[ Show ]
[ Shrink ]
Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor
of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users'
privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your
privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket
to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we
also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.
Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your
contribution is not tax-deductible.)
Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):
[ Next Thread |
Previous Thread |
Next Message |
Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 06:10:11 02/14/03 Fri
Subject: MAAC Musings
- Manhattan has been great. But would it really suprise anyone if they faded down the stretch and were upset in the tourney? Their next 3 are on the road, albeit including an exhibition at LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLoyola.
- Speaking of (Lx17) - oyola, what the heck are they doing? Is there any hope down in Baltimore? Any signs of life? It's getting to the point where some serious consideration needs to be given to if they want to stay in the conference - if so, they need to get their act together and at least try to be competative one of these years...
- Is there anything better than Siena vs. Iona? And the funny thing is that there are so many similarities between the programs, yet some folks around here would never admit it. Suffice it to say it's best for the MAAC when these 2 teams are fighting for the top of the standings.
- Must admit that Fairfield has really suprised me this year. Yes, we all knew they had talent, but their frosh have been impressive, and their guard play is much improved. They even seem to be a somewhat cohesive unit this year! Props to the much-maligned TOT for getting it together - great win tonight at Draddy.
- What if Niagara played any defense? Kind of a scary thought for the top teams...
- Much Kudos must be given to Ruland this year. Looks like he finally recruited some solid citizens, who by the way can also play some hoops. Maybe, just maybe, he's learned his lesson. Will be interesting to see what happens next year with the 2 Syracuse kids. Will this new found "tranquility" in the Gaels program continue? or will it be back to distraction city?
- Guy predicting 25 wins for the Gaels next year is absolutely absurd. I really hope you are joking about that, my friend.
- From the "Everybody is now going to cringe" category...Don't look now, but Rider has won 5 of their last 7. Their worst loss in that span was a 5 point defeat at Marist. Of course, they still have never gotten past the first round of the MAAC tourney, and until they do, it's hard to take them as a serious threat.
- Kudos to SPC, who seems to be turning a corner after being down for years! Kee Kee Clark is DA MAN!!! Everyone in the MAAC should say a little prayer that he will stick around all 4 years and not look to transfer. Any time he's in a SPC uniform, that team will be dangerous.
- Team you do not want to face in the first round: Canisius. Senior backcourt of Dux and Mallory will be a TOUGH out. I guarantee that some 2, 3, or 4 seed will be praying that they go out in the PIG. Said team will take their chances with the higher-seed winner. Hard to believe that team sits in 9th place right now. Yikes!
- Miserable year for the Red Foxes, but they have still managed some sweet wins (@LaSalle, Holy Cross, and of course, their superbowl vicrory @Siena). I can't see them advancing past the 1st round, even if they win their PIG game. Just too undersized and not enough quality depth.
- And finally, a comment or 2 on my beloved Saints. Siena fans are spoiled, I'm the first to admit that. We expect 20 wins a year, weather realistic or not. When you are led by an enigma named Prosper, it's hard to expect consistancy. The Saints go as Prosper goes. When Prosper is on, Siena can play with anyone. When he's off, they can lose home games to Marist and Rider. We are not used to Siena losing at the Pepsi vs. inferior teams. In fact, Siena's played better on the road this year. Even most of the home wins have been snoozers (save for the Providence game). One thing is that the Saints do tend to play up to the level of their competition, which may bode well for the tourney if they can secure a top 4 spot. But Prosper has to bring it each and every night, just as he did in last year's tourney. Anything less than Prosper's best effort, and Siena's a goner.
- This year's frosh class is the best I've ever seen in the MAAC, across the board. Let's all hope for health and prosparity for the class of '06, and we should have some great competition in this league over the next 4 years.
Just my 2 cents.
Next Thread |
Previous Thread |
Next Message |
[ Contact Forum Admin ]
Forum timezone: GMT-5|
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.