Thursday, April 10, 2014 – VoyForums News: 'Heartbleed' vulnerability in OpenSSL
VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
FUND FREE MAMMOGRAMS
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

Miss New York Pageant Fans
THEY ALL DESERVE OUR RESPECT - ADMIRATION - ENCOURAGEMENT - PLEASE USE THIS BOARD TO GIVE THAT TO THEM

Subject: Head shots

Author:
No nmae
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:14:22 04/16/14 Wed

Class of 2014 head shots are up. There are some clear standouts here!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: New collage of current headshots! I am not the creator of this particular collage, so if you have beef with any of the headshots, quality, or who I'm "favoring" with this photo, please take it elsewhere. :) Let's go, NY girls!

Author:
-MissNYFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:43:24 04/16/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Tickets!

Author:
---
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:33:21 04/15/14 Tue

Anyone have the link were you can go to get tickets for the pageant?

Replies:
Subject: Other Systems

Author:
JK
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:47:04 04/15/14 Tue

I've noticed within the past few days at least three situations where people who are publicly associated with MAO are participating in other pageant competition systems. I see in the contract that Miss titleholders are contracted to obtain from competing in other systems (ie, glitz, USA, International) but does this pertain to directors or Teen contestants?

i have no objection to girls competing in other systems after they age out. But doesn't it make sense that while you are representing the Miss America local organization, you are a spokesmodel for for this Organization and not using the MAO name to further yourself in other systems?

Replies:
Subject: Drug testing

Author:
Jk
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:34:26 04/15/14 Tue

Just another topic for discussion (this is NOT PROVOKED. No current titkeholder has led me to bring this topic to the table, so please do not point fingers or tarnish crowns): being a titleholder is a great responsibility. You are contractually a rolemodel, a spokesmodel, an advocate, and an employee. You are representing an organization that is nearly 100 years old. Many jobs require drug testing on their employees. Same for sports, even if they are not performance enhancing.

Questions to think about:
-Should contestants or titleholders be tested for drug use? If so, when, and at what level of the competition?
-Does a local/state ED have the right to request/demand this as a requirement for employment?
-Would the three states with legal marijuana use be exempt from a nation wide Organization rule, or would they be required to stay away as well?
-Can a titleholder still be a good Queen in the public if she participates in recreational drug use in the privacy of her home?
-Could this lead to further rules on tobacco & alcohol?

Replies:
Subject: New collage!

Author:
-MissNYFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:18:01 04/15/14 Tue

I'm sorry I'm hounding the board today but I found out Tony Bowls is the Miss America Evening Wear sponsor and I just couldn't get enough of these stunning photos of our gorgeous Miss America in his line. Nina is just radiant in these photos, and I hope you enjoy them!

Replies:
Subject: Empire Results

Author:
MissNYFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:03:07 04/14/14 Mon

Capital Region: Katelynn Smith
Empire Rose: Cat Janisco (sp)
Empire Star: Sarah Hreyo

Not sure of the RU. Sad not to see Bianca up there, but SO THRILLED for Sarah!! Perseverance pays off!

Replies:
Subject: Outstanding Teens

Author:
JK
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:57:20 04/14/14 Mon

Since Teens are essentially "at-large", its hard to keep track of them all before the State pageant.
Staten Island OT:
CNY OT: Libby
Thousand Islands OT: Joelle
Flower City OT: Cady Ruth
NYC OT:
Finger Lakes OT: Megan
Upstate NY OT: Kimberly
Fulton County OT:
Mohawk Valley OT: Olivia
Empire Rose OT: Haley
Empire Star OT: Sarah
Empire Capital Region:
Syracuse OT: Amanda
Salt City OT: Katelyn

Did I miss any?

Replies:
Subject: Fun questions!

Author:
-MissNYFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:59:10 04/13/14 Sun

In the spirit of Miss NY only being weeks away, please respond to the following questions with your thoughts. Keep in mind that your responses should be POSITIVE and give praise to yur selected response, NOT tear down someone else. You are welcome to disagree with others, but please do so in a mature, non-hurtful way.

Who is the Miss NY Class of 2014's...

1) top 3 talents?
2) top 3 swimsuits?
3) Most Miss America ready?
4) Most ready to promote her platform for appearances as Miss NY?

I hope this can be a fun way to get everybody into the spirit of the competition coming up. Have fun and please think before you post. Let's support, not bash.

Replies:
Subject: New Board

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:59:02 04/11/14 Fri

Hello all,

There is a new, three person moderated board for your use, if you desire to post there. It can be found at http://www.voy.com/241712/

For the record, I support whomever is starting this board, and while I will not post there for reasons of my own, their intent is valid. I have not, nor will I, bash their board or try to sabotage what they are doing. I would like to put this new board/old board/moderated board drama behind us so that our board can move on with posting photos, positive news and information, and prediction lists.

I will continue to moderate this board until I feel it has run its course and is no longer needed. I don't condone a lot of things, BUT I do believe in free speech and the ability to maturely express concerns and opinions. I'm sorry if you don't like the way I moderate, but if that's the case you now have lots of other options for your posting pleasure.

Carry on, avid voy fans. Just try to keep it positive :)

Replies:
Subject: Just saw this information and wanted to share!

Author:
-NN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:31:16 04/11/14 Fri

Miss America 2008, Kirsten Haglund, is the North Carolina Azaela Festival Queen. Congrats, Kirsten!

Subject: It's that time of year...claws start coming out and people start being nasty.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:37:48 04/09/14 Wed

I'd like to only post this once, especially since the negative comments I just removed came from one poster (syracuse cny verizon fios user that posted not one, or two, but THREE consecutive posts about a certain someone in a very negative, and unnecessary light to try to stir up drama and make it look like multiple people were responding when it was really only you...yes...I'm talking to you). It is perfectly okay for you to express your opinion on this board PROVIDED it is done in a mature, appropriate, and less-than-vicious fashion. I.E.- Saying "Contestant A may need to up her game for states! It's pretty competitive" is different than "Contestant A doesn't have a prayer." These girls work too hard to be degraded the way some (or maybe one?) of you view as appropriate and I don't wish to tolerate it. The simple solution: don't post unnecessarily negative garbage, and express yourself as a mature adult and I won't delete your posts. Please post carefully, I would hate to remove this board simply because a few people can't play nice. Thanks for all of you that DO care about these ladies and consider them as you post. :)

Replies:
Subject: THEY ALL DESERVE OUR RESPECT - ADMIRATION - ENCOURAGEMENT - PLEASE USE THIS BOARD TO GIVE THAT TO THEM

Author:
photo poster
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:14:58 04/08/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Workshop

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:56:54 04/08/14 Tue

Workshop over, spots picked...can't wait to see what the line up is...

Replies:
Subject: Just some friendly reminders

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:39:40 04/07/14 Mon

Hello lovely and devoted posters!
In light of recent postings and the state pageant only being a little over a month away, I figure I would post some gentle reminders to ensure that everyone gets a fair chance to post what they wish, in a mature way.

-I don't condone bashing. For some, this has a wider scope than others. This doesn't mean criticisms and questions can't be posted, in an adult-like fashion. I'm not planning to remove EVERY negative thing on this board, provided it has merit, integrity and a reason to be said. That being said, I ultimately have the final say as to what gets posted and what doesn't. Sometimes I'm wrong, and I'm happy to delete anything after the fact that may be construed as overtly offensive or demeaning, but please don't get into the habit of crying for moderator when you don't get your way. USUALLY (and like I said, I can be wrong) there's a reason a post is allowed to remain. If you have any questions, you can always contact me with the link above.

-Secondly, I am not on these boards every. single. second. It was brought to my attention this morning that something that should be removed was posted, and before I even got a chance to read it, someone jumped down my throat about "not moderating". Give me a sec, guys. This forum is not like Facebook. I don't get "notifications" when something is posted. I do check daily, so just give it a few hours and I promise I will get around to it. But for real...chill out.

-Thirdly, and probably importantly for some newbies, I have access to all the IPs that are posted, and their time stamps. Translation? I know when you post multiple times to your own posts to validate your opinions. I don't care so much when it's positive, but some people are using the mask of anonymity to push their own agendas. Crying foul for certain circumstances and degrading others for the same circumstances, using multiple handles claiming to be audience members and contestants at the same time in the same post, etc. Please don't rest assured that you are as anonymous as you think. I know there are contestants here. I know there are EDs. I don't care, I don't judge, but please don't use this board to promote your agenda and make it look like you're multiple people.
I really don't want to force people to only post as registered voy users, but I can change the settings to ensure that integrity is maintained. Again, it's really not a huge deal to use multiple handles, but when you're posing as different people to prove a point this board starts to become disingenuous.

I really love the MAO, and I want this board to continue. I have many posters here that keep it positive and share wonderful news, photos, and collages, so thank you! If people start to abuse the "anonymity" factor and can't respect contestants, EDs, and formers, though, I will close this board and someone else can start one from scratch. I really don't have time in my life for additional drama.

Thanks, and best regards,
Your Moderator

Replies:
Subject: Miss New York 2008 Leigh-Taylor Smith Sigfusson is in ICU following emergency surgery immediately after giving birth to her 1st child yesterday. Please keep her, her husband, their baby and everyone who loves them in your thoughts & prayers.

Author:
FYI
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:06:49 04/06/14 Sun

Replies:
Subject: New collage! Hope you enjoy, here's to the class of 2014!

Author:
-MissNYFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:12:31 04/02/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject: NOW that all the contestants are selected we can more effectively do predictions! I know it's all in the eyes of the judges, but I think they're fun, so here goes!

Author:
-MissNYFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:55:44 03/31/14 Mon

T10-
Courtney
Christina
Jamie H.
Julia
Olivia or Cat
T5-
Desiree 4RU
Sarah 3RU
Jillian 2RU
Kira 1RU
Jamie M. MISSNY 2014

Just my thoughts!

Replies:
Subject: Congrats!

Author:
NY Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:16:44 03/31/14 Mon

On a positive note, congrats to Jamie M. on an incredible fundraiser last Saturday. It was a great show and there was so much support from other locals including Stephanie, Christina, Sarah, Alexa (teen), Dominique (Teen), Jillian, Kira and Katelynn S. Bravo!

Replies:
Subject: Miss New York 1014

Author:
JK
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:26:27 03/29/14 Sat

Contestants:
Courtney (CNY)
Olivia (Thousand Islands)
Jamie (Staten Island)
Stephanie (Richmond County)
Anneliese (Flower City)
Desiree (Finger Lakes)
Madison (Upstate NY)
Emily (Fulton County)
Lauren (Mohawk Valley)
Kira (NYC)
Christina (Cosmopolitan)
Julia (Metropolitan)
Caitlin (Erie Canal)
Adrienne (Syracuse)
Nina (Salt City)
Jillian (Southern Tier)
Jamie (Liberty)
Claudette (Heart of NY)

Replies:
Subject: Today's sweeper

Author:
--
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:33:47 03/27/14 Thu

I know it isn't over but any word out of today's pageant?

Replies:
Subject: More drama with the crazy Executive Director in New York. Who put this man in charge for crying out loud? I feel bad for New York and anyone who has to work with this man. It's been one big drama fest after another with him.

Author:
He needs to go.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:29:34 03/26/14 Wed

December 27th 2013

To: Ken Nelson

Hello Ken,

I hope this email finds you well. Over the Christmas holidays, I had the opportunity to sit down with Katie and discuss in detail the correspondences that have taken place between the two of you concerning her request for earned scholarship money, in order to pursue her MBA. I must be brutally honest Ken, and tell you that as a concerned father and a supporter of the Miss America Organization, your negative comments, skepticism, accusations, and misrepresentation of facts thoroughly disgust me and cause me to seriously question not only your ability to serve as the Executive Director of the Miss New York Organization, but most importantly, force me to question your moral compass, integrity, and overall character as a man.

In an effort to obtain her scholarship funds, Katie sent you numerous emails between October 22nd 2013 and November 5th 2013. You never replied to one of them. Others who were copied in on these emails did reply with their offer of assistance. Linda Carbo replied. Erin Kennedy replied. However, you never replied. Finally on November 6th 2013, you replied to Katie’s original email, never mentioning the additional emails that were subsequently sent to you.

You obviously put considerable time and thought into your response, saying that it took you two full days to research information for your reply. Ken, I take issue with just about everything you say in this email to my daughter and I am sickened by your obvious delight in telling her that her past earnings had been forfeited, highlighting this particular sentence in blue, bold print.

Furthermore, you include a complete and utter fabrication, a lie, telling Katie, “an incredibly heated phone conversation occurred between your father and Miss Gordon upon her refusal to issue a check in the full amount of $1,000 to him, due to the fact that he had made the decision to pay the balance of your loan in full.” Ken, where on earth did you get that story? I waited to send this reply until I had the opportunity to speak with Doreen Gordon directly. We had the chance to speak this morning and she agreed that this morning was the first conversation she ever had with me. In addition, I read this paragraph from your email to her and she was astonished and said that she didn’t understand why you would say such a thing. Why on earth would you speak such lies to my daughter?

Before discussing Katie’s scholarship money, you decided to chastise her over someone else’s social media picture, not Katie’s picture mind you, someone else’s. You go on to say that, “someone told you that this picture belonged to a friend of Katie’s.” You continue to berate her about “alleged remarks” which had been conveyed to you by someone else. These remarks, allegedly made, not by Katie, but by someone who allegedly is a friend of Katie’s. Really Ken? This sounds to me like the communication of a six-year-old boy, certainly not that of a 60-something year-old man. Is this the type of correspondence that an Executive Director of any organization should be sending out to an existing member of that organization? If you had a question or a concern about Katie’s involvement in anything, you should have done what any responsible director or person would do: pick up the phone and call her directly. Instead, you decided to place value in information that had been handed to you second and third hand, without any form of direct communication with my daughter. I have always told all my children, to make their own informed and fair judgments based on personal and direct communication with a person and certainly not, the heresy of others.

You then follow up this rant with an excerpt of an email to Ms. Shindle about those that wish to do the organization harm and you mention the “alleged recording.” You tone towards my daughter is incredibly accusatory and I don’t like it one bit.

Katie, my wife and I, along with my other two children Meghan and Jimmy, and our extended family love the Miss America Organization and have supported MAO ever since Katie was Miss New Jersey’s Outstanding Teen in 2005, taking numerous family vacations to Las Vegas during the years it was held at Planet Hollywood. Katie has held numerous local titles in both NJ and NY and year after year took pride in being an ambassador for MAO, Children’s Miracle Network, and her own personal platform of HIV/AIDS awareness. My son even participated in the Miss America Parade when it made its triumphant return to AC this past September. As for me personally, my company printed the state competition books for many years. When Katie first competed in Miss New Jersey, Sharon Pearce, a woman whom I have great respect for, and I came to the conclusion that I should relinquish my involvement with the manufacturing of the books in order to avoid any suspicion of impropriety. How dare you accuse my daughter of having anything at all to do with these recordings, other than the fact that she was the butt of a disgusting and defamatory comment made by individual in your “inner circle.”

After hearing the recording and the derogatory comments made about some of the contestants and a former Miss America, you could have reached out and offered these girls an apology, an olive branch, or have done something to ease their pain. You could have reassured them that the views of these individuals was no way a reflection of those involved in the Miss New York Organization, and that the time, energy, and money that they invested, whether win or lose, was valued. Instead, not only did you choose to do nothing, you decided to turn the tables on my daughter and accuse her of being partly responsible for this recording going public. Katie had nothing to gain from this going public and certainly, did not need other people hear her being ridiculed by your inner circle. Again, the fact that you in a position of power, could not reach out to Katie and reassure her that what was on the tape was not a reflection of the views of the Miss New York Organization proves to me that you are a coward and certainly, not fit to be the Executive Director of the Miss New York Organization.

The one thing that I do agree with in your email to Katie is when you state, “it is no surprise that the pageant world brings about the best and the worst among us.” I really couldn’t imagine a worst email going out to a 24-year-old lady by a 60-something year-old man than the one Katie received from you. Ken, do you have children? I don’t believe you do, so you can’t imagine the anguish and absolute anger that I felt reading that email. Like any father, you can’t protect your children forever, but I know that I can guard her from receiving an email like that from you ever again. If you want to respond, respond to me directly. Do not filter a response through my daughter and from today on, do not contact her for any reason whatsoever.

Sincerely,
Jim Berry

Replies:
Subject: Morality

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:24:15 03/24/14 Mon

Is it against MAO rules for a titleholder to live with her boyfriend/significant other?

Replies:
Subject: Wearing the crown after you are no longer a titleholder

Author:
NN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:36:07 03/23/14 Sun

As written in the Miss America Contract 5.11. Appearances after Year of Service. After the conclusion of my Year of Service, I will not
wear the crown or sash of Miss _______________, nor appear as Miss _______________ for
the purposes of advertising or endorsing any product, person, cause or service, unless I have
received in advance the written approval of the Miss ________________ Organization. I
understand that the Miss _______________ Organization shall not be obligated to approve
any such appearance or use of the Miss _______________ crown and/or sash.

Replies:
Subject: Service

Author:
Kim
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:36:11 03/23/14 Sun

Of all the title holders are there any that truly stand out in community service and using their crowns to fundraise for their platforms and CMN? I don't really see too many and I think that should take priority.

Replies:
Subject: I just wanted to say I am grateful for this board and its ability to remain positive and support our girls. For fun, I made a Miss NY collage, I hope you all enjoy!

Author:
-MissNYFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:34:24 03/22/14 Sat

Replies:
Subject: OUR LAST 18 CONTESTANTS OF THE SEASON ~ WHAT PLACEMENTS/AWARDS HAVE THEY WON SO FAR & DO YOU THINK THAT WILL GIVE THEM AN EDGE?

Author:
Discussion Starter
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:12:44 03/22/14 Sat

Abigail Hoag
Amanda Abdagic
Amanda Rae Davis
Anastasia Harisis
Ashley Loggins
Baylee Simpson
Beatrice Soderberg
Bianca Lupi
Cassie Paradise
Claudette Gomez
Emma Silen
Jamie Hughes
Jillian Tapper
Juliana Harris
Katherine Crandall
Nicole Harf
Tracey Rho
Yolanda Mackey

Replies:
Subject: NOTICE: Statewide Open Triple Sweeper Pageant

Author:
GREAT NEWS!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:01:45 03/20/14 Thu

Miss Heart of New York
Miss Southern Tier
Miss Liberty

Date: March 22nd and 23rd
Place: Cortland, New York

Pageant to be held on Sunday, March 23rd at the United Presbyterian Church
25 Church Street
Cortland, New York 13045

Interviews: Saturday, March 22nd, location TBA

Please contact Contestant Coordinator: Terry Mingle tpm2@cornell.edu

Limited to the first 18 applicants with completed requirements, with a waiting list.

Replies:
Subject: WHO ARE OUR NEWBIES THIS YEAR? WHAT DO WE THINK OF THEIR CHANCES AT STATE?

Author:
Discussion Starter
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:21:02 03/16/14 Sun

Replies:
Subject: With almost the whole Miss NY class being selected, let's talk about what workshop and the Miss NY pageant will hold in store for the ladies! Do you think there will be changes to production staff at Miss NY? I'm sure Kandice will stay on as the swimsuit provider. Any thoughts on wardrobe or production numbers? I'm excited to see what this fresh start will bring!

Author:
NN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:02:03 03/15/14 Sat

Replies:
Subject: I know the entire class is not complete yet, but I thought predictions might be fun, so I guess I'll start!

Author:
-MissNYFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:00:46 03/14/14 Fri

Based off of what I know, and for some girls that isn't much! I think:
T10
Desiree
Kira
Christina
Julia
Jamie
Courtney
Olivia
Sarah
Cat
Stephanie
T5
Sarah-4RU
Desiree-3RU
Kira-2RU
Christina-1RU
Jamie-Miss NY

Just my thoughts! Wishing all the girls the best :):)

Replies:
Subject: WHO IS AGING-OUT THIS YEAR? WHAT DO WE THINK OF THEIR CHANCES AT STATE?

Author:
Discussion Starter
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:45:18 03/11/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Here is the newest edition, enjoy!

Author:
-MissNYFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:36:50 03/09/14 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Not sure about the triple crowns in the city, but www.misssyracuseny.com has their contestant photos up. Looks to be a beautiful and competitive group of young women. Best of luck to all contestants and the new directors!

Author:
-Can't wait to see who wins!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:06:43 03/05/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Just saw that there IS going to be a statewide triple crown pageant. Best of luck to all girls competing; it looks like registration may be capped so get your applications in ASAP!

Author:
-Slim Jim
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:25:10 03/05/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Newest class collage!

Author:
-MissNYFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:09:00 03/04/14 Tue

Subject: Empire Rose - Empire Star - Capital Region

Author:
-
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:22:01 03/03/14 Mon

Please note time change to 3 PM. Admission is $15/ adult and $10 for children under 12. Current MAO titleholders admitted as guests of the organization. Tickets available at door and doors open at 2:30 PM. Keep in mind this is a very small venue and extremely limited seating. Not "dissing" the organization just want to get the word out that it will probably be SOLD OUT and standing room only!

Replies:
Subject: Hello everyone! New collage posted featuring the three newest Miss NY 2014 additions! For ease in communication, I'm changing my handle to MissNYFan, just so people don't get confused when two people are posting with the same handle. I hope you enjoy!

Author:
-MissNYFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:04:04 02/28/14 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Empire Rose - Empire Star - Capital Region

Author:
--
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:18:31 02/26/14 Wed

Any news on who is competing for these 3 titles or how many are competing?

Replies:
Subject: A list of blogs/pages! These are all the ones I could find. Enjoy!

Author:
-MissNYFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:56:32 02/24/14 Mon

http://misscny2014.blogspot.com
http://missti2014.wordpress.com
http://missstatenisland2014.blogspot.com/2014/02/visit-to-is2.html
https://www.facebook.com/StephanieAccardoMissRC2014
https://www.facebook.com/MissFlowerCity2014
http://madisonmanuel.wordpress.com/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Miss-Fulton-County-2014-Emily-Stegeland/
http://missmohawkvalley2014.wordpress.com
https://www.facebook.com/MissCosmoChristinaMoore
https://www.facebook.com/juliaraemusic
https://www.facebook.com/misssaltcity2014
https://www.facebook.com/misssyracuse2014
https://www.facebook.com/MissErieCanal

Replies:
Subject: Other observations at last night's pageant

Author:
--
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:25:39 02/22/14 Sat

Things that were observed with the current titleholders during last night's pageant: Madison - Upstate - back away from the makeup. You are a beautiful young lady. Go with a more natural look. Lauren - Mohawk Valley - It is a crown not a yamaka. Please put your crown on the top of your head.

Replies:
Subject: This is a new thread for triple crown predictions.

Author:
-looking forward to a great new local
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:19:05 02/20/14 Thu

I for one am very excited to see this new pageant! I don't know any of the girls, but based on headshots my top 5 is Sarah, Anastasia, Grace, Amanda, Bianca. What are your thoughts? Please keep it positive!

Replies:
Subject: State workshop Saturday, April 5th on Staten Island

Author:
no name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:16:25 02/19/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Just saw the results! Congrats to all winners and contestants!

Author:
-NY Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:00:40 02/18/14 Tue

SYRACUSE Adrienne Wilson
SALT CITY Nina Zesky
ERIE CANAL Caitlin Nola
1RU Anastasia Harisis
2RU Sarah Hreyo
NF TALENT Bianca Lupi
NF SS Lia Dinunzio
NF EW Jessica Carbone
NF INTERVIEW Anna Pancoast
MISS CONGENIALITY Sarah Hreyo

Replies:
Subject: Anyone know when the workshop or state pageant are going to be? or where? I heard at the Miss NYC pageant they said something but I couldn't attend

Author:
Old timer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:47:58 02/17/14 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Best of luck to all the ladies competing at the Syracuse triple crown today! Can't wait to hear results!

Author:
-NY Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:37:54 02/16/14 Sun

Subject: Congratulations New State Organization Team STATEN ISLAND

Author:
B. Murray
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:26:12 02/15/14 Sat

Contrats to Debi Cantoni and her new Board of Directors who were awarded the NY State Franchise Yesterday. This decision keeps the pageant based on Staten Island where it has been highly successful since moving to the Southern Region in 2010.

Debi's daughter, Kimberly competed 4 times at the state competition and should be a big help in growing the visibility of the pageant in the NYC area.

Linda Carbo, a lont time volunteer is also serving on that BOD.

Congrats all!

Replies:
Subject: Take note!

Author:
--
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:04:43 02/13/14 Thu

Empire Rose has added four counties to their area of eligibility. Clinton, Jefferson, St. Lawrence and Franklin.

Subject: NYC, Cosmopolitan and Metropolitan

Author:
--
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:14:47 02/10/14 Mon

Any word about the pageant today?

Replies:
Subject: NYC

Author:
NYC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:40:12 02/07/14 Fri

predictions, loves, dislikes, lets start hyping it up people!

Replies:
Subject: Licensing agreement apps were due yesterday. Any guess on how long it will take and who will get the nod?

Author:
--
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:18:50 02/05/14 Wed

Subject: OT

Author:
--
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:34:38 02/04/14 Tue

Dominique Bianco received her NYC crown yesterday. Did the other two titles have teens?

Replies:
Subject: NYC, Cosmopolitan and Metropolitan

Author:
--
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:40:40 02/02/14 Sun

Now that interviews are tomorrow can we know who is competing for the city titles?

Replies:
Subject: NYC

Author:
--
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:22:07 01/30/14 Thu

Any word on who is competing for the NYC titles?

Replies:
Subject: Here's a lazy Sunday new collage of the recent titleholders! I don't think I like it as much as my original but I wanted to try something different for fun.

Author:
-NY Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:44:37 01/26/14 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Mohawk Valley

Author:
--
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:52:28 01/25/14 Sat

Good luck to all the girls competing for Miss Mohawk Valley today.

Replies:
Subject: Franchise question

Author:
--
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:58:33 01/21/14 Tue

Since MAO turned down the two applications that were submitted by the original deadline I'm wondering if those two were to revise their applications would they be considered again or once declined is that it for the group.

Subject: Franchise

Author:
--
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:04:43 01/19/14 Sun

Any word on the state franchise?

Replies:
Subject: Miss Fulton County

Author:
GLS
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:32:16 01/18/14 Sat

Winner...Emily Stegelund

Replies:
Subject: How?

Author:
GLS
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:54:45 01/18/14 Sat

How is it that an at large teen who chose NYC Teen is getting crowned at the Miss NYC pageant?

Replies:
Subject: Fulton County

Author:
---
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:15:51 01/17/14 Fri

Good luck to the "Sensational Seven" competing tomorrow evening for the title of "MISS FULTON COUNTY 2014". Can't wait to see who is chosen.

Subject: Figured I'd give it a go so everyone could see it without clicking in!

Author:
-NY Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:16:44 01/16/14 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Collage!

Author:
-NY Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:24:03 01/16/14 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Collage

Author:
--
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:07:24 01/13/14 Mon

Any chance of someone putting together a collage of the already crowned titleholders? Hopefully something that could be added to as the titles are awarded.

Replies:
Archives: 12 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a new public message:
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.