VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time ]

Pageant Guru Message Board

Not affiliated with any pageant system
State Websites Social Media Message Boards Community

RTMA

Subject: Someone posted current musical theater songs?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:25:40 09/17/17 Sun

My friend, an alto, needs a talent selection and I remembered someone had posted some contemporary ideas. Thank you

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Looking for a lesser known and affordable pageant coach. Any suggestions?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:12:05 09/22/17 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Miss A spotting

Author:
BlancheDevereaux
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:33:43 09/18/17 Mon

I spy Miss America, Cara Mund sitting in the Dancing With The Stars audience tonight behind Alfonso Rubiero!

Replies:
Subject: I saw a post earlier about the Rent in the NJ Office and a DC office. Does anyone know who goes into an office in either place...and why? You have an office because you need to show off your organization and do demonstrations and presentations fo awesome stuff and software or your organization. Are we paying money for things that could be pretty much done virtually? I had no idea Sam went into the office every day and lives in New Jersey, and other people in control go into a DC office. Is this the case? They go into the office every day? Because that's very surprising to me and that's some fat right there that could be cut. Get rid of offices. There's Internet and ability to work from your homes. Why are we renting space as a non-profit for office space? How many people are going into these offices and why would they even need to?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:54:06 09/21/17 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Favorite names at Miss America? How about Soncee? Thanks.

Author:
d...
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:34:58 09/20/17 Wed

Replies:
Subject: I wish the idiots that post nasty things on this board would go away. Their selfish ridiculousness causes us to lose valuable data on this board. Take your political opinions and outright meanness and keep them to yourselves.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:36:36 09/22/17 Fri

Replies:
Subject: What are the odds.. Cara as NDOT 2010 in MA 2011's shoe parade, holding the sign for Debra Barnes, MA 1968.. who celebrated her golden anniversary at MA 2018.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:08:54 09/22/17 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Taking over the state title when your girl is named Miss America

Author:
Ole Pageant Gal
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:50:31 09/21/17 Thu

As we all know, it is not always the 1st runner-up that takes over the crown.
The rule is you can only compete for Miss America one time. So, if a girl takes over the crown and doesn't have that opportunity, she can always come back and try to win the state title herself. There have been only 3 girls in the history of the pageant that have been able to do that - a girl from CA, a girl from IL and the most recent was a girl from WI.
The prize package the girls won on the original night of crowning doesn't change except for whatever presents the new Miss State may be given for taking over the crown. The last time our state won, the new Miss State didn't get any additional scholarship monies. She did get a $1,000 check from the MA organization for wardrobe or whatever she wanted to use it for. The clothing sponsors gave the original Miss State clothes for Miss America and didn't provide anything additional for the new Miss State. I have heard other states (I think Alabama was one) that totally duplicated the prizes for the new Miss State, including upping the scholarship money.
Does anyone know what other states have done for their new Miss State? Or maybe someone who took over the crown can tell us what it was like .

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone know how much it costs to join the centennial club? Thanks!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:56:31 09/22/17 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Love Miss West Virginia's comments about "casual" wear in Atlantic City

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:10:16 09/22/17 Fri

http://www.journal-news.net/news/local-news/2017/09/hardy-miss-america-was-the-best-time-of-my-life/

Replies:
Subject:
Nielsen Social Ratings: September 4 – September 10

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:05:32 09/19/17 Tue

Thanks to Irma, this week’s Nielsen Social Ratings are up a bit late. But here they are! Topping the charts this week was the 2018 Miss America Competition with over 1.3 million interactions. The Content Ratings use the total number of social interactions across Facebook and Twitter to rank the top 10 series/specials and sporting events, separately. The chart includes uniques, which are “unique social media accounts that have authored original content related to a linear TV episode or engaged with that content,” and interactions, which are “original social media posts related to a linear TV episode and the engagement with that content.”

Replies:
Subject: Is this correct?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:40:21 09/22/17 Fri

My husband and I are big fans of the Today in History column. We read it every morning, enjoying all the historical facts that occurred on that day in history. But on Sept. 11, I found an error in that column. I’m pretty certain I won’t be the only one referring to this error and that you will hear from others.

The error: “1954: The Miss America pageant made its network TV debut on ABC; Miss California Lee Meriwether was crowned the winner.” (She did go on to win in 1955).

In 1954, my husband and I were newlyweds, moving to Denver, Colorado, where he was stationed at Lowry Air Force Base. At that time, we were so proud to have our own black and white TV set. On top of that, we were going to watch the Miss America contest from Atlantic City, New Jersey. For this big event, we had invited quite a few of my husband’s buddies from the base to watch the show. At the end of the pageant, when the winner was announced — Bert Parks saying, “and the new Miss America is from Ephrata, Pennsylvania, and her name is Miss Evelyn Ay.’’ We were overjoyed the new Miss America was from our (general) area of Lancaster County.

Boy, were our friends impressed — they were from all over the USA and a Miss Pennsylvania had won the show. (What a wonderful representative Evelyn was, too — a Miss America to be proud of and from our state as well!). Just thought I’d let you know that it wasn’t Lee Meriwether who won that day in 1954.

Shirley J. Webb

East Hempfield Township

http://lancasteronline.com/opinion/letters_to_editor/recalling-lancaster-county-s-miss-america/article_f5d78cec-9edb-11e7-b8c5-b3791dae112a.html

Replies:
Subject: What is Cara's appearance fee? I noticed MAO sent out an email soliciting appearances today. What do they charge for her to come to an event?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:48:56 09/19/17 Tue

Replies:
Subject:

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:23:41 09/22/17 Fri

Replies:
Subject: What did Cara's parade outfit represent? Is there a close-up of her shoe's?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:21:12 09/22/17 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Vermont's Erin Connor became power new voice for aviation at Miss America

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:43:28 09/21/17 Thu

http://www.flyingmag.com/vermonts-erin-connor-became-powerful-new-voice-for-aviation-at-miss-america

Replies:
Subject: Miss Utah's Outstanding Teen pageant is scheduled for Sep 29th-30th. Is this the first one for the season?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:08:13 09/21/17 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Join us on Sunday, October 1st at Auburn High School in Auburn, Alabama as we honor Jessica Baeder, Miss America's Outstanding Teen from 2:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. The address for Auburn High School is 1701 East Samford Avenue.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:11:31 09/21/17 Thu

Subject: Miss North Dakota 2017

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:25:52 09/20/17 Wed

http://www.wday.com/news/4330839-lizzie-jensen-named-miss-north-dakota-2017

Replies:
Subject: Cara Mund - Coca Cola Scholar

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:54:31 09/19/17 Tue

http://www.coca-colacompany.com/stories/coca-cola-scholar-cara-mund-crowned-miss-america

Replies:
Subject: The Ideological Hypocrisy of The Miss America Pageant’s Viewership

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:41:02 09/21/17 Thu

https://goodmenproject.com/arts/the-ideological-hypocrisy-of-the-miss-america-pageant-viewership-mlyd/

Replies:
Subject: Can’t believe I have to ask this late but...

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:47:56 09/21/17 Thu

Is it pronounced Car-uh or Care-uh? During the pageant, 2 different people said it each way.

Replies:
Subject: Miss America TV alert

Author:
Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:48:00 09/18/17 Mon

Did anyone see the newly crowned Miss America 2018, Cara Mund this morning on the Home and Family tv show?
The two-hour show will air will repeat tomorrow (Tuesday) on the Hallmark cable channel at noon (eastern time), 11:00am central time. Cara is wearing that blue dress again, watch tomorrow on the Hallmark cable channel

Replies:
Subject: Excellent Article

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:11:01 09/19/17 Tue

Analysis: Running for Miss America now looks a lot like running for office

http://www.brainerddispatch.com/opinion/4329673-analysis-running-miss-america-now-looks-lot-running-office

Replies:
Subject: Cara - The Hollywood Reporter

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:26:42 09/20/17 Wed

Love this interview!

In studio: Meet the newly crowned @MissAmerica, Cara Mund http://thr.cm/1Y1Ea5

Replies:
Subject: Did anyone answer my magnetic eyelash question? It's gone. Has anyone used these and if so how did you like them and what kind did you use?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:07:43 09/20/17 Wed

Replies:
Subject: State Forums

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:38:09 09/18/17 Mon

Someone should make state forums for all of the rest of the states! I love seeing perspectives from each one to get a better idea of who could take the title and see how they do next year at Miss America

Subject: i do not do twitter. How can I follow Savvy now

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:18:10 09/18/17 Mon

Replies:
AmazingCounters.com
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.