|Subject: New 3-Year Deal with ABC|
[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: 13:06:52 11/23/15 Mon
Atlantic City, NJ (November 18, 2015) - The Miss America Organization and dick clark productions are thrilled to announce a new three year deal to continue the live telecast of the Miss America Competition on ABC.
“What started as a deal for a well structured time buy in 2011, was renegotiated in 2013 to a deal whereby Miss America would receive a network license fee. I am proud to announce today that our license fee deal with ABC has been renewed to broadcast the Miss America Competition through the 2018 telecast!” said Sam Haskell, Executive Chairman and CEO of the Miss America Organization.
The 2016 telecast came in at #1 on the Nielsen Twitter TV Ratings Top Ten (Series and Specials) for the week of September 7 - September 13, 2015. Despite heightened competition, the 2016 Miss America Competition shot up from its lead-in (+75%/+67%) and gained 1.7 million viewers and 31% in Adults 18-49 from its first half-hour to its final half-hour. During its final half-hour from 10:30-11pm as Miss Georgia Betty Cantrell was crowned, the Miss America Competition drew 7.9 million viewers and a 1.7 rating, 5 share with young adults.
Haskell continued, “We are now poised to continue our successful rebranding of Miss America for three more years with our good friends at dick clark productions as we journey onward towards our 100th anniversary!”
“We are happy to extend and build on our partnership with Miss America and ABC,” said Mike Mahan, President of dick clark productions. “We look forward to growing the Miss America legacy for years to come!"
"We are also very happy to continue working with our outstanding television team at Tall Pony Productions, including producers Tony Eaton and Lauren Harris as well as head writer and producer Lewis Friedman," said Miss America Organization Chairman of the Board, Lynn Weidner. "This past year's telecast was one of our best and most-watched in years, and we look forward to three more years on ABC with this outstanding team."
About The Miss America Organization
The Miss America Organization, a 501(c)4 non-profit organization, is the nation's leading advocate for women's education and the largest provider of scholarship assistance to young women in the United States, awarding millions of dollars annually. The Miss America Organization is comprised of 52 licensed organizations, including all 50 states, Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico. Miss America contestants contribute tens of thousands of community service hours annually and have raised over $12 million for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals and Miss America scholarships since 2007.
Don't forget to get social!
Follow us on Twitter: @MissAmerica & @MissAmericaOrg
Instagram: @MissAmericaOrg and
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
- Tall Pony for another 3 years. (NT) -- No name, 13:23:38 11/23/15 Mon
- I don't see any mention of Atlantic City - interesting (NT) -- No name, 13:24:21 11/23/15 Mon
- With the ratings they got this past year I highly doubt Miss America is paying them. ABC and Dick Clark look pretty satisfied with the relationship. Great news! (NT) -- No name, 14:49:40 11/23/15 Mon
- Patty Stanger (Millionaire Matchmaker) is going to be the next head judge. (NT) -- Sonia, 18:26:29 11/23/15 Mon
- I hear DCP has some real ideas to update the pageant And it includes eliminating locals (NT) -- No name, 20:46:41 11/23/15 Mon
- Thank you again for all you do Sam. (NT) -- No name, 00:21:29 11/24/15 Tue
- If the pageant is in Atlantic City, I'm not going. It's too expensive and nothing to do all day waiting for the pageant at night. Then two days with only the parade. Not a place I want to return to. (NT) -- No name, 08:01:13 11/24/15 Tue
- there is just as much to do there as anywhere.ypu all complain about everything.its miss americas home. (NT) -- move it to canada., 13:31:57 11/24/15 Tue
- stay home then.you must be from the midwes or west coast.thats why my neighbors moved here.so move miss america there and have fun (NT) -- again move it to canada, 13:35:53 11/24/15 Tue
- Excellent news. I hope we are still in AC in Sept. But my second choice is somewhere in Florida in late October or January. Signed Northeast gal. (NT) -- No name, 14:36:08 11/24/15 Tue