are there any states that have completed their local pageant season? I would like to start compiling headshots for state pageants and posting them like I did with Miss America headshots. Let me know if you have any requests for collages as well! I can do almost any subject, but would like to begin state headshots soon.

Replies:
    Subject: NH Contestants

Author:
    PageantGuru
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:04:57 10/05/16 Wed

Belanger, Alainna (Kingston) (2016)(2015-NFT Winner, Prelim Talent Winner)
    Bogardus, Emma (Littleton Area) (New)
    Burke, Bonnie (Strafford County) (New)
    Cunningham, Megan (White Mountains Region) (New)
    El-Sayed, Jana (Winnipesaukee) (2016)(2015)
    Flahive, Kacie (Gate City) (New)
    Gatchell, Brooke (Souhegan Valley) (2016)
    Gile, Shawna (Lake Sunapee Region) (2016)
    Henry, Elizabeth (Lakes Region) (New)
    Iacuzio, Stephanie (Bedford) (2016)(2015)(2014-Top 10)(2013)
    Kurto, Kylee (Merrimack) (New)
    Larocque, Mariah (Greater Derry) (2016-3rd R/U)(2015)
    LoDuca, Alexa (Greater Plaistow) (New)
    Mackes, Samantha (Exeter) (2016-Top 10, Prelim SS Award)(2015)(2014)
    Marsh, Ashley (University) (New)
    Masso-Glidden, Katie (Capital Area) (2016-4th R/U)
    Mastin, Delaney (Rockingham County) (2015-4th R/U)
    Mills, Brooke (Weirs Beach) (New)
    Missert, Kaley (Londonberry) (2016)
    Murphy, Reagan (Berlin-Gorham) (New)
    Orfao, Grace (Hooksett) (New)
    Patnaude, Laura (Liberty) (2016)
    Percy, Lauren (Auburn) (2016-1st R/U, Overall Interview Award)(2015-3rd R/U)(2013)(NHOT - 2011)
    Smith, Katie (Goffstown) (2016-2nd R/U, Prelim SS Award)(2015-NHDYW)
    Soucy, Kaitlin (Manchester) (New)
    Stone, Blair (Granite State) (New)
    Tubbs, Sarah (Seacoast) (2016-Top 10)(2015-1st R/U, NH Sweetheart, People's Choice @ National Sweetheart)
    White, Sarah (Portsmouth Area) (2016-Top 10)

Last edited by author: Mon January 09, 2017 05:08:39   Edited 7 times.

Replies:
    Subject: Which Miss America's were able to meet with US Presidents during their year??

Author:
    No name
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:18:05 01/10/17 Tue

Replies:
    Subject: Using only three words...what are the three most important qualities you look for when judging MAO loca/state pageant? (Unless you have judged the national, then please share!!) Mine would be intelligent,engaging, confident.

Author:
    If you would be so kind...
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:43:55 01/09/17 Mon

Replies:
    Subject: Baylor students make it big with Miss Texas

Author:
    No name
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:00:25 01/13/17 Fri

http://baylorlariat.com/2017/01/12/baylor-students-make-it-big-with-miss-texas/

Subject: Hi, local titleholder here. Does anyone have any recommendations for what to do when your crown breaks? Long story short, it was knocked around by TSA from my flight yesterday and the base snapped near the little MAO thing on the inside. I have an appearance coming up soon and I would like to wear my crown for it. What should I do?

Author:
    No name
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:05:17 01/11/17 Wed

Replies:
    Subject: ND Contestants

Author:
    PageantGuru
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:39:17 10/04/16 Tue

Balderas, Bobbyjo (Summerfest) (New)
    Blume, Lydia (Grand Forks) (New)
    Buskness, Savannah (Rugby) (2016)(2015)(2014)(2013)(2012)
    Cruff, Maddi (Coal Country) (New)
    Davison, Stephanie (Empire) (New)
    Fagerland, Ashley (Mercer County) (2016)
    Hill, Ava (Western Star) (New)
    Jensen, Lizzie (West Fargo) (2016-4th R/U)(2015)
    Lynner, Chynna (Hollydazzle) (New)
    Mund, Cara (Northern Lights) (2016-1st R/U)(2015-Top 10)(2013-3rd R/U, Community Svc Award) (NDOT - 2010)
    Peterson, Jane (ND State Fair) (2016)
    Prock, Emily (Norsk Hostfest) (2016-Top 11, People's Choice)
    Sailer, Breanna (Hazen-Beulah) (New)
    Schumann, Bailey (Bonanzaville) (2016-Top 11)(2015)(2014)
    Simmons, Emily (Geographic Center) (New)
    Stauffer, Cassandra (Minot) (New)
    Sunstrom, Joelle (Heart of the Valley) (2016-Top 11)
    Truscinski, Madison (State Capitol) (New)
    Ward, Grace (Fargo) (New)
    Wingerter, Emily (Upper MO Valley) (2015)

Last edited by author: Tue January 10, 2017 07:54:17   Edited 3 times.

Replies:
    Subject: Nina Davuluri: Entertainment and advocacy go hand in hand

Author:
    No name
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:12:11 01/12/17 Thu

https://www.americanbazaaronline.com/2017/01/11/nina-davuluri-entertainment-and-advocacy-go-hand-in-hand421409/

Replies:
    Subject: Savvy News Article

Author:
    No name
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:09:17 01/12/17 Thu

http://theweekender.com/wk_ralphie/23216/ralphie-report-miss-americas-never-ending-year

Subject: TX Contestants

Author:
    PageantGuru
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:24:28 10/06/16 Thu

Ahmad, Henna (McKinney) (New)
    Ayrton, Kaitlyn (Frisco) (2016-Top 12,Peoples Choice)(2015)
    Bates, Angelica (Spring) (2016)
    Bebo, Adaline (Ft. Worth) (New)
    Brown, Kassidy (Plano) (New) (2014 - TXOT, Top 12 in Orlando, 2nd Place Ad Sales Award)
    Clawson, Christina (Lovejoy) (2016)(2015)
    Davis, Christina (Texarkana) (New)
    Davis, Spencer (Allen) (2016-Top 12)(2015-NF Alpha, NFT Overall Tie, NFT Award, Prelim Talent Award)
    Diflippo, Lauren (Austin) (2016-Prelim Talent Award)
    Etter, Jacy (Coppell) (2015-12th Place)(2014)
    Foreman, Chandler (Houston) (2015)
    Forger, Lisa (Harris County) (2016)(2015)
    Fuller, Madison (Midland-Odessa) (2016-3rd R/U, Prelim SS Award)(2015-3rd R/U, Overall Talent Tie, Overall EG Tie Prelim Talent Award, Prelim SS Award)(2014-3rd R/U, Prelim Alpha Talent Winner) (TXOT - 2010)
    Fuller, Mallory (Grand Prairie) (New)
    Gilchrist, Ashlee (North Texas) (2016)(2015)
    Hicks, Catherine (Park Cities) (2016-14th Place)
    Joel, Aryssa (Gulf Coast) (New)
    Johannsen, Reilly (Caprock) (2011 - TXOT, 3rd R/U in Orlando)
    Larry, Michaela (Richardson) (New)
    Mann, Kelsey (Bexar County) (2015)
    Marak, Katelyn (Dallas) (2016-9th Place)(IN-2015)(IN-2014)(IN-2012)(2010 - INOT; Top 10 @ Orlando)
    Mendoza, Rebecca (Alamo City) (New)
    Plummer, Amanda (Green and Gold) (New)
    Price, Aloria (Capital City) (New)
    Rudkin, Emma (San Antonio) (2015-10th Place)
    Sharpless, Lindsey (Southeast TX) (2016)(2015)
    Shorts, Jizyah (Sugar Land) (2016-4th R/U)
    White, Claire (Arlington) (2016)(OK-2015)
    Willingham, Madison (Lubbock) (NM - 2016)

Last edited by author: Mon January 09, 2017 04:36:54   Edited 19 times.

Replies:
    Subject: Embroidered Crown Sash Bag

Author:
    No name
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:27:15 01/12/17 Thu

http://www.maoteenstore.com/embroidered-crown-sash-bag/

Subject: Just Out Of Curiosity....

Author:
    No name
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:58:28 12/15/16 Thu

does anyone out there recall any contestant ever singing (for talent)what I consider to be one of the most beautiful songs ever written for the Broadway stage---"50 Percent" from "Ballroom"?

Replies:
    Subject: i do not recognise everyone in the great photo at the top of the board who is here?

Author:
    No name
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:45:30 10/22/16 Sat

Replies:
    Subject:

Author:
    No name
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:23:02 01/10/17 Tue

Replies:
    Subject: ISO yellow contemporary/lyrical costume; adult small or medium -- not for pageant use, just a former competitor(::

Author:
    Has-Been
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:32:23 01/11/17 Wed

Subject: UT Contestants

Author:
    PageantGuru
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:03:31 10/20/16 Thu

Bird, Karli (Utah Valley University) (2016)(2015-Prelim SS Award)
    Burrola, Madison (Carbon County)
    Jensen, McKenzie (Herriman) (New)
    Lloyd, Lindsay (Eastern UT) (2016)
    Repko, Amanda (Mandy) (Cache Valley) (2016)
    Wulfenstein, Sara (Dixie State University) (2016)

Last edited by author: Tue November 22, 2016 22:57:52   Edited 1 time.

Replies:
    Subject: How are the state level judges chosen? Is there a committee, individual, or does it vary greatly from state to state? Are some states considered "better" than others to judge, and some states considered best to stay away? Have wondered about the process.

Author:
    No name
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:45:44 01/09/17 Mon

Replies:
    Subject: MD Contestants

Author:
    PageantGuru
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:41:02 10/12/16 Wed

Distefano, Rachel (Anne Arundel County) (New)
    Ellis, Leah (Mountain City) (New)
    Ewell, Arcadia (Baltimore) (2015)
    Graham, Victoria (Frostburg) (2016)
    Kiley, Megan (Appalachia) (2016)(2015)(2014)(2011-MDOT Semi-finalist)
    Lash, Morgan (Annapolis) (2015-Top 11)(2014-2nd R/U)(2013-Miss Teen Maryland United States)
    Masek, Kathleen (White Oak) (New)
    Redman, Allison (Preston Fest) (2016)

Last edited by author: Tue January 10, 2017 04:33:47   Edited 2 times.

Replies:
    Subject: Monologue advice?

Author:
    No name
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:31:40 01/07/17 Sat

What kind of monologue do you think works best on the state level? My local one was OK but I want to find something really competitive. I feel like it needs to be something really impressive to compete with the singers and dancers. I don't want to write my own about my life, I don't think it would be good in my area. What do you like best? Classic pieces like Shakespeare? Contemporary? Funny, dramatic?

Thanks! My director is new and says I should just pick something I like.

Replies:
    Subject: Memphis - Callie Compton (new). Shelby County - Aria Stiles (2015 - Top 10 & Prelim Talent; 2014 - Top 12 & Prelim Talent)

Author:
    No name
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:22:22 01/08/17 Sun

Replies:
    Subject: What do contestants use these days for swimsuit to help the bottom stay in place. I used firm grip spray years ago. Do they still use it?

Author:
    No name
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:56:55 01/07/17 Sat

Replies:
    Subject: CA Contestants

Author:
    PageantGuru
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:43:16 10/04/16 Tue

Anderegg, Alissa (Contra Costa County) (2015-NC-Miss America Community Service Award, NF Interview Award)
    Benson, Natalie (Orange Coast) (New) (NMOT - 2012, Top 12 in Orlando, America's Choice Award, Teen in Action finalist)
    Chaudhuri, Sabina (Silicon Valley) (New)
    Farrow, Kiara (High Desert) (2016-Non-Finalist Talent Award,Prelim SS Award)(2015)
    Gima, Jasmine (Blythe) (New)
    Kim, Eileen (Orange City) (2016-Top 15,Prelim Talent Award)
    Lee, Rachel (Marin County) (New)
    Mendoza, Missy (Garden Grove) (2016)(2015-NFT)(2013)
    Votino, Victoria (Santa Clara) (New)
    Wayland, Katie (City of Orange) (2016-1st R/U)(2014)(2013)(2012 Top 10)

Last edited by author: Mon January 09, 2017 09:15:56   Edited 9 times.

Replies:
    Subject: MISS AMERICA 2017, SAVVY SHIELDS, KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR NC WORK WEEKEND 2017

Author:
    No name
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:40:25 01/09/17 Mon

The Miss North Carolina Scholarship Pageant announced this week that Miss America 2017, Savvy Shields will address the 2017 contestants as the keynote speaker during Work Weekend. The Miss NC Work Weekend is a convention for local contestants to prepare for the State pageant in June. The event will be held at the Embassy Suites in Greensboro March 31-April 2, 2017.

Subject: SD Contestants

Author:
    PageantGuru
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:04:13 10/20/16 Thu

Black, Rachel (Oahe Days) (New)
    Evangelisto, Rachel (Siouxland) (2016)(2015)
    Garcia, Isabella (Rolling Plains) (2016-2nd R/U, Rookie of the Year, Miracle Maker Award)
    Goodhart, Carly (SD State Fair) (2016-Semifinalist,Prelim SS Award)(2015-Semifinalist)
    Gould, Madeline (Sioux Falls) (2016)
    MacLachlan, Isabel (Rapid City) (New)
    O'Neill, Kaitlin (Wheel Jam) (2016-Semifinalist)
    Smiley, Alexandra (Sully County) (2016-3rd R/U)(2015-Prelim SS Award)
    Wintle, Carrie (Rushmore) (2015-Prelim SS Winner)(2014-Top 8)(2013-Top 8) (SDOT - 2008)
    Woodmansey, Annie (Sully County Fair) (New)

Last edited by author: Mon January 09, 2017 06:18:58   Edited 3 times.

Replies:
    Subject: IA Contestants

Author:
    PageantGuru
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:45:33 10/11/16 Tue

Cleaver, Johnna (Pearl City)
    Cuvelier, Emma (Central Iowa) (2016)
    Dubczak, Chelsea (Metro) (New)
    Gehlsen, Maggie (Clinton County) (2015-3rd R/U, Prelim Talent Award)
    Haselhuhn, Emma (Eastern Iowa) (2016)
    Lange, Maddison (Muscatine) (2016-Top 10)(2015)(2014-Top 10)
    Marek, Lexi (Greater Des Moines) (2016)
    Masengarb, Anna (Scott County) (2016-Top 10) (IAOT - 2014, Top 10 Teens in Action)
    Messinger, Marissa (Polk County) (New)
    Siegworth, Paige (Pallisades) (2016)
    Tinsman, Emily (Cedar Valley) (New)

Last edited by author: Mon January 09, 2017 06:13:46   Edited 5 times.

Replies:
    Subject: MA Contestants

Author:
    PageantGuru
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:14:57 10/13/16 Thu

Banks, Renee (Fall River) (2016-Top 11)(2015-Judges Newbie Interview Award)
    Churchill, Brittany (Taunton) (New) (2013-DYW of MA)
    Clark, Olivia (Western Massachusetts) (New)
    Littlefield, Lyndsey (South Coast) (2016)(2015)
    Marques, Olivia (New Bedford) (New)
    Zucco, Jillian (Bristol County) (2016-1st R/U, Prelim SS Award)(2015-1st R/U, Prelim SS Award)(2014-Top 11, Miracle Maker Award, Community Service Award)(2013-Semi-Finalist)

Last edited by author: Mon January 09, 2017 05:44:41   Edited 3 times.

Replies:
    Subject: Miss Michigan 2015 Program online

Author:
    What a treat!
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:55:47 01/09/17 Mon

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2015/06/miss_michigan_2015_meet_the_co.html#0

Subject: This is a message for formers..... I am working with a group of hopefuls and I would like some advice... I competed many moons ago and see now that I could have done much, much better than I did if I had done a few things differently. I am going to talk with them about my experiences and how I wish I could go back and talk to the 20 something ME and get a do-over. What would you tell your pageant self back in the day that would have let you place higher or win more often than you ultimately did? What do you wish you had known then about prep that you can see with 20/20 hindsight? Thanks in advance, friends!

Author:
    No name
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:46:44 11/29/16 Tue

Replies:
    Subject: Interview Questions for a "Novice" Judge

Author:
    no name
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:19:23 12/29/16 Thu

hello, all! I am a former competitor (years removed from competition) and have been asked to judge an upcoming local. since I've been out of the game for a bit, I would love some insight on your favorite questions to ask are (or, conversely, favorite questions to answer). Thanks (and happy New Year)!

Replies:
    Subject: Headshot pricing

Author:
    No name
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:59:30 01/03/17 Tue

Hey! Looking for pricing info on Jen Cady, and suggestions for other photographers on the east coast (or at least not too far west, can travel some). Already have info on Matt and Meredith Boyd!

Replies:
    Subject: Rules

Author:
    curious
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:00:26 01/03/17 Tue

Is there any truth to the statement if an individual competes in a OT local but does NOT swin she is not permitted to compete in any other like pageant (NAM, COED, CINDERELLA)for a year or until that competition season is over. Makes no sense to me

Replies:
    Subject: theatrical makeup

Author:
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:12:20 01/05/17 Thu

Has anyone ever tried theatrical makeup for competition? How does it compare to regular makeup and is it worth the extra $$?

Replies:
    Subject: Runway

Author:
    Archive ghost
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:36:00 12/19/16 Mon

Could someone please post a picture of the beautiful circular runway the year Jennifer Berry won???

Replies:
    Subject: New State Outstanding Teen Titleholders

Author:
    No name
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:03:36 01/05/17 Thu

Miss Utah's Outstanding Teen 2017, Addelyn Brotherson

Replies:
    Subject: What was the interview attire like in this year's interview DVD? Anything fashion forward other than dresses, like jumpsuits or pantsuits, shirt and skirt?

Author:
    No name
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:48:03 12/26/16 Mon

Replies:
    Subject: in every class there are favorites. WE the fans have ours and the ladies have theirs and this year a fav Savvy won.

Author:
    No name
    [ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:07:48 12/20/16 Tue

In your opinion do the favorites see themselves as favorites? Give examples

Replies:
    Archives: 12 ]
    AmazingCounters.com
    [ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.