VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

Thu, Aug 16 2018, 13:05:04VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123 ]
Subject: Amaziah Cleveland m. Sarah Marvin

Author:
Daniel Maxwell
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Tue, Aug 09 2016, 20:58:43

I am (probably) a descendant of Amaziah Cleveland who married Sarah Marvin. I have been trying to straighten out the details of this couple for a few months now, independently of the Cleveland book, which has numerous errors.

A few things have thrown me a loop with this couple. The Cleveland book states that Amaziah resided in Shelby co KY, but after searching the tax, deed, and probate records there I can find no proof that this was so. I also cannot substantiate the 1825 death date given for Sarah.

The Amaziah bible record makes no mention of Sarah. But after poking around the work of Marvin family researchers, I believe she is not the daughter of 'Jesse' as stated, but rather that of DAVID Marvin, whose estate in Luzerne co PA was divided on 25 Aug 1801. (source: Luzerne co PA Orphan court book 1, pages 114-114 1/2)

In that record it mentions:

"..to Sarah the wife of Amariah [DM: a common alternate for 'Amaziah'] Cleveland.."

I would be interested in hearing from other Cleveland researchers who are descendants of this couple who may have done original research not contained in the old Cleveland book. I am particularly interested in proof that Amaziah was ever in Kentucky.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.