|Subject: With only two weeks until Miss New York I wanted to add a final top 10 list|
positive posts please!
[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: 11:12:39 05/17/14 Sat
Here's what I'm feeling along with rationale, going in order off of the top of the board's collage:
Courtney- She probably has a solid interview, and is very present in on stage competition. She also has previous state pageant experience.
Christina- Sometimes she can be hit or miss for me, depending on her stage presence. I feel like she is a definite T 10 this year, and could go further.
Sarah- Despite her long journey to get a local title, I see something special in this girl. If her on stage questions are any indication of her interview, she will be a forced to be reckoned with in that phase, and we all know that's really where it's won. Pulling for at least a T10 for Sarah.
Desiree- She will probably be a lock for T5 again. Beautiful girl, consistent placement in competitive years, and a solid scorer. Something missing in her on stage personality, which is why I don't think it's her year to take it all, but anything could happen.
Claudette- Her collegiate credentials are very impressive. I can see her doing well in interview, which could propel her into a T10 spot.
Jamie- I don't know much about her, but I do know she has competed and made top 10 in Virginia, which (at least in the past) is a competitive pageant state. With that experience, I'm sure she could make T10 easily.
Julia- Also one I don't know much about, but if her MAOT experience and placement is any indication, she should do well.
Kira- IMO, she is just too pretty not to make it. She has infectious stage presence and glows. Jury is still out for me on T5 for her, pending talent, but I think T10 is a no brainer.
Jillian- Probably the talent winner for this year's pageant. She has lots of experience in another competitive state (FL) and I think T5 is a very plausible guess for her. Could take it all, if her interview is strong enough.
Jamie- She seems to have on and off years too. I think this year is an on year. Something about her in photos just radiates a genuine person, and some of her appearance photos give me a Kaitlin Monte vibe. Pending circumstances, I could see her T10, T5, Non-finalist, or Miss NY. I'm hoping it's an on year for her, as I think she could do a lot with the title, if given the chance,
Anneliese- She is so stunning and well put together. I think she might need more experience before she can be a serious contender, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see her beautiful face in the T10.
Cat- She seems to have a complete package, but I'm not quite sure if it can be matched with some of the other girls competing. I could also see her in the 10 without being surprised.
Olivia- I like everything about this girl, but think she's too young and might need more experience. There are always Teresa Scanlins and Kirsten Haglunds in the world, though, maybe she's one of them? Wishing her all the best at her first state pageant.
What're your thoughts? Who's in your T10 and why? Let's keep it positive people…two weeks and counting!
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
- Re: With only two weeks until Miss New York I wanted to add a final top 10 list -- GLS, 21:17:50 05/10/14 Sat
- Really? HOW exactly do you believe NY will keep that from happening? Do you believe the judges will all come with a preconceived idea that they shouldn't crown a dancer this year? Do you believe that the judges instructions will be to score all dancers low in all areas of competition to assure they do not make it onto the balloting page? Can you not see that this absurd train of thought & these ridiculous comments cast doubt and suspicion on the integrity of the whole MAO organization? If anyone reading this and honestly believes the outcome of any local or state pageant is predetermined or manipulated in anyway whatsoever then why in the world are you involved? (NT) -- This Is Complete & Utter Nonsense!, 08:30:12 05/11/14 Sun
- 10: Jillian, Christina, Kira, Desiree, Jamie M, Olivia, Jamie H, Julia, Claudette, Annalise/Sarah. Top 5: Kira, Jillian, Desiree, Christina, Julia/Olivia NT -- Prognosticator, 10:15:17 05/13/14 Tue
- Re: 10: Jillian, Christina, Kira, Desiree, Jamie H, Julia, Claudette, Annelise,Sarah, Stephanie.Top 5: Kira, Jillian, Desiree, Christina, Julia (NT) -- Based on a strong interview, 15:18:26 05/13/14 Tue
- My T- 5: Desiree Wiley - Jamie Lynn Macchia - Jillian Tapper - Julia Rae Schlucter - Kira Kazantsev
My T-10: Anneliese Trust - Christina Moore - Claudette Gomez - Courtney Sheridan - Jamie Hughes (NT) -- IMHO ((optimistic)), 15:10:29 05/14/14 Wed
- Just want to add: there are 18 contestants and 14 of them are mentioned above at Top Ten contenders. For anyone who still thinks this isn't a competitive year - think again - I really can't wait to see all these young woman bringing their A-games to the stage! I think the judges are going to have a tough time choosing between so many capable gals! (NT) -- IMHO, 15:37:48 05/14/14 Wed