VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:32
Author: ketch
Subject: Re: Sunburst Community???
In reply to: Dwayanu-1Apr02 's message, "Re: Sunburst Community???" on 08:28

I find it rather rich for you to accuse me of twisting things around. Let us examine what you wrote.

From your last post:

You wrote, "According to Paulsen one of the Builders spaceships has been orbiting the Earth for the last 12,000 years." Where do you come up with this stuff? Maybe you really should try reading the book again.

All right. I took another look at the book and this is what I find on page 422 of “Sunburst.” Paulsen is watching a display of spaceship manoeuvres put on by “The Builders.”

I fixed my gaze on the bright orange sphere which was still hovering in the same area. As I watched it I began to feel connected to the image.
“Brother, that is correct. You are residing with us in a vortex of energy that is emanating from the mother Mu. Now watch us perform a few maneuvers. Yes, Paulsen,” the voice I perceived was reading my thoughts, “this mother Mu has been in orbit around the Earth most of the time for over twelve thousand years.”

Is there something I am missing here? Is this not saying that a spaceship has been orbiting the Earth for 12,000 years?

In your post you write:

You wrote, "Paulsen was too much even for a bunch of UFO researchers led by George Van Tassel, who seem to have considered Paulsen's claims to be imaginary." Van Tassle certainly was into UFOs. I don't know where you came up with this comment.?

Well, “where you came up with this comment” was from Paulsen’s account of how he was chased away from Van Tassel’s base. As you say Van Tassel was a UFO hunter. My point is that Paulsen’s claims are not even taken seriously by the more extreme elements among UFO true believers. Here is what Paulsen wrote. Paulsen is speaking with his friend Daniel Boone at Van Tassel’s camp.

”Norm, I think you should turn yourself in to a hospital; you need some help. God, I never thought I would ever see you like this! Let me try to get Lisa on the phone; maybe she’ll help you. How long has it been since you’ve eaten anything?”
“Boone,” I said, “Lisa won’t help. It’s all over between us.”
“Well, dammit, Norm! I’ll take you to the hospital myself!”
“Look, Boone,” I cried, “I’m not going to any hospital! THEY are taking care of me!”
“The hell they are!” yelled Boone. “You look half dead!”
I realized that I had not eaten anything for a week or more, but I wasn’t hungry. “Can I stay here with you for a while, Boone? I have no place else to go.”
Boone looked upset as he replied, “Norman, I can’t have you around Sandra and the kids the way you are looking, acting, and talking.”
“Okay, Brother,” I said, “I understand.”
I felt that Boone wanted to get rid of my presence right away so I walked over and got into the old truck.
“I guess I will say something to George. Goodbye, Brother.”…

“What the hell brings you out here, Paulsen?” yelled George. “We have enough trouble as it is!”…

After hearing me describe some of the major events of my experience, George began to laugh at me. Glenda’s mother, Eva, and a few other people in the restaurant were cracking smiles as George delivered his tirade…

“You come here with this crazy damn story. I want nothing to do with you!”…

George was screaming his tirade at Boone loud enough for me, and everyone else to hear.
“Get that guy off this place! I don’t want him around here any more!”

This does not sound to me like Van Tassel had much faith in Paulsen’s claims.

Shortly after this Paulsen was sent to Camarillo Hospital, an institution for the mentally ill. It is certainly not surprising that Paulsen may have been suffering from mental illness. His marriage had just broken up, he was having trouble making a living, he was an alcoholic and not looking after himself physically. Paulsen should not be stigmatised for his mental illness, which is very common, but it is certainly something we should bear in mind when considering the real cause of the experiences he claims to have had.

You seem to want to play down the role of UFO’s in Paulsen’s belief system. You write:

You wrote, "You have not answered my question about how many members of Paulsen's organisations have ever seen these aliens apart from Paulsen, though you admit that you haven't." It is really not a big subject of great importance compared to establishing yor own communication with God. It is all mental gymnastics until you can receive the facts direct from the only undeniable source. I don't go around asking people what expereinces they have had with UFOs. What most people think of as UFOs are not what Norman is even talking about, which you might be bale to preceive for yoruself from a reread.

I will answer the question for you. No-one else has ever seen these aliens “The Builders” and “The Nephilim” because they do not exist except in Paulsen’s imagination. It may be that now Paulsen is trying to abandon the UFO elements in his ideology, and reinterpret things in a more spiritual manner, but his earlier book “Sunburst – Return of the Ancients” displays a different view. The “Ancients” who are to return are space aliens called “The Builders.” These aliens are the hope for the world. Even Paulsen’s initiation and spiritual teachings come from “The Builders.” Yogananda plays a very minor part in Paulsen’s spiritual beliefs at this stage.

”The promised return of The Ancient Builders has begun. They are here, first to find those they left behind. Each spirit’s Book of Life can be found and read by The Builders, even after the passage of thousands of years. They are busy now trying to get the remains of their own located. It may be they will take their own and leave the Earth to self-destruct; or they may invade and repossess the Earth and try to save hu-man from self-destruction.”

Norman Paulsen, Sunburst page 521.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.