VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
FUND FREE MAMMOGRAMS
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]

Pageant Guru Message Board - Unmoderated
Contestants and EDs: If you see erroneous information posted about you or your organization, please click on the Contact Forum Admin to have the data corrected.
State Websites Message Bds Official MAO Links Community
Miss America State Contestants
Miss America Groupings
Judges Manual
The Week Courtesy of Ernie Koneck
The Road to Miss America Board Courtesy of yrralh
Class of 2015 in Press of Atlantic City

Subject: The new Miss America...

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:43:12 07/13/14 Sun

Let the predictions begin! Who do you think will be the next Miss America?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: What would you like to see in the People's Choice Videos?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:24:28 07/24/14 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Preliminary Swimsuit

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:59:10 07/23/14 Wed

Please list Miss States that wine their prelim SS at state.

Replies:
Subject: First half of Alpha talents! (MD, WA, VI, ND, VT, UT, NY, WV, DC)

Author:
midwester
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:18:41 07/17/14 Thu

After the lottery, I decided to augment my spotlight, focusing on a specific area of competition.

I now present to you the first half of Alpha and their talents. If my information is right, I think a prelimianry night of competition sees the first half of talent compete, then other competition areas, and then the last half compete. So, here is the first half of Alpha, in the order they compete!

Maryland--Ballet en Pointe

While I couldn't find any definitive video of MD, I did find a dance bio:
Jade Kenny has been dancing for only 8 years. She started her training at Dance Center in Salisbury where she danced for 4 years and then left Salisbury to study at the Eastern Shore Dance Academy for the past 4 years. She has been a member of the Cambridge Ballet Company for 3 years and held the roles of Rat king, Spanish and Rosebud in "The Nutcracker". She attended the Kirov Academy of Ballet in 2006 for a summer intensive and also a workshop for the world famous Radio City Rockettes. Jade performed on the Royal Caribbean Cruise ship along with other Eastern Shore Dance Academy students in January of 2009. She has been crowned Miss Free State America, Miss. Annapolis, Miss. Alabama and competes in many other pagents where her talent is ballet. She was awarded best talent in the Miss. Maryland Competition in 2012.

Jade graduated from the University of Alabama where she will be majored in Sports Broadcasting. Whilein Alabama she danced on the University of Alabama's dance team, "The Crimson Cabaret". Jade will miss dancing and learning with her close friends. In 2013 she became a Washington Wizards dancer.

I found a Youtube video of the Crimson Cabaret in 2011. I think she is in this, but I do not know for sure. Anyway, if she was, this video should give you a general idea of her talent skill:

Washington--Vocal

This is a nice compilation video of Miss WA competing in all areas of comeptition at Miss WA. To see just her talent, skip to 1:38.

Virgin Islands--Vocal

Again, this is a competition compilation. Skip to :56 to see Miss VI sing. [side note, someone get Isabella Sylvester a little bit of vocal coaching and have her compete again, but wow that girl has got a powerful voice.]

North Dakota--Jazz Vocal

This was the best example of Miss ND's singing I could find. I believe she is the tall blonde.

Miss Vermont--Vocal

:-( I could find nothing indicating VT's talent. If anyone else can, please feel free to add to this post!

Miss Utah--Character Jazz Routine

This was another tricky contestant. The best video I could find was the pretty cool behind the scenes video with little snippets of a lot of the competition.

Snippets of Miss UT's talent can be found at 1:09-1:15 and 4:18-4:23. Additionally, I was able to find a dance bio for her:

She began tumbling and gymnastics when she was 4 years old. At the age of 10 she decided to give dance a try and began training in jazz, ballet, point, lyrical, tap, and hip hop. She quickly fell in love with it and began competing with her studio. At 13 she became the youngest dancer to perform in the Celebrate America Show. Once entering high school, she became a Logan high Hi-Lo for 2 years where she danced under the instruction of our very own Lisa Preece and Jodi Lamb. She switched to cheer for the last 2 year of high school and served as Varsity cheer captain. After graduating from Logan High, she went on to become an instructor for Universal Dance Association. This was her second Summer teaching for UDA. She not only had the amazing opportunity of traveling within the states, but to teach in Germany and Croatia as well! Karlie loves being able to work with such talented young dancers and is looking forward to another great year!

Miss New York--Vocal

Again was inable to find anything about Miss NY's talent. :-(

Miss West Virginia--Vocal

Miss WV sang this song at Miss WV this year. However, this particular video is from 2012.[girl is very talented!]

Miss District of Columbia--piano

Girls who won talent awards: MD (overall talent), ND (did not prelim talent but won top vocalist), WV (prelim talent)

Missing overall talent info on Virgin Islands and Vermont.

Next up, 2nd half of Alpha!

Replies:
Subject: Wonderful Miss Mississippi video covering the parade, and all prelims/prelim winners competing with crowning at the end. To Jump to Jasmine's talent go to 3:45 and for her SS go to 17:30

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:43:04 07/23/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Preliminary Talemt Winners

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:56:22 07/23/14 Wed

Please list Miss states here that won Prelim talent at their state (and their selection).

Replies:
Subject: Updated National Sweetheart Collage

Author:
courtesy of Miss A Unlimited
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:18:43 07/23/14 Wed

1st Row:

- Miss Alabama's Sweetheart, Elisabeth Chramer
- Miss Alaska's Sweetheart, Zoey Grenier
- Miss Arizona's Sweetheart, Hannah Morgan
- Miss Arkansas' Sweetheart, Bailey Moses
- Miss California's Sweetheart, Ashley Ott
- Miss Colorado's Sweetheart, Chelsi Rose
- Miss Connecticut's Sweetheart, Alexandria Puglisi (OFFICIAL)
- Miss Delaware's Sweetheart, Brooke Mitchell
- Miss District of Columbia's Sweetheart, Amelia Wolfe

2nd Row:

- Miss Florida's Sweetheart, Chloe Lupo (OFFICIAL)
- Miss Georgia's Sweetheart, Taylor Voyles (OFFICIAL)
- Miss Hawaii's Sweetheart, TBD
- Miss Idaho's Sweetheart, TBD
- Miss Illinois' Sweetheart, Amanda Goerlitz (OFFICIAL)
- Miss Indiana's Sweetheart, Morgan Jackson
- Miss Iowa's Sweetheart, Serica Rowley (OFFICIAL)
- Miss Kansas' Sweetheart, TBD
- Miss Kentucky's Sweetheart, TBD

3rd Row:

- Miss Louisiana's Sweetheart, Kelly Bernard (OFFICIAL)
- Miss Maine's Sweetheart, TBD
- Miss Maryland's Sweetheart, Ebony Sherrill
- Miss Massachusetts' Sweetheart, TBD
- Miss Michigan's Sweetheart, TBD
- Miss Minnesota's Sweetheart, Rachel Latuff (OFFICIAL)
- Miss Mississippi's Sweetheart, TBD
- Miss Missouri's Sweetheart, Jeni Dixon
- Miss Montana's Sweetheart, TBD

4th Row:

- Miss Nebraska's Sweetheart, Rachel Foehlinger (OFFICIAL)
- Miss Nevada's Sweetheart, Bailey Gumm
- Miss New Hampshire's Sweetheart, Holly Blanchard
- Miss New Jersey's Sweetheart, Devon Vanderslice
- Miss New Mexico's Sweetheart, TBD
- Miss New York's Sweetheart, Jamie Lynn Macchia
- Miss North Carolina's Sweetheart, TBD
- Miss North Dakota's Sweetheart, Faye Stromberg (OFFICIAL)
- Miss Ohio's Sweetheart, TBD

5th Row:

- Miss Oklahoma's Sweetheart, Georgia Frazier
- Miss Oregon's Sweetheart, TBD
- Miss Pennsylvania's Sweetheart, TBD
- Miss Puerto Rico's Sweetheart, TBD
- Miss Rhode Island's Sweetheart, Alexandra Curtis
- Miss South Carolina's Sweetheart, TBD
- Miss South Dakota's Sweetheart, Jade Possail (OFFICIAL)
- Miss Tennessee's Sweetheart, Jaclyn Torrento (OFFICIAL)
- Miss Texas' Sweetheart, Madison Adams (OFFICIAL)

6th Row:

- Miss Utah's Sweetheart, TBD
- Miss Vermont's Sweetheart, Alayna Westcom
- Miss Virgin Islands' Sweetheart, TBD
- Miss Virginia's Sweetheart, TBD
- Miss Washington's Sweetheart, Megan Leibold (OFFICIAL)
- Miss West Virginia's Sweetheart, Olivia Staubs
- Miss Wisconsin's Sweetheart, Chelsey Wasielewski (OFFICIAL)
- Miss Wyoming's Sweetheart, TBD

Replies:
Subject: Good Luck Miss Ohio Teen Rosie Westerbeck!!  photo 6d08c3d0-c3fd-453a-bb90-44fe341db502_zps8410fc48.jpg

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:15:14 07/23/14 Wed

photo a97e88da-0227-4bdf-87de-c6f11dfddf93_zps49b2b805.jpg

Replies:
Subject: State Prelim Interview Winners

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:35:48 07/23/14 Wed

Is there a list anywhere of who won their state interview group? If not, please list it on this thread.

Replies:
Subject: ATLANTIC CITY JUNKED

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:29:45 07/23/14 Wed

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-07-23/atlantic-city-s-credit-rating-cut-two-steps-to-junk-by-moody-s.html

Replies:
Subject: Good Luck to Miss Kansas' Outstanding Teen

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:00:50 07/23/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject: What day do teens arrive in Orlando? What is their 1st official appearance?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:54:38 07/24/14 Thu

Replies:
Subject: The Miss Thousand Islands Pageant will be celebrating it's 50th Anniversary on August 9th!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:41:00 07/24/14 Thu

Subject: Miss America Goes to Washington

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:03:11 07/23/14 Wed

http://www.usnews.com/news/stem-solutions/articles/2014/07/23/miss-america-goes-to-washington-to-talk-stem

Replies:
Subject: Miss CA Article

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:06:24 07/23/14 Wed

By Hallie Jacobs

Marina Inserra, '13, is a theater-lover, philanthropist, celebrated vocalist and Aztec for Life. The Renaissance woman recently added another accolade to her resume: Miss California.

"It's still surreal to me," the recent San Diego State University graduate said. "I've watched the pageant for many years, so to finally receive the crown myself was incredible."

Inserra competed in the Miss California pageant in late June against 53 other hopefuls. Three years ago she placed in the top five and last year she placed in the top 10. After years of hard work and fine-tuning her talent — singing — Inserra brought home the coveted title.

Life on the Mesa

Inserra was admitted to SDSU in 2009 through Compact for Success Program, a partnership between the Sweetwater Union High School District and SDSU that supports student success by connecting students to the resources of the campus community.

Inserra at graduation
Inserra graduated from SDSU in 2013.

With a passion for performance, she decided to pursue a theater degree with an emphasis in performance.

"I started doing pageants in high school and was instantly hooked," she said. "I won the Miss San Diego Outstanding Teen title, which is a subsidiary of Miss California."

Inserra credits her ability to perform on stage to her training and experience in SDSU's theater program.

"I really enjoyed my experience at San Diego State University," Inserra said. "The theater program was incredible — it's full of talented people. I still stay in contact with my theater friends, and some of them have been to my pageants to cheer me on."

Inserra auditioned for the production "Into the Woods" as a freshman and was the youngest cast member in the show. Her theater career at SDSU also featured roles in numerous productions.

She was also a member of the Delta Zeta sorority.

An altruistic leader

Inserra's favorite aspect in pageantry is the focus on serving the community.

Through her platform — breast cancer awareness — she was selected as a spokesperson and volunteer for Susan G. Komen, San Diego and has raised more than $12,000 for breast cancer research and support. She has also volunteered hundreds of hours to the cause.

“It’s very rewarding to go out and help other people,” she said. "When people think of pageants they think of the negatives and what they see on television. It's so much more than that — we do a lot of community engagement."

An Aztec for Life

Inserra is grateful for her time on the Mesa.

"SDSU gave me so much — a multitude of opportunities to perform, a network of people that helped me get to where I am; a fun, relaxed environment; beautiful campus and encouraging environment filled with professors who want you to be involved and follow your passions," she said.

Inserra is preparing for the Miss America pageant taking place in Atlantic City on September 14.

"I want to make our state proud," she said. "And I want to make SDSU proud!"

Though the future is bright for Inserra, she will never lose touch with her Aztec roots.

"I love being an Aztec," she said. "SDSU is my home."

Replies:
Subject: Miss ID seems to have perfect facial features to me

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:30:38 07/23/14 Wed

Maggie O'Mara ώ@maggieKTVB7 · 15h
Great interview with Miss Idaho @sierra_anne93! Watch for her inspiring #7sHero Sunday on @KTVB. #showmeyourpump

Replies:
Archives: 12345678 ]
Free Hit Counter
Saks Fifth Avenue Coupon
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.