VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Fri, Oct 23 2020, 0:45:27Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123 ]
Subject: Amaziah Cleveland m. Sarah Marvin

Author:
Daniel Maxwell
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Tue, Aug 09 2016, 20:58:43

I am (probably) a descendant of Amaziah Cleveland who married Sarah Marvin. I have been trying to straighten out the details of this couple for a few months now, independently of the Cleveland book, which has numerous errors.

A few things have thrown me a loop with this couple. The Cleveland book states that Amaziah resided in Shelby co KY, but after searching the tax, deed, and probate records there I can find no proof that this was so. I also cannot substantiate the 1825 death date given for Sarah.

The Amaziah bible record makes no mention of Sarah. But after poking around the work of Marvin family researchers, I believe she is not the daughter of 'Jesse' as stated, but rather that of DAVID Marvin, whose estate in Luzerne co PA was divided on 25 Aug 1801. (source: Luzerne co PA Orphan court book 1, pages 114-114 1/2)

In that record it mentions:

"..to Sarah the wife of Amariah [DM: a common alternate for 'Amaziah'] Cleveland.."

I would be interested in hearing from other Cleveland researchers who are descendants of this couple who may have done original research not contained in the old Cleveland book. I am particularly interested in proof that Amaziah was ever in Kentucky.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.