VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 18:11:30 02/17/06 Fri
Author: WhiteFox
Subject: This is one of my favorite books. I read it at just the right time in my life. It led me exactly to what you mentioned...reading more about Jacob and life in OT times. When you do research it more you will see that goddess worship was part and parcel of life then. Judaism is basically an earth-based religion. Very fascinating stuff. The Red Tent itself is very similar to the Moon Lodge of the Native Americans. Diamant creates wonderfully drawn characters who reach your heart. An important read!
In reply to: Syl 's message, "The Red Tent" on 16:22:22 02/17/06 Fri

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> This book was great. I listened to it on CD and it was so beautifully narrated that it was like poetry. I found it so moving and couldn't wait to get into my car to hear more. Although it is a bit contraversial in Christian and probably Jewish circles because of the license taken by the author to mess with a biblical story. I just saw it as a fictional work based on real life, which it is, and thought it was beautiful. -- Reilly, 20:11:20 02/17/06 Fri

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I also listened to it and thought the narrator was amazing. I think she really added something to the experience -- Marg B, 02:48:06 02/18/06 Sat

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.