Saturday, June 25, 2016 - Member logins with Firefox should now be operational.
VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]

Pageant Guru Message Board

Please click on Contact Forum Admin link, above, to report any message that needs to be removed.
Not affiliated with any pageant system

State Websites Social Media Message Boards Community

Subject: Night three of Miss Texas! Let's go!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:38:54 06/30/16 Thu

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Miss WA Class of 2016 at Arrival Yesterday

Author:
Stella
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:57:15 06/27/16 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Love this photo of outgoing Miss PA, Ashley Schmider, on the last day of her reign.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:35:30 07/01/16 Fri

Subject: This my list thus far: TN, VA, OK, MI, MO, AL, GA, MS; I fully expect to fill the other two spots with AR and TX but will wait until they are over.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:48:31 06/29/16 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Miss Oklahoma

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:44:43 06/30/16 Thu

I don't see anything on the this forum about Miss Oklahoma and I know they've had their pageant. Does anyone have pics of the top five ?

Replies:
Subject: OR Contestants

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:34:26 05/10/16 Tue

Bandon Cranberry Festival, Darby Underdown (New)
Capital City, Hannah Patterson (New)
Cascade, Jennifer Albertson (2015, Overall Interview Award)
City of Bridges, Taylor Ballard (New)
City of Sunshine, Nicole Carter (OROT - 2014)
Clatsop County, Ryen Buys (New)
Coos County, Quinlyn Deming (2014-Semi-Finalist)(2013-4th R/U)
Douglas County, Raechel Warren (2013-2014 DYW)
High Desert, Julieanna Carr (New)
Klamath County, Miranda Frey (New)
Lane County, Kayla Gordon (2014-1st R/U, Talent Award)(2013-1st R/U, Talent Award)
Linn-Benton, Shivali Kadam (New)
Marion-Polk County, Audri Rousseau (2014-2nd R/U)(2013-Top 10, Overall SS Award/Overall Interview Award)(20??-ORDYW)
Mt. Hood, Gabriella Sturgill (2015-Overall NFT Award)
North Coast, Tess Rund (New)
Portland, Alexis Mather (2015-4th R/U, Prelim SS Award,Prelim Talent Award Tie)(2014)(2013-Top 10, Prelim Talent and SS Winner)
Rogue Valley, Hannah Pearcey (New)
Rose City, Tabitha Ivan (New)
Southern Gem, Katharine Noyed (2015-Top 10, People's Choice Award, Prelim SS Award Tie)
Southern Jewel, Veronica Norris (2015-Top 10)
Three Rivers, Alexandra Amber (2015-Top 10, Prelim SS Award Tie)(2012-Semi-Finalist)
University of Oregon, Francesca Daizovi (New)
Willamette Valley, Bailey Pilant (2015-Top 10)

Photos: http://www.missoregon.org/miss-oregon-2016-contestants/

Replies:
Subject: Miss Texas 2016

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:56:14 06/28/16 Tue

I'm almost certain that Michelle Hanson (@michellehanson) will be live tweeting during all the prelims & finals of the pageant again. I feel she is one of the best live pageant tweeters in the country; she makes you feel as if you're there. So if you want to save a load of cash to not watch a fuzzed up screen, go to her twitter!

Replies:
Subject: Do the powers that be in MAO or the state level ever consider if a contestant's friends and family are an issue in their behaviors?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:36:40 06/30/16 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Miss Texas Top 5 predictions - Park Cities, Madison Fuller; Houston, Margana Wood; Plano, Caroline Carothers; Lubbock, Sydney Webster; Dallas, Brittany Tew. Also like ACU, Woodlands, North Texas, Collin Co., Duncanville, Coppell,

Author:
Glynda
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:51:45 06/30/16 Thu

Subject: State scoring

Author:
Been there
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:03:02 06/29/16 Wed

How state MAO scoring is done:

Score 1-10 considering only the phase of competition. High score and low score are dropped leaving middle three scores.

1-3 poor
4-6 average/ expected
7-9 good
10- perfect

The top 10-15 named

Before discussion judges give 1 overall score of
6- not ready for the job
7- probably not ready
8- maybe
9- probably ready
10-totally ready

These are given to the auditors and cannot be changed. Then a discussion follows. Rules of what can be said are very strict. Two positives/ two negatives for every girl. Cannot indicate where she falls on your list or make personal comments. Only these are areas she needs to work on/ areas I feel are her strengths. This composite score alone carries over to finals.

The top 10/15 compete again. You score on the new 6-10 scale based solely on whether she is ready. You can change your mind from prelims if she improved/ weakens in your estimation. No scores dropped.

Top 5 named- all scores erased.

You list the top 5 girls on your ballot in the order you would like them to finish. Your ballot often doesn't match exactly to other judges, so there are points awarded to each placement. No dropped scores here

Winner 10 pts
First ru 5 pts
Second ru 3 pts
Third ru 2 pts
Fourth ru 1 pt

Scores are added up to determine final court of honor/ queen placement and the titleholder is crowned.

Replies:
Subject: Miss Kentucky Night 1

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:08:09 06/30/16 Thu

I have arrived in Kentucky and am giving my annual review of the Miss Kentucky Pageant! This is one of my favorites to follow. You will recall that I missed Jessica Casebolt (but predicted top 5), correctly predicted Jenna Day AND all runners-up in the correct order, missed Ramsey Carpenter (whom I predicted in 6th place with Laura Jones the winner) and missed Clark Davis (whom I predicted as 4th runner-up with Claire Butler as my winner).
First, let me say that I am extremely disappointed in the outgoing queen. A titleholder should ALWAYS be aware of her surroundings and behave respectfully and appropriately. The newly crowned teen, however, seems delightful and I believe she will make the semi-finals at the national pageant.
Remember that I did not see interviews, so my opinions are just that. My predictions on Saturday will be based only on what I have seen. Now for tonight’s recap:
ALPHA GROUP (TALENT / OSQ)
Brooke Way, Miss Southeast Kentucky: Violin, “Praeludium and Allegro”; Pretty girl in a pretty red dress. An unfortunate draw – first girl on the same night as a strong fiddler. The piece was okay, but I doubt strong enough for top ten. The backing track was not the best and I really feel that she should have performed something more up tempo.
Haley Taulbee, Miss Somerset Community College: Vocal, “New York, New York.” A surprise here. Styled perfectly in a see-through and black stoned gown with a fairly good command of her vocals. One of the stronger of the night. One of the more facially beautiful girls in the pageant. Not my talent winner, but a contender for the semi-finals and also a QOL finalist.
Abby Frazier, Miss Heart of the Parks: Vocal, I Know It’s Today;” Very, very teen.
Emily Sharp, Miss Lexington: Piano, Michael Jackson’s “I Want You Back.” Given that her father died last week, kudos to her for even being on the stage. The piece is not difficult – I have heard it many times – but the audience enjoyed it and it is a showy piece. Pretty white pantsuit looked very hip and cool. I don’t think she will make top 10 based on everything I saw tonight, but she may be on my bubble by Saturday. Great stage presence.
Lydia Allen, Miss Horse Capital of the World: I expected more from this talent given that Lydia advanced last year. It was pretty, but I would have thought the difficulty would have ratchetted up a notch in a year’s time. Still, I believe she will likely advance. She was also a QOL finalist.
Allyson Ledford, Miss TOPS in Lexington: Clogging Routine, “Soul Man”: I admit I am not a fan of clogging unless it is spot-on perfect, but this was very good.. This was very, very good. Based on talent only, she could contend for a top ten spot, but I don’t believe she will be as strong on Friday.
Molly Matney, Miss Wayne County Area: Vocal, “Natural Woman“: Pretty girl styled well – red must be “in” this year. Vocals were good, but shaky at times. I believe her nerves got the best of her. She carried herself well and I believe she might be a contender for a spot in the top ten.
Kelsey Ulery, Miss Bath County: Clogging Routine, Elvis Presley Medley; Clogger number two and not quite as strong as the previous clogger, but more fun to watch. She used some gimmicks that I though seemed teen-ish, so I can’t give raving marks, but the talent was fun to watch. I really did not like the talent outfit.
Cynthia Thomas, Miss River City: Vocal, “Vienna.” Loved the tangerine talent gown. Memorable. I believe she is solid enough to advance to top ten and possibly top five, but I don’t feel “winner.” I like the maturity level.
Haley Wheeler, Miss Mammoth Cave Area: Piano, “Whitewater Chopsticks.” The face of the pageant. Beautiful from a distance and up close. Gorgeous red gown – styled perfectly. I believe I heard a couple of bum notes and a pause or two, but the strongest pianist of the night. I sense top ten, but she appears to lack confidence.
Georgia Gardner, Miss Goldenrod: Vocal, “Blue Moon of Kentucky.” This was last year’ non-finalist talent winner. The music arrangement is awkward with a long (3-5 second) pause where nothing happens. She begins acapella and then the music starts about midway through. On the cusp for top ten, but will have to see what happens tomorrow.
Abbigaile Gibson, Miss Northern Kentucky: Vocal: “When we Were Young“. Strong vocals, but a limited range. She seems a bit timid on-stage to me and I wish she had gone with something that showed a bit more range. I did not like the talent gown – I thought it looked like a cross between being too teen and being too matronly.
Katie Bouchard: Miss Belle of Louisville: Clogging routine: I always appreciate when a contestant takes up a new talent in order to compete in the system. This was a good effort for a new clogger, but really needs time to perfect. The energy level was just not there and there were a lot of unnecessary tricks and poses that detracted from the routine. QOL Finalist. I think she will be strong in every other area, but talent should keep her out of the semis.
Karlee Crose, Miss Ohio Valley: Vocal, “Feeling Good “. I liked the black dress. The song was a little dark, I thought, so it was appropriate. Vocals were not at all bad, but I do not sense semi-finals.
Shelby Morgan, Miss Heart of Kentucky: Vocal, “Stone Cold.” So, this contestant had a cancerous tumor removed from her throat area just a few weeks ago, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. When I closed my eyes, I did hear Demi Lovato, so she pulled the song off, but I wish she had performed a Broadway tune as she did last year I loved the red talent gown – very different. I do love that she took a gamble, and I believe it will pay off with a top ten spot, but I don’t know if she we will go higher. If the judges appreciate the contemporary style of music, though, she could win. OSQ winner by a mile – no one else even close.
Laura Jones, Miss Danville: Electric Fiddle, “Smooth Criminal.” I have seen this talent before so I knew what to expect, but it is excellent. This is the one talent from tonight that could make a splash at Miss America, so it is my talent winner. Styled perfectly. My only absolute lock for the top ten from night one. No lower than second runner-up, I feel. She was the overall talent winner and I had second in OSQ.
MU GROUP (SWIMSUIT AND GOWNS)
Swimsuit standouts for me: Tyra Sengkhamyong, Alexis Murray, and Annie Franklin. The winner was Alex Francke, and I truly did not see that coming.
Standout gowns: Alex Franke in a red liquid beaded gown with a fabulous train; Tyra Sengkhamyong in a white mermaid style gown; Alexis Murray in a goldenrod gown that looked fantastic against her darker skin; Alyssa Robb in a gorgeous white gown; and Annie Franklin in a rhinestoned gorgeous creation.
I will try to post earlier tomorrow night! Good production this far.

Replies:
Subject: are any former MAOT (state) competing in the remaining pageants

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:29:50 06/30/16 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Miss Florida Night 3 Winners; SS (Tie) Winter Park-Victoria Humphrey & Suncoast -Brittany Johnson Talent: Nature Coast-Sara Zeng

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:37:20 06/30/16 Thu

Replies:
  • (NT) -- Winner of talent Lara Zeno Miss Nature Coast, 22:32:33 06/30/16 Thu
  • Talent winner's name is Sara Zeng! (NT) -- Tha Kidd, 22:34:03 06/30/16 Thu
  • (NT) -- Winner of Swimsuit Victoria Humphrey Miss Winter Park, 22:34:18 06/30/16 Thu
  • (NT) -- Winner of Swimsuit Britttany Johnson Miss Suncoast, 22:37:12 06/30/16 Thu
Subject: 2016 MAO Teen Crowning Schedule, Updated 30 June 2016. Now featuring talents.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:29:48 06/30/16 Thu

26 September 2015
---Utah: Madeline Pettit (Piano--“Quinze Études de Virtuosité: Etude Opus 72, Number 6 in F Major”)
24 October 2015
---Idaho: Mady Thornquist (Ballet en Pointe--?)
9 January
---New Jersey: Nina Mojares (Vocal--?)
13 February
---New Hampshire: Teghan Gregson (Tap Dance--”Born to Hand Jive” from Grease)
5 March
---Tennessee: Leah Grace Humble (Tap Dance--”Great Balls of Fire”)
6 March
---Alabama: Tiara Pennington (Patriotic Vocal--Patriotic Medley. Anyone know what songs?)
3 April
---Massachusetts: Alyssa Maitoza (Tap Dance--”Pop”)
---Delaware: Ashley Swanson (Speed Painting--”Gonna Fly Now” from Rocky)
10 April
---Louisiana: Sarah Katherine McCallum (?--?)
---Connecticut: Samantha (Sami) Anderson (R&B/Soul Lyrical Dance--”One Moment in Time”)
---New York: Lauryn Whitfield (Afro-Funk Lyrical Dance--"Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)" / "Waka Waka (Esto es África)")
23 April
---Maine: Madison Leslie (Show Tune Vocal--?)
30 April
---Hawaii: Carly Yoshida (South Pacific Hula--?)
5 May
---Nevada: Heather Renner (Opera--?)
22 May
---Rhode Island: Kate DePetro (Show Tune Vocal--”Popular” from Wicked)
27 May
---Vermont: Alexandra Diehl (Ballet en Pointe--”Eye of the Tiger” from Rocky III)
29 May
---Washington; Vivian Dao (Piano--”Game of Thrones Medley”)
3 June
---Alaska: Danielle Stam (Latin Dance: Interpretive Flamenco--?)
4 June
---Mississippi: Stella Ford (R&B / Soul Vocal--”At Last”)
---South Dakota: Hunter Widvey (Opera--"Als Luise die Briefe ihres ungetreuen Liebhabers verbrannte" / "As Luise Was Burning the Letters of Her Unfaithful Lover")
10 June
---Nebraska: Hannah Miller (Tap Dance--?)
---Oklahoma: Nicole Jia (Piano--"Variations on Ronda Alla Turca")
---Montana: Faith Johnson (Show Tune Vocal--”I’m Not Alone” from the Broadway rendition of Carrie)
11 June
---Kansas: Paige Kauffmann (Show Tune Vocal--”A Change In Me” from the Broadway rendition of Beauty and the Beast)
---Iowa: Julia Campbell (Drums--”We’re Not Gonna Take It”)
---Arkansas: Emily Brewer (Tap Dance--?)
---Colorado: Makenzie Matz (Cheerleading / Tumbling--?)
12 June
---North Dakota: Lyndsey Scheurer (American Pop-Rock Vocal / Guitar--”Bright”)
15 June
---Ohio: Madison Heichel (Show Tune Vocal--”Don’t Rain On My Parade” from Funny Girl)
---Michigan: Kendra Lodewyk (Opera--“Ave Maria” (“Ellen’s Third Song” / “Ellens dritter Gesang”))
17 June
---Georgia: Kelsey Hollis (Canadian Pop-Rock Vocal--”Hallelujah”)
---Minnesota: Cali Weddle (Vocal--?)
---Missouri: Christina Stratton (Euro-Pop Lyrical Dance--”Dancing Queen”)
---Illinois: Christina Bryant (Canadian Pop-Rock Vocal--”Hallelujah”)
18 June
---Indiana: Jordan Axel (Tap Dance--?)
---New Mexico: Madison Belcher (Piano--”Puttin’ on the Ritz”)
19 June
---District of Columbia: Nilah Pettus (Dance--?)
24 June
---Pennsylvania: Alyssa Bainbridge (R&B / Soul Vocal--”I Was Here”)
---South Carolina: Mikayla Stark (Clogging--”Great Balls of Fire”)
---Wisconsin: Kylene Spanbauer (Baton Twirl--”Explosive”)
25 June
---North Carolina: Catherine White (Tap Dance--”Feet Don’t Fail Me Now”)
---Virginia: Emily Allara (Dance--?)
---Maryland: Allison LaForce (Jazz Dance--?)
---Kentucky: Chapel Tinius (Country Vocal Medley / Fiddle--”The Devil Went Down to Georgia” and “Orange Blossom Special”)
---Arizona: Elan Katherine Morris (Dance--?)
---Wyoming: Rae’lee Klein (?--?)
26 June
---West Virginia: Grace Aulabaugh (Dance--?)
---Puerto Rico: ? (?--?)
1 July
---Texas
---California
2 July
---Florida
---Oregon

Replies:
Subject: MA Contestants

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:45:43 05/16/16 Mon

Bay State - Monique Vacon (Vocal) (New)
Blackstone Valley - Sabrina Ponte (Vocal) (2015)
Boston - Maggie Markham (Comedic Monologue) (New)
Bristol County- Brianna Bostick (Vocal) (2014-1st R/U, Sweetheart) (2012-2nd R/U)(MASS OT - 2009)
Cambridge - Alissa Musto (Piano) (2015-4th R/U, Prelim Talent Winner)
Central Massachusetts - Jocelyne Nunes (Jazz Dance) (2015-NFT Award)(2014)(2013)
Collegiate Area - Meghan Rubadou (Character Performance) (New)
Commonwealth - Lyndsey Littlefield (Jazz Dance) (2015)
Cranberry Country - Kira Kopacz (Broadway Vocal) (2015-Top 11)(2014-Top 11)(2013-NFT)
Fall River - Samantha Hawkins (Piano) (2015-2nd R/U, Prelim Talent Award)(2013-MD-1st R/U, Prelim SS Award, MD Sweetheart, Top 10 and Interview Award at National Sweetheart)(2012-MD)
Greater Worcester - Alyssa Weathersby (Operatic Vocal) (New)
Hampshire County - Jennifer Bergeron (Acro/Musical Theatre Dance) (New)
Lakeville - Kaitlyn Lima (Lyrical Dance) (New)
Mayflower - Gina Brazao (Irish Step Dance) (2015)(2014)
Middleboro - Emily Thomas (Tap Dance) (New)(2012-MASS DYW)
Middlesex County - Aubrie Pryzbyz (Acrobatic Dance) (2015-Top 11)(2014-NFT Winner)
New Bedford - Kristen Rose (Musical Theatre Vocal) (2015)
Pioneer Valley - Anastasia Lusnia (Ballet en Pointe) (2015-Top 11)
Plymouth County - Renee Banks (Tap Dance) (2015-Judges Newbie Interview Award)
Somerset - June Klemmer (Vocal) (New)
Southcoast - Jillian Zucco (Vocal) (2015-1st R/U, Prelim SS Award)(2014-Top 11, Miracle Maker Award, Community Service Award)(2013-Semi-Finalist)
South Shore - Samantha McGraw (Vocal) (2015)
Taunton - Molly Caron (Vocal) (2015)(2013-Community Service Award)
Western Massachusetts - Amanda Morton (Jazz Dance) (2015-3rd R/U, Prelim SS Award)(2013)

Photos: http://missmassachusetts.tripod.com/id110.html

Replies:
Subject: KY Contestants (Class Complete)

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:38:28 04/11/16 Mon

Ashland Area - Hope LeMaster (2015)
Belle of Louisville - Katie Bouchard (New)
Black University of Louisville - Alexis Murry
Bowling Green - Annie Franklin (2013-Semifinalist)(2012-3rd R/U, Prelim SS)(2011-Semifinalist)(2010-4th R/U)
Cardinal Country - Sidney Cobb (New)
Danville - Laura Jones (2014-3rd R/U, Prelim Talent Award)(2013-3rd R/U, Prelim Talent Award)(2012)(KYOT - 2010)
Eastern Kentucky - Molly Kothlow (New)
Fayette County - Mackenzie Hammond (New)
Goldenrod - Georgia Gardner (2015)(2014)
Grayson - Charlee Schaefer (New)
Heart of Kentucky - Shelby Morgan (2015-Top 13)
Heart of the Parks - Abby Frazier (New)
Historic Stearns - Tyra Sengkhamyong (2015)
Horse Capital of the World - Lydia Allen (2015-Top 13)(2014)(2010-NAM KY Jr. Teen Queen)
Jefferson County - Talia Horn (2015-4th R/U)(2014-Top 13)
Lexington - Emily Sharp (New)
Magoffin County - Kathleen Smith (2014)
Mammoth Cave Area - Haley Wheeler (2015)
McCreary County - Rachel Wells (New)
McCrearyFest – Laura Castle (2015)
Monticello - Dakoda Trenary (2015-Top 13)(2014-Top 13)
Northern Kentucky - Abbie Gibson (New)
Ohio Valley - Karlee Crose (New)
River City - Cynthia Thomas (2015-Top 13)(2014-NFT)
Somerset Community College - Haley Taulbee (New)
Southeast Kentucky - Brooke Danielle Way (New)
Tops in Lexington - Allyson Ledford (New)
University of Kentucky - Alex Francke (KYOT - 2014)
University of Louisville - Taylor Parks (New)
Wayne County Area - Molly Matney (New)
Western Kentucky - Alyssa Robb (2015)

Replies:
Subject: Miss KY Prelims

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:19:58 06/30/16 Thu

Talent was Laura Jones, Miss Danville and swimsuit was Alex Francke, Miss University of Kentucky

Subject: Anything about Oregon? I know they are small but I'm curious.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:21:27 06/30/16 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Best director you ever had.....

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:11:15 06/30/16 Thu

I'm a new director and was wondering, what are some of the things your director did for you that you really appreciated when you competed? Like in what way did they go above and beyond to make your experience a great one?

Replies:
Subject: Do all of the state's run their teen competition with the miss competition?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:57:37 06/29/16 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Miss Florida Night 2 Prelim Winners

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:08:40 06/29/16 Wed

Swimsuit: Miss Daytona Beach Lindsey Bettis
Talent: Miss Pasco County Lauren Nielson

Replies:
Subject: I'm at Miss California and Gaspar has designed two gowns that I know of. They are gorgeous. Does anyone know how much he charges foe a custom gown?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:52:23 06/30/16 Thu

Replies:
Subject: There are tons of interview pics on facebook from Kentucky. Does anyone know how to post?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:30:41 06/29/16 Wed

Replies:
Subject: With the increasing escalating cost of pageants, why do states continue to put the unnecessary burden on locals and or contestants with a finale production outfit. Why can't contestants just wear their competition gown for crowning?

Author:
Thoughts
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:04:28 06/30/16 Thu

Replies:
Subject: VA Top 11

Author:
Comment
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:23:28 06/25/16 Sat

Dorothy Kelly (Talent)
Taylor Reynolds (SS)
Cameron Smith
Olivia Shedd
Harlie Dale
Briana Ruff
Veronica Robertson (Talent & SS)
Hailee Welch
Michaela Sigmon
Lauren Mitchell
Andolyn Medina

Replies:
Subject: MA 2017

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:33:55 06/26/16 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Florida has a teen competing who's grandmother was the MAOT chaperone for many years and was a Princess at the national level for a Florida queen who just happens to be one of her judges this year. How is this not a conflict of interest?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:33:44 06/25/16 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Former Outstanding Teens crowned with Miss State titles for 2016-17. So far, 13--the most of any class. There could be one or two more. For the list, click this.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:38:31 06/29/16 Wed

1. DELAWARE (2008)--Amanda Debus
2. ARIZONA (2009)--Katelyn Niemiec
3. MISSISSIPPI (2009)--Laura Lee Lewis
4. NEW JERSEY (2009)--Brenna Joanne Weick
5. NEW YORK (2010 Georgia)--Camille Sims
6. MAINE (2010)--Marybeth Noonan
7. INDIANA (2011)--Brianna DeCamp
8. LOUISIANA (2011)--Justine Ker
9. NEVADA (2011)--Bailey Gumm
10. NORTH CAROLINA (2011)--McKenzie Jade Faggart
11. SOUTH CAROLINA (2012)--Rachel Yuki Wyatt
12. WEST VIRGINIA (2012)--Morgan Hope Breeden
13. NEW HAMPSHIRE (2014)--Caroline Carter

Rachel Yuki Wyatt is the 2nd Miss America’s Outstanding Teen to win a state title (Not counting Elizabeth Fechtel’s short-lived title as Miss Florida, which she lost to Victoria Cowan due to a tabulation error). The 1st was Miss Alabama 2014 Caitlin Brunell (MAOT 2008)

Replies:
Subject: Loving this photo of Miss Connecticut

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:50:29 06/26/16 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Miss Wisconsin

Author:
Great Lakes- Madeline Kumm Madison- Sarah Newton Lacrosse- Zoee Rou Kenosha- Brynn Weinzirl Fond du lac- Katrina Mazier Oshkosh- Serena Larie Milwaukee- Mary O'Connell Green Bay- Courtney Pelot St. Francis- Gina Milliaca Harbor cities- Tianna Vanderhai Wisconsin central- Tara Pizer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:34:11 06/25/16 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Swimsuit Competition Eliminated At Miss Teen

Author:
no name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:14:42 06/29/16 Wed

One of America's highest-profile beauty pageants just traded bikinis for athleisure.

In recent years, competitions have increasingly modernized, featuring women that break the mold of the traditional pageant queen — like Miss Missouri Erin O'Flaherty, who will compete as Miss America's first openly gay contestant this year, and Miss District of Columbia Deshauna Barber, the Army officer crowned 2016's Miss USA. But still, the much-maligned swimsuit competition remains a staple of the major pageants.

That's no longer the case for Miss Teen USA, after the Miss Universe organization announced that the pageant is going swimsuit-free. Instead, the 51 women (from the 50 states plus D.C.) will be judged in a brand-new athletic wear competition.

Pageant organizers have long said swimsuit portions were intended to show off the athleticism of the competitors. But Miss Teen USA's transition to athletic wear reads as less exploitative and more focused on the importance of physical fitness for its younger participants, aged 15-19.

“I have been an athlete my entire life. As a member of a softball team and a competitive dance team, I spend a lot of time in athletic wear,” says Katherine Haik, the reigning Miss Teen USA.

Replies:
Subject: Miss Connecticut Top 10

Author:
yrralh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:42:56 06/18/16 Sat

Gina Salvatore
Jennifer Binversie
Jillian Duffy
Bridget Oei (Prelim SS/T)
Alyssa Anderson
Trenee McGee
Alyssa Taglia (Prelim SS)
Christina Judd
Jonet Nichelle (Prelim SS/T)
Eliza Lynn Kanner

Replies:
Subject: Night two of Miss Texas! Nadia Green is beautiful and so is Caroline Carruthers! FYI, Bexar County is pronounced "Behr County", I did not know.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:47:38 06/29/16 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Miss America Arrival Date

Author:
Emma
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:43:34 06/29/16 Wed

When do the Miss America contestants arrive in Atlantic City? Does anyone know?

Replies:
Subject: Miss Florida Results Night Two: Talent - Pasco County and SS - Daytona Beach

Author:
Tha Kidd
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:08:28 06/29/16 Wed

Subject: Miss Masschusetts Pageant

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:13:48 06/29/16 Wed

Although we won't be live streamed on Friday or Saturday night, we will have continuous coverage during the show.

We are happy to announce that Ashley Kroll will be live tweeting both Preliminaries on Friday night and Finals on Saturday. Both shows begin at 7:00 P.M. EST. Her Twitter name is @ashleyrosekroll. She will use the hashtag #MissMass2016 in her posts. This Miss Massachusetts MAO Facebook page will also have live updates both nights.

Replies:
Subject: Miss Florida Night One Prelim Winners

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:12:05 06/28/16 Tue

Swimsuit: Miss Orlando Courtney Sexton
Talent: (Tie) Miss Orange County Taylor Tyson & Miss University of Florida Savannah Judkins

Replies:
Subject: Love seeing the Miss state titleholders together at the Miss PA pageant

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:37:37 06/29/16 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Why do so many girls wear white gowns? I prefer a girl wears a color that complements her complexion.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:10:17 06/27/16 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Love Miss CO's headshot.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:32:55 06/27/16 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Miss Rhode Island, Shruti Nagarajan

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:08:14 06/29/16 Wed

(Beautiful photo by Daniel Gagnon)

Replies:
Subject: California or Texas?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:18:09 06/29/16 Wed

East Coast pageant fan here -- my state's pageant is over and I'd like to watch either Texas or California this week. I missed them both last night, but won't have to miss them this week. Since they are both paid streams, I will only watch one -- which stream is better? Which pageant would be more fun to watch? Haven't watched either in the past.

Thanks!

Replies:
Subject: Miss California - First Prelim Night

Author:
HNJ
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:10:12 06/28/16 Tue

Anyone else watching the livestream? I decided to spend the $30 for all 5 nights, since California looks like it'll be an interesting year! They're doing introductions now, which will take a while with 96 contestants across Teen and Miss.

One question: is the feed jumping around for anyone else? Mine keeps freezing then jumping to catch up.

Thankfully, Bree Morse is introducing each girl! Title, name, they wave and they're gone. This should keep the time reasonable!

Replies:
Subject: Texas Judges? Who are they?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:31:48 06/29/16 Wed

Does anyone know who the Miss/Teen Judges are in Texas?

Replies:
Subject: Miss Virginia photos http://www.pbase.com/nikonbuff/2016missvirginiapageant

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:41:33 06/20/16 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Miss Puerto Rico, Carole Rigual

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:53:38 06/28/16 Tue

Replies:
Subject: What is the best way to sell old pageant dresses?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:42:56 06/29/16 Wed

I have several gowns and wondered what has been most successful for y'all. Thanks!

Subject: Miss Teen USA, to eliminate swimsuit competition.http://www.usatoday.com/

Author:
no name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:20:51 06/29/16 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Can someone please explain the new judging process this year? Is the composite score of each contestant used for the top 10 after prelims or is it thrown out? Or is it there now a new process I've heard of where each judge rates each top 10 contestant with a score between 10 & 6 (10 being she can fully execute the title and responsibilities and 6 where it's questionable) and then a composite of that score goes into the final night?

Author:
Curious. We should all understand the new judging process now that final ballot is gone.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:19:16 06/28/16 Tue

Replies:
Subject: How did Devin Kerns do in Oklahoma? And how did Paula Smith do this year?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:30:31 06/28/16 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Congratulations to Hannah Brewer, Miss Maryland

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:32:54 06/28/16 Tue

Replies:
Subject: TX prelims:

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:34:51 06/28/16 Tue

SS: Houston, Talent: Bear (?) County and Lubbock

Replies:
Subject: Miss TEXAS

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:00:58 06/28/16 Tue

Is there a Miss Texas message board that is actually active? The link on the top of this page leads to a board that hasn't had any updates since Miss America. Thanks!

Replies:
Subject: Miss Florida 1st Night Preliminary Results: SS: Miss Orlando (last year's 3rd RU), Talent (Tie) Miss Orange County & Miss University of Florida

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:16:08 06/28/16 Tue

Subject: Is there any way girls can live in one state and compete in another state? I have watched some girls who deserve the win and will never win the state. It is not fair to them so what can they do. I have watched 3 relocate and with 2 winning. Any other options for these girls if it is alledged their state is not doing the right thing?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:01:57 06/26/16 Sun

Replies:
Subject: CAN SOMEONE FACEBOOK LIVE THE MISS TEXAS PAGEANT SO US TEXANS CAN ACTUALLY SEE IT> WE ARE BLOCKED FROM WATCHING AND IT IS ABSOLUTE TORTURE! LET US KNOW IF YOU WILL AND WHO YOU ARE PLEASE>

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:35:26 06/28/16 Tue

Subject: who are the former maot going to miss america this year? I cannot find the post

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:31:37 06/28/16 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Congratulations to Miss Wyoming, Jordyn Hall

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:51:26 06/27/16 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Will Miss California be web streamed?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:00:07 06/28/16 Tue

Replies:
Archives: 123456789 ]
Free Hit Counter
Saks Fifth Avenue Coupon
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.