VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]56789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:04
Author: ketch - 11 Jun 2002
Subject: Well I never...
In reply to: Haplo - 11 June 2002 's message, "???" on 08:56

Ya I have Dwayin IP but it
doesn't mean I'm Dwayanu ( far from it) which also means that I don't share
ALL his views ( which I know you never said I did). Im just a strange and techi 17 year
old teen who's looking for the light. Weather im on the right path or not is up to me to
decide not you and the same goes for thousands of other people who have different
paths thoughts and expierences.

"Haplo" in a post on 20th May when he denied being "Dwayanu" aka Joe Belton, Paulsen's chief lackey and apologist.

I read e-mailes from people all over the world using the technique SLF teaches saying how wonderful it is and how their lives has change.

"Haplo" in his latest post. Strange that a 17 year old boy who has nothing to do with Paulsen's organisation would receive e-mail from all over the world about this organisation which he has nothing to do with.

Joe, if you are going to quote from other people please use quotation marks, or set the quotations in italics or similar. It makes it much easier for everyone else to follow.

May I ask a question how exactly has he grossly distorted kriya yoga techniques??

For example by introducing a number of colour visualisations which are simply New Age garbage and not in accordance with the teachings of genuine yogi's. There are several other distortions as well, and he has introduced nonsense teachings about descending masculine forces and so forth.

Didnt Yogananda do the same?? he has lititure out there to read and SLF has seminars and meditations.

No, Yogananda did not do the same. Yogananda specifically forbade such open teaching of Kriya and he required all his followers including Mad Norm to pledge that they would not reveal the techniques. Paulsen breaks that vow every time someone watches his video or reads his book "Sacred Science". Clearly Paulsen has nothing but contempt for Yogananda.

All of your other points have been dealt with many times here, and I refer you to many previous posts on the matter. The burden of proof lies with you. In my opinion those of Paulsens claims which can be disproved, such as the existence of the continent of Atlantis, have been disproved on this board. I have yet to see any credible evidence in favour of Mad Norm's claims.

The more unlikely something is the more evidence should be required to support it. For example, if you were to tell me that last night you had dinner with your girlfriend I will accept your word for it. That seems to me to be a reasonable thing to do, and something which you are unlikely to lie about. On the opther hand if you tell me that last night you had dinner with say Michele Pfiffer I will need to see some good evidence. At the very least I will want to see a photograph of the two of you together. If such evidence is available I will believe you, otherwise I will assume you are lying. Now if you tell me that you had dinner with a Goddess from the planet Venus before going back to her spaceship for a night of passion, then I will require a great deal of evidence before I can take the idea seriously.

In the same way Paulsens claims need a great deal of evidence before they can be given anything other than contemptuous consideration. It is for you to proove Paulsens claims rather than for us to disprove them.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Re: ??? -- ketch - 11 June 2002, 09:07
  • Re: ??? -- Haplo - 13 June 2002, 09:08
  • Genetic modifications made by the Nephilim? -- norman - 12 June 2002, 09:10

Post a message:
    This forum requires an account to post.
    [ Create Account ]
    [ Login ]
    [ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.