VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Sat, September 26 2020, 23:57:26Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]23456789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Thu, August 11 2011, 18:35:44
Author: Don Poss
Author Host/IP: cpe-76-166-233-185.socal.res.rr.com / 76.166.233.185
Subject: War-Stories.com Book Review: "Pass Me The Rice", by USN Advisor LT Robert G. Kay (Ret.)

Gents and Ladies,

BOOK REVIEW, by: Don Poss
Webmaster, War-Stories.com and VSPA.com

PASS ME THE RICE, 2011, by Robert G. Kay, Lieutenant, Ret. US Navy (War-Stories.com Life Member #84)

Robert G. Kay's duties aboard Vietnamese Navy Junks patrolling the South China Sea and a Vietnamese River Assault Group, takes the reader along enemy infested rivers and coastal waters. Pass Me The Rice is a raw, raunchy, and riveting nothing is sacred living testament as to how it was.

Pass Me The Rice is in your face with the good, bad, funny, outrageous, absurd and genuine ugliness of combat. Robert Kay's characters are alive and you quickly care for them, and cant help hoping theyve survived the war. Experience the clash between negotiators and exterminators: Lazy ARVN and Americans, politicians, bureaucrats, and media, vs. the Warriors -- only the warriors engage the enemy, and kill them.

TET 68 erupts with infiltration by North Vietnamese Army Regulars and the Viet Cong National Liberation Front, and the ever present obnoxious politicians and dead journalists who thought they were in charge -- and TET '69 is still full speed ahead!

Ladies, Pass Me The Rice is your proof that men, warriors, really are from a testosterone-laden Mars. Firefights, crossfires, ambushes, sudden death and a brutal assault surprising an enemy concealed for ambush that leaves 150 KIA of the 9th NVA Regiment. Standby to cringe at the method used to encourage a POW to talk, and visualize the outcome if he doesnt in this page-turning first-hand saga.

Just when youre ready for an R&R after bloodletting KIAs, WIAs, MIAs, POWs, punji stakes, minefields, experience a dustoff medevac up close and personal, then evac to Japan and the USA. "Goodbye Vietnam it was a hell of a ride", and so was Pass Me The Rice.

Pass Me The Rice -- A four-star 500 Pages must read novel!

Check out the full Book Review and where to make online purchases at:

http://www.war-stories.com/aspprotect/book-review-pass-me-the-rice-robert-g-kay-2011.asp

Don Poss
Webmaster, War-Stories.com and VSPA.com

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.