VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:28:13 04/10/06 Mon
Author: Lauren Carter
Subject: I just bought this book and have been verra dissapointed. I am an avid reader, but having said that, I have to say that I got to about page 75 and could go no further. There are so many charachters that I could not keep them straight. Perhaps if I had cared more about what they were doing I could have. The language is extremely difficult to read (IMHO), and I just couldn't slop through it. Sorry!
In reply to: Syl 's message, "Game of Kings" on 06:01:08 03/18/06 Sat

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Lymond Chronicles -- SamiaM, 10:45:24 04/14/06 Fri

I did all the Lymond books in the summer of 1995--with several friends urging me on. I must admit I didn't care for Francis all that much--someone described him as "emminently slappable" and I heartlily agree!

But I was a literature major in college, and I REALLY wanted to know what all the quotations were--I could translate some of the French, but that was about all. However--there is a book written by a woman named Morrison that may still be available in England--I "persauded" a friend to bring it to me from London several years ago--that is very similar to The Outlandish Companion, tho' not compiled by the author. It may take time to find, but it's worth it. Aha, so that's what the arrogant Scot was saying!--Oh, that applies to Jamie, too, sometimes. Now if I had my 'druthers as to who the spend the weekend with . . .

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.