VoyForums

Thu March 23 2017 7:21am CSTVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]
Subject: GOOD FOR YOU KATHY!

Author:
stand your ground!
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Mon March 03, 2008 6:03am CST

For anybody who doesn't read the obits board or Grooverama: there have been a lot of comments lately on actresses who have gained weight and people calling them has beens because of it; and just talk about people being ugly in general. Kathy has stood up to them all telling them all how shallow they are. I don't agree with a lot of things she says but applaud her for sticking to her guns on this. I hope she's not leaving all the forums.

Subject Author Date
When you look at that pic of Matthew Broderick and Sarah Jessica Parker...you have to wonder how the hell they became movie stars.... (NT) Amy (sorry, but they're both fugly) 29/02/08 8:33
Can Someone Please Place A paper Bag Over SJP's Head? -- David S., 29/02/08 12:55
I'm sure Matthew does that every time they have sex. IF they have sex, that is. You've heard the rumors. Wonder if they're true? (NT) -- Jeanne, 1/03/08 7:45
I don't know, I think the reason SJP is so popular is that she isn't perfect. Sex and The City wouldn't have been near as popular with women if they'd gotten Elle McPherson in the lead (yes, I know men would have tuned in, but it wasn't a show FOR men, was it?). She was different, imperfect, confident, strongly individual and had her own style. Isn't that what we want women to be, rather than skinny blonde Paris clones? Anyway, she must have something going on to bag Matthew Broderick AND JFK Jr! (NT) -- Kim, 1/03/08 8:10
Well, you have to admire her integrity in preferring to look like herself. Barbra Steisand is another who chose to be true to herself rather than go under the knife. Look at poor post-rhinoplasty Jennifer Grey - derision heaped on her from ever corner and she doesn't get much work any more because nobody recognizes her. (NT) -- Jeanne, 3/03/08 5:13
Personally, I prefer people who are confidently themselves - male or female and whether they're considered beautiful or not. (NT) -- Kim, 3/03/08 7:43
Then don't look at her, David. I've seen everybody's pictures, none of you are raving beauties. Makes me wonder why you haven't all posted about each other's looks, especially mine, since I'm so fat and plain. Maybe the few people who've been e-mailing me are right, maybe I DO need to get away from the boards. -- Kathy, 3/03/08 18:29

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The nicest of them said "You're a fat ugly cow so we all know why you bitch about it when somebody mentions the ______ looks of some ______ old bitch thats let herself go. We live in a world that judges people on what they look like so since you look worst than any of them why don't you just GO THE HELL AWAY FROM OUR BOARDS."

So, I think I will. That anonymous troll has the right idea - I don't look at a person and see ugly. In fact, I've never see a person and thought of them as UGLY. Some people may be more pleasing to the eye than others, but we're all the way God made us, and everybody in the world is beautiful to at least one liveing person. If people on Obits and here are going to be so shallow (yes, I went there again) it's best if I move out of the neighborhood. There's no way I can live around so many glass houses without throwing some stones.

Everybody take care.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Amen. Kathy is beautiful inside and out and we could all use a defender like her.Missy-JoMon March 03, 2008 7:55am CST
I do enjoy annoying you, but just so you know, I saw your photo and you actually ARE attractive, not plain (as you said). (NT)Just read the thread and figured you deserved to know.Tue November 03, 2009 9:41pm CST

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.