VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 13:28
Author: Rishikesh-28Aug02
Subject: Re: New Version - Biography of a Yogi
In reply to: joshua-26Aug02 's message, "Re: New Version - Biography of a Yogi" on 13:27

Dear Sir,

It is so easy to concoct rumours, so difficult to stick to facts.

It is hard to somehow accept this statement, that some one of the stature of Sri Sailendra Bejoy Dasgupta , who was associated with various kriya personages and kriya organizations for just about all his life-time , was not an authorized kriya acharya , while lesser mortals claim to be one.

I have, personally, spoken to the Ashram swami of Sevayatan, Swami Virajananda Giriji, who confirmed all the facts mentioned about him. Sri Dasgupta was one of the founders of Sevayatan (Satsanga Mission) and is still held in high respect by everyone there.

I have been to Barrackpore, and met people associated with him. I have, actually met an Indian disciple of his in Calcutta, who confirmed, independently, most of the things revealed about him.

I was being quite objective, bordering on irreverence, and I must say that everywhere I inquired, (Sevayatan, Shrigurudham) the high opinion which they expressed for him was humbling. None of these places are associated with Yoganiketan, so I could count on their unbiased opinion.

So with all due respects to Swami Satyeswarananda Giri ji, I would differ with him on this statement, as I have personally met people connected with Sri Dasguptaji.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.