|Subject: Miss America Homecoming|
[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: 23:30:03 10/23/14 Thu
This weekend, the Empire State welcomes home Miss America 2015 Kira Kazantsev to celebrate her incredible achievements and the Miss New York Organization's third consecutive win of the Miss America title on September 14th at the legendary Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City.
Kira's homecoming began today in Brooklyn with her platform work against domestic violence at Safe Horizon's We Are Survivors breakfast. There Kira was featured in panel discussions led by survivors of domestic violence.
Homecoming continues over the weekend with events hosted by the Miss New York Organization. Tomorrow, the celebration moves to Staten Island with a reception at the Above Rooftop in the Hilton Hotel. On Saturday evening, they will head to Manhattan for the New York Harbor Spirit of New York dinner cruise for a night of dining and dancing.
Since Miss America's history-making crowning last month, Kira has been traveling the country advocating her personal platform, Love Shouldn't Hurt: Protecting Women Against Domestic Violence bringing needed awareness to an issue of vital importance to all women.
In support of Domestic Violence Awareness Month, Kira has launched the #VOWtoEndIt Campaign, and has had her Op Ed piece published in USA Today online. She also appeared on the HuffPost Live's Domestic Violence Awareness: Making Campuses Safe Panel. She will close the month speaking to students at Atlantic City High School about education and will serve as the keynote speaker at Clemson University's Alpha Chi Omega event benefitting Safe Harbor of upstate South Carolina.
Kira has already embarked as the Goodwill Ambassador for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals and will soon be traveling to Washington, DC for the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals Annual Celebration beginning with a White House visit and followed by a trip with the children to Disney World in Orlando.
We congratulate Kira on her wonderful achievements and we extend our special thanks to Debra Cantoni, our State Executive Director and the Miss New York Organization for all of their incredible efforts.
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
- Pictures of the state titleholders at homecoming, please (NT) -- No name, 10:56:29 10/24/14 Fri
- Those attending include Miss WA, Miss LA, Miss WV, Miss MD, Miss NJ, Miss MA (NT) -- No name, 17:34:33 10/24/14 Fri
- Miss CT (NT) -- No name, 17:38:32 10/24/14 Fri
- Arkansas (NT) -- No name, 17:40:36 10/24/14 Fri
- FL (NT) -- No name, 17:43:48 10/24/14 Fri
- (NT) -- No name, 17:45:03 10/24/14 Fri
- Miss RI (NT) -- No name, 17:44:22 10/24/14 Fri
- What about the rest of the top 5? Traditionally, the top 5 and 2-3 other girls are invited. Everyone else can go as it's open to the public, but those girls are the ones who will perform with Miss America and make official appearances (NT) -- No name, 19:16:09 10/24/14 Fri
- Miss IA and IL are also there. (NT) -- No name, 09:14:32 10/25/14 Sat
- Did GA not come to the homecoming? (NT) -- No name, 10:12:12 10/25/14 Sat
- Miss Arkansas, Miss New Hampshire, Miss West Virginia, and Miss Iowa (NT) -- No name, 22:48:55 10/24/14 Fri
- (NT) -- No name, 22:50:12 10/24/14 Fri
- (NT) -- No name, 22:51:13 10/24/14 Fri
- (NT) -- No name, 23:16:19 10/24/14 Fri
- (NT) -- No name, 23:28:20 10/24/14 Fri
- (NT) -- No name, 00:51:44 10/25/14 Sat
- (NT) -- No name, 03:39:48 10/25/14 Sat
- Is Sam there? (NT) -- No name, 07:30:37 10/25/14 Sat
- For such a "hated" young lady she sure has a large turnout of this year's class supporting her and celebrating her. Noticeably missing.......drumroll please...... Anyone? (NT) -- No name, 07:58:25 10/25/14 Sat
- It says quite a bit about Kira that there are this many girls attending the homecoming festivities. Especially because this year, the board only paid for the expenses of the top five. Everyone else came at their own expense and of their own accord. (NT) -- Chris, 09:56:13 10/25/14 Sat
- I really would have liked Nina, Shannon, and Mallory to be there. I mean... Even a picture just of those 6 would be an amazing opportunity. (NT) -- No name, 10:17:41 10/25/14 Sat
- Nina, Mallory, Shannon, Kaitlin and national board--Sam, Sharonetc --did not attend....Mallory and Nina sent in speeches that were read by Amanda Mason. Very small crowd, food better than last year though. Definitely two camps of contestants, here was breakdown: FL, VA, CT, LA, NY Kira were all together. In the back of the venue were: MA, IA, WA,RI,NJ,NH. Floaters who seem to be with everyone was AR ad IL. After meeting them all, it was clear Kira was the deserving winner, although AR and IL were both amazing too. Interesting night. (NT) -- No name, 10:29:48 10/25/14 Sat
- CAN ANYONE NAME those left to right in the posed-crowning picture?? (NT) -- Thanks, 16:04:37 10/25/14 Sat
- i think all of the top ten winners should have been there. (NT) -- No name, 18:29:20 10/25/14 Sat
- GA is at the local Miss Capital City which is being held tonight . CShe won Miss GA as Miss Capital City. (NT) -- No name, 21:01:42 10/25/14 Sat
- Kira is not beautiful at all. Seems the rest of the contestants are all more beautiful. (NT) -- Wandi, 21:18:19 10/25/14 Sat