VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time ]
Subject: MEH

Author:
Oliver
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:30:40 11/19/18 Mon
In reply to: Roddy Jordan 's message, "My New Book Is Finished" on 09:46:10 11/17/18 Sat

Thank you.

I remember reading an interview with MEH where she said her mother was killed in a plane crash. I don't have a link unfortunately. It might have been one of the Texas newspapers online. She said she didn't trust small planes for that reason, and would have discouraged Buddy's flight if she'd known.

It's not in any of the biographies? I used to collect Buddy Holly books, but downsized after we moved a few years ago.

I know MEH will often say things in interviews for dramatic effect so it's possible the truth lies elsewhere.

What I find most interesting about MEH is how often she says she had ambitions to be on Broadway. To sing, dance, etc. She tells interviewers that Buddy discouraged her. "You don't need to do that" she quotes him. But after his passing, there are no Broadway auditions, no acting or singing lessons, no attempt to follow her dream?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
My New Book Is FinishedRoddy Jordan09:51:00 11/20/18 Tue
MEHDanielle13:54:45 11/20/18 Tue

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.