VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 07:35
Author: Bill-26Apr02
Subject: Re: Govindans public slander of Yogananda
In reply to: Eponymous-25Apr02 's message, "Re: Govindans public slander of Yogananda" on 07:34

Eponymous,

That's the point I was simply trying to make. Unfortunately for many this is a very emotional issue and that can cloud judgments. As you point out SRF does have a vested interest in a negative outcome to the test; not only for the reputation of the founder and his spiritual mission, but of course for all those monks and nuns who've given their lives to the service of his organization.

If a positive outcome (which I don't believe for a moment) were to be shown it would have the effect of an atom bomb within SRF. The integrity of PY is being directly challenged, and most of us who've never met him have only our belief in his goodness, his truthfulness, his adherence to a lifestyle that doesn't in any way allow illicit sexuality with disciples; gleaned mainly from his writings and those remaining disciples that lived with him.

However there have been rumors, mostly covered-up by SRF down through the years. As the article makes clear Sri Nerode made similar accusations against PY when he left the ashram. Dhirananda made accusations about PY before he too left Mt. Washington. The latter case though is colored by the fact that Dhirananda and Yogananda had a business agreement which Dhirananda felt Yogananda didn't adhere to, ultimately suing Yogananda for the same and winning. The cross-complaint by Yogananda was thrown out by the judge during the trial.

That Yogananda lived a real life with real problems is very important to me. It makes his teachings more truthful and real to realize that despite those heavy (and many other) trials he still kept his eye on the Ball and just moved on, refusing to allow the negativities drag him down. That is a powerful teaching to me, grounded as it is in the real world in which I find myself residing.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.