[ Show ]
[ Shrink ]
Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor
of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users'
privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your
privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket
to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we
also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.
Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your
contribution is not tax-deductible.)
Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):
[ Next Thread |
Previous Thread |
Next Message |
Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:33:56 11/11/02 Mon
Subject: Operation Secret Snowflake 2002
Welcome to this years Secret Snowflake!
For those of you who are new, here are the basics: A Secret Snowflake is a Secret Santa from this witchblade board. How it works is that everyone who's interested e.mails me and informs me that they're in. (Or if you've already signed up, I'll e.mail you.) I then collect everyone's addresses, and pick names out of a hat. Each person is then told who they are to buy a preseant for and given that peron's address and information. After gifts are exchanged, people find out who their secret snowflake was. Now, a major thing is that you follow the rules which have been altered this year.
1) No gifts over Five dollers, this is a must. I say this because certain people on this board are either minors or (like me) poor college students who have to make presents because they have no money to spare. (Although I'm not sure this was followed last year.)
2) Gifts must be peramiters set by your recepiant (IE if they say no debts, don't send them your phone bill.)
3) *NEW RULE* This game must play like six degree's of seperation and somehow tie back to witchblade, for example: If Wormie says her faovite character is Ian and someone decides to give her choclate wrapped in gold paper than: 1) Ian likes basketball. 2) The Boston Celtics are a basketball team. 3) Their uniforms are green. 4) Green is the color Lepricanes wear. 5)Lepricanus gaurd pots of gold coins. 6)Choclate wrapped in Gold paper is given out on St. Patricks day. (Ok, so that was a silly example, but you get the idea.)
4) All people who are interested must e.mail me by three weeks from today (Which I think happens to be Thanksgiving) so that I can distribute and organize.
5) Presents should be mailed out at a reasonable time from Christmas, Haunaka, and the other witner holidays. If they fall really far apart this year. I suggest we pick a day and name it 'snowflake day'.
I think there were a few more rules, however I can't remember them at preasent. I should be back online within the week so I'll update this then.
PS: IF the above email addy doesn't work try: Calypsodian@hidaway.ziplip.net if those don't work, I'll post a third e.mail addy.
Next Thread |
Previous Thread |
Next Message |
[ Contact Forum Admin ]
Forum timezone: GMT-8|
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.