VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 12:25:07 10/17/03 Fri
Author: BrownEyedGirl
Subject: This sounds wonderful! I'm putting it on my TBR list. Thanks!
In reply to: Syl 's message, "Katherine by Anya Seton" on 05:25:52 10/10/03 Fri

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I had just finished The Sunne in Splendor when I saw this review and since I had been reading in that neck of the woods (give or take a few hundred years) I thought I would check it out. Well, I was lucky enough to find a 1st edition copy on Ebay for $10.50 and I should receive it in the next few days. I can't wait to get it and share my thoughts once I've read it. -- Krisabaliz, 22:59:21 10/17/03 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Great idea, Kris! Reading Katherine after SKP makes sense, they're quite similar. Seton doesn't have SKP's fire, and wit, but she's a wonderful storyteller. I'm about halfway in K, lovin it. I've read several books set during the war of the Roses, and am enjoying seeing how the whole thing got started. It was Sunne that finally made the struggle between the two houses clear to me. Also good is Georgette Heyer's My Lord John, an unfinished work that's excellent, it was Heyer's favorite project. -- Brookita, 14:33:45 10/28/03 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.