VoyForums

Natural Pain Relief

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

Miss New York Pageant Fans
Good Luck to Cady at Miss America's Outstanding Teen!

Subject: November 7-9, 2014 Event

Author:
Woman of Achievement
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:10:14 09/14/14 Sun

Visit us online at   www.womanofachievement.com

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Subject: New York's Miss Heart of the USA State Pageant

Author:
New York's Miss Heart of the USA State Director
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:39:45 09/06/14 Sat

photo helpNYgrow_zps690b0a7b.jpg

Subject: Board Shut Down

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:38:30 08/29/14 Fri

Hello Pageant Fans,

It is with mixed emotions that I'm informing you that I will be shutting down this board.

When I created this board it was after a week or so absence from the old NY board, and since no one stepped up, I figured I would. Here we are 8 months later with THREE NY boards, and as mentioned months ago, if I didn't feel my board was needed, I would shut it down. So here I am.

I LOVE the pictures and information and support this board offers, which is why I've kept it around so long, but it is tiring. Trying to make everyone happy is a full time job with no end in sight, that's for sure. I wanted people's honest opinions to be heard, but with dignity for those mentioned, and apparently you can't have both.

I know I have turned posters away because I called them out for being hypocrites, and I'm not sorry for it, but I am sorry if feelings were hurt. I don't know if they are responsible for the newest board, but whoever is moderating I wish them the best of luck, and lots of patience and maturity. Seeing the IP addresses of posters is a lot of power, and with it comes the responsibility to do what's right. I'm not claiming that I have always done the right thing, but as I close down this board which has become a huge hobby of mine, I feel it necessary to try to help those continuing their board endeavors.

It's lame to admit, but it's tough to let go, as this board was the first after the old board shut down, but it's petty and stupid to continue this board for that reason alone. I have plenty of things to focus on in my life, and honestly the drama behind these boards can't be one of them any more.

I wish both boards, and all moderators the best of luck with their boards. Thanks to all for the positivity, pictures, and support. I hope you find a nice new home with one of the other NY boards!

Much love,
Your Moderator

Replies:
Subject: Found this on the Miss America Unlimited Facebook page and thought I would share.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:56:26 07/24/14 Thu

Thanks MAU!

Want to send your favorite MAOTeen contestant a gift, note, card or words of encouragement during pageant week? You can (But NO FLOWERS or NUTS due to allergies)! You can send a letter to your favorite contestant or MAOTeen 2014, Leah Sykes, but plan for it to arrive at the hotel by July 31 or the contestant may not receive it. You can send it to:

(Name of Contestant)
(Title of Contestant)
C/O Rosen Centre Hotel
9840 International Dr.
Orlando, FL 32819
Best of luck to all of the contestants as they head to Orlando this week!

Replies:
Subject: Congratulations to Miss CNY and Miss TI 2014, Courtney and Olivia!

Author:
-MissNYFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:41:08 07/24/14 Thu

As their reigns come to an end in the next few weeks, let's reflect on how much they have done to serve their communities! Best of luck to both ladies in the future, and I certainly hope that the young ladies who fill your shoes serve as admirably as you both have!

Replies:
Subject: NY NAM Optional Judges

Author:
Jerri James
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:46:12 07/23/14 Wed

August 15-18, 2014
NY National American Miss
Hyatt Regency Rochester
125 East Main Street
Rochester, NY 14604

We need day judges on Friday (August 15) and Sunday (August 17) for the optional events (talent, casual wear modeling, actress, and spokesmodel). Day optional judges will also be paid mileage as well as provided lunch. Hotel may also be paid.

If you have a reasonable commute to Rochester from your home location, and have pageantry experience, performing arts, or related life experiences in evaluating people, skills, and things, please email me at jjames@prodigy.net as soon as possible. Be sure to include in your email your qualifications or attach a resume.

Jerri James
Judges’ Chair

Subject: We need more local pageants! As someone looking to compete and living in the city there are 3 opportunities to compete and they include the first and one of the last prelims. Any word on if Any locals will be added to the city area?

Author:
No Name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:38:31 07/22/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Yes, great reigns. This is the most active Ive seen Courtney yet. And Olivia really shines. I hope to see them both again.

Author:
JK
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:37:17 07/22/14 Tue

Subject: Miss Buffalo Pageant announced!

Author:
Wonderful news!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:46:07 07/17/14 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Not sure why my initial post was deleted…anyway I figured I would post some photos of our MAOT contestants that have won/are vying for state titles!

Author:
-MissNYFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:18:27 07/17/14 Thu

Caitlin won Alabama, and Elizabeth is doing very well in Florida prelims. So what do we think? Will we have our first EVER MAOT Miss America this year?

Replies:
Subject: The class of 2015 is complete!

Author:
-MissNYFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:42:08 07/13/14 Sun

Thanks to MAO Class Updates for compiling this beautiful collection of state headshots. Who do you think will make T10? NO BASHING PLEASE!

Replies:
Subject: I'm new to the board. I'm wondering everyone's opinions on Nina Davuluri as Miss NY and Miss A? Thanks!

Author:
New to NY
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:04:53 07/11/14 Fri

Replies:
Subject: The MAOT contestant lottery was the other day. Anyone know where Cady selected? Are the results posted anywhere?

Author:
-MissNYFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:36:04 07/10/14 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Earn Sponsorship Money -Pageantrack.com

Author:
Pageant Rack
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:37:22 07/09/14 Wed

Hi All,

Most Pageant girls are always in need to find ways to pay for their Pageant Goals, PageantRack.com is offering an amazing Opprotunity to Earn Sponsorship Dollars.

PageantRack.com is the ONLY FREE Pageant Resale Site, You can list your pageant items for sale and never be charged a FEE.

PageantRack.com can pay Facebook to advertise, or pay pageant girls reach their dreams and pay them for sharing items onto Facebook.

This is an easy way to Earn up to $50.00 Per month in sponsorship dollars, if you are interested please email pageantrack@gmail.com For more info.

Subject: Competing in Other Pageant Systems

Author:
Concerned
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:06:52 07/08/14 Tue

First, I am from another state and wish to remain anonymous at this time...so this is not directed at anyone involved withNew York MAO. I just want an answer to a question, and want to remain discrete within my state.

According to the MAOT Contract, used at both the local and state level, and the MAOT Manual, once a girl has won a title at any level in her state, she is not allowed to compete in any similar pageant system at any level. The contract also provides specifics as to what "similar" means.

A girl in our state recently placed very high in the state MAOT competition, meaning that she has scholarship money, and other benefits. Turns out that after she won her preliminary, but prior to the state competition, she competed (and again placed highly but did not win) in a similar pageant system outside MAOT. It also appears that she did not report this to her State Director.

Should this be reported to the State or National MAOT Organization? It seems that she broke the rules, and then did not fess up. She placed higher than girls who followed the rules. In my opinion, she should be disqualified and be force to return anything she got at the state level at least, and possibly at the local level.

Is there an official position on this in New York, to anyone's knowledge? In other words, what are the potential (and likely ramification? If there are no ramifications, then the rule should not exist, and all MAOT contestants should be free to compete in any other pagents, even if they are titleholders within MAOT organization.

And, if this girl were our state's rep at the national level, would she be disqualified were this information to become public knowledge?

Again, I am inquiring from a different state. so please don't flame me about this. I just want an honest answer.

Thanks.

Replies:
Subject: Questions for a potential contestant. Thank you in advance!

Author:
I don't want to post my name until she makes her decision.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:21:13 07/07/14 Mon

My daughter has been involved with Miss America in our home state for several years. She attends school in NY and is considering competing for a 2015 local in NY. This message board seems supportive so I was hoping I could ask a few questions.
Is there a new state board in place? Yes or no, is the board good to work with?
Is the state winner required to give up work and school for her year?
Where is the state pageant held?
NY is a big state, where are the majority of Miss State appearances?

Replies:
Subject: Just saw this on Facebook and wanted to post!

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:02:58 07/02/14 Wed

It's funny but also addresses a big issue. Let's not be the forum that is quoted on their next installment and continue to keep it POSITIVE. Thank you for those that are already doing that :)

Replies:
Subject: Acacia will be competing in Connecticut this year…let's wish her the best! Maybe we can get TWO current/former Miss NY competitors to be competing for the title of Miss America!

Author:
-MissNYFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:18:52 06/30/14 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Judging NY NAM August 15-18, 2014

Author:
Jerri James
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:43:56 06/29/14 Sun

August 15-18, 2014
NY National American Miss
Hyatt Regency Rochester
125 East Main Street
Rochester, NY 14604

New York-Up State National American Miss Pageants are currently seeking judges for its main competition (formal wear, on-stage introduction, and interview) scheduled for August 15, arriving by 2:00 PM on that Friday and staying to the end of the competition on Monday night, August 18. Roundtrip mileage from your home to the hotel site is paid. Hotel accommodations from check-in on Friday to check-out on Tuesday morning are also paid by the Pageant for our main pageant judges. However, same sex judges or judges who come with a significant other or with a friend who is also willing to judge, must share a room. In addition, meals such as continental breakfast items, deli products for lunches, fruits, drinks, an assortment of snacks, and dinners from the local establishments are provided from Friday (August 15 thru Monday night (August 18).

We also need day judges on Friday (August 15) and Sunday (August 17) for the optional events (talent, casual wear modeling, actress, and spokesmodel). Day optional judges will also be paid mileage as well as provided lunch. Hotel may also be paid.

If you have a reasonable commute to Rochester from your home location, and have pageantry experience, performing arts, or related life experiences in evaluating people, skills, and things, please email me at jjames@prodigy.net as soon as possible. Be sure to include in your email your qualifications or attach a resume.

Jerri James
Judges’ Chair

Subject: Just saw this on the Guru board. I guess it doesn't matter whose fault it is now, but what a shame. Check your documents contestants AND EDs!

Author:
Slim Jim
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:32:17 06/27/14 Fri

http://www.milfordbeacon.com/article/20140625/News/140629837#ixzz35gd5uWVL

Replies:
Subject: Congratulations to former Miss Finger Lakes contestant, Rose McClimans on her prelim talent win AND 4th RU placement at Miss Indiana last night! Let's hope we can scoop her back up in NY soon, what a stunner!

Author:
-MissNYFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:51:18 06/22/14 Sun

Subject: So, nearly half the girls have been crowned. What do we think of Miss NY's chances in Atlantic City? Top 10? Top 5? Prelims? Miss America? I'm curious to hear people's thoughts!

Author:
-MissNYFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:04:40 06/18/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Click in

Author:
Linda Dracker-Hochenberger
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:57:47 06/16/14 Mon

Hello anonymous pageant people - this is Linda Dracker-Hochenberger, executive director of the Miss Syracse Organization.

I am, quite simply, fed up with the nonsense being posted about my organization on these boards. Everyone claims to not read the boards but we all do. I am told everything and know everything that is said. I don't own a board. I barely even comment on Facebook because of my painful and limited vision. This is the first time I am posting today and it's because I am finally annoyed enough to do so.

I believe I speak for all directors when I say this is a rewarding yet frustrating job. And to have it complicated by nonessential people hiding behind fake names and initials is ridiculous.

I resent having words be put into my mouth and opinions being attributed to me by people who aren't even brave enough to post their real names. I am a very approachable, honest, and dedicated individual. If you feel you need to say something to me then by all means, please call me at 315-457-7181. If you don't have the nerve to say it to my face or even from a computer screen with your actual name, then do us all a favor and be quiet.

All the girls deserve respect and awe for getting up in front of people and performing. All directors deserve respect for spending hours at this volunteer position. So either get on stage, start a local, or be quiet.

Replies:
Subject: NATIONAL SWEETHEART PAGEANT - who is representing NY this year?

Author:
curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:52:28 06/16/14 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Enter to Win $250 Cash FREE...PageantRack.com

Author:
Suzy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:15:41 06/16/14 Mon

Enter PageantRack.com Spread the Word Contest and win $250 CASH FREE....

Sign up as a User on PageantRack.com (FREE) and begin sharing Pageant Items from Product pages by clicking on the like button, the User with the Most Shares on 6.23.2014, will win $250.00 CASH..

Winner will be announced via Email and Our Face Book Page...

Enter Now for FREE....

Subject: I just took a look at the Miss NY page and found some new local tiles added on.

Author:
curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:26:31 06/12/14 Thu

How many of these new locals do you think will hit the ground running? Are there any "returning" locals that you think might not actually return and/or may drop titles?

http://www.missny.org/compete/

Subject: Hypothetical local question...

Author:
-
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:34:05 06/12/14 Thu

If you could add three local titles to the Miss NY roster, what would they be called? Also, which areas would they represent. Would it be closed to one or open to many counties? This is just for fun but let's see what we can come up with!

Replies:
Subject: Downstate titles

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:42:43 06/10/14 Tue

They should use Greater NY like Jamie M. chose in sweepers.

Subject: Anybody else kinda disappointed in the way the KP swimsuits fit the USA girls? I like Kandice and am happy for her success, just thought they fit poorly

Author:
:(
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:07:02 06/10/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Just for fun:

Author:
-MissNYFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:03:51 06/09/14 Mon

It's the Miss New York All Star Pageant! The following ladies just made the top ten (i just went with the most recent ten Miss NYs)-

Kira- '14
Amanda- '13
Nina- '13
Shannon- '12
Mallory- '12
Kaitlin- '11
Clair- '10
Alyse- '09
Leigh-Taylor- '08
Elisabeth- '07

Who wins the following?:
4RU/3RU/2RU/1RU/MNY ALL STAR
SS PRELIM
TALENT PRELIM
EW PRELIM
OVERALL INTERVIEW
COMMUNITY SERVICE

This is obviously hypothetical, but is meant to be fun. Post your thoughts, and let's keep it positive!

Replies:
Subject: Miss NY Pageant

Author:
No Nmae
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:08:35 06/02/14 Mon

I had the opportunity tonight to see both Mis Staten Island and Miss New York at a charity Talent Show on Staten Island. It's easy to see what they came out on top. They were both charming, gracious, funny and genuine....and of course, ABSOLUTELY STUNNING! They posed for pictures, chatted with everyone, especially the kids and seemed to be very friendly with each other. So nice to see!

Replies:
Subject:
TOP 10

Author:
THERE THEY ARE
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:28:11 05/30/14 Fri

Replies:
Subject:

Author:
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:27:49 05/30/14 Fri

Replies:
Subject: DVD of 2014 competition

Author:
miss-memories
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:22:34 05/30/14 Fri

I know it's probably too early, but if anyone hears anything about how to order a DVD of this year's pageant please let us know! Such a special year with 2 NY Miss America's on stage (maybe 3...good luck Kira!)

Subject: KIRA'S GOWN

Author:
Jefforey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:17:47 05/30/14 Fri

Nina's yellow gown has already become sort of iconic. She carried over Gaspar Cruz's design to Atlantic City & it was a smash triumph. This year....

Kira's gown is receiving lots of talk on Pageant Guru. Seems as though her mother made it. The consensus is that folks like the instincts behind the design yet would like to see a more upscale replica for top marks. Bearing this in mind, my question is two-part: A) Will Kira wear a similar design in Atlantic City & B) If not, what sort of design would you suggest for her competition evening gown at Miss America?

Replies:
Subject: Continued service

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:06:40 05/28/14 Wed

That MAO Community Service Award certainly went to the right girl. I just looked at JamieLynn's FB page and she hasn't missed a step in her community outreach after the pageant. You go girl! I also saw that Lauren and Sarah have several things going on.

Replies:
Subject: I have a random question:

Author:
Slim Jim
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:40:09 05/28/14 Wed

Kira competed for the Miss New York City/Cosmopolitan pageant. I got that. Her local sash stated: Miss New York City. This I understand. What I don't get is why she was referred to at the pageant and referred to now, in a former sense, as Miss City of New York. Did I miss something?

Replies:
Subject: After the pageant

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:58:51 05/27/14 Tue

Let's see who continues to use their local crowns now that the state pageant is over.

Replies:
Subject: Miss NY Pageant

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:57:38 05/27/14 Tue

A florist was mentioned by Mallory as a sponsor of the pageant and yet the runners up got nothing, no flowers, no plaque...what gives?

Replies:
Subject: Hope everyone that traveled to Staten Island got home safely! Here are the awards as I know them, please fill in the blanks and correct any errors!

Author:
-MissNYFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:36:41 05/26/14 Mon

Top 10
Stephanie
Claudette
Katelynn
Julia
Christina
4RU- Cat
3RU- Jillian
2RU- Jamie
1RU- Desiree
MNY- Kira

Prelim SS- Kira and Desiree
Prelim talent- Jillian and Cat
Overall Interview- Kira
MAO Community Service Award- Kira
CMN Award- Jamie Lynn
MAO CMN award- Jamie Lynn
MAO Academic Award- Christina
Non Finalist Interview- Sarah
Non Finalist Evening Wear- Jamie H
Non Finalist Talent- Anneliese

Replies:
Subject: Slim Jim, after prelims...who's your Top 10? Fav gown? Talent? SS? Overall?

Author:
NY Gal
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:11:57 05/26/14 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Kate Shindle?

Author:
Hm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:51:14 05/26/14 Mon

Where was she? Kinda blew the Three Theme

Replies:
Subject: Did Kira's parents fly in from California to see her compete?

Author:
Bruno
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:10:57 05/25/14 Sun

Replies:
  • Re: -- No name, 05:10:57 05/25/14 Sun
Subject: Predictions:

Author:
NY gal
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:54:11 05/24/14 Sat

Def 9 of Top 10: Christina, Katelynn, Cat, Sarah, Desiree, Jamie M., Kira, Jillian, Jamie H.

Def. Not Top 10: Caitlin, Courtney, Anneliese, Emily, Lauren, Nina, Adrienne, Madison

Could go either way: Stephanie, Claudette, Julia, Olivia

Replies:
Subject:
ROAD TO MISS AMERICA VOTE PAGE
(just for fun)

Author:
FYI:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:28:01 05/24/14 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Pre-Prelim Miss NY Challenge Thread

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:45:52 05/24/14 Sat

So, we all see it happen. The judges are announced, the prelim winners get their awards, and your top 10/top 5 prediction list is officially decimated. The Road to Miss America Board and posts surrounding it got me thinking about the changes that occur between pre-prelim and post prelim lists. So here is my pseudo RTMA challenge for you:

Post (with a handle, please!) your top 10 for Miss NY, denoting your top 5 in order from 4RU to MNY. You will have until 12:00 am Thursday evening/Friday morning to post your lists to be "considered". Please label your post starting with- Pre-Prelim Miss NY Challenge Thread

After prelims (but obviously before the pageant finals), you may elect to post your NEW top 10 and top 5, with the same handle, titled- Post-Prelim Miss NY Challenge Thread

I think this might be a fun way to see how prelims and knowledge of judges affects our thinking the day of the pageant. Predict away, avid Miss NY fans!

Replies:
Subject: Gown thoughts?

Author:
NY Gal
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:14:02 05/24/14 Sat

Top 3: Claudette, Katelynn and Jamie M.
Not quite: Kira, Adrienne, Madison and Courtney

Best look: Jamie M. looked amazing.

Replies:
Subject: Post-prelim thoughts and predictions

Author:
Behind the judges
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:57:41 05/24/14 Sat

As predicted, Miss NY is anyone's game this year. There were a lot of truly special moments from the contestants, but there isn't an across-the-board standout. It makes for an exciting competition. Here are my thoughts/predictions after last night.

Jillian: Talent win was well-deserved, and she was in my top 5 for EG and SS. Her OSQ wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. I think she's got the scores for a top 5 finish.

Julia Rae: Great OSQ and EG, her SS and talent were fine and good enough to get her the scores for a top 5 placement. My wish for her is that she take the "pageant" out of her talent piece. It's a little old-fashioned in it's presentation, but good enough to win.

Desiree: Consistently strong across the board, so another top 5 placement is likely. I can't put my finger on why I'm just a little lukewarm with her. She just didn't have that "A-HA!" moment for me where she connected/resonated with me. This could hurt her in the top 5 ballot, but if she finds that special moment tonight, she could take the crown.

Stephanie: This is the girl that had a few "A-HA!" moments last night. Her OSQ was, for me, the best of the bunch - funny, sincere and articulate. Her talent presentation was simply beautiful (the best dancer for me). She just seemed so emotionally connected to everything she was doing on stage. Her SS and EG were top 10 worthy, made better by execution and presentation. Solid top 10 for me and could squeak into the 5 with a repeat performance tonight.

Cat: Talent win was also well-deserved and OSQ was pretty good. SS and EG might keep her from the Top 5, but she is very likable on stage, so she too could squeak in there.

Kira: SS win was a no-brainer for me. OSQ was among the best. Her talent and EG, however, are love or hate it propositions. I think she'll get the benefit of the doubt in both and land in the Top 5, but I'm just not convinced that she'll get the nod in final ballot - but her winning wouldn't surprise me.

Christina: SS was great and everything else was really solid. She's a lock for the top 10 and maybe the Top 5. My biggest concern with her is that everything she does on stage seems so calculated and "performed". It's charming at first, but as time goes on, I find myself disconnected and just not quite buying it. If she can find a way to give the judges open access to who she is, she could emerge victorious...but it's going to be hard to get there in such a short period of time.

Jamie M. She's never looked better in EG and SS (easy top 10 in both). Her OSQ was top 10 of the night, but not terribly memorable. Her talent for me was good, but I've seen better from her. It lacked the emotional connection she usually has and I just felt she was going through the paces. She does have a likability factor and I see her making the Top 10, but she doesn't scream Miss New York to me based on what I saw last night.

Claudette: She shines on stage and will probably get into the Top 10, but I think talent, while not objectionable, will give the judges pause and may keep her from going any further.

The tenth spot is up for grabs between Katelynn, Olivia, Sarah and possibly Nina or Courtney.

Tonight's going to be really interesting - good luck to all those competing. Even though I have distinct opinions and personal favorites, I wouldn't be surprised by anything tonight.

Replies:
Subject:
SHOW TIME
if you have inside the pageant info or photos post them here for us

Author:
at home
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:09:12 05/24/14 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Miss NY

Author:
na
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:47:33 05/23/14 Fri

I was just looking at all the contestant's Miss NY pictures. I have to say...what is happening with some of those outfits...and the shoes? There is clearly a distinction between the girls as to who is ready for the job of Miss NY. Oh my to some of them.

Replies:
Subject: Prelims tomorrow night!!

Author:
-MissNYFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:36:24 05/23/14 Fri

Who do you think will take SS, EW, and TALENT? Usually they announce the top two.

Replies:
Subject: Talent

Author:
nn
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:47:14 05/23/14 Fri

Desiree will be doing jazz this year.

Replies:
Subject:
Contestants Meet & Entertain Eger Harbor House Residents
SLIDE SHOW HERE

Contestants Take Lunch Break At Commons Cafe
SLIDE SHOW HERE

Author:
In The News
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:35:29 05/22/14 Thu

Replies:
Subject:

Author:
AWESOME INTERVIEW
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:37:18 05/22/14 Thu

Subject:
Mayor de Blasio Meets Miss New York Contestants
SLIDE SHOW #1
SLIDE SHOW #2

Author:
In The News
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:27:36 05/22/14 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Just checked the Road to Miss America board and thought I'd share the most recent results:

Author:
-MissNYFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:42:01 05/21/14 Wed

Jamie M- 3 votes
Julia- 3 votes
Desiree- 6 votes
Christina- 2 votes
Jillian- 4 votes
Kira- 1
Courtney- 1

One person voted for two people, and those are included under both girls' tallies. Whaddya think? Is our top five in this list?

Replies:
Subject: News out of NY

Author:
--
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:56:58 05/21/14 Wed

Any news out from any of the girls as to how things are going? Any word on who the judges are?

Subject: I can't figure out how to post a picture

Author:
Tech no
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:48:39 05/21/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject:

Miss America Comes Home To St. Joseph High School

Author:
In The News
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:42:56 05/21/14 Wed

Subject: Some welcoming pics to start pageant week…enjoy!

Author:
-MissNYFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:49:44 05/20/14 Tue

Subject: IS THERE A CENTRAL ADDRESS THAT WE MAY USE FOR SENDING CARDS TO FOR THE CONTESTANTS THIS WEEK?

Author:
WONDERING...
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:58:29 05/20/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Who do you think will be named Miss NY?

Author:
Post Now
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:42:33 05/20/14 Tue

http://www.voy.com/241665/

The Road to Miss America

Replies:
Subject: Home

Author:
nn
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:17:20 05/17/14 Sat

I'm sorry....I have a slight issue when contestants running for the title Miss NY hash tag other states home. If that's the case, run in that state.

Replies:
Subject:

CONTESTANTS OUT & ABOUT

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:19:46 05/17/14 Sat

Replies:
Subject: With only two weeks until Miss New York I wanted to add a final top 10 list

Author:
positive posts please!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:12:39 05/17/14 Sat

Here's what I'm feeling along with rationale, going in order off of the top of the board's collage:

Courtney- She probably has a solid interview, and is very present in on stage competition. She also has previous state pageant experience.
Christina- Sometimes she can be hit or miss for me, depending on her stage presence. I feel like she is a definite T 10 this year, and could go further.
Sarah- Despite her long journey to get a local title, I see something special in this girl. If her on stage questions are any indication of her interview, she will be a forced to be reckoned with in that phase, and we all know that's really where it's won. Pulling for at least a T10 for Sarah.
Desiree- She will probably be a lock for T5 again. Beautiful girl, consistent placement in competitive years, and a solid scorer. Something missing in her on stage personality, which is why I don't think it's her year to take it all, but anything could happen.
Claudette- Her collegiate credentials are very impressive. I can see her doing well in interview, which could propel her into a T10 spot.
Jamie- I don't know much about her, but I do know she has competed and made top 10 in Virginia, which (at least in the past) is a competitive pageant state. With that experience, I'm sure she could make T10 easily.
Julia- Also one I don't know much about, but if her MAOT experience and placement is any indication, she should do well.
Kira- IMO, she is just too pretty not to make it. She has infectious stage presence and glows. Jury is still out for me on T5 for her, pending talent, but I think T10 is a no brainer.
Jillian- Probably the talent winner for this year's pageant. She has lots of experience in another competitive state (FL) and I think T5 is a very plausible guess for her. Could take it all, if her interview is strong enough.
Jamie- She seems to have on and off years too. I think this year is an on year. Something about her in photos just radiates a genuine person, and some of her appearance photos give me a Kaitlin Monte vibe. Pending circumstances, I could see her T10, T5, Non-finalist, or Miss NY. I'm hoping it's an on year for her, as I think she could do a lot with the title, if given the chance,

Bubblers:
Anneliese- She is so stunning and well put together. I think she might need more experience before she can be a serious contender, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see her beautiful face in the T10.
Cat- She seems to have a complete package, but I'm not quite sure if it can be matched with some of the other girls competing. I could also see her in the 10 without being surprised.
Olivia- I like everything about this girl, but think she's too young and might need more experience. There are always Teresa Scanlins and Kirsten Haglunds in the world, though, maybe she's one of them? Wishing her all the best at her first state pageant.

What're your thoughts? Who's in your T10 and why? Let's keep it positive people…two weeks and counting!

Replies:
Subject: Re: I can't wait to see what this year's production will bring! I'm hoping you receive a warm welcome to the Miss NY team, and I look forward to (hopefully!) attending the pageant!

Author:
Jack Dyville (BROADWAY Meets PAGENTRY!)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:13:52 05/15/14 Thu

Thank you. Thus far All Is Great and I am promising a Wonderful Show --- BROADWAY Meets PAGEANTRY!
Deb and Linda and Kim are wonderful to work with!
Besides starring the 21 State Finalists from all over the Empire State, I am presenting Broadway'a SEAN MICHAEL MURRAY (American Idiot) (Rent revival) as our Guest Star Vocalist along with three male Broadway and Off Broadway Dancers.
Theme is LIGHTNING STRIKES and relates to the fact that NY could have a third Miss A in a row!!!
And of course MALLORY HAGEN and NINA DAVALURI will be there both evenings and on Saturday KATE SHINDLE will also perform!
Join us Friday May 23 for Preliminaries and Saturday May 24 for the FINALS. Tickets at Ticket Mastr or call the St. George Theatre, Staten Island -

Replies:
Subject:

Macy’s and Delta Vacations Celebrate Asian-Pacific American Heritage Month with Miss America 2014, Nina Davuluri
READ PRESS RELEASE HERE

Author:
In The News
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:43:06 05/14/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Countdown

Author:
--
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:09:17 05/12/14 Mon

I noticed the countdown says Miss New York 2015. It is actually Miss New York 2014. Just a little correction! Thanks for all that you do, Mod.

Replies:
Subject: Who are the Miss NY Judges?

Author:
Thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:55:36 05/11/14 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Other boards?

Author:
Thank you
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:15:40 05/09/14 Fri

What are the links to the othe NY discussion boards?

Replies:
Subject: I just wanted to say I am grateful for this board and its ability to remain positive and support our girls. For fun, I made a Miss NY collage, I hope you all enjoy!

Author:
-MissNYFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:25:37 05/08/14 Thu

Replies:
Subject:

Miss New York State Pageant To Honor Staten Island Legend Edith Susskind
READ ARTICLE HERE

Author:
IN THE NEWS
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:00:48 05/08/14 Thu

Replies:
Subject: New Questions for discussion

Author:
GLS
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:38:33 05/07/14 Wed

Here's some more for fun. Please keep it nice!

Most passionate about their platform?
Most sincere and relatable?
Most classy?
Most articulate in public?
Most fashionable?

Replies:
Subject: Will the Miss New York pageant be webcast?

Author:
Thank you
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:34:50 05/07/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject:

Miss America Nina Davuluri To Judge Congresswoman Grace Meng’s STEM Contest
READ ARTICLE HERE

Author:
IN THE NEWS
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:58:58 05/06/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Who in the NY class if 2014 is the following superlatives?

Author:
-just 4, fun
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:31:15 05/06/14 Tue

1- Best shot at winning Miss America?
2- Most likely to have a killer evening gown?
3- Most likely to work their platform just as hard after Miss NY as before?
4- Most likely to win Miss NY in their last year if eligibility ?
5- Most likely to win Miss NY as a newbie?

Replies:
Subject: As requested: Educational Info

Author:
Please correct if anything seems wrong.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:47:59 04/29/14 Tue

Not sure about graduation dates, but here are the schools of the 21 contestants as taken from Miss Mohawk Valley's Blog.

- Courtney Sheridan: Hamilton Fulton Montgomery BOCES Licensed Practical Nursing Program

- Olivia Grant: Queen’s University

- Jamie Lynn Macchia: Wagner College

- Stephanie Accardo: St. Paul’s School Of Nursing

- Anneliese trust: Siena College

- Desiree Wiley: Buffalo State College

- Madison Manuel: SUNY Adirondack

- Emily Stegeland: Maria College

- Lauren Crandall: SUNY Oneonta

- Kira Kazantsev: Hofstra University

- Christina Moore: Wagner College

- Julia Rae Schlucter: Fordham University

- Adrienne Wilson: Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

- Nina Zesky: SUNY Delhi

- Caitlin Nolan: Le Moyne College

- Katelynn Smith: The College of Saint Rose

- Cat Janisko: Pennsylvania State University

- Sarah Hreyo: Sarah Lawrence College

- Claudette Gomez: Columbia Law School

- Jillian Tapper: Florida State University

- Jamie Hughes: Old Dominion University

Replies:
Subject: Education Thread

Author:
Thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:22:36 04/26/14 Sat

Would you please post the contestants educational information that you may know in this thread?

Replies:
Subject:
Tickets can be purchase at www.ticketmaster.com or by calling 718-442-2900 M-F
Ticket Prices: 3 Event Package $110 / Prelims $50 / NYOT Pageant $25 / MNY Pageant $65

Author:
FYI:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:22:21 04/25/14 Fri

Subject: New collage of current headshots! I am not the creator of this particular collage, so if you have beef with any of the headshots, quality, or who I'm "favoring" with this photo, please take it elsewhere. :) Let's go, NY girls!

Author:
-MissNYFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:15:54 04/23/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Workshop

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:50:00 04/23/14 Wed

Workshop over, spots picked...can't wait to see what the line up is...

Replies:
Subject: Head shots

Author:
No nmae
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:07:58 04/21/14 Mon

Class of 2014 head shots are up. There are some clear standouts here!

Replies:
Subject: Tickets!

Author:
---
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:02:04 04/20/14 Sun

Anyone have the link were you can go to get tickets for the pageant?

Replies:
Subject: Today is a great day! Happy Easter to all AND Happy Birthday to our beautiful and intelligent Miss America, Nina Davuluri! Have a happy and safe holiday, everyone!

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:50:19 04/20/14 Sun

Subject: Outstanding Teens

Author:
JK
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:13:05 04/19/14 Sat

Since Teens are essentially "at-large", its hard to keep track of them all before the State pageant.
Staten Island OT:
CNY OT: Libby
Thousand Islands OT: Joelle
Flower City OT: Cady Ruth
NYC OT:
Finger Lakes OT: Megan
Upstate NY OT: Kimberly
Fulton County OT:
Mohawk Valley OT: Olivia
Empire Rose OT: Haley
Empire Star OT: Sarah
Empire Capital Region:
Syracuse OT: Amanda
Salt City OT: Katelyn

Did I miss any?

Replies:
Subject: Rant

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:32:34 04/17/14 Thu

I just want to put this out there: ladies, please don't think that you "have this in the bag". There are several of you who think that this crown is "your due". Be modest and let the chips fall where they may. You are all amazing young women and any one of you may become Miss NY. There's nothing uglier than someone expecting something they clearly need to earn. Crow doesn't taste pleasant. End rant.

Subject: Miss NY Pageant Questions

Author:
-
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:48:01 04/17/14 Thu

A few more questions, some hypothetical, some I genuinely don't know the answer to:

1) Will there be a top 10, or 11? If so, are they continuing people's choice?
2) Who do you think would win people's choice?
3) Anybody know who is emceeing?
4) Will Nina be in attendance? I believe Mallory was last year.
5) Will there be production numbers for all phases of competition? I thought I heard no production numbers were taught at workshop. It's totally plausible to teach them all during production week but I was just curious.

Thanks for any insight!

Replies:
Subject: Other Systems

Author:
JK
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:47:04 04/15/14 Tue

I've noticed within the past few days at least three situations where people who are publicly associated with MAO are participating in other pageant competition systems. I see in the contract that Miss titleholders are contracted to obtain from competing in other systems (ie, glitz, USA, International) but does this pertain to directors or Teen contestants?

i have no objection to girls competing in other systems after they age out. But doesn't it make sense that while you are representing the Miss America local organization, you are a spokesmodel for for this Organization and not using the MAO name to further yourself in other systems?

Replies:
Subject: Drug testing

Author:
Jk
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:34:26 04/15/14 Tue

Just another topic for discussion (this is NOT PROVOKED. No current titkeholder has led me to bring this topic to the table, so please do not point fingers or tarnish crowns): being a titleholder is a great responsibility. You are contractually a rolemodel, a spokesmodel, an advocate, and an employee. You are representing an organization that is nearly 100 years old. Many jobs require drug testing on their employees. Same for sports, even if they are not performance enhancing.

Questions to think about:
-Should contestants or titleholders be tested for drug use? If so, when, and at what level of the competition?
-Does a local/state ED have the right to request/demand this as a requirement for employment?
-Would the three states with legal marijuana use be exempt from a nation wide Organization rule, or would they be required to stay away as well?
-Can a titleholder still be a good Queen in the public if she participates in recreational drug use in the privacy of her home?
-Could this lead to further rules on tobacco & alcohol?

Replies:
Subject: New collage!

Author:
-MissNYFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:18:01 04/15/14 Tue

I'm sorry I'm hounding the board today but I found out Tony Bowls is the Miss America Evening Wear sponsor and I just couldn't get enough of these stunning photos of our gorgeous Miss America in his line. Nina is just radiant in these photos, and I hope you enjoy them!

Replies:
Archives: 1234 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a new public message:
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.