VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 17:23:27 06/18/04 Fri
Author: Syl
Subject: Fantasy Lover

TITLE: Fantasy Lover

AUTHOR: Sherrilyn Kenyon

GENRE: Fantasy/Romance

Julian of Macedon was a great warrior – a respected general in ancient Greece. After killing his enemy’s son, the Gods curse him to spend eternity trapped in a book, to be summoned as a love slave on any woman’s whim. Two thousand years later, Grace Alexander is given the book as a birthday present from her friend Selena. The only content of the book is a picture of the most beautiful man she has ever seen.

Under Selena’s instruction, Grace frees Julian from the book. He expects her to be like his past summoners; a woman who will use him for sex. But Grace can see that Julian has had heartache and torment in his life and refuses to use him just for his body.

Julian is free from his prison for a month under the rules of the curse, and during that time, he and Grace become involved far more deeply than either of them anticipated, and they strive to break the curse. But they have a few obstacles to overcome before Julian can stay forever in the 21st century. Not least the wrath of Aphrodite and Priapus, who imprisoned him in the book. And the mischief of Eros doesn’t help matters.

The book goes on to describe the couple’s relationship and how they cope with each other’s different cultures and ways. And of course, how they can break the curse.

I loved this book! Okay, it’s light and fluffy, but I’m in the process of reading it for the third time. The story is original, funny, sad, and sexy all at the same time. What woman doesn’t dream of a gorgeous man serving her every need? The book is set in New Orleans, mostly in the French Quarter, one of my favourite places to read about.

I love how Sherrilyn Kenyon can place an ancient Greek in modern times with ease. He blends in, even with the language. As do Julian’s mother Aphrodite and Eros, who conjures up a strange image of an ancient Greek God and his girlfriend Psyche dressed as bikers!

This book is the first of Sherrilyn’s Dark Hunter series, and as the books progress, they get slightly darker, but paradoxically, still with an element of humour. Plus delicious men who are MAD, BAD AND IMMORTAL.

Sherrilyn has a website dedicated to her books written under her own name and her alter-ego, Kinley McGregor. Loads of info and excerpts from the books, pictures of who could portray her heroes, facts, etc. Go take a look.HERE She usually brings out 2 , sometimes 3 books a year, so no long time to wait before you meet another Dark Hunter.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Great book and wonderful series Sylvia. I love all these books. -- Aislinn, 17:31:49 06/18/04 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> Gee, my fantasy lovers are always either Robbie Coltrane or Chris Kattan. Maybe I need to meet the guy in this book! Thanks, Syl! -- beccabee, 18:00:21 06/18/04 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Gee beccabee, I love Robbie Coltrane too, but never thought of him as Fantasy Lover material. *G* -- Aislinn, 20:45:47 06/18/04 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> If you read the Cracker series books, which I assembled at great expense because I had to have them, he is written up as quite the sex object, quite a bit more so than he was shown in the BBC series. -- beccabee, 08:39:49 06/19/04 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Hahaha....he would have had to be. I'm still addicted to the character though and watch it every Sunday at 4pm as a rule. -- Aislinn, 10:11:11 06/19/04 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> Thats an original idea for a book, looks really interesting. I like the idea that they have bought the greek gods to life in the present day. -- Margy, 23:42:11 06/18/04 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> The Dark Hunters are some of my MUST BUYS! Since a couple of years already, they're so much fun!!! I esp. wait for Vanes story *pant, pant*...... Well, I know some people who are annoyed how the Greek Gods are treated in this series, but if you don't take things too serious these books are really great!! -- Antje, 03:16:26 06/19/04 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> Forgot to say, it's now on my book list, Syl. -- beccabee, 08:42:43 06/19/04 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> Sounds like a great book I will definetly put it on my MUST READ list. Thanx Syl Great post!! -- Susan W, 14:08:55 06/21/04 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> Oooohhhh...just finished it last night--thanks for recommending it!! Halfway through Night Pleasures!! -- Shari, 17:21:38 06/26/04 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> Read your review and went straight to Amazon to order it. Should be here in a couple of weeks, together with the "Love actually" DVD. Thanks! *g* -- Pat of the French hosers, 14:27:13 06/28/04 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> You'll not regret it Pat ;-) These books are light and fun, perrrrrfect summer reads IMHO! -- Antje, 23:47:35 06/28/04 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Finished it today and enjoyed it. Now I'm off for the other Dark Hunters... Can't wait. Are they all as gorgeous as Julian? Yummy... -- Pat, 11:43:05 07/18/04 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> oh yes Pat :-))) My personal fav. it Vane the wolf :-)))) (Night Play is his book) -- Antje, 02:57:48 09/10/04 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.